Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106278 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ideology(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
It's high time Nigeria divides.
Ojukwu was right

That guy wants to eat his cake and still have it.

Tambuwal is a joker, He took IG, AG to court, withdrew the case last week, of course he knew he won't win.

Could not get enough support for his presidency ambition, he withdrew

Decamping from PDP so U could contest for governorship position, sent the house on recess for more than a month, when the house had bills to consend to (PIB, Budge, insurgency etc) so He could have time to campaign for his next opportunity to chop money.

When the odds didn't favor him, he reconvened the house.

Some folks won't use their heads to see selfish interest at work.
The constitution is clear on this, he should wait for court ruling, but I don't support police reactions.
They messed up the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

@Op, I know you are APC women leader, am yet to see troops not to talk of 1000police officers, stop spreading propaganda

Anyway Nigeria no get honor since people started abusing offices

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by nijanigga: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Abacha days are slowly but surely creeping back under emperor Jonathan.gej will be seriously depressed and deranged if power leaves him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
DonKool1:

The sad state of Nation....
See ignorance of the scale of GEJ being manifested everywhere in Nigeria today....
What part of the constitution are they enforcing?
I really HATE people that cannot reason out the logic in their thoughts before they spew them out to the world.
What constitution are they are they enforcing?
Do you know, mr majekdom2 that IF INDEED Tambuwal is not the speaker and he chooses to parade himself as the speaker, then the police SHOULD BY LAW arrest him?
If that is the case, why barricade the gate? to prevent him from committing a legal offense?
Is that why they are tear gassing people?

Looking at this nonsense logically, teargas is used to disperse or subdue groups of people usually with a view of preventing loss of life and/or damage to property.

Did the reps and Tambuwal pose a threat to anybody or public/government property?

hehehe , exactly , why don't you allow him commit the offense , so you can arrest him. It makes it easier. There s just a force misleading this govt really.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by aby1976(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
dtruth3:
Patiently waiting for his felow street boys, Amachi and co, to come and occupy the street!

this time, let the millitary learn how to shoot at sight!

People like u re fools. If tambua should b ur brother would u have prayed for his death?

Useless huuman being wt maggot like brain

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ionsman: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pennyways:
so APC crocks and its agent are abnormal for disobeying the constitution
Mr man,your thought lacks objectivity.So in your constitution,the pdp members are supposed to be allowed in while the apc members are locked out right? Tell me what I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by aviazuva: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
How Police stand dey look people climbing over gate? No be criminal act be dat?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Larow(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Whitehorse:

C'mon man. The PDP constition? Please calm down...

I am talking about the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended and what it says about decamping. I will not look it up for you, do some work yourself, its even here on NL...
hear out yourself! How can the masses vote in some1 and such a thing is decleared null and void all because he defected to another party? Is there no 2/3 majority rule of law again? Please stop typing rubbish if u don't know what to type abeg
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by hadaydhollarpo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
GEJ's political issues with iron hands. hw i wish he takes d sm steps 2 tackle d insurgency & other security challenges. he 1s admitted BK is being handled with kids gloves, while he's handling harmless civilians with iron hands. Gej watch ur bk! now, sm ppl fools will kip 2dicharge Mr. President of non-consent of d whole mess, then u gotta be sick.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by figment232(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
hugoart:
Tambuwal is inside the house.
He stood against the devil Jonathan and won.
Thank God for such heroes in the APC.
Was he able to preside over d hse? NOOooo!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by idlaw2k3(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
aviazuva:
How Police stand dey look people climbing over gate? No be criminal act be dat?

I don't want to laugh grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Deapexboy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dey should send dis security men to state captured by boko harram nt THE D HOUSE..........

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Pennyways: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
ShanghaiTLink:
Some of the replies we read here makes one question the literacy level of many so called "educated Nigerians"

FACTS:

Anyone choosing a side or insulting either parties in this matter should tell us and quote what the Nigerian so called constitution says on this issue

1. Under the present circumstance, is he still legally a member of the lower house and the speaker? Show QUOTES, not vibe based on emotions
2. Does changing his political platform knocks him off the speaker position? Please Quote sections from the constitution
3. Can't a 2/3 majority vote from the members impeach him from office as the speaker ? (a test of either sides popularity)
4. If the hurriedly assembled national constitution is unclear about the position of things, shouldn't the courts give final interpretation on the matter?
5. Should the police be used to stop member of the assembly from entering his work place?
6. Should our own top politicians be shown jumping the fence like common taut?

