Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Do Females Hate Video Games? (32514 Views)

Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) / The Top Ten Video Games For 2005-2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Abraham2013(m): 10:17am On Nov 20, 2014
csquared085:
I know guys that hate video games as well.I think it's a matter of priority and the amount of time they have.Personally,I love gaming and football a lot but I won't want to date or marry a woman who's into video gaming or football as much as I do.It would totally put me off,to be honest.Women have their own obsessions like magazines,clothes,shoes,bags,gisting and make up so it's all good.Our brains are wired differently.
"I know guys that hate video games as well" bros check those guys well, dey may be an undercover gay or future/potential gays.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2014
I love games a lot and I love girls that play them... Its soo sweet to watch them play.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 10:52am On Nov 20, 2014
Abraham2013:

"I know guys that hate video games as well" bros check those guys well, dey may be an undercover gay or future/potential gays.
cheesy
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2014
Zohan:
I love games a lot and I love girls that play them... Its soo sweet to watch them play.
I pray the woman I get to marry appreciates playing game cause it would be so so great for us to play Co-op missions together. At least during weekends. Is that too much to ask for? cheesy
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cao(f): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2014
cupidhero:

one of these days me and you might actually dig it out on COD or battlefield. which particular game do you usually play when you go online?

I only just started playing FPS again recently, not a big online player, the last multiplayer I played was Uncharted 2.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cpsw111(f): 11:06am On Nov 20, 2014
Okay, then let me ask you. Why do males hate playing with dressing up and shopping? It's the same thing lol.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2014
dmcdad:

I pray the woman I get to marry appreciates playing game cause it would be so so great for us to play Co-op missions together. At least during weekends. Is that too much to ask for? cheesy
Nah it isnt
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
joywendy:
really before you come and start talking here pls speak for yourself don't come here claiming like you know the mind of most or all girls.

like you conducted a research or something undecided

Everyone has their priorities, what they love doing and what they don't really care about.

There are some guys who hate video games as well even sports.

now a guy came here saying girls who play video games are tomboys or were tomboys.

guys who say they don't like sports or football will be termed girly

lets learn to accept people for what they are and stop all this nonsense stereotypes.

*deleted*
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Attention seeking females on here claiming they're into video games just for likes. Why not quote this comment with a steam, gamer tag or PSN ID? angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
cpsw111:
Okay, then let me ask you. Why do males hate playing with dressing up and shopping? It's the same thing lol.

Because its gay
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
@joywendy: I love ur comment jare...
Me am a game freak/addict sef but if I don't tell u, u won't know.
I play all sorts ranging from sports (PES n co) to adventure n mission.
Little or no love for board n card games tho..

Girls love games...majority (Nigerians) won't just want to pick interest cuz dey see it
as guys stuffs....but datz none of my biznes...
Me Lurv Games..".........."..........."

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:
Attention seeking females on here claiming they're into video games just for likes. Why not quote this comment with a steam, gamer tag or PSN ID? angry angry angry

Stay dia and be waiting for PSN ID...
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cpsw111(f): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:

Because its gay

I find video games super boring, your just staring at the screen lol
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by iccydope(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
FLAWLES:
Eeehnnnn.....iffa hear am......not fr me ooooo.i play soccer,´both on a vedio ad real football soc.my best is GOD HAND
:DGod hand I played that game on ps2,was it ps2?
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
cpsw111:

And you don't find Nollywood movies and music videos boring abi? Mtcheew!
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cpsw111(f): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
KazukiIto:

And you don't find Nollywood movies and music videos boring abi? Mtcheew!

My brother plays league of legends, I try to understand what he's playing but all I see are creatures running here and there on the screen haha, video games aren't my thing.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cao(f): 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:

As usual a girl says she can play, a guy asks for proof. A guy says he can play, it's taken at face value & no proof is needed. Now, from your PSN profile, http://psnprofiles.com/Qoigord I would say you're a newbie to Playstation gaming, and you're a recent owner of the PS4, who's also a completionist. Who spends a lot of time playing FIFA 14 & FIFA 15. I'll commend you for the platinum in Watch Dogs. But, you've only owned 6 games and played 4...(technically you own 5, since I'm guessing the playroom is like the weird thing on PS Vita); and I kinda want to shout at you for abandoning The Last of Us Remastered since September, but I'll let it slide, 'cause life can be hectic. Although, since you're a guy & you don't succcumb to feminine flippancy*, I will not.

*Hey, you've decided that a guy being into shopping makes him gay and some of your fellow guys have said down right stupid things, so I'm guessing all bets are off. I might as well conform to the stereotype.

Maybe, you're an ace with steam and Xbox LIVE, but since I don't play PC games/downloads and I haven't touched my 360 in years, I shall judge you solely on your PSN...Unfair? Yes, but I'll do that anyway, it's my prerogative, remember I'm conforming to my stereotype.

