Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106289 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by OpeDwarroir: 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
What a shame. It shows d level of desperation these so called Hons. Exhibited to win election. Thugs answering honourables. Only a thief will jump thru d gate to gain entrance. U can imagine how helpless our Police men are. Just looking at dem, while they do there things

NgeneUkwenu:
Hon Kawu Sumaila, Dep minority leader of the HoR, climbing NASS gate to have access to the premises.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bakila: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
VirginFinder:
I don't think the President is behind this.

I think some people are trying to sabotage the President and paint him in bad light.

What is happening is extremely awful! OBJ never did anything this close despite the fact that there were several attempts at impeaching him.

I smell a script being played out. More like a set up.
Please give credit to whom it's due. If it is a good thing say it is one if bad condemn it. The dSs, army and police can not carry out this operation on there own.

The President has to be careful at this time especially with his so-called supporters/handlers from the north.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Abdngna: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!

Is it by force that what u said should happen even if it should happen?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by gr8femfred: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Seriously i don't underst and y u dey call urself a nigerian. U can't even tink,i pity ur family.
Curlieweed:
The soldiers yab. Abeg!
What do they think their guns are for? they should have shot the useless asewo janjawid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ichidodo: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
coolguyz:

[s]
It only shows you have never read that provision of the constitution and reason you spew what you have little understanding of.

A house of rep member is expected to vacate his seat if he cross carpet provided the reason for cross carpeting is not a s a result of division, merger or factions in the sponsoring party he is defecting from.

This literally tells you that you would need a competent court to determine if there is crisis in PDP to warrant a member defect without losing their seat.

lets read the law appropriately! [/s]
Teacher don't teach me nonsense..Read the Constitution 68 (1) g..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by OpeDwarroir: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
You are too biased. Were u dere wen d order was given?

NgeneUkwenu:
HoR members having to jump over NASS gate locked by police & SSS operatives in order of Prez Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bakila: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
VirginFinder:
I don't think the President is behind this.

I think some people are trying to sabotage the President and paint him in bad light.

What is happening is extremely awful! OBJ never did anything this close despite the fact that there were several attempts at impeaching him.

I smell a script being played out. More like a set up.

The President has to be careful at this time especially with his so-called supporters

Please give credit to whom it's due. If it is a good thing say it is one if bad condemn it. The dSs, army and police can not carry out this operation on there own.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
dtruth3:
And what was mr Former Speaker coming to do at the assembly? i think he should be arrested immediatly

You should change your moniker as no truth comes out of your mouth

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
Icecream4U:
don't be silly bro.
mind ur language. I don't use abusive words please. if u want to give reasons y it wont work say it. have a good day
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by gr8femfred: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
Now i c d reason y nigeria can never b gud.if some of our youth can stil support dis it shows w don't hav an idea of where w are goin as a nation.. I CRY 4 NIAJA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Franzeez(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
gr8femfred:
Now i c d reason y nigeria can never b gud.if some of our youth can stil support dis it shows w don't hav an idea of where w are goin as a nation.. I CRY 4 NIAJA

You are silly for that statement...... Go ahead and support who you wish to support and leave the other man to his own conscience....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by sammhi(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
this pics shows how low Tambuwal is. why jump a fence? there is no justification for jumping a fence. even if GEJ is wrong, two wrong do not make a right. Tambuwal and his suporters just shows that they are nothing but touts. only a tout will jump a fence

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

Fool, thanks for the correction but i care less. What matters now for now is shame on ur god Jonathan, tambuwal remains speaker. grin
MONKEY PLS GO AND DIE
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Horus(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5q91o522gw

[size=15pt]Nigerian security forces fire tear gas inside parliament (raw video)[/size]

Nigerian security forces have fired tear gas inside parliament, just before
a crucial debate on security in the conflict-ridden north-east.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by HASSANAASIA(f): 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
GeneralBK:

I love you

#nohomo

Your sick gerout
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Ilekokonit: 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
With the pictures below, it is crystal clear that Nigerian Politicians will fight and die to preserve their bread and butter and looted billions.

Reminds one of the "Honourable" who jumped up and down on a table in the house chambers shouting Etteh must stay and died of a heart attack right in the hallowed chambers to prevent Patricia Etteh from being removed as Speaker of the House a few years ago.

Stealing Billions with no chance of ever being caught is really intoxicating these guys.

We the masses just have to vote with our head.

We know the right person to vote for and hopefully, we will not keep harvesting defeat from the jaws of victory.

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by HARDDON: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
donphilopus:

Fool, why displaying your stupidity?! The same Soldiers who take to their heels whenever Boko Haram is mentioned. Their guns always fail them whenever they engage the insurgents, but respond whenever they're ordered from above to intimidate the opposition leaders. You're a perfect example of a moooron!

Hope PDP would bear all these as an opposition when the government in power [APC] would start doing theirs come next year?!

Leaders of tomorrow!
So in this section, no one can make an intellent input without resulting to insult n letting d animals in them lose?

The bolded just goes to show ur shallow state of mind

Don't bother to quote, u would be ignored

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ichema4u(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Some 1000 soldiers and policemen have sealed the entrance of the National Assembly in Abuja and physically prevented the Speaker of the House from entering.

Sahara Reporters Media

The Speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal arrived the National Assembly today with a view to preside over the sitting of the House but fierce looking troops posted the stopped him at the gate. A melee has ensued as a result.
 Mr. Tambuwal, President Goodluck Jonathan and the ruling People’s Democratic Party are at loggerheads over the Speaker’s decision to decamp to the All Progressives Congress (APC) a few weeks ago.

Immediately he joined the APC his personal security guards were withdrawn on the orders of the President.

SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
BREAKING NEWSNEWS
source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/20/nigerian-troops-prevent-speaker-aminu-tambuwal-entering-national-assembly

Mrs poster, beg ur Sahara reporters to stop lying o..
Do u know what 1000 means..?
That's a huge number..
From d images so far, if abt 1000 security operatives were there, anywhich way.. we wld have seen atleast a few of them from d clips posted..
Ppl who's learn how not to exagerate things.
Trust me,
Soldiers will neva come for this kind of things .. there r more pressing needs for soldiers than this..
Some reporters shld learn how to base their facts n stop spreading falsehood with truth..
Now now na d President send dem that's what u imply na Sahara reporters ..
Make ona repent o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by chibwike(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
HARRDON
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by timota(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
Those claiming that tambuwal is no longer a house of reps member by virtue of defection from pdp citing section 68 of the constitution.My question is this what happen to the HOR members that has been defecting to PDP since 1999 or the constitution only come up yesterday. Note I'm none partisan

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Horus(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0BLM8OQ0

[size=15pt]Cheers As Blocked Lawmakers Bundle Tambuwal Into Hallowed Chambers[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by adanny01(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
Why didn't ACN nor Labour Party nor APGA present candidates for the said position in 2011?

Why was it only PDP that presented candidates (Tambuwal and Mulikat)?

Why is that?

You need to know the basis for the election in the first place, which is based on majority party in the House and not the other way round..

Unfortunately for you dumb ass, that cannot be used as basis for impeachment.

You can only ask him to honourably resign but cant force him unless you can impeach him without impeachable offence.

The constitutuon is clear on that, even PDP themselves dont know how to go about it and you a nobody comes here to spew utter nonsense.

Other political parties didnt present a candidate not because the are not eligible but because the will not win without PDP's support. Understand that or go back to kindergarten.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by gr8femfred: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
By der fruit u shall knw dem.. C dis OMO IRAN KIRAN, AJE OKUTJ MA MU OMI. U ar a couse 2 dis gr8 country stated 4rm ur 4father. Am sure u are a WAST PRODUCT.
Franzeez:

You are silly for that statement...... Go ahead and support who you wish to support and leave the other man to his own conscience....
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by sharpchap: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
as far as am concerned them no fire enough tear gas . and am shocked dem no use koboko flog anybody, MOPOL don finish? am disappointed. make dem fire tear gas for legislative quaters naa. mchew!!! they are all thieves why we dey give ourselves hypertension?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by vikeyz(m): 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
undecided jungle don mature
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by vigasimple(m): 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Every leader has his own weakness. GEJ is naive when he allowed Tambuwal to be made speaker. In our current stage of democracy, a President need a strong and loyal speaker to carry out the policies of the ruling party.

The speaker position was zoned to SW and GEJ should have frustrate the emergence of a born to rule disloyal person like Tambuwal.

The whole agenda of APC for those that want to know is to force presidency back to the north. Period.

So, all the drama is to actualise that power must go to North nonsense.

GEJ and the PDP should have made immediate application to the courts to determine the position of the speaker.

The supreme court on the issue of speaker of the house will not side with Tambuwal because there's no faction at the federal house of assembly. The constitution cannot condone a member of a minority party to be speaker.

It's not done anywhere in the world .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Ilekokonit: 12:47am On Nov 21, 2014
Do or die politics.

Isn't this the same way teargas was fired into Chuba Okadigbo's face at a political rally and the man who was naijas senate president and was also asthmatic died on his wifes laps inside a car on the way to the hospital.

Shame on ALL parties involved in this latest round of executive irresponsibility.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bossboss1: 12:51am On Nov 21, 2014
VirginFinder:

The President only about 2/3 days ago wrote the Senate President and Speaker on the extension of the SoE in the affected states.
This means the President still recognises and respects Tambuwal as the Speaker of the House of Reps and the National Assembly as an arm of govