Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (46080 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1forall: 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
Mikkyjay17:
@1forall

Iron ore, and zinc are not.
I mean the aforementioned are exported majorly to foreign countries.

We've got companies; the likes of fmcg and others who manufactured their goods here, also export it. I presumed the buyer preference has to do with brand and originalitity.

For charcoal, the said law which ban imported rice and turkey only mitigate it and wave cheaply on this too.
Although relevant authorities after much deliberation with FG would soon make it lawful, in due time

OK. Thanks for your response.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by mygee2(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
Mikkyjay17:

On which exactly?
Are you a farmer?
Do you have a foreign buyer?

I could only facilitate a smooth process of getting your goods exported having not to experience the hurdle to its port of discharged.

It is a process, not quick as people envisaged.

I’m a farmer and i don’t have a foreign buyer
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by codemaniacs: 11:46am On Sep 28, 2023
bull67:
how about ogun state?

Esude007:
hmmm...I don't think it can be cultivated in south west

Kogi is in the south west. So it can grow properly in the south west
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by ugoadudu: 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Esude007:
from calculation of rainfall based on my own area, above that time, the plants will not get water at some critical stages

There's a stream near my land. If I irrigate, will that be okay?
I want to start the sesame farming. I'll need the seeds, fertilizers etc. Can you walk me through? I'm ready to start now.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
ugoadudu:

There's a stream near my land. If I irrigate, will that be okay?
I want to start the sesame farming. I'll need the seeds, fertilizers etc. Can you walk me through? I'm ready to start now.
chat me up
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
Today, I scouted the field for any sign of infestation, I discovered that one of the section has fungi infestation, fungicide application commenced immediately

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2023
Mixing of fungicide

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2023
Application

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2023
More picture

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
Application already done in this section... 50 days old...

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2023
Agriculture is very hard to start, but if u start the right way, u become unstoppable.... cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2023
(1) Right market

(2) Right plan

(3) Right skill

(4) Right varieties

(5) Right nutritional program

(6) Right pest and disease control

THE RIGHT WINNING...WE MUST ALL WIN..LAS LAS

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2023
HAPPY SUNDAY PEOPLE

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2023
Jibo( team mate ) thanks for ur effort

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
A little addition from winfarmz even as we prepare for harvest..... sesame things

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 7:16am On Oct 02, 2023
willybaby:
A little addition from winfarmz even as we prepare for harvest..... sesame things
wow... Nice one... What's ur plan for hervest... Are u using labourers or mower?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2023
Esude007:
wow... Nice one... What's ur plan for hervest... Are u using labourers or mower?
labourers Sir. How does a mower harvest work
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2023
willybaby:
labourers Sir. How does a mower harvest work
First rule before planting... Plan how to hervest... This is what i am using for hervest... Three is on ground now...

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
Fungicide application continued today....

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:06am On Oct 03, 2023
Esude007:
Today, I scouted the field for any sign of infestation, I discovered that one of the section has fungi infestation, fungicide application commenced immediately

How can I source for this product and I want to know how to sell on MT?..im interested in purchasing
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 7:02am On Oct 03, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

How can I source for this product and I want to know how to sell on MT?..im interested in purchasing
which product, sesame or fungicide?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:48am On Oct 03, 2023
Esude007:
which product, sesame or fungicide?

Cocoa beans

Sesame seeds

Cashew nuts

Ginger

Cocoa butter

Roasted Cocoa beans

ByPalm Oil

Charcoal

Shellbutter

How can we source for all of this product and also I want to know how they sell on MT ??
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
Esude007:
First rule before planting... Plan how to hervest... This is what i am using for hervest... Three is on ground now...
your totally right on the first rule miss the proper harvest time and you just might lose your whole farm in days. Before planting guaranteed labour from start to finish was put in place.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Esude007:
Fungicide application continued today....
fungus seems to be giving you issues what might be the cause.
I only spray insecticide once pest is observed not even weekly like most.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2023
willybaby:
fungus seems to be giving you issues what might be the cause.
I only spray insecticide once pest is observed not even weekly like most.
yeàh... There was serious flood in the village, so many farms was ravaged by fungi attack... So I scout the field for any possible infestation.... I no wan hear story o
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
willybaby:
your totally right on the first rule miss the proper harvest time and you just might lose your whole farm in days. Before planting guaranteed labour from start to finish was put in place.

yeah... That's it bro
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
This thing no easy oo.na so I do ham last year and I wan cry. however the only good thing about it is that it is easy to farm. To get one bag of beeniseed hard die........
A bag goes for 110k now but before u can get a bag u go cry.
If u wan enjoy ham first farm groundnut then put beeniseed.

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
gunners160:
This thing no easy oo.na so I do ham last year and I wan cry. however the only good thing about it is that it is easy to farm. To get one bag of beeniseed hard die........
smiles..naso o.... nothing good comes easy
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by oweniwe(m): 6:56am On Oct 04, 2023
gunners160:
. To get one bag of beeniseed hard die........

Chai. I no do again. Make person just plant corn
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2023
oweniwe:

Chai. I no do again. Make person just plant corn
hahahaha...
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 12:01am On Oct 05, 2023
gunners160:

I'm genuinely curious,

- Why is it so hard to get up to a bag considering it's easy to farm? Does it require a large size of land to generate one bag of beeniseed compared to other crops?
- How does farming groundnut contribute to its growth?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

I'm genuinely curious,

- Why is it so hard to get up to a bag considering it's easy to farm? Does it require a large size of land to generate one bag of beeniseed compared to other crops?
- How does farming groundnut contribute to its growth?
1. Beeniseed is very very tiny and small so before you go full one bag ehn you go suffer. You will see a very large hectare of land full of beeniseed but after harvesting you can end up getting half a bag or just one bag

2. The reason why I said you need to farm gnut first is becos most people plant g nut before beeniseed. G nut is mostly planted March or early April while beeni is planted September/ late August. So once u have harvested your g nut, u can make money from the g nut u planted and use the same farmland u use for g nut for ur beeni seed; this will save u money for tilling the ground and also save you labour.
Lastly, g nut serves a manure for beeniseed
Anywhere u plant g nut and u put beeniseed, it does very very well.
Infact most especially if you plant it instead of broadcasting

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive / Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.