Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105696 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by PhockPhockMan: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
vedaxcool:

A typical example of myopia and fear mixed together!

Who threatened you to use arabic?

When was arabic declared a national language? Do you know what Ajami is?

let me use Ajmi

Like I stated, most of teh bigot laden statements in this thread is derived from Ignorance deliberately being fostered by CAN!
Please translate phockphockman to Ajami/fulani language.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by ukandi1(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
unmask:
since Latin or Hebrew is not there? Really? Why don't you add the Latin or Hebrew, then go do a Thanksgiving in church that your biggest dream has been achieved

I am sure you are one of those that was against Islamic banking (without knowing its usefulness) because it had "islamic" in it

keep believeing whatever appeals to u man. i would not respond to dis.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Please translate phockphockman to Ajami/fulani language.

It serves no useful purpose here!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Why are you all shouting secular secular, That Arabic writing doesn't have anything to do with religion. No country hate Muslims more than China, Islam/Ramadan is even banned but look at their currency. Why is they Arabic inscription on thr Chinese currency? Just like the Hausas the Uyghurs ethic minority in China preferred to use the Arabic scripts. Since you hate anything arabs so much go and remove the inscription in one of the top currency in the world that may likely overtake the dollars as the international currency. People like you are the ones celebrating Anti-gay laws when thousands of rapïst roam the streets, we are more concern pm what adults do in beds. Now why is China leagues ahead of us? Your guess is as good as mine.
http://www2m.biglobe.ne.jp/~ZenTech/money/banknote/en_p02_china.htm
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1873152_yuan50bb_jpeg2897f995c856d76bbdbedd16423adeb4

This post shatters the entire lies and hypocrisies of fanatical elements and anti-muslim extremists who despite several explanations on this thread showing that the Ajami is arabic localised into hausa basically they still kept shouting, now China currency has arabic on it what are dishonorable elements gonna say about it?

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by PLEXPLEX(m): 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
Very senseless n stupid summitions by this writer.
Rubbish talk: y wasn't the the arabic writeup not in the three major languages in Nigeria but only in hausa?
Shit talk: Is arabic our official language self? nonsense talkz
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by asala1: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Akainzo:

Not sure which Kongo Campus of ABU you are referring to, however the one in Zaria where I did my Masters definitely has a very big Catholic Church right in the middle of Kongo Campus.

What year? And there has never been a big Catholic church in Kongo campus.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
Arabic is the culture of some desert nomads, not in this modern day civilisation. Its an insult to the national currency.

its not an official language,so it should be removed.

Gone are those days when this jihadists threatened our peace.

Govt should go ahead and ban sharia,exit itself from OIC.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mrwiddy(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
those christian who removed the adami arabic ought not be blamed since they've murdered the language with which bible was originally written[hebrew],no wonder the book is full of FALSES.I'm not making bigotry here!!! -we are muslims,we are peacemakers.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mrwiddy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
fonzie2u:
Arabic is the culture of some desert nomads, not in this modern day civilisation. Its an insult to the national currency.

its not an official language,so it should be removed.

Gone are those days when this jihadists threatened our peace.

Govt should go ahead and ban sharia,exit itself from OIC.
you talked about the FG banning sharia which is used to act against crime.sharia! or no sharia! do you want to commit crime? because you seem islamophobic.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Wefiak1414(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
first of all go down low abi na english or arabic . Where una bin dey when pidgin was invented
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by shomutuski(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
dtruthis:
mumu Arabic is not hausa language they wrote those once in igbo n Yoruba language y not write it in hausa language or r u trying to tell me that an hausa person can read arabic bt cnt read hausa abi ofe mmanu
: What a Pity! I see your lack of reasoning is DIVINE. May GOD deliver your poor soul. RIP

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Cubeet: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Y should Arabic inscription be on our Naira Note? Is Nigeria an Arabic or Islamic country.?
Let it be Removed a beg
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bedfordng(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
Not a bad idea
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by yolobabe(f): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sha....as far as I'm concerened.....they should write hausa language there....and just so you know....those of you ranting that christians are this and that....are there not yoruba muslims?.......abi the yoruba muslims only understand arabic?

And.....that my bro that's insulting non-muslims calling us infidels.......I can never be a muslim....even if they threaten me with death...

