Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

1x2x3's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1x2x3's Profile / 1x2x3's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 160 pages)

Politics / Re: Nigeria’s FX Reserves Drop To $32bn — Lowest Level In Six Years by 1x2x3: 9:17pm On Apr 17
LegendHero:
Lol, Nigeria media and nonsense sensational reporting.

Below is a quick chart I did on the FX reserve data from CBN. You can see how the foreign reserve move average through the years from 2006 to 2024.

Cardoso paid over $6bn in FX backlog, repayed trillion from the way and means, where do they expect him to see the money aside dipping in the foreign reserve and borrowing from external source?

Even the Bloomberg report that they are all copying and pasting clearly mentioned the above in their report. Just that Nigeria media don't use brain in copying.

To all those kids screaming keep your dollar, how many of una even get dollars lol? For those with dollar, keep it so that your family can cry for you when you lose your life fortune.

God bless Nigeria.

From this, it means Emefiele did a great job.
Business / Re: Naira Appreciation Fastest In 15 Year History - BDC Association President by 1x2x3: 8:14am On Apr 17
flokii:

Emefiele is a disgrace to the South.. the attrocities the useless man committed was just too much.
This is his fellow Southerner that is performing wonders in the same seat as CBN Governor.
The main reason some Northerners are antagonizing the President and Mr. cardoso is because of the clampdown on their shady activities killing naira in their BDC business.

A Yoruba is not one to cower to anybody or region. We are equal stakeholders in this project called Nigeria and anyone who isn't satisfied can fvck off to Niger Republic or Chad.

Your reasoning is exactly why politicians with no brains will keep outsmarting people like you.

Your articulation presents a compelling juxtaposition between the critique directed at Emefiele and the accolades bestowed upon Cardoso, despite the latter's emulation, albeit worsened, of Emefiele's policies. Although seemingly surprising, allow me to delineate the striking parallels between their approaches and elucidate why Cardoso's endeavors fall short, exacerbating the prevailing conditions.

1. The proclivity to deplete our external reserves in the defense of the naira remains a shared attribute between Emefiele and Cardoso. However, it is imperative to discern that while Emefiele's tenure witnessed such actions, Cardoso's adherence to this pattern not only persists but manifests in a heightened magnitude, thereby exacerbating the strain on our economic fortitude.

2. While Emefiele's management allowed the naira to depreciate to the extent of reaching N620, Cardoso has yet to approach such a threshold, let alone surpass it. However, this disparity does not equate to a commendable distinction for Cardoso, as his failure to address the trajectory set by his predecessor indicates a lack of efficacy rather than an improvement.

In juxtaposition, Cardoso's purported superiority falters under scrutiny, revealing a continuation of detrimental policies with heightened severity. Thus, the narrative of commendation for Cardoso remains untenable in light of these observations.
Politics / Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by 1x2x3: 6:45pm On Apr 11
People don't read.

I support everything if they can execute this project perfectly. It will drastically reduce travel time and also save gasoline. However, after such tolls I hope police checkpoints won't flood the highway

3 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by 1x2x3: 12:11pm On Apr 09
Fash20:
The US basically own these economies apart from China. The US is rich. How many countries can loan this kind of money out.

Google countries the US is owing before you open mouth.

Politics / Re: Electricity Tariff Increase: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Says House Will Intervene by 1x2x3: 10:18am On Apr 09
It's always the same trick and pattern.

The initial proposed increment is set within the range of N160-180 per kilowatt. To preempt any potential dissent or opposition, the figure is elevated to N225 per kilowatt. This strategic maneuver allows for a margin of negotiation, as any ensuing protests can then be met with a reduction to the originally intended pricing bracket of N160-180.
Politics / Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by 1x2x3: 7:00pm On Apr 07
Hahahaha... If the govt wants it to work don't tell me agberos can stop them, it's impossible.
Travel / Re: Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London by 1x2x3: 1:49pm On Apr 07
helinues:
It's an open market

No one is frustrating anyone .

