Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105693 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
abubello:
when are they going to remove the arabic numerals from the Naira?
The dumb government probably didn't know our numerals are Arabic numerals… They should have replaced it with the Roman numerals dumbos!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=asala1 post=28099460]

You are kidding right?[/quote
]

Did u see any smiley?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by CoCoLav(f): 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
^^^

[quote author=vedaxcool post=28099550][/quote]

grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
This Hausa pple really dey think say dem own Nigeria..Lmaooo grin

11 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

Comments like yours make me laugh.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL I didn't even realize the irony until you pointed it out *tears*

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
bright8:
About time jare. No ethnic group owns Nigeria more than the other.English is our official language. If you no sabi am, leave am!

Are you sure the language you're currently using is English?

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by coolvitus(m): 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
Very good
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Dereformer(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

I respectfully disagree with you sir.

Arabic is not our language so is English but our official language is English. Just like Niger, their official language is French.

Now how many people can read Arabic ? Lets be honest with ourselves, the only Arabic likes of us can recognise are the ones written in the Quran not taking it to the extent of writing it on our money.

In Nigeria, we need to take different groups along, the Christians are not comfortable with the Arabic inscription on the Note. Why not just remove it and write in Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo and English. This why we can convert more Christians to Muslims just as Prophet Mohammed said (S.A.W)

This is why i have kept saying the North and south have nothing and will never have anything in common.

let us go our separate ways. This union is not working.

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

Is there any Latin words in our notes?

So you don't know you're using the Latin alphabet to write English, Yoruba, and Igbo?

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are you sure the language you're currently using is English?
Are you this dumb? Or you're trying hard to be?

bright8:
About time jare. No ethnic group owns Nigeria more than the other.English is our official language. If you no sabi am, leave am!
good. I wonder what all the hue and cry is for.

11 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:
Good move

Btw English is not the Christian Language but Nigeria official language. Hebrew is the language.
true

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by tempex88(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

I respectfully disagree with you sir.

Arabic is not our language so is English but our official language is English. Just like Niger, their official language is French.

Now how many people can read Arabic ? Lets be honest with ourselves, the only Arabic likes of us can recognise are the ones written in the Quran not taking it to the extent of writing it on our money.

In Nigeria, we need to take different groups along, the Christians are not comfortable with the Arabic inscription on the Note. Why not just remove it and write in Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo and English. This why we can convert more Christians to Muslims just as Prophet Mohammed said (S.A.W)

Intelligent contribution.when it was introduced on polymer notes, it was removed and a muslim was CBN gov then.it has absolutely nothing to do with religion

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by millionboi(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
abubello:
when are they going to remove the arabic numerals from the Naira?

Very good question. Arabic numerals on currency are a blatant and insidious attempt to Islamicize the country. Roman numerals only!

#sarcasm.

Disclaimer: Una better look up the word sarcasm before you quote me with nonsense. I'm familiar with Nairaland by now.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
It is well.
Mean while vote the Man

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by paulshakur: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Okay
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

So you don't know you're using the Latin alphabet to write English, Yoruba, and Igbo?

My question is "Is there any LATIN WORD on our notes"

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Nobleval:
Are you this dumb? Or you're trying hard to be?

Shut up, móron. If you don't understand, that's an indictment on YOUR low intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.

english is ourofficial language and not arabic.Do you want us to also write inscriptions in hebrew,roman and the various nigerian languages to satisfy everbody?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

My question is "Is there any LATIN WORD on our notes"

Oh, you mean like;
Are there any ARABIC WORDS on the currency? Or is it Hausa, written in Arabic SCRIPT?

Like English is written in the Latin alphabet.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Very good question. Arabic numerals on currency are a blatant and insidious attempt to Islamicize the country. Roman numerals only!

#sarcasm.

Disclaimer: Una better look up the word sarcasm before you quote me with nonsense. I'm familiar with Nairaland by now.
miss meiya. Is sarcasm a kind of cracker?
[color=][/color] grin
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by duni04(m): 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

#sarcasm.

INSIDIOUS, very nice word MISS.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by asala1: 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=vedaxcool post=28099550][/quote]

I am sure you are. I grew up in the northern part of Nigeria, in 1992 my best friend's dad was slaughter in their presence, their mum was beaten until they thought she was dead. All because they were Christians. They were the only Christians living in a block of 8 flats, their flat was at the extreme end, they came to only their flat and kill his dad in their presence. In ABU Zaria (Kongo campus), a catholic church that has been there for more that 30 years was to be rebuilt, the management of the school refused and instead pull it down to plant flowers. Not to mention countless number of churches that has been burnt in the north and even those on campus. Can you count how many Christians that has been attacked for no reason other than they are Christians? You must be kidding bro.

35 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
duni04:

INSIDIOUS, very nice word MISS.

kiss
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Emyben(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
Wow. Ajami or Arabic whatever! Please the Nigerian Government shouldnt allow this language go extinct.It should be stored in our National Library ARCHIVE. But NOT IN OUR CURRENCY NOTES. I repeat! Not in our Currency Note. If English is our national Language, every other ethnic language should be written in the mode it ought to be. Naira Mewaa we know, Naira Iri we know, Naira Goma we know but Ajami or whatever they call it which is clearly arabic we dont!

19 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
iyabodeh:
miss meiya. Is sarcasm a kind of cracker? [color=][/color] grin

Lol stahhhp

I've seriously had to define the word sarcasm to someone before, and he still didn't believe me. -_-

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Myopic people indeed, well stated, what is wrong accommodating other people? How has removing this change your life? Jonathan is playing politics with myopic Christians who would feel they have won some sort of victory, while him and his cronies continue ruing the economy implicitly or explicitly. When people think illiterates are the only one manipulable by religion we fail to the see the fact that myopic literates fare no better!

how has leaving the writing change your own life?

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Lol stahhhp

I've seriously had to define the word sarcasm to someone before, and he still didn't believe me. -_-
grin grin

A flower?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Hamazz1: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
the topic shld hv been ARABIC writing removed frm new naira notes.theirs notin islamic abt dt writin so stp dragging ISLAM in2 a controversy..

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
iyabodeh:
grin grin

A flower?

Naughty girl. grin
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Tohat(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
their is notting I comment on these than disunity, let them add the ibru language instead of creating quarrel

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 1shortblackboy: 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

Comments like yours make me laugh.
sharrap punk !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000 / Football Betting: Season 2 / Step By Step Procedure On How To Produce Quality Emulsion Paint By Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.