Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

If You Were The Nigerian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The Nigerian President (855 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The Nigerian President by infantrydoctor(m): 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
I know there are a lot of intelligent and patrotic chaps on this forum. People who could effectively anchor the affairs of this nation if given the oppotunity. So my question is what would you do to change Nigeria for the better if you were the president. How would you address issues like curruption, unemployment and insecurity. Pls feel free to express your opinions, who knows the people in authority may be reading your comments and they might decide to apply you ideas. Pls practical contributions and no insults on anybody pls. Thanks.
Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
if you are abati or omokri

you won't find what you're looking for here
Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by infantrydoctor(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
if you are abati or omokri

you won't find what you're looking for here

Gosh!
Even if l were this people you just mentioned, what could l possibly be looking for? Make a reasonable comment or you let the topic be.
Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by mekaboy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
How many times una go become president for nairaland?
Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by Abagworo(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
infantrydoctor:
I know there are a lot of intelligent and patrotic chaps on this forum. People who could effectively anchor the affairs of this nation if given the oppotunity. So my question is what would you do to change Nigeria for the better if you were the president. How would you address issues like curruption, unemployment and insecurity. Pls feel free to express your opinions, who knows the people in authority may be reading your comments and they might decide to apply you ideas. Pls practical contributions and no insults on anybody pls. Thanks.

I wont give you my wisdom for free. Make me Presido 1st.
Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by infantrydoctor(m): 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Abagworo:

I wont give you my wisdom for free. Make me Presido 1st.

But you know the procedure for sure. If you can dream it you can achieve it. I can't make you until you make yourself first.
Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by Aldrickay: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Well its a nice topic.

Corruption:

It can not be completely eradicated within my tenure, it is a gradual process.

1. I would start by getting rid of corruption from my life as the president.
2. Appoint trust worthy people who are not corrupt to work with me.
3. Deal with any body guilty of corruption be it my child,parents,relations e.t.c as the constitution says.

eeeem well many tins sha.

Unemployment:

1. Investing massively on the country's economic. which include construction of varieties of factory that will lead to the production of different kind of goods in country which exportation might be witnessed construction of not just health centers but world class health center which will not only create jobs but reduce the rate of nigerians travelling abroad for medical treatment, contruction of more schools,
skill acquisition centers across the country e.t.c

2. Bringing back to life dead/abandoned investment. Which includes (a) Rail way transport, b) boat transport c) airports d) sea ports, road transportation, Power stations, oil refinaries, agriculture e.t.c

3. Privatizing all of the above.

Security:

1. Providing the necessary materials which includes arms,Electrical security devices, tanks,hilux e.t.c

2. Installation of Security Cameras on major cities e.g state capital territories to start with.

3. Introduction of emergency numbers across the country ranging from local government areas to federal.

4. Establishment of radio station across the state includong FCT for security information's to be passed and also obtained from the people. (because nepa no too dey steady 4 evry body to dey watch news, bt with #50 battery u don power ur radio 4 atleast two three to four days)

5. Co-operating with advanced countries and also with community chiefs/elders.

6. Proper funding of community vigilantes through there kings/ traditional rulers.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The Nigerian President by infantrydoctor(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
Aldrickay:
Well its a nice topic.

Corruption:

It can not be completely eradicated within my tenure, it is a gradual process.

1. I would start by getting rid of corruption from my life as the president.
2. Appoint trust worthy people who are not corrupt to work with me.
3. Deal with any body guilty of corruption be it my child,parents,relations e.t.c as the constitution says.

eeeem well many tins sha.

Unemployment:

1. Investing massively on the country's economic. which include construction of varieties of factory that will lead to the production of different kind of goods in country which exportation might be witnessed construction of not just health centers but world class health center which will not only create jobs but reduce the rate of nigerians travelling abroad for medical treatment, contruction of more schools,
skill acquisition centers across the country e.t.c

2. Bringing back to life dead/abandoned investment. Which includes (a) Rail way transport, b) boat transport c) airports d) sea ports, road transportation, Power stations, oil refinaries, agriculture e.t.c

3. Privatizing all of the above.

Security:

1. Providing the necessary materials which includes arms,Electrical security devices, tanks,hilux e.t.c

2. Installation of Security Cameras on major cities e.g state capital territories to start with.

3. Introduction of emergency numbers across the country ranging from local government areas to federal.

4. Establishment of radio station across the state includong FCT for security information's to be passed and also obtained from the people. (because nepa no too dey steady 4 evry body to dey watch news, bt with #50 battery u don power ur radio 4 atleast two three to four days)

5. Co-operating with advanced countries and also with community chiefs/elders.

6. Proper funding of community vigilantes through there kings/ traditional rulers.

Thanks.

Waoh! How l wish l can just give 100likes. This is a brilliant approach here. Nice one.

Okay let me add mine.
Curruption.
I would like to introduce a course in schools and colleges that teaches students to curruption free and thus always frown against any currupt practices. At least they are the leaders of tomorrow. I will want to sponsor a bill that would lay down a very serious punishment against any act of curruption in addition to what you said. I will want to delve into education system to make sure only qualified students are offered admission as well as certificate/degrees. My cabinet would alsoo be filled with men of integrity and honour and not bootllickers and political businessmen" .

Employment
In addition to your opinion, l would revive all the broke down industries. I will revive Ajaokuta steel ind and co. Thereby creating employment. I will empower youth innAgric. I will make policies that would compel foreign companies to employ a certain nos of employees of Niija origin per yr.

Security.
Since l was a kid l have understood that a sovereign state has only 2 duties; the security of its citizens and their welfare.
Without security nothing will go smoothly. Economy will be backward.education will suffer. Govt it self will not function well. Its because will have been experiencing peace in Nigeria, thats why we think we spend too much on security. America spend 7.5m dollars a day to wage war in lraq alone. America is powerful militarily and thats why they are called super power. I will invest largely on my military power. Purchase arms and equipments. Cctv everywhere. Install arms detector in all the major borders. Secure porous borders.etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Folks Are Saying On Facebook About What Transpired Today At Nass. / Yaradua Decisively Dealt With This Same Boko Haram / F.G To Buy Stoves With 9.2billion Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.