Air peace should have made proper consultation with other airlines before splashing the average airline ticket to UK.

Win win for the travellers as the airlines would drag themselves to the extent of free falling the price

The curses and the poisoned salary you've been receiving to oppose anything that speaks the truth is gradually catching up on you in reality.

If a rational thinking person is paid to act irrational over a long time, there's a high chance irrationality will become his norm. You no longer possess the sense of logical thinking since you've acted St.upid for years cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Politics / Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Tariff, FG Tells Nigerians by 1x2x3: 9:00am On Apr 06
PressMyButton:
100% in support of FG. FG has been paying subsidy for darkness for decades. This is one of the many evils of PDP whereby incompetent cronies of government were sold NEPA while government keeps paying billions in subsidy to private owners to cover for their operating loss. Which sensible country does that?

You have wicked politicians who have zero accountability. Tell me what they have done with subsidy money they claimed to have removed from petroleum. Don't worry, let's keep cheering them, I can guarantee you a huge rebound will come one day and every one of you cheering them may be consumed when hungry citizens revolt.
Politics / Re: Allen Onyema, From Zero Business To A Billionaire by 1x2x3: 10:55am On Apr 05
Putindbutt:

Is it a crime to expose fraud on nairaland?

There's a huge price for exposing financial crimes and it will run into anything from 500M upwards for someone like Onyema... It's called whistleblowing. Why not make over 500M rather than give out 50K?

You see why I believe you aren't smart?

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Allen Onyema, From Zero Business To A Billionaire by 1x2x3: 9:20am On Apr 05
Putindbutt:

Onyema is part of the corrupt system. i don't have to petition EFCC, they are reading this on nairaland.

Take your complains to the court sir stop acting like a troll.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Allen Onyema, From Zero Business To A Billionaire by 1x2x3: 7:33am On Apr 05
Putindbutt:
Checked all his profile, he has never owned any business prior to Air peace. He has never had any known business or worked legitimately with any firm that could explain his source of wealth.
From nowhere, Air peace came to existence in 2013, little did we know that the airline was established with proceeds of corruption during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan. The airline was established with speed express without any hassle from the authorities. The man behind the scene making every moves possible was the one and only Kingsley Kuku, the ex-SA and Chairman of Presidential Amnesty Programe, 2011. He was one of the few most powerful men in the government of GEJ, a very close pal of Patience Jonathan and President Goodluck Jonathan but he likes keeping a low profile. Kingsley Kuku appointed his colleague and confidant, Allen Onyema as his consultant for the Presidential Amnesty Programe. PAP handled multibillion contracts yearly on behalf of ND youths. 3 years after, there was an Airpeace.

Why not drag him to court directly using the 50k you want to give out?
If I were you, I would petition EFCC and then drag him to court, I won't even waste my time on Nairaland.
Politics / Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by 1x2x3: 12:21am On Apr 04
abbey621:
Whether you're in America or Nigeria, power generation no be beans! It has nothing to do with wages or what you earn. The cost to generate electricity will always dictate what you pay. For example, electricity is way cheaper in Alabama than California because California suffers from excessive drought and over population.

It does not matter if people in the USA are spending less than $200 per month on 24/7 electricity, if the cost to generate same electricity is much higher in Nigeria then Nigerians will naturally pay more.

So rather than dream of impossibilities such as 1 million minimum wage, the discussion should be how can we make electricity generation cheaper in Nigeria.

Are you aware Nigeria is supplying Neighboring countries with 24hrs supply electricity? How come they still pay lesser??

