Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106524 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
ichidodo:
What does the constitution say about
defecting in the legislative sit?
be honest.The constitution is the constitution,whatever is in the constitution is the constitution. Don't be sentimental. That
man can not remain in that house
according to the constitution.
nobody is disputing what d constitution says. d question is when law makers from APC( former ANPP.,ACN even APGA) defected to PDP y did dey not lose deir seats.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
ichidodo:
be honest.The constitution is the constitution,whatever is in the constitution is the constitution. Don't be sentimental. That
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by obinoral1179(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
ichidodo:
but the clause there said if the there is merger or faction then a legislator can defect. But my case is that the ondo state speaker defect from labour to pdp but no constitution was mention then. My stake what ever is good for the goose is good for the gander. they should first declare the seat of all the ondo state honourable that defected with mimiko then I will support that of tambuwal. Bro this people only play to what favour them.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
henryhemon:

It is because you don't have sense,thats why you are saying that,mumu.

Your mother no get sense

Otu nne i
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
ichidodo:
so what happens to dose law makers dat defected from other party to PDP
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mko2005: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
Fourwinds:
so when did Tambuwal becomes a security threat to d hollow chamber.? remember how BH started. it was a a result of extra- judicial killings. what about d Niger-delta militancy....complete neglect of d people and polution of d environment. now FG wants to use force again to push a man out of where he was elected by his people in Sokoto. we can see how it is starting but when it will end u and I don't know
If the force says due to intelligence report them i.e let's say some boko boys planning to bomb the National Assembly or some group of people planning to ferment trouble in the house as a result of today's sitting,will it not be proper they take a proactive measure by asking all to go for the time been and reschedule today's meeting? If that is the case,it isn't seein Tambuwal as a security threat but protecting the lives of Tambuwal and co !

God help us
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
omoiseselagba:
lets your fada start first.omo ale.

Not until your harlot mother dies from hiv aids

Ezi ofia
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Efomeh2020(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nairalanders don't even know the law. Why the use of military in peaceful gathering? Has the judiciary explained the law as regards the defection of the speaker?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by brown3: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Tambuwal is still speaker bros. I wonder what you stand to lose from accepting this clear undisputed fact.
my guy tanbuwa is no more the speaker the day he decamped. Na watin constitution talk be that, no be me talk am. Or re we going to look the other way because it does not favour one jajanweed gambari.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by henryhemon(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
cashkid:

I swear u are nothing but a waste to your family!!!!!!!!

Very true,a waste to his generation.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Caseless:
sometimes, i wonder if frogs like u went to school. U sound so childish.

Nope i didnt but i know book pass your hopeless illiterate father

Wasted sperm like you

Otu nne i
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
9jii:

Just know? No prove nothing.just cluelessly.

Gej till 2019
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
mko2005:

If the force says due to intelligence report them i.e let's say some boko boys planning to bomb the National Assembly or some group of people planning to ferment trouble in the house as a result of today's sitting,will it not be proper they take a proactive measure by asking all to go for the time been and reschedule today's meeting? If that is the case,it isn't seein Tambuwal as a security threat but protecting the lives of Tambuwal and co !

God help us
dis is politics FG is playing. I'm not a small boy. if Tambuwal did not defect will dey do dis.? or is it d first time someone is defecting in dat house.? if it suits d devil., he is pleased but when it does not favour him., he cries all nite
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by NewsHub: 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
I cry for my country!!!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
dtruth3:
Please catch him, dont let him escape! He should be arrested! He is an intruder!
who thought you English cause the person should have thought you how to use a dictionary so you could check the meaning of democracy and don't ask me what it is cause you to stupid to understand my definition.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mko2005: 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
Fourwinds:
so what happens to dose law makers dat defected from other party to PDP
There has been several rulings stressing that the defendants would not lose their seats for another re-election because there was indeed an established case of crisis in their former party which prompted their defection to pdp ! If that is the case with Tambuwal's defection,then it is in order but i do not think there was any known case(s) in Pdp especially in sokoto as at the time he defected.

God help us
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by sodiqrasaq(m): 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
GeneralBK:

Yes tambuwal should be dead.

