Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 88 pages)

Politics / Re: Governor Fayemi bans use of English Language during traditional events by 1forall: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2019
This move looks to be a disservice to non-Yoruba/dialect speakers that attend such traditional events or watch the video recordings. That is the reason why Nigeria's official language is English.

But overall, I believe the good people of Ekiti have more pressing problems than the language spoken at events. And I think Mr second-term Governor should focus on tangible stuff and not just play to the gallery.
Politics / Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by 1forall: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
The CBN Act 2007 clearly provides that the CBN shall be a "fully autonomous" body. Prior to that, it was under supervision of the ministry of finance. It has never been within the constitutional purview of the presidency as you claimed.

See, when you are in a country where the president can unilaterally give a policy directive to the Central Bank governor (who has gone to greet him at his country home during sallah celebration), you're bound to find it difficult to accept that the CBN is not under the office of the presidency. Therefore I really can't fault your assertion.

CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

You aren't a product of a failed educational system yet can't use punctuation marks correctly in a sentence. Nawa o!

Lol. Indeed the system may have failed you; like millions of others, but you could also choose to educate yourself. It's really not so hard.
Politics / Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by 1forall: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Maybe, CBN is now under your community.

What sort of ignorance will make a person not to know that someone appoints the CBN governor? Abi, CBN governor dey fall from heaven?

Sagamite's "cretinous product of a failed educational system" label seems to fit grin thus no response needed.
Politics / Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by 1forall: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2019
CoolAmbience:

You must be an illiterate to say this.

Is the CBN not under the presidency?

No. The CBN is not under the presidency.

Ignorance is not wrong, but it's not something to be proud of either.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by 1forall: 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
Bossontop:

angry angry angry angry
Oga if you dont understand people just shut up!!!!!.....instead of disgracing yourself upandan

Boss. Educate yourself.
Health / Re: Constipation: How Do I Treat This Long Term Disease Naturally? Please, Urgent! by 1forall: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lol I can only laugh to those comments suggesting cancer. It will take much more than indigestion alone to develop cancer now cheesy

Anyway OP, with all these different suggestions you've been given here now, what are you going to do? Cos if I was you I'd be confused already

First, I must advice that you're better off seeking professional medical advise as self medication can be dangerous.

Having said that, it's obviously a problem with your digestive system from what you've described, and as you already admitted, I agree it has to do with your diet, eating habits and lifestyle.

In addition to whatever your doctor recommends, be prepared to make changes to those areas above as it relates to what you put into your mouth and my suggestions are:

1. Practice 'Intermittent Fasting'
Consume your daily meals within an 8-hour window, so that your system gets 16 hours for digestion, healing and rest. For example eat between 10am-6pm, or 12noon-8pm, your digestive system needs time off too! You can google intermittent fasting.

2. Eliminate all sodas (coke etc) and reduce your intake of carbohydrates and grains (bread, swallows, rice) and processed foods. Someone with your condition shouldn't be eating fufu everyday! And when you eat them do so earlier in the day rather than later.

3. Increase your intake of vegetables and natural juices (not the processed crap full of chemicals readily available on store shelves, but make your own juices from fruits and vegetables). They're easier and faster for the body to digest, and contain many beneficial natural nutrients.

4. To clean out your colon, get an enema - talk to your doctor about this first.

Overall your condition is curable, but requires you to make wholesale changes to your diet and eating habits.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Jeffrey Epstein Found Dead In Cell In New York by 1forall: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
Wow! This is huge news for the conspiracy theorists!
Family / Re: Messy Divorce: Policemen Are Feeding Fat On A Couple's Divorce by 1forall: 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
The Nigeria Police Farce!

Profiting from others' misery is historically in their DNA so it's not hard to believe this.

Now I've had my fair share of NPF trouble, but they're nowhere near some of the horrible experiences some people have been sharing in the comments, so I sympathize!

Unfortunately, the NPF is just another reflection of Nigerian society.

4 Likes

Sports / Re: Pep Guardiola : Sane Out For ‘six Or Seven Months’ by 1forall: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2019
Gutted for the lad. Always a potent attacking threat down the left wing. Wish him a quick and full recovery.

2 Likes

Health / Re: Ada Priscilla Nzimiro: The Tragic Story Of The First Igbo Female Medical Doctor by 1forall: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2019

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Grammys: “Burna Boy Steadily Ascending As A Globally-loved Superstar” by 1forall: 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
Hmm. Na so dem dey start.
Celebrities / Re: Davido And His DMW Crew Rock Native Attires As They Pose Together In Senegal by 1forall: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2019
They look like a bunch of misfits in the picture.
Travel / Re: Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) by 1forall: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2019
Peke or Kpeke. The name is derived from the sound a coin would make when dropped in the cleaner's ceramic/metallic saucer. Lol.