2 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: France Paid Canada 200 Dollars Per Kg Of Uranium And Niger 50 Cents For Same by 1x2x3: 10:44pm On Apr 03
RenaissanceGuy:
Sometimes, it's excuses such as these that stifle Africa's growth and not that there's actually a real or very strong conspiracy to keep Africa in perpetual penury and privation. Why can't we rise above all these conspiratorial theories about how US and Europe want to keep the rest of the world under their feet and do biiig things like many countries in Asia (China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan) did, pulling themselves out of underdevelopment and earning respect from the so-called enemies??

The dismissal of certain narratives as mere conspiracy theories fails to acknowledge the stark realities they represent. How does one extricate oneself from a narrative that is, in fact, grounded in undeniable truth? The initial step towards liberation entails acknowledging the authenticity of these narratives, accepting them as incontrovertible realities, before embarking on the journey towards emancipation.

Consider the paradigm shift witnessed in Niger Republic, where they confronted the prevailing reality head-on, orchestrating a coup to reclaim sovereignty from the puppet regimes installed by France. This bold move signifies a significant stride towards self-determination. With regained autonomy, they now wield full control over their resources, enabling them to chart their nation's course without external interference.

Reflecting on the broader landscape, how many nations among those you enumerated remain ensnared in clandestine manipulation akin to Britain's backstage orchestration of affairs? Are you cognizant of the colonial pact binding Nigeria to Britain? It behooves us to delve into the intricacies of these agreements, to avoid engaging in uninformed discourse that trivializes the deleterious impact of Western colonial masters on the economies of African nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: France Paid Canada 200 Dollars Per Kg Of Uranium And Niger 50 Cents For Same by 1x2x3: 9:24pm On Apr 03
RenaissanceGuy:
If there's any such rule, then it was greedy Niger leaders who signed that agreement and not that France imposed it on them.

Colonial entities systematically coerced and manipulated colonies into agreements, leaving little room for genuine avarice to manifest. While I'm uncertain of your age, I would earnestly recommend delving into the intricate history of Colonialism and its profound repercussions on the colonized regions. Nigeria remains ensnared within the grasp of British influence, with significant decisions still dictated by colonial powers, a reality that may elude your awareness.

It is worth noting that many Western nations sustain their economies through agreements with their former colonies. Although corruption exists within our societies, its magnitude pales in comparison to the systematic extraction perpetrated by these Western nations upon Africa. They show scant regard for the welfare of African nations, often endorsing pliable leaders who abide by colonial-era agreements. In truth, they favor puppet regimes to stifle African dissent and prevent the awakening of a collective consciousness that could challenge their hegemony.

3 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: France Paid Canada 200 Dollars Per Kg Of Uranium And Niger 50 Cents For Same by 1x2x3: 8:32pm On Apr 03
RenaissanceGuy:
Did France force them to sell it to them at gunpoint??

Learn not to display ignorance, it's better to ask why that happened.

Now let me educate you small. France colonized Niger Republic and they have Colonial agreement in place which requires that all natural resources Niger Republic wants to export or sell, France must have the first option to buy it and must determine the price. They can't sell it anywhere else unless France approves it. Niger Republic must report yearly financial reports to them.... There are so many rules in that agreement that will continue to enrich France but keep Niger Republic poor.

This is the reason you see coups and the citizens having to chase France away.

So they buy it $200 from Canada but pay Niger $0.50 for the same product.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Business / Re: Dangote, Adenuga, Abdulsamad, Otedola Make Forbes List With $26 Billion by 1x2x3: 9:09am On Apr 03
ILoveNG:

If that’s what makes you happy, i won’t say otherwise.
At least not being on forbes is not the end of life 😂
I’m sure one day your 10,000 millionaires will make it to forbes list.

Forbes list won't stop hunger. I would prefer no one in 10M people appears on forbes but everyone can make a decent living to feed properly than have 1 person on forbes list while others hijack trucks conveying food.

2 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: Dangote, Adenuga, Abdulsamad, Otedola Make Forbes List With $26 Billion by 1x2x3: 8:35am On Apr 03
ILoveNG:
The only reason an easterner would think he isn’t on the list is because they hated him.