Let's not let emotions and blind love push our country off the cliff. Things need to be done the right way. Nigeria is always the winner, not the politicians.

The coming months might be very interesting as we approach the elections.
you try no be small, a good reasearcher you are

abeg no vex, you go fit work 4 sahara report ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
dtruth3:
And what was mr Former Speaker coming to do at the assembly? i think he should be arrested immediatly
U re airheaded. wasnt he elected 2 d house? sentiments apart military invasion of d assembly is d zenith of cluelessness of gej regime. This impunity must stop.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by hugoart(m): 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tambuwal is presently in the Honourable House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria presiding over the session to deliberate over the need to extend the Emergency Rule in Adamawa,Yobe,Borno.

Mandela was teargassed but he liberated his nation.
Tambuwal must do same against the pdp-jonatan apartheid regime.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by otokx(m): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
The Apostle Prophet did not see this one.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Whitehorse: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
Larow:
hear out yourself! How can the masses vote in some1 and such a thing is decleared null and void all because he defected to another party? Is there no 2/3 majority rule of law again? Please stop typing rubbish if u don't know what to type abeg

Are you saying this for real? 2/3 majority about what?

2/3 majority about what? 2/3 of the constituency that elected him in Sokoto? C'mon... Think about it some more...

The simple truth is that Tambuwal is NO longer a member of the HOR, so the 2/3 thingy in the HOR does not even arise. You can not lead a group that you do not belong to...

The courts are Tambuwal's only option to explicit state his standing, and he made a strategic mistake in withdrawing that court case...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
I NEED A NICE FÙCK FROM A GUY WITH BIG BLACK DICK AND WELL CHISELLED ABS OR FLAT TUMMY.

PM ME, LETS ARRANGE. cry cry
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
nijanigga:
Abacha days are slowly but surely creeping back under emperor Jonathan.gej will be seriously depressed and deranged if power leaves him.
he actually would serve some terms in kirikiri.... He should pray ibori never comes back to nigeria also.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by danny3089: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Soldiers and Policemen don turn to Judge
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by figment232(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Omotolu:
...arrested for what?
For gross misconduct n insurbodination

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by docadams: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
Is the position of Senate president also not for the majority party? cheesy

Some of you are just teenagers who does not know what is obtained in the country electoral system..

If you were not yet begotten or of age in the second republic at least endeavour to read history. In that dispensation, the Rt Hon. Ume-Ezeoke of the NPP was the speaker of the then NPN dominated HOR.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by CaptainJason: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
At this point, I expect Nigerians to unite and fight these people.

An individual is elected based on his party to represent his people, it is the party on the ballot paper, if you want to switch parties then its fine but you should resign and return the mandate and fresh elections held.

These people are only switching parties and fighting for their personal gains.

Mimiko was a pdp man, he could not get the pdp ticket then he moved to LP and back to PDP. T.A Orji from pdp to ppa and back to pdp.

Shekarau, Bafawara, Ribadu, Belgore, FFK, Fayose, Sheriff and some more told us PDP was an evil party in 2011, they are now in PDP.
Tambuwal, Saraki, Amaechi, Atiku, Baraje, Kwakwanso, Nyako, Ahmed, Oyinlola, and a host of other politicians told us that APC (ACN, CPC, APGA, ANPP) were good for nothing parties, now they are the leaders and members of the party. They cross over at will to where the electorate might pitch their tent so as to continue their looting.

Their plan is simple, "since tables turn, we rather sit on top of the table and turn with it."

Tambuwal must quit the house, same goes for those So-called nPDP members, same for MOB and other APC, APGa, LP members that moved to other parties with reasons not connected to the merger.

Why are they scared of bye- elections, if they are sure their people love them and that they consulted their people before cross carpeting then they will return to the house.

To those arguing about whether the constitution states that a leader should come from the majority party, why don't you ask Tambuwal to step aside and ask the members to vote for a new speaker and he presents himself for election (though I believe he is not even supposed to be a member of the house). Since some of you claim the opposition voted him and that some PDP members still want him then he will definitely win and that will end the controversy.