I know folks who did this job. It's best for extroverts or outwardly friendly people who can engage many different people in small talk and banter, knowing they may be drunk and could get unruly.

Plus you're going to be stuck in the toilet for hours so could be lonely too as people will just come and go.

They make decent cash sha, as they would never miss their nights at their given spots.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Senate Adjourns To September 24 by 1forall: 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
oluwasegun007:
Our problem in this country is the constitution.

Spot on!

The bigger problem is, only the national assembly is empowered to change the constitution, so it looks like we're in for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Dede Mabiaku Slams People Comparing Naira Marley To Fela Kuti by 1forall: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Sigh!

Well, at least I see a lot of schooling has taken place on this topic already so there's really no need to say more.

Thanks to all those that have taken time to set things straight, and knock sense into some of the knuckleheads.

4 Likes

Family / Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by 1forall: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
Your question shows that you don't have the will to help your sister, or you have something against her.

Otherwise, you won't be bothered that someone else (her Mum oh!) is helping her in a time of need.

Seems there's a silent, selfish or evil part of you discreetly glad to watch your sister suffer.

Repent!

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Gagiyouwe ThankGod 'Tuesday Cruise' Jailed Over Yahoo Yahoo (Photo) by 1forall: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
Arrested July 11 and sentenced before month end. So fast!

You see, our judiciary works! Except in the cases where the accused are influential and/or rich cheesy

Beautiful nonsense!
Career / Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by 1forall: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
1forall:
I heard many of these middle east work arrangements are fake. Nigerians over there scamming their brothers here with the hope of work abroad

Recently someone was turned back at the airport wanting to board a flight to the middle east due to false documentation that he wasn't aware of.

Not saying yours is a fake but before you decide on Dubai, I'd advise you check very well to avoid losses and disappointment.

In today's news...

Middle East gangs using fake job offers to lure Nigerians –NAPTIP

July 25, 2019
Olaleye Aluko, Abuja

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons on Wednesday raised the alarm over the activities of criminal gangs who used fake job vacancies and scholarships to lure Nigerians to “some of the notorious Middle East countries.”

The anti-trafficking agency said many of the victims had ended up as sex slaves while others had their organs harvested and subsequently died.

The NAPTIP Director-General, Julie Okah-Donli, gave this warning at a press conference in Abuja to commemorate the 2019 World Day Against Human Trafficking under the theme, “Human trafficking: Call your government to action.”

More: https://punchng.com/meast-gangs-using-fake-job-offers-to-lure-nigerians-naptip/amp/

1 Like

Career / Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by 1forall: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2019
I heard many of these middle east work arrangements are fake. Nigerians over there scamming their brothers here with the hope of work abroad

Recently someone was turned back at the airport wanting to board a flight to the middle east due to false documentation that he wasn't aware of.

Not saying yours is a fake but before you decide on Dubai, I'd advise you check very well to avoid losses and disappointment.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by 1forall: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
So Dino Melaye's representative at the conference said:

"There are other diverse areas that can generate revenue for the country, taking agriculture for an example,”

Me: Isn't marijuana cultivation part of agriculture?

Lol

1 Like

Crime / Re: Court Jails 10 Yahoo Boys by 1forall: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
Sentenced sharp sharp!

Shey because they no get money like the politicians?

Nigeria courts need to extend this quick adjudication to all cases. But unfortunately they're corrupt too �
Politics / Re: Tribunal: Akwa Ibom APC Heads To Abuja To Lobby President Of Appeal Court, CJN by 1forall: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2019
Why not let the law to take its course?

Lobbying appeal court judge(s) can only be an attempt to pervert justice, but in Nigeria even the media have begun to normalize it.

From corruption in high and low places, widespread poverty, terrorism, diseducation, poor healthcare and shambolic infrastructure, to the recent upsurge in violent crimes like mass killings and highway kidnapping, and the resulting citizens' mechanisms of coping with these never-ending problems, like internet fraud, violence, talentless music, rampant prostitution, ritual killing for money, suicide etc, it's not difficult to see, though difficult to admit, that Nigeria is doomed.
Sports / Re: Hughie Fury wins shambolic fight as Samuel Peter retires by 1forall: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
Dantedasz:

Peter was penalised many times for low blows to his opponent.
When the ref ordered clean breaks during clinches Peter would sneak hit his opponent.It wasn't a one off,it was constant through out the bout. It was obvious Peter was a frustrated man because he appeared overweight and was swinging wildly and consistently missing.
It was during a clinch that the ref had to step in and separate the two fighters but Peter did not want to break clean and tried another wild sneak punch at his opponent that missed and resulted in him dislocating his shoulder. I must say if Hughie had not ducked that wild punch it might have taken his head off.
To be honest the fight was a mismatch and quite frankly in my opinion Peter should have retired after he lost to Klitschko the second time. He has no right to continue boxing except he is on a suicide mission to self destruct.