Looking through your PSN, why haven't you played a single FPS? Aren't you a guy, aren't you supposed to want to enjoy killing random folks with a gun, shouldn't it evoke the alpha manliness that is you? Aren't you supposed to be a hunter, provider and manly man? Where's God of War? Is the utter magnificence of the gore and chaos too much for you? Now you could say that it's not available on the PS4, but you should have owned a PS3 previously, you're a true fanboy gamer! Dude?! C'mon son! You call yourself a gamer? Aggressively playing footie on your Playstation doesn't make you a baller, it just means you've got enough time on your hands to get almost every single trophy. Maybe, after you've populated your profile with at least 30 games, then you might be considered a gamer.

Annoying isn't it? When someone decides they're the paragon of gaming knowledge & everyone else isn't...Don't worry, I'll quietly seat in the corner and continue to feign ignorance, before I decide to actually annoy those guys who believe they know every single Nigerian girl and woman on a mental level.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
amguud:
@joywendy: I love ur comment jare...
Me am a game freak/addict sef but if I don't tell u, u won't know.
I play all sorts ranging from sports (PES n co) to adventure n mission.
Little or no love for board n card games tho..

Girls love games...majority (Nigerians) won't just want to pick interest cuz dey see it
as guys stuffs....but datz none of my biznes...
Me Lurv Games..".........."..........."
Correct girl!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
cpsw111:

Staring at the screen? Like when you watching Kim K? Nah nah nah... Try again.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
cao:

As usual a girl says she can play, a guy asks for proof. A guy says he can play, it's taken at face value & no proof is needed. Now, from your PSN profile, http://psnprofiles.com/Qoigord I would say you're a newbie to Playstation gaming, and you're a recent owner of the PS4, who's also a completionist. Who spends a lot of time playing FIFA 14 & FIFA 15. I'll commend you for the platinum in Watch Dogs. But, you've only owned 6 games and played 4...(technically you own 5, since I'm guessing the playroom is like the weird thing on PS Vita); and I kinda want to shout at you for abandoning The Last of Us Remastered since September, but I'll let it slide, 'cause life can be hectic. Although, since you're a guy & you don't succcumb to feminine flippancy*, I will not.

*Hey, you've decided that a guy being into shopping makes him gay and some of your fellow guys have said down right stupid things, so I'm guessing all bets are off. I might as well conform to the stereotype.

Maybe, you're an ace with steam and Xbox LIVE, but since I don't play PC games/downloads and I haven't touched my 360 in years, I shall judge you solely on your PSN...Unfair? Yes, but I'll do that anyway, it's my prerogative, remember I'm conforming to my stereotype.

Looking through your PSN, why haven't you played a single FPS? Aren't you a guy, aren't you supposed to want to enjoy killing random folks with a gun, shouldn't it evoke the alpha manliness that is you? Aren't you supposed to be a hunter, provider and manly man? Where's God of War? Is the utter magnificence of the gore and chaos too much for you? Now you could say that it's not available on the PS4, but you should have owned a PS3 previously, you're a true fanboy gamer! Dude?! C'mon son! You call yourself a gamer? Aggressively playing footie on your Playstation doesn't make you a baller, it just means you've got enough time on your hands to get almost every single trophy. Maybe, after you've populated your profile with at least 30 games, then you might be considered a gamer.

Annoying isn't it? When someone decides they're the paragon of gaming knowledge & everyone else isn't...Don't worry, I'll quietly seat in the corner and continue to feign ignorance, before I decide to actually annoy those guys who believe they know every single Nigerian girl and woman on a mental level.
I comot cap for you. This one pass Hara-Kiri. i guess that guy is a noob then. Playing just around 5 games? sad Imagine missing FPS games like CODs. Not to mention MMOs. Dang! That guy dey miss abeg...
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Vicotex(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
bigiyaro:
guy u dey make me laf. U no be gamer atall, thats y u can't understand how someone cn finish GOW on god mode. OK jst follow this instructions. Go to IGN.COM, register n become a premium member, this will give u access to insider tips, cheats and tricks. Read walk throughs b4 starting games, berserker walk throughs r particularly superb (download the pdf format) fine tune ursef to handle frustrations and being a hard core gamer, u can finish any game on any mode. Last tip, start your games on hard mode.
all the games wey i don end and cheats wey i don dey do since i dey play games i never consult ign na now wey we dey advance go 8th generation of gaming i go come dey seek their assistance?
Tbh tellin me a gal ended GoW-GOD MODE is an unforgiveable lie
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by FLAWLES(f): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
iccydope:
:DGod hand I played that game on ps2,was it ps2?
.ya
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by bigiyaro(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
Vicotex:
all the games wey i don end and cheats wey i don dey do since i dey play games i never consult ign na now wey we dey advance go 8th generation of gaming i go come dey seek their assistance?
Tbh tellin me a gal ended GoW-GOD MODE is an unforgiveable lie
sorry o, no vex, nobi only u be lazy gamer.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by fedimol: 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
bigiyaro:
My babe plays video games like mad. She has actually finished my GOW3 on god mode. half way through gtaiv

Wife her
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by 1one: 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
1stola:

Her refusal will not allow you.