Though the court stated that status quo should be maintained, this rubbish from 'probably' GEJ is to our advantage. Now that there is a crack in the camp of our slave masters, we should push them out, teach them a lesson and put Nigeria on the right path rather than taking sides with people who do not care about US.

In Nigeria now, you can hardly make it big without flirting with politicians and parties, for how long should this continue?

My two cents

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by chakula: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
I am fully convience why Mr Shoeless Clueless made such statement today. Kindly visit the link below and read the full text.

www.punchng.com/news/i- hardly-get-what-i-want-in-life-says-
jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by maybanks: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
figment232:
Was he able to preside over d hse? NOOooo!

YES!!!!! He presided over the house.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bameyi(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Some 1000 soldiers and policemen have sealed the entrance of the National Assembly in Abuja and physically prevented the Speaker of the House from entering.

Sahara Reporters Media

The Speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal arrived the National Assembly today with a view to preside over the sitting of the House but fierce looking troops posted the stopped him at the gate. A melee has ensued as a result.
 Mr. Tambuwal, President Goodluck Jonathan and the ruling People’s Democratic Party are at loggerheads over the Speaker’s decision to decamp to the All Progressives Congress (APC) a few weeks ago.

Immediately he joined the APC his personal security guards were withdrawn on the orders of the President.

SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
BREAKING NEWSNEWS
source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/20/nigerian-troops-prevent-speaker-aminu-tambuwal-entering-national-assembly

The Speaker left PDP which has majority seat, so by law his no longer the speaker of the house. Even in the states when the Republican won both the house and the Senate they took control of leadership of both the house and Senate.

That been said why do Jonathan act like he never attached primary school. PHD holder should be able to read the Constitution and know every process goes through judiciary system. Why the military. Why force. This is why am against this zoning system yards is from the north so will want vp from where ever the hell he's from.

Now they said Christian /Muslim or Muslim /Christian. Why all this. The average Nigerian is concerned about what's on my plate for Christmas, what school /educational facilities are available for my kids. Do they have access to provide health facilities. I don't care if Babalawo run the country as long as we have basic human needs.

Like I always say Na amadioha go strike the anuofia wey dey disturb my father's land.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by CaptainJason: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
docadams:

If you were not yet begotten or of age in the second republic at least endeavour to read history. In that dispensation, the Rt Hon. Ume-Ezeoke of the NPP was the speaker of the then NPN dominated HOR.

He was speaker because there was an alliance if you know what that word means. The same kind of alliance is why Gordon Brown had to resign in the UK even when his party had the highest number of seats
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by sayyadi01(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
We sincerely need to pray and adjust the current dirty atmosphere of politics in which we are.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by CaptainJason: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
bameyi:

The Speaker left PDP which has majority seat, so by law his no longer the speaker of the house. Even in the states when the Republican won both the house and the Senate they took control of leadership of both the house and Senate.

That been said why do Jonathan act like he never attached primary school. PHD holder should be able to read the Constitution and know every process goes through judiciary system. Why the military. Why force. This is why am against this zoning system yards is from the north so will want vp from where ever the hell he's from.

Now they said Christian /Muslim or Muslim /Christian. Why all this. The average Nigerian is concerned about what's on my plate for Christmas, what school /educational facilities are available for my kids. Do they have access to provide health facilities. I don't care if Babalawo run the country as long as we have basic human needs.

Like I always say Na amadioha go strike the anuofia wey dey disturb my father's land.

Factors that determine Federal elections and federal appointments have always been Religion, Tribe, Party.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by jude33084(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:
The soldiers yab. Abeg!
What do they think their guns are for? they should have shot the useless asewo janjawid.

Be matured for once. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by otokx(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
The foxes have come out of their hiding places quoting America, UK and very soon Saudi Arabia but the vast majority of the people are seeing the hand writing on the wall.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by idu1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Choi! See how many people veiwing this thread.....
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!

The issue is why d abuse of power by the presidency/PDP. As Speaker or ordinary member, He should have access to the NA as long as the people of Kebbe/Tambuwal want him there. Be objective please

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.