AND THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOT SATISTFIED WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN THIS COUNTRY CAN PACK YOUR BAGS AND MOVE TO AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY SO YOU CAN BE FREE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT......STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR BELIEFS ON US NON MUSLIMS

So....as far as I'm concerend..nobody is tolerant..but if you don't like the way things are being run you can go to jerusalem.....or saudi arabia......whateva.......just stop trying to force your beliefs on people.......that's all.......you can quote me if you want

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Seempliehuman(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
I'm seriously wondering how many times some people here need to be told that there is NO Arabic on our naira. Only Hausa written in Ajami, an adapted form of Arabic script. It is like saying the Yoruba written on the naira is Latin beacause it is written in an adapted form of the latin script. Anyway, I'm not really concerned about the Ajami script being on the naira or not, I'm just uncomfortable with crass ignorance.

PS. Even Japan with her fierce rivalry with China writes using Chinese script(Hanja, I think), as did Korea until she developed her own script(Hangul) in the 19th century. And I'm Yoruba, do the many other Yorubas here know Yoruba was once written in Ajami by Yoruba Muslims? I even have my own home-made "script" for Yoruba!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by SpencerLewis(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Idrismusty97:
How many Nigerians read or understand Latin?
@Idris.... show me where Latin was inscribed in our currency notes? Apart from few Roman catholic priests, how many Christians can understyand Latin? Unlike in Islam, where every Moslem must read and write in Arabic, Christians all over the world adopt their local/official languages as the means to preach the gospel or write/read the bible. same with praying, unlike Muslims that must pray in Arabic no matter the country they are from.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
mrwiddy:
you talked about the FG banning sharia which is used to act against crime.sharia! or no sharia! do you want to commit crime? because you seem islamophobic.

I am very Islamophobic, iv even stopped relating with my close relatives who r muslims.

I don't believe in jungle justice or killing in the name of GOD.its all about terrorism.

Arabic should never b on our currency,its not our national symbol.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by ndcide(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
lovepoems:
[b][/b] abi o

lovepoem lovepoem I've been looking for you. one day I'll see you and catch you. smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
Signs of the end times! It is religious war that will finish us all because it begets hatred and intolerance towards friends and relations.

It is so sad that we cannot live and let live. We are not God neither are we gods to take lives that we cannot create simple because some one is of another faith from us! There are several means of worshiping God in this world and God attends to all.

Most of us profess christianity or islam because ot the family we are born into. You would be a Hindu if you were born in India! So what is our problem? Are ye Gods? Why not work on seeing how you can make paradise and allow the other run his own race as he deems fit?

Vengeance is mine says the Lord! Do not hate me because you think I do not know God, rather help me to change and if I refuse, leave me for God for you have done your best and God can attest to it.

But the word of God and the prophesies of most religions still stands and that is " The end is near" so hold fast that which thou hast, lest any man take it from you. We shall all die someday!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by drehdinho(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
erico2k2:

How does them things relate to the church?

Am sorry to say this, most people here are making sentimental arguments. We need to be objective. We are one Nigeria. And we need to discourage anything that will lead to anarchy ,destruction of life and most importantly war.
Many are of the view that most Hausas may find it difficult to identify the naira notes without the inscription of the Arabic language. This means that, the Hausas are finding it difficult to read and understand their own mother tongue. That sounds unbelievable and unreasonable. Arabic is equivalent to English language is a second language in Nigeria. I still see no reason why the Hausas will understand the second language (Arabic) more than their mother tongue.
I guess there are more to this. We just need to face reality. Our leaders have sold this Nation.
They have destroyed the posterity of Her.
And it's only God that can save this nation now.
This nation is neither christian nor muslim nation. So why do we prefer to include Arabic language on something that speaks much about us.
Infact, Nigeria has to split. Yoruba, Hausa ,Igbo should all go their separate ways...
By that time, any foolish acts on the part of any of the independent nations shall only affect her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bayulll01(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
kudoxs:
and when the separation you so much desire comes, what should be used in the selection process, religion, tribe or ethnicity?
see this guy ooo,dint u do geography in schl,we have south west,south east,south south and north,make everybody answer hin papa name
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by drehdinho(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
mrwiddy:
those christian who removed the adami arabic ought not be blamed since they've murdered the language with which bible was originally written[hebrew],no wonder the book is full of FALSES.I'm not making bigotry here!!! -we are muslims,we are peacemakers.

