Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time (3745 Views)

My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / ‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by knightsTempler: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
Saudi husband tells his bride he wants a divorce during their wedding after seeing her face for the first time when the photographer asked them to pose for pictures

A Saudi groom has divorced his bride on their wedding night after seeing her face for the first time when the photographer asked them to pose for pictures.

The couple, from the Western Saudi town of Medinah, had agreed to marry each other despite having not met face to face - a popular custom in certain Middle Eastern countries.

But when the bride removed her veil and smiled for the camera, her new husband leapt to his feet in disgust.

'You are not the girl I want to marry,' he declared. 'You are not the one I had imagined. I am sorry, but I divorce you.'

According to local daily Okaz, the bride immediately collapsed in a fit of tears as panicked wedding guests stepped in to try to resolve the dispute.

But their efforts were to no avail.

'The groom said he had not been able to see his bride's face before marriage,' Okaz reported. 'When he divorced her, the bride collapsed and the wedding turned into a night of tears.'

News of the jilting was met with anger on social media.

Afra wrote on one social media network: 'He caused her great pain through his irresponsible attitude, and he deserves to suffer.

'He should appreciate that beauty is in the character, not the face.

'Unfortunately, many young people today are interested only in looks and ignore values and morals.

'May God give her a better husband who will appreciate her for who and what she is.'

Abu Nass added: 'He is not man enough to assume his responsibilities. He is totally, completely insensitive.

'Nobody has forced him to marry her. He should have insisted on seeing her before the wedding and the engagement, and not wait until the wedding night.

'May he always be a loser and may he be deprived of getting married at all. He is not a man and he lacks basic feelings.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2837721/Saudi-husband-tells-bride-wants-divorce-wedding-seeing-face-time-photographer-asked-pose-pictures.html

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
Where's the picture of the girl? I know it is not that fine chic there
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by knightsTempler: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
Yeah, arranged marriages with people you've never met, who you won't be attracted to and who you haven't emotionally bonded with. What could go wrong??!! Ridiculous culture.
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by tyson55(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
You have to laugh at these archaic rituals

Meanwhile....

2 Likes

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by tyson55(m): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
But when the bride removed her veil and smiled for the camera, her new husband leapt to his feet in disgust.

This got me roflmao cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by NaijaOptimist: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
Love at first sight....
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by freecocoa(f): 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
That can't be their pictures up there.
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
Lmfao.

There are villages in upper Egypt called 'Saidi villages' where the women wear face veils almost their entire lives. Even her fiancé/groom cannot see her, but only relies on reports from immediate female kin, and memories from childhood (if he'd grown up around her). The first night he gets to see her is on their wedding night! The Cairenes, people of Alexandria, and other Egyptians would often mock the Saidis for this and other customs, and they seemed to be at the butt of almost every Egyptian joke. This article reminded me of that.

I would guess this to be a similar situation. Face veils are farrr more regular in Saudi, and Gulf countries as opposed to the Levant and other North African Arab countries. In most of Egypt, it's actually considered a prostitute's work clothes. I remember unknowingly trying out a niqab once on a run to the bakery just a block away from my house, only to have cars pull over from the road...

3 Likes

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
When you agree to go with a ridiculous culture that says you can't see your partner before marriage, then you deserve what you get. You think we that decide to date before marriage dnt know what we are doing?

1 Like

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
Unfortunately, many young people today are interested only in looks and ignore values and morals.

I really don't like this line, makes it look as if there are no 'beautiful' girls with values and morals.
It's their tradition, the dude should have been prepared for any/every naaa...

2 Likes

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by veave(f): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
Here is the Man with solution for tha

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Some cultural practices show how du*mb humans can be.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by kuderrich: 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
Thank God he divorced her immediately he would av live to regret it all his life. I don't think I will be able to cope wit som1 ugly too.
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Opusdeii(f): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Yep, face can be a game changer.
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by tobechi20(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
avoid ugly girls
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Kimoni: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
See gobe!
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by ArtanK(m): 1:01am On Nov 18, 2014
LOL what a joke of a man.