Next time dont joke or play with c in c

Oh my God! Why are you so heartless? wishing a fellow man like you dead cos of politics.
You should be in the cage cos your are not diffrent from clifford Orji.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mko2005: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
but the clause there said if the there is merger or faction then a legislator can defect. But my case is that the ondo state speaker defect from labour to pdp but no constitution was mention then. My stake what ever is good for the goose is good for the gander. they should first declare the seat of all the ondo state honourable that defected with mimiko then I will support that of tambuwal. Bro this people only play to what favour them.
There has been several rulings stressing that the defendants would not lose their seats for another re-election because there was indeed an established case of crisis in their former party which prompted their defection to pdp ! If that is the case with Tambuwal's defection,then it is in order but i do not think there was any known case(s) in Pdp especially in sokoto as at the time he defected.

God help us
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
sodiqrasaq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0BLM8OQ0

[size=28pt]NA WOW. Speechless.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
mko2005:

God help us
so how come d sokoto state Governor is no longer in d party he was elected if dere was no crisis. remember it started with d former PDP national chairman
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by dammytosh: 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:

only "tear gassed"? What kind of useless "troops" do we have in this country these days? Shoot the asewo!

grin grin grin grin grin

Shoot the hakunakuna u mean.

hypocritical speaker.

HE does APC's bait since day 1.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fellonigerians: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!

Who is the Speaker then??
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by docadams: 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
abes:

Hey, you cannot quote Sub-Section 68(1)(a)-(h) without quoting Sub-Section 68(2) which gives action/power to 68(1)(a)-(h);

Now according to 68(2), it is NOT you, me, the police, the President that has the constitutional power to give effect to subsection 68(1), it is the SPEAKER (in the case of HOA) that has the constitutional right to give effect provided there is a SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE.

subsection 68(1) is not automatic.

The constitution is clear.

I doff my hat!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
First of all, I thought SAHARA REPORTERS were carrier of fake news according to TANoids?? Is it because an APC member is affected that you guys greeted the info with blushes on your faces undecided..esp Chukwudi44, who has just been a 'comic relief' on these thread. Sincerely speaking; the dreams we had about democracy as to what it truly signifies has been crushed totally by GEJ's administration! OBJ, as willy as he is, yet NEVER abused his executive powers.. cry. I make bold to say that these govt has struggled to juxtapose itself from that of an ideal military govt..these is the height of lawlessness and abuse of both constitutional and human right of the Hon. Speaker angry. What GÉJ doesn't know is that he has made the speaker more popular amongst the law makers and dented his image in turn with such a swoop. With such an incident today, it's only an inane mind that wouldn't see GEJ(PDP) as being desperate to hold on to power..Thanks for the B'day present Mr President..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mikolo70:

People like you will lead GEJ to his early grave.

Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yomboy4ever:

Oh my God! Why are you so heartless? wishing a fellow man like you dead cos of politics.
You should be in the cage cos your are not diffrent from clifford Orji.
otu nne i
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by docadams: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
abes:

All you stated above is not in the constitution.

Simple
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by katordidi(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Even if he is no longer speaker or floor member for that matter, Is he a terrorist that should be accosted by a thousand troops in the national assembly complex?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by katordidi(m): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
ZACHIE:

Is Mimiko still Governor of Ondo State? YES.

Warped minds.
Good point, Uche ekwunife decamped to PDP and is still in the house
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ichidodo: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
I hear you.The interesting aspect to this whole saga on a very personal note is the feeble and almost pedantic role Ihedioha has played and i must say some quaters in the PDP hierachy will be terribly displeased which should clear the way for my Principal(Ararume)'s quest for PDP Imo governorship ticket..…G'nite.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by cashkid: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Anybody that watched the video posted above will agree with me that PDP is getting it wrong seriously cos this Guy called TAMBUWAL is already gaining public sympathy. Moreso, see the response of those that followed Tambuwal, very violent and battle ready.Watching something like this happening will spell doom for this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Video Of Hanan Buhari On The Presidential Jet, Waving. Shared By Aisha Buhari / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced / Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.