Peacemaker indeed. Even with this statement you have really shown whom you are.
That's exactly the point I always punch. When we have a society with many differences there's no point merging them. There's always going to be controversies. Especially when there are few ojective persons within such society.
Nigeria needs to be split. Yes!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by drehdinho(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
bayulll01:
see this guy ooo,dint u do geography in schl,we have south west,south east,south south and north,make everybody answer hin papa name

Thank you sir. The geographically Nigeria is divided.
No point in uniting people with virtually 100% differences. Infact I believe so much that all these headaches shall be drastically reduced if Nigeria is split.
Yorubas are tired of the present Nigeria insecurity.
I cherish the life of my people because I love them so much.
My yoruba people are simple and friendly. We don't live reckless life. And that's why I will want her to just stay apart and have her independence. I know that it's a dream that will soon be achieved.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bayulll01(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
drehdinho:

Thank you sir. The geographically Nigeria is divided.
No point in uniting people with virtually 100% differences. Infact I believe so much that all these headaches shall be drastically reduced if Nigeria is split.
Yorubas are tired of the present Nigeria insecurity.o
I cherish the life of my people because I love them so much.
My yoruba people are simple and friendly. We don't live reckless life. And that's why I will want her to just stay apart and have her independence. I know that it's a dream that will soon be achieved.
when nigeria divides we will allow anybody that want to be a responsible citizen to remain in the south west,but we wont allow a snitch to stay,nigeria must divide the stupid unhealthy marriage is not working
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by does3(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Can't u guys also see the illuminati sign on the note in form of square.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by grandstar(m): 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.

This madness has to stop, National assembly is built like a mosque, the presidential villa is built like a mosque....This country belongs to us all and is never a religious state. visit any ministry, parastatal or agency of the government in Abuja. the master plan of those buildings have mosques...They couldn't have the freedom to do that in Lagos, and came up with the script that the capital of Nigeria has to be at the center of Nigeria.

We just need to be security conscious cos in matter of days the news that Hausa/Islamic Inscriptions has been removed will go viral, they will tag all of us HARNI (meaning Unbeliever) and may go on rampage killing themselves not me.

I remember my uncle who was a member of MPR telling me that Soludo had good plans for the Naira but the northern hegemony wont allow him. That his problem with Yaradua began the day he raised it in their meeting that Nigeria is a secular state and so should not have any religious inscription in our currency. He said YARADUA heard of it before that meeting ended. Of course his brothers informed him. Yaradua called Soludo as the meeting was ending to ask how true.

Most people think Soludos tenure was not renewed because of the planned devaluation of the naira which presidency claims they were not carried along. but the inscription on the naira was the genesis of Soludos crisis with Yaradua. OBJs grand plan was that Soludo should remain and complete the devaluatuion plan.

In days to come expect the northern elites reaction to this removal.and may be Bokoharam taking more innocent lives in protest...Nigeria belongs to them and we are their slaves...so an average northerner thinks.

Except for those suffering from historical Amnesia, the 2015 struggle to take power by the north is never born out of the love for Nigeria. The North has not forgiven Southern Nigeria for the death of Yaradua. In their heart, in their mosques, its a subject of discuss that Jonathan is seating on their chance and must be unseated no matter what. Ineeded, Jonathan has disappointed all of us greatly but the North seeking power on the premise that it belongs to them or based on vendetta is a NO NO for me and all intellectual minds.

I dont know how we came up with Quota system, but that stuff has only served in the interest of the north. I dont know any southerner who has benefited from Quota system. We sacrificed merit at the altar of that Northern grand plan. If not tell me why Fashola should not be given APC presidential ticket to have a good election. But try that and see the viper react...It must be them or nothing.They annuled June 12, gave it to Weak Shonekan for few months and chased him out again, killed Abiola in the prison so that , his case will remain in the ash bin of history. Today, my people cry for remeberance of June 12 and they laugh from Minna and Kano.they knew what they were doing... If you are up north during the election, and Jonathan is declared winner, better run for your life. They will unleash the evil dragon, what Bokoharam is doing now is childs play compared to the plan.

bookmark this and quote me on Feb 14th.

This "masterpiece" of an article is at best subjective and not objective portrayal of the North.

Not all Northerners are parasitic and you have many progressives.