This story finished me though grin

SAUDI HUSBAND DIVORCES WIFE AFTER SHE FAILS TO REPLY TO HIS WHATSAPP TEXT MESSAGE

A Saudi husband has divorced his wife after she failed to reply to a WhatsApp text message.
The man, who got married two years ago, sent the message from his office and waited for a response from his wife. But none came.
Thinking something must be wrong, reported Emirates 24/7, he rushed home to find her watching television.
When he asked her why she did not respond, she said she was busy chatting with friends on WhatsApp and wanted to reply later. He divorced her instantly, the report added.
'I sent her messages on Whatsapp and knew she had read them because of the latest update on the application but still she didn't answer me or acknowledged my messages,' he was quoted as saying by the Gulf News.
The husband, in his 30s, said he was frustrated by his wife's seemingly endless interest in using her phone for chatting with friends and family.

1 Like

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 18, 2014
'Beauty is in the character not the face'. Yet, she was fooled into marriage by false character alone. Anyway, poor lady will recover undecided
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 18, 2014
ArtanK:
LOL what a joke of a man.

This story finished me though grin

Ohhh snap! shocked

Looks like that WhatsApp update is causing some real problems grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 18, 2014
Thank God for being a Nigerian. Hmmm... a southern Nigerian.
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by ArtanK(m): 3:37am On Nov 18, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Ohhh snap! shocked

Looks like that WhatsApp update is causing some real problems grin

Who knew those blue ticks would cause a divorce loool
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Mrval20(m): 3:55am On Nov 18, 2014
"But when the bride removed her veil and smiled for the camera, her new husband leapt to his feet in disgust"-This line is already making my morning awesomesmiley
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by knightsTempler: 5:04am On Nov 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I tell ya.

1 Like

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 18, 2014
At least he didn't test drive her
So is she supposed to keep covering her face since this may happen again
Can the government excuse her from coverings so that men know what they are getting
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by cococandy(f): 5:55am On Nov 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:
they are born and told "you have to do this because that's what our ancestors did" and they just go along. No questions. No engaging their brains.

1 Like

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 18, 2014
cococandy:
they are born and told "you have to do this because that's what our ancestors did" and they just go along. No questions. No engaging their brains.

Not doing it may mean death,they don't have a choice
It's not as though you could cover or not,you must cover,it is a punishable law
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by cococandy(f): 6:24am On Nov 18, 2014
babyosisi:

Not doing it may mean death,they don't have a choice
It's not as though you could cover or not,you must cover,it is a punishable law
too bad
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 18, 2014
cococandy:

That's the problem. wink
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 18, 2014
cococandy:
too bad

I thank God I was born into a Christian home
It must be tough being told what to do,what to eat,how to eat it,when to pray and not to,where you can and cannot go and how to dress ,husband can just carry another wife come house and you are expected to adjust
In some places you can't even drive
They would have stoned me to death Tay Tay because I would surely say something they won't like to hear

1 Like

Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by cococandy(f): 6:34am On Nov 18, 2014
babyosisi:

They would have stoned me to death Tay Tay
lol @stoned to death. Haha

As for Christians I still see some adhering to cultural practices that don't make sense.
All in all I find most culture to be unnecessarily restrictive and not hinged on common sense.
Re: Husband Tells Bride He Wants A Divorce After Seeing Her Face For The First Time by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 18, 2014
ArtanK:

Who knew those blue ticks would cause a divorce loool

Seriously lol. I think the man you posted about is a joke of a man, and pathetic. The man above, however, was just keeping it real tongue They're victims of a stu.pid custom.

How could you not know what who you're marrying looks like? That's just unfathomable to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Advice I Love My Wife But Something Is Happening / My Neighbors Daughter Stays In My House Too Much, How Do I Make Her Go? / Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.