I effortlessly ooze charm, I don't know of any girl who would refuse that, particularly because the charm is substantiated by many other essentials.

My previous post reflects the qualities I desire in a would-be wife, ofcourse if these are my desires, what kind of a man would I be If I don't have such traits already.

As the good book says.. "Deep calleth unto Deep"

And If/since I have such traits already there would only be a 0.00000005 percent of women that would turn down my proposal.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
cao:

Babe that was huge! But sincerely, I don't consider console owners (male or female) as gamer - PC RULES!!! Nice dig-up anyway, I R-E-S-P-E-C-T that!
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by 1stola: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
1one:

I effortlessly ooze charm, I don't know of any girl who would refuse that, particularly because the charm is substantiated by many other essentials.

My previous post reflects the qualities I desire in a would-be wife, ofcourse if these are my desires, what kind of a man would I be If I don't have such traits already.

As the good book says.. "Deep calleth unto Deep"

And If/since I have such traits already there would only be a 0.00000005 percent of women that would turn down my proposal.
oboy!
your grammer too much!
u smoke weed?
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
cao:

So let me clear the air.

The reason why I've only played few games on my PSN profile are as follows
1. I recently created this account because I wanted it to be a US based account. My former PSN account was a Uk based account but I later found things on the Uk PSN site way expensive compared to the US PSN because of VAT.
2. I cannot get access to many games right now even though I wanna get games like COD AW and GTA V because I'm currently doing my NYSC in a remote area. I was lucky to get my FIFA 15 on launch, ordered for a few mates only for them to get it just last month. See?
3. There's only few games on next-gen consoles that are worth playing right now and I'm sure you can agree with me on this. Lot's of the PS4 games that make sense are just remakes and nothing more. I can bet you that listing 10 solid non-remakes on next-gen will be a task for you.
4. Back to playing only FIFA, I only play that when I'm online because that's what my horrid internet speed can take atm. Imagine serving in a village, using your phone as a hotspot to create a network for gaming with the terrible carriers in this country. This is what I face.
5. Glad your on my friend list on PSN. Just watch how many other games I get once I'm done with my service in February. You'll be amazed at my range and choice of gaming.
6. I'm a completionist. Kind of because I love ending what I start no matter how long it takes me. I love a good challenge this is why I'm still playing FIFA even though I hate this game with all my life. I play this often because I can't get access to other games right now.
7. As for playing dress up and going shopping, I've played some dress up games in the past out of curiosity and trust me it made no sense for a guy to do so except if he wants to be a fashion designer. Shopping? Aha?! That's a tedious task for most males. They would rather give someone money to buy them stuff or do that online.

I hope I've cleared your doubts with the points I've raised.

Peace ✌

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
KazukiIto:

Babe that was huge! [B]But sincerely, I don't consider console owners (male or female) as gamer - PC [/b]RULES!!! Nice dig-up anyway, I R-E-S-P-E-C-T that!

Keep on living in denial saying this because a console will always be a better gaming platform than PC. I've played across all platforms and I can say PC is the worst of them all and I'll tell you why.
1. PC is always down the pecking order once games are released due to less customer base on that platform. The number of PC gamers are indefinite because you can't tell the number of PCs bought by PC gamers.
2. Finding people to play with online will always be a challenge because only few people play PC games compared to console. Finding players on console is way easier than doing so on PC
3. Immersion on a console trumps everything a PC can offer. The accessories released by console manufacturers are way superior to that of PC.
4. A solid PC gaming rig costs about at least $3000 to build and I'm pretty sure you game on your laptop (with only few worthy games) so that's ruled out. A PC gamer has to upgrade and tweak his/her system toeet the minimum requirements of the game to be played. A console costs just about $400 with a controller.
5. Consoles are more portable, easier to setup and configure unlike PC plus it's also easier to maintain.
6. The only games worth playing on PCs are FPS because that's the most immersive genre on PC. Any other game won't be as fun as playing on a console.

Good luck having fun on your "PC" because I know "real" gamers who own a gaming PC also have a console on the side.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
dmcdad:

I comot cap for you. This one pass Hara-Kiri. i guess that guy is a noob then. Playing just around 5 games? sad Imagine missing FPS games like CODs. Not to mention MMOs. Dang! That guy dey miss abeg...

You call me a noob because I've played just few games on next-gen? You don't know me so don't call me a noob. This is a new PSN account I created for US based PSN that explains part of the reasons I've played a few. Read my reply to the lady and you'll understand better

PS: I love FPS
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:

You call me a noob because I've played just few games on next-gen? You don't know me so don't call me a noob. This is a new PSN account I created for US based PSN that explains part of the reasons I've played a few. Read my reply to the lady and you'll understand better

PS: I love FPS
My bad... Ouch. Sorry.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by adewaleh(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Amazing photos of a girl among those playing fifa15 with Eden Hazard .

http://www.chelseafc.com/content/cfc/en/video/VOD/2014/11/20/141120_feat_fifa15hazard.autoplay.popup.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Game?! / Who Can Solve This Million Naira Question? (Pictures) / Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.