Lol @ the punch might have taken Hughie's head off cheesy

I read he even caught the ref with one of his late punches at some point, leaving him (ref) bleeding! cheesy
Sports / Re: Hughie Fury wins shambolic fight as Samuel Peter retires by 1forall: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
Dantedasz:
Watching this bout on supersport last night was just embarrassing. Peter was a shadow of himself, swinging wildly but constantly missing an elusive opponent .
What drew me to watch the bout was the fact that Peter was on the card because I thought he retired eons ago. It appears the Saudis lured him out of retirement with petrol dollars.
It was sad watching a former world heavyweight champion like Peter embarrassing himself by fighting a guy that would never have laced his boots in his prime. It was while taking a wild swing that missed its target that he dislocated his shoulder. It was hard watching that bout and sad.

Thanks for sharing this cos I was curious about the shoulder, and how the 'shambles of a fight' played out cheesy

1 Like

Romance / Re: I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed by 1forall: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2019
Frankly, the reasons you've given are mainly emotional - they are not strong enough reasons to base a marital (lifetime) decision on.

Understand that being single, it is inevitable to develop feelings for a decent person you work with and see on a daily basis. So don't even consider the situation as special. You probably would have felt the same way if it was somebody else doing those things. And she probably felt the same for you even before you realized your own feelings.

One standard rule you would be violating by going into a relationship with her is that you'll be mixing business with pleasure and it's bound to have an unpredictable (usually negative) effect on both of you, and effectively the business. This is because it will become difficult to know where to draw the line between being her employer, and being her romantic partner. For example, if she begins to resume late consistently, maybe due to spending time with you after work, how will you react?

However if you're determined to get involved with her, you have to build a relationship with her first before you begin to consider marriage. Because you're already talking about a marriage proposal while it appears you have overlooked the stages you should go through before proposal.

You should take time to know her family - parents and siblings, and how they're set up. You should observe the relationship between her mum and dad, because it is likely to be the model she will base her own marriage on. You need to know their family values too. And you need to meet and know her friends because they will be likely reflections of her. Then you need to test her by asking questions particularly about any red flags you find. What you find would give you a picture of how marriage to her may be. Then it will be up to you to decide whether you can live with it forever, or not.

Note that doing all these things will take time so you shouldn't be in a hurry, and it's only after you've done these things that you'll be be in a good position to consider marriage.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by 1forall: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
ijustdey:

According to the letter, dated 2 July, 2019, an implementation committee of the National Livestock Transformation Programme comprising representatives of the National Economic Council (NEC), [b]National Food Security Council/b] and Federal Executive Council as well as the minister is to be inaugurated to oversee the delivery of the national livestock transformation programme.

Lol. So Nigeria has a food security council, and Nigerians are hungry?
Politics / Re: Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards by 1forall: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
Under Obasanjo, this same woman wanted to sell Unity schools to people like Dangote. That single step would have ensured that the children of the low wage workers like gatemen would never be able to afford Unity schools.

She attempted to deprive coming generations of public education and she's trying to form holy. She thinks everyone has short memories like her supporters.

She should shut up cos she's part of the problem and stop making hypocritical noise. With her hair like the experiment of an inexperienced barber.

Think. What percentage of Nigerian students attend Unity schools per year?

Think. What's wrong with privatizing education?

And think. What is the state of the Unity schools now that they were not privatized, are they better off?

The comment read like it came out of some sort of dislike for Mrs Ezekwesili.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by 1forall: 9:39am On Jul 06, 2019
Lol PDP.

Apart from releasing a routine statement to condemn his behaviour, they've taken no real action on the slapping senator. But they swiftly suspend these guys for something that was not totally within their control.

Shows where their priority lies.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Adebayo Shittu Sued By Victor Oluwadamilere, Ex Aide Over Unpaid Salaries by 1forall: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
The case is mentioned in July but adjourned till November

Justice delayed is justice denied

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by 1forall: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2019
lonelydora,

Good to know! Was just curious to know if and how you managed to get a resolution afterall.

On a side note, I sent you a PM days ago, please check.
Politics / Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by 1forall: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
lonelydora,

How did this go? Did you manage to get a solution?
Business / Re: Dangote Offers N340m For Micro-grant Empowerment Programme In Katsina by 1forall: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
jhydebaba:

Dats 1million dollars.

340,000 each.

Not quite.

Read: The programme aims at empowering 1000 beneficiaries from each of the 34 local government areas.

So it's a mere ₦10,000 each my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 88 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.