Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105694 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Trailblazer1(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Regardless of the bigot laden statements so far on the thread, this remains the main reason why Ajami was used on the naira note, CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.

Yes you are correct Bro!!! CAN is killing all our Muslim brothers in the north. They even sent shekau to declare a Christian Caliphat in the north.

You don't know your sickness, that means you will never find a cure.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by blym4real: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
It a welcome development and we need more of this.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
@bolded that is the point! Just because they aren't comfortable with the Arabic inscription doesn't means it should be removed. In the same currency all the other languages are written signifying the worth of the naira e.g Nàírà Méwàà, Naira Iri and Naira Goma. Notice both the Yorubas and Igbos write in Latin alphabet. If the Hausas preferred to write their language in Arabic alphabet why stop them?

Well you have a point there.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

So you will agree with me that those people are bilingual.

If so then French should be added to the Note since some of us have members that speak only yoruba and french.

Also Hebrew and Italian

That is their problem, you won't see muslims demanding the rights of others be declined, they should put french, it is widely spoken language in West Africa! Anything else, tolerance is key, people should stop making their priority to fight Muslims, when the real issue of bad governance is there!

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Yes you are correct Bro!!! CAN is killing all our Muslim brothers in the north. They even sent shekau to declare a Christian Caliphat in the north.

You don't know your sickness, that means you will never find a cure.

Sorry man, get an appropriate news to follow!

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by drnoel: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:
Good move

Btw English is not the Christian Language but Nigeria official language. Hebrew is the language.

Do u mind this originator of this post? People luv reading their own meaning into everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

That is their problem, you won't see muslims demanding the rights of others be declined, they should put french, it is widely spoken language in West Africa! Anything else,tolerance is key, people should stop making their priority to fight Muslims, when the real issue of bad governance is there!

You also have a point but tolerance can go both ways

11 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
drnoel:

Do u mind this originator of this post? People luv reading their own meaning into everything.

I don't mind
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
How many Nigerians read or understand Latin?

Is there any Latin words in our notes?

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

Anybody who can read that Ajami can as well read this N100.

Quite wrong!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Quite wrong!

LOL how is that wrong ?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
tit:

When are the "Hausa" states going to write their state laws in Arabic?
Is your state laws written in Latin? This government is dividing Nigerians along Ethnic lines. Since it has gotten to this point all Latin alphabets should also be scrapped out of our naira. English is our official language after all.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

I laugh because such comments are not motivated by careful thought but primordial sentiments that can only get you so far before they backfire.

Good comment.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

Is there any Latin words in our notes?
Yep. Check the back of all naira notes. The Igbo and Yoruba language are written in Latin.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

You also have a point but tolerance can go both ways

Yes, muslims don't make their religious duty to think of ways of discomforting christians!

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
when are they going to remove the arabic numerals from the Naira?

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Quite wrong!

Which one is easier?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Regardless of the bigot laden statements so far on the thread, this remains the main reason why Ajami was used on the naira note, CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.
@vedaxcool .. correct guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mcfarlin(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

Comments like yours make me laugh.

If I may ask what exactly is funny about the comment?.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

Which one is easier?

Most Hausa would probably learn Ajami before english, most no english at all!

Leaving the Ajami on the naira would preserve the writing system from extinction!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Yes, muslims don't make their religious duty to think of ways of discomforting christians!

I mean tolerance goes both ways in the sense that if they want a removal of the inscription to be comfortable then WE should tolerate that change wink.

11 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Yep. Check the back of all naira notes. The Igbo and Yoruba language are written in Latin.

Which note exactly? Or is igbo language now a latin word to u?

22 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Imagine how the naira will look like if all Nigerian languages are used on it. Na drawing board.

However, the 3 main language we have in Nigeria is : Igbo, Hausa and yoruba including the adopted one which is the official language English and everyone in Nigeria understands at least one of this languages. The Arabic inscription on our naira is uncalled for because there is no ethnic group in Nigeria that their language is arabic.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

I mean tolerance goes both ways in the sense that if they want a removal of the inscription to be comfortable then WE should tolerate that change wink.

You need a class on tolerance!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Leaving the Ajami on the naira would preserve the writing system from extinction!

That's ok 4 now
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

You need a class on tolerance!

LOOL grin grin grin please teach me on what tolerance is. If I recall, tolerance is all about compromise.

11 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

Which note exactly? Or is igbo language now a latin word to u?
The Igbo language is written with Latin alphabet don't you get it? That inscription that was removed isn't Islamic or the Arabic language. It is the Hausa language written in Arabic alphabet. An Arab man will not even understand what is written there unless he also understand Hausa. I think i am explicit enough for you to understand.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
The Igbo language is written with Latin alphabet don't you get it? That inscription that was removed isn't Islamic or the Arabic language. It is the Hausa language written in Arabic alphabet. An Arab man will not even understand what is written there unless he also understand Hausa. I think i am explicit enough for you to understand.

How do u expect me to understand u?
How is naira iri abuo or ogun naira a latin word?

36 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by vedaxcool(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

LOOL grin grin grin please teach me on what tolerance is. If I recall, tolerance is all about compromise.

grin grin reading posts you made on other thread clearly shows the sort of man you are! undecided

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Gudiza(m): 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Ajami would be better preserved in the history books of the National library. It has outlived its usefulness. Now, almost everyone readily identifies with hausa in the 'official' latin/roman/english alphabet i.e. naira goma

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by maclatunji: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
ziky2010:
Religion bigot.Arabic ko kewu ni.outright nonsense

#Hahahahhaha. You can tell a lot about an individual from their writing.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by asala1: 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

You are kidding right?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000 / Football Betting: Season 2 / Step By Step Procedure On How To Produce Quality Emulsion Paint By Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.