For instance, Sanusi introduced the cashless policy despite his illiterate tribesmen would be the ones to suffer most. He no send. Were a southerner to introduce such a policy, the North would have screamed the house down.

You have Bala Mohammed, Minister of the FCT. Hakeem Belo-Osagie described him as a detribalised Nigerian and he is also a very good administrator.

Today in APC, you have competent administratorS going for Presidency.

Kwankaso as passed with flying colours in Kano.

Goodluck Jonathan is a nice guy but a bad administrator. Thats why he is repeatedly called clueless.

ACN has governors who are technocrats and you can see it in the results. APC is a party of strange bed fellows whose only goal really is to wrest the presidency from the PDP. Many Northern APC governors are nothing to write home about.

Any way, I am deeply apolitical. I prefer to pray for God's kingdom to come. That's the only perfect government

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by majorfarms(m): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
Too much buzz and banter on this topic....goin back nd forth like ping-pong. The issue is that d inscription has been removed; Simple, Clear and Straight. Question shuld be, can I still buy N100 airtime wit d note? and on introduction, what becomes of the old note?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Afroconnect: 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
nagoma:

Go to school my friend. You need education.
Islam and Christianity are middle eastern religions. You may not know that Nazareth the home of Jesus and where Jesus lived, is 70% Muslim even today as we speak.
Middle east is a geographic location,am talking of the culture of the Arabs,am not arguing that there are muslims or not in Nazareth,the arguement here my friend is that the Arab muslims started off islam,and most of the Arab traditions like covering of head by women,sharia law is what Islam is using as laws today.

The middle east has always been filled with predominantly Arabs,back then there was no such thing as Islam,but women back then. In places such as Nazareth and such covered their heads-cos the Arab traditions influenced them,since the culture of the areas then is Arabic culture and ways of life,its normal they imbibe some of it.

Most Arabs then were into judaism,Judaism has lots of influence on Islam in terms of some common beliefs between the two religions.

Am not a religious bigot or zealot like you, I don't care if our currency have any bloody inscriptions or not.

We are Africans not sand men...you should wake up from your indoctrination man and know where you are from-dont be an educated zombie.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by isomadtech(m): 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
This issue of Arabic language is a script that has been written for Nigerian leaders to follow. For you to be a president, you must be a stooge to the caliphate. The only exceptions we have so far is Abacha and Goodluck. The issue of geopolitical zones was never written in our constitution but an avenue to access the work done so far and to monitor each area. Do you know anything Christianity was never mentioned in Nigeria constitution while all other apparatus of the Islamic world were mentioned and you want to convince me that there is no agenda against Christianity in Nigeria. That is just the beginning, we shall soon raise 3 million signatures all around Nigeria to stand all these injustice being perpetrated. Let them remove anything that does not reveal true Nigerianess.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by klbakare(m): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
singing ''kewu ni nwo fi wole, ile ologo, ile alayo, kewu ni nwo fi wole'' in c&s choir voice. Arabic ko,koranic ni. Thank God for nairaland,i knw they must have taken this rubbish to other social networks,where they were not told the truth...but nairaland is different.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by tecmon: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2014
maclatunji:

I laugh because such comments are not motivated by careful thought but primordial sentiments that can only get you so far before they backfire.
natural born ediot
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Emyben(m): 12:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Seempliehuman:
I'm seriously wondering how many times some people here need to be told that there is NO Arabic on our naira. Only Hausa written in Ajami, an adapted form of Arabic script. It is like saying the Yoruba written on the naira is Latin beacause it is written in an adapted form of the latin script. Anyway, I'm not really concerned about the Ajami script being on the naira or not, I'm just uncomfortable with crass ignorance.

PS. Even Japan with her fierce rivalry with China writes using Chinese script(Hanja, I think), as did Korea until she developed her own script(Hangul) in the 19th century. And I'm Yoruba, do the many other Yorubas here know Yoruba was once written in Ajami by Yoruba Muslims? I even have my own home-made "script" for Yoruba!

Hey Fellow, we already have Arabic numerals in our currency. If our brothers up north cant understand the English Script, they can look at the Figure which is clearly written in Arabic Numerals. So, lets forget all these excuses...they are balderdashes cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000 / Football Betting: Season 2 / Step By Step Procedure On How To Produce Quality Emulsion Paint By Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.