Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? - Gaming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Do Females Hate Video Games? (32523 Views)

Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) / The Top Ten Video Games For 2005-2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by 1one: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
1stola:

oboy!
your grammer too much!
u smoke weed?

Maybe undecided
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dmcdad: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:

So let me clear the air.

The reason why I've only played few games on my PSN profile are as follows
1. I recently created this account because I wanted it to be a US based account. My former PSN account was a Uk based account but I later found things on the Uk PSN site way expensive compared to the US PSN because of VAT.
2. I cannot get access to many games right now even though I wanna get games like COD AW and GTA V because I'm currently doing my NYSC in a remote area. I was lucky to get my FIFA 15 on launch, ordered for a few mates only for them to get it just last month. See?
3. There's only few games on next-gen consoles that are worth playing right now and I'm sure you can agree with me on this. Lot's of the PS4 games that make sense are just remakes and nothing more. I can bet you that listing 10 solid non-remakes on next-gen will be a task for you.
4. Back to playing only FIFA, I only play that when I'm online because that's what my horrid internet speed can take atm. Imagine serving in a village, using your phone as a hotspot to create a network for gaming with the terrible carriers in this country. This is what I face.
5. Glad your on my friend list on PSN. Just watch how many other games I get once I'm done with my service in February. You'll be amazed at my range and choice of gaming.
6. I'm a completionist. Kind of because I love ending what I start no matter how long it takes me. I love a good challenge this is why I'm still playing FIFA even though I hate this game with all my life. I play this often because I can't get access to other games right now.
7. As for playing dress up and going shopping, I've played some dress up games in the past out of curiosity and trust me it made no sense for a guy to do so except if he wants to be a fashion designer. Shopping? Aha?! That's a tedious task for most males. They would rather give someone money to buy them stuff or do that online.

I hope I've cleared your doubts with the points I've raised.

Peace ✌
Accepted! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
I don't.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:

Keep on living in denial saying this because a console will always be a better gaming platform than PC. I've played across all platforms and I can say PC is the worst of them all and I'll tell you why.
1. PC is always down the pecking order once games are released due to less customer base on that platform. The number of PC gamers are indefinite because you can't tell the number of PCs bought by PC gamers.
2. Finding people to play with online will always be a challenge because only few people play PC games compared to console. Finding players on console is way easier than doing so on PC
3. Immersion on a console trumps everything a PC can offer. The accessories released by console manufacturers are way superior to that of PC.
4. A solid PC gaming rig costs about at least $3000 to build and I'm pretty sure you game on your laptop (with only few worthy games) so that's ruled out. A PC gamer has to upgrade and tweak his/her system toeet the minimum requirements of the game to be played. A console costs just about $400 with a controller.
5. Consoles are more portable, easier to setup and configure unlike PC plus it's also easier to maintain.
6. The only games worth playing on PCs are FPS because that's the most immersive genre on PC. Any other game won't be as fun as playing on a console.

Good luck having fun on your "PC" because I know "real" gamers who own a gaming PC also have a console on the side.

7. It's a platform for the elite gamers - not for bubble gum players.
8. Pushes the technological edge of video game development
9. Has wonderful communities (especially modding) compared to console.
10. Too cool for most pple (u included) to handle!
Peace...
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
KazukiIto:

7. It's a platform for the elite gamers - not for bubble gum players.
8. Pushes the technological edge of video game development
9. Has wonderful communities (especially modding) compared to console.
10. Too cool for most pple (u included) to handle!
Peace...

The only thing I miss back from gaming on PC is the ability to MOD my games. Trust me, I love patches and MODS even more than the game itself but that's the only edge PC has over console.

"Too cool?" Are you having a laugh?
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Qoigord:

The only thing I miss back from gaming on PC is the ability to MOD my games. Trust me, I love patches and MODS even more than the game itself but that's the only edge PC has over console.

"Too cool?" Are you having a laugh?

PC is way more cool than consoles (and you should know that) technically speaking. Graphics? Can't compare; and all other things my cranky phone won't permit me to type... But the developers know there is blood money to be made on console - I mean, u guys will pay for anything.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
KazukiIto:

PC is way more cool than consoles (and you should know that) technically speaking. Graphics? Can't compare; and all other things my cranky phone won't permit me to type... But the developers know there is blood money to be made on console - I mean, u guys will pay for anything.

I will pick a fun immersive gameplay over the best graphics and shit gameplay anytime, any day
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by dimdim001(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
cao:

As usual a girl says she can play, a guy asks for proof. A guy says he can play, it's taken at face value & no proof is needed. Now, from your PSN profile, http://psnprofiles.com/Qoigord I would say you're a newbie to Playstation gaming, and you're a recent owner of the PS4, who's also a completionist. Who spends a lot of time playing FIFA 14 & FIFA 15. I'll commend you for the platinum in Watch Dogs. But, you've only owned 6 games and played 4...(technically you own 5, since I'm guessing the playroom is like the weird thing on PS Vita); and I kinda want to shout at you for abandoning The Last of Us Remastered since September, but I'll let it slide, 'cause life can be hectic. Although, since you're a guy & you don't succcumb to feminine flippancy*, I will not.

*Hey, you've decided that a guy being into shopping makes him gay and some of your fellow guys have said down right stupid things, so I'm guessing all bets are off. I might as well conform to the stereotype.

Maybe, you're an ace with steam and Xbox LIVE, but since I don't play PC games/downloads and I haven't touched my 360 in years, I shall judge you solely on your PSN...Unfair? Yes, but I'll do that anyway, it's my prerogative, remember I'm conforming to my stereotype.

Looking through your PSN, why haven't you played a single FPS? Aren't you a guy, aren't you supposed to want to enjoy killing random folks with a gun, shouldn't it evoke the alpha manliness that is you? Aren't you supposed to be a hunter, provider and manly man? Where's God of War? Is the utter magnificence of the gore and chaos too much for you? Now you could say that it's not available on the PS4, but you should have owned a PS3 previously, you're a true fanboy gamer! Dude?! C'mon son! You call yourself a gamer? Aggressively playing footie on your Playstation doesn't make you a baller, it just means you've got enough time on your hands to get almost every single trophy. Maybe, after you've populated your profile with at least 30 games, then you might be considered a gamer.

Annoying isn't it? When someone decides they're the paragon of gaming knowledge & everyone else isn't...Don't worry, I'll quietly seat in the corner and continue to feign ignorance, before I decide to actually annoy those guys who believe they know every single Nigerian girl and woman on a mental level.

Hmm! All dese for 1 person

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
dmcdad:

Correct girl!

cool
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:02am On Nov 21, 2014
OP, your question has been answered. Ladies just don't like video games.
Men just don't like shoe & bag.

[size=18pt]Shoe & Bag[/size]
[size=20pt]sHoe and Bag[/size]
[size=36pt]SHOE & BAG[/size]
[size=28pt]shoe/bag[/size]
[size=40pt]bag and shoe[/size]
[size=16pt]shoes and bags[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Revolva(m): 1:34am On Nov 21, 2014
ANY LADY DAT HATES VIDEO GAMES SHOULD BE SMACKED
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Rukitop(f): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2014
Merlissa:

Duh!! That is a MOBILE game..

I play street fighter, mortal combat. Assassin's creed, god of war, GTA etc
thumbs up my person... NFSMW, GTA San Andreas and so On. I love video games daku

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Proffdada: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2014
peter4d2:
All I know is dat it almost broke a relationship of 1 of my roomie cos we place bet during play wch requires utmost concentratn bin girly, d dude waz playing as @ d time she jess walk pass us 2 block d tv..... U shuld knw d rest of d story
lolz world war 3
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Proffdada: 10:38am On Nov 21, 2014
cpsw111:
Okay, then let me ask you. Why do males hate playing with dressing up and shopping? It's the same thing lol.

that's what we do in video games : we dress our characters with finest gears and shop for ammo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Proffdada: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2014
cao:

As usual a girl says she can play, a guy asks for proof. A guy says he can play, it's taken at face value & no proof is needed. Now, from your PSN profile, http://psnprofiles.com/Qoigord I would say you're a newbie to Playstation gaming, and you're a recent owner of the PS4, who's also a completionist. Who spends a lot of time playing FIFA 14 & FIFA 15. I'll commend you for the platinum in Watch Dogs. But, you've only owned 6 games and played 4...(technically you own 5, since I'm guessing the playroom is like the weird thing on PS Vita); and I kinda want to shout at you for abandoning The Last of Us Remastered since September, but I'll let it slide, 'cause life can be hectic. Although, since you're a guy & you don't succcumb to feminine flippancy*, I will not.

*Hey, you've decided that a guy being into shopping makes him gay and some of your fellow guys have said down right stupid things, so I'm guessing all bets are off. I might as well conform to the stereotype.

Maybe, you're an ace with steam and Xbox LIVE, but since I don't play PC games/downloads and I haven't touched my 360 in years, I shall judge you solely on your PSN...Unfair? Yes, but I'll do that anyway, it's my prerogative, remember I'm conforming to my stereotype.

Looking through your PSN, why haven't you played a single FPS? Aren't you a guy, aren't you supposed to want to enjoy killing random folks with a gun, shouldn't it evoke the alpha manliness that is you? Aren't you supposed to be a hunter, provider and manly man? Where's God of War? Is the utter magnificence of the gore and chaos too much for you? Now you could say that it's not available on the PS4, but you should have owned a PS3 previously, you're a true fanboy gamer! Dude?! C'mon son! You call yourself a gamer? Aggressively playing footie on your Playstation doesn't make you a baller, it just means you've got enough time on your hands to get almost every single trophy. Maybe, after you've populated your profile with at least 30 games, then you might be considered a gamer.

Annoying isn't it? When someone decides they're the paragon of gaming knowledge & everyone else isn't...Don't worry, I'll quietly seat in the corner and continue to feign ignorance, before I decide to actually annoy those guys who believe they know every single Nigerian girl and woman on a mental level.
phew!! that guy has been trolled
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by killzone(m): 4:38am On Nov 22, 2014
Some girls consider it childish in playing video games I don't knw what's childish there when some people are even being paid to play video games
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by wizhaywhy(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2014
cao:
I'll just quietly seat here and feign ignorance...
game freak
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by wizhaywhy(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2014
mtchew. games? ladies? they r not wired to do so. but a tomboy is definitely into game I knw one she can play the shit out games

it all boils down to personality.

ose
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 22, 2014
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]Girls love chatting more than anything else.Its all in their nature.But I haven't seen any girl who really plays...Love to meet one n play someday.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by peter4d2(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2014
Proffdada:
lolz world war 3

gringrin
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by joywendy(f): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2014
@ amguud

thanks smiley

why don't you like board or card games? they are pretty cool cheesy

you are kinda right though, some girls don't wanna play so they wont be labelled as tomboys. Even the ones interested sef.
just the same way some guys who love fashion don't talk about it or pretend they don't have interest so they wont be seen as girly.

We can't expect everyone to fit into those lil stereotypes. That's the problem we have here, everyone should be allowed to do what they wanna do without putting anyone into a box of what we think is right for a particular sex.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2014
joywendy:
@ amguud

thanks smiley

why don't you like board or card games? they are pretty cool cheesy

you are kinda right though, some girls don't wanna play so they wont be labelled as tomboys. Even the ones interested sef.
just the same way some guys who love fashion don't talk about it or pretend they don't have interest so they wont be seen as girly.

We can't expect everyone to fit into those lil stereotypes. That's the problem we have here, everyone should be allowed to do what they wanna do without putting anyone into a box of what we think is right for a particular sex.
I can play dem tho but not just a fan...dey seem to calm n collected. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by twisty20(f): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2014
Proffdada:
but games are like novels only you don't have to imagine

Yeah
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by twisty20(f): 7:31am On Dec 05, 2014
KazukiIto:

novels are real abi! Mtcheew!
Guy DAT is ur own...me I like novel
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by twisty20(f): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2014
Wisegeek01:

And novels are real !!
Full of imagination... Try it and u will never depart from it
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 24, 2014
Wisegeek01:

I can teach you how to play soccer !!
I'll be so glad.
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Wisegeek01(m): 4:03am On Dec 24, 2014
vivaquin:
I'll be so glad.

So where're u @ in Nigeria? IB Lag Abj Port
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Ajiaj(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
What a wonderful thread Whr we have seen girls come out to defend themselves 4 me I say itz a personal thingy
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by donchan1001hp: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
Girls gamer in nigeroa add me on psn i stay in lagos i play gta v my psn-donchan1001hp am a steady online guy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by kkkossy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Cool topic
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 02, 2018
Merlissa:

I know....

Just about to finish GTA 4... I only get to play weekends cuz I have to go to work... but it's all good..

What games do you play??
gta 4 is good but let me challenge you.. Play dead space 3 and middle earth 1 and 2 come and thank me later

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Game?! / Who Can Solve This Million Naira Question? (Pictures) / Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.