I would rather have 10,000 millionaires for every 10M people than have 1billionaire for every 10M people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by 1x2x3: 8:09am On Apr 03
The events unfolding in Abia serve as a poignant reminder that the stewardship of leadership is paramount. While the wrong incumbent may bemoan circumstances, the rightful custodian will adeptly navigate the available resources to orchestrate remarkable feats. Even if the tariff surges to 200 per kilowatt, one can confidently assert that the purported savings from subsidy removal will not yield substantive benefits. It is not a matter of financial destitution, but rather the inept handling of our invaluable resources.

Look at the other subsidies they removed, how has it benefitted the masses, what have they done with the money?

4 Likes

Romance / Re: Man Weds on Riverbank, Dedicates Wedding to River Goddess (pic, video) by 1x2x3: 6:14pm On Apr 01
judedwriter:

Outside God there are time and chances. But in God, you are favoured and blessed not opportuned or lucky.

God is not a stone, idol, tree, or river that people worship in the name of traditions, but He is alive and has all power.

Don't get started with what you've been fed limited knowledge about. What do you think you know about God, favour and blessings?

List 5 favours and blessings God has given you and I will show you 10 other people with bigger blessings and favour yet they don't believe in God. The Bible has explained how things work on earth but they keep feeding you guys with false teachings.
Business / Re: Dollar Now Sells @ N907 In Polaris Bank As Hoarders Count Their Losses by 1x2x3: 9:38am On Mar 31
Elliotwaveforec:

Buy from them to do what? Is dollar our currency? If you want to buy, go to BDC!

You don't buy online internationally, if you do you won't ask this question. When buying something of $1500 using your naira account they will convert Naira to Dollar @1350.
Business / Re: Dollar Now Sells @ N907 In Polaris Bank As Hoarders Count Their Losses by 1x2x3: 9:55pm On Mar 30
They are buying it from you @907 try to buy from them.

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: Should I Return This Tv... 1.1m Wasted by 1x2x3: 12:37pm On Mar 28
mu2sa2:
From personal experience with a 4k-resolution hisense tv and online reviews I have seen, hisense tv screens have lifespans of 3-5 years. Mine suddenly crashed at 31/2 years (this no be village people o but chinko wahala). Worse still, replacement parts are hardly available in the market, if at all. I rate LG tvs as overall best for audio/video quality, reliability and durability (with spare parts available yanfu-yanfu).

They program these things. There's a problem that comes for the panels at exactly one year once the warrant expires, it happened to me and I Google to see many people faced the same problem, I had to pay them to have the panel replaced.

5 Likes

Politics / Re: One Dollar Sold At N900 in Zone 4 , Abuja, As Hoarders Offload by 1x2x3: 11:29am On Mar 27
The intricacies of economic dynamics often elude the general populace. Presently, the fluctuating rates, whether high or low, are predominantly influenced by speculative endeavors rather than the intrinsic forces of the market. The pervasive presence of inflation further compounds this reality, resulting in a paradoxical scenario where prices of commodities remain ostensibly unaffected despite the depreciation of the dollar.

It is imperative that the genuine worth of the Naira be established by market forces, as only then will prospective investors be incentivized to engage with an economy characterized by stability rather than volatility. The exodus of numerous multinational corporations from Nigeria serves as a poignant testament to their discernment of the genuine value of the Naira amidst manipulated exchange rates.

Upon the cessation of speculative rates, two conceivable outcomes may transpire. Firstly, the government may persist in expending resources to fortify the Naira's position vis-à-vis the dollar. Alternatively, the Naira may undergo a gradual devaluation until it aligns with its authentic value in the global currency market.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Man Catches Wife Cheating, Handles Situation Like A Real "G" (video) by 1x2x3: 10:28am On Mar 27
Jman06:
If you call this real G a weakling, what would you call men who catch their wives in similar act but would still be the ones to beg her not to divorce him Or don't you know such men exist?

To me, that man did the right thing for not allowing his emotion cause him to do something silly that might send him to jail. Simply divorce the lady and move on with better women.

I was about saying same. The guy you qouted may be a teenager or in his early 20s, it takes a very very strong man to be calm in that situation and also made his points clear.

They think him saying "give me a divorce" means he's begging. He's only asking for the divorce not to be contested which would make the entire process easier otherwise she has the right to contest it and prolong the entire process.

24 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Finland Times Newspaper Features Simon Ekpa On Front Page - Pictures by 1x2x3: 5:40pm On Mar 24
SalamRushdie:
Fake magazine cover . There is no newspaper known as Finland times , there is Helsinki times or Finland Daily

Let's even assume there is one by that name, what difference does it make? You guys give so much attention to him.
Romance / Re: Man Weds on Riverbank, Dedicates Wedding to River Goddess (pic, video) by 1x2x3: 10:05pm On Mar 23
dkidd:

You have no knowledge hence u say that. Not every church goer is a believer same as not ever Christian knows God a lot of people are just religious and that's where it ends for them.

Read your Bible properly.
Romance / Re: Man Weds on Riverbank, Dedicates Wedding to River Goddess (pic, video) by 1x2x3: 6:06am On Mar 23
fidelmarshal199:

The fact that you dedicated your children doesn't immune them from suffering. it's determined by time and chance

I just wrote the same thing in my post above before reading this. He's knowledge about time and chance is limited.

4 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Man Weds on Riverbank, Dedicates Wedding to River Goddess (pic, video) by 1x2x3: 6:02am On Mar 23
dkidd:
And when the children will be struggling to find a way out tomorrow probably these idiots will be dead and gone

Are kids from millions of weddings held in churches not suffering

Majority of Christians are hypocrites who think Christianity is the only way therefore we criticize others we don't understand. I'm a Christian but that approach is 100% wrong. Anyone can progress in life and be successful irrespective of their religious beliefs. If you know the bible well, you will understand time and chance happens to everyone equally as long as you are on earth.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Foreign Affairs / Re: Russia Attacks Ukraine, Leaves One Million Without Electricity, 5 Dead by 1x2x3: 9:26pm On Mar 22
iichidodo:
Seriously, Ukraine needs more support, more missile defense systems, more cruise missiles, more intercontinental ballistic missile systems to hit areas in Russia upto 1000 kilometers from the front, especially their military industrial complexes in the far east. Europe should realize that Ukraine is fighting for them. If Ukraine falls, Western Europe is finished.

Imagine after Joshua knocked out Ngannou you gave him lucozade boost, new gloves, and energy drink then tell him to keep fighting. You know what would happen? JOSHUA may end up knocking him to death.

Ukraine used its ground to fight proxy war they will bear the consequences.

1 Like

Health / Re: Residents Rescue New Born Baby Dumped In Wild Park Bush In Jos (Graphic) by 1x2x3: 12:37pm On Mar 21
Darkandhandsom:
This is wickedness.. Yesterday one, today another.
Please like i said yesterday, i need a baby to train. I don't want a wife. If you are pregnant and you know you want to throw your baby away. Please send me a dm

I hope its not what I'm thinking.
Education / Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by 1x2x3: 12:12pm On Mar 19
Have you seen Mega Mind animation movie? You'd understand there's something called evil genius.

4 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Putin Warns NATO Of World War III by 1x2x3: 9:04am On Mar 19
Jayhome24:
Putin pls shut up and f u c k to hell.

You will just wake up and started threatening everybody about war war and war fu-ck you very seriously if you fail to start the war.

Empty barrel making stupid noise...

You think he will just wake up and make those statements? He has intel on what NATO is planning to do so it's important he constantly remind them if need be. If there are no Nuclear weapons in Russia then NATO would have tried some stupid moves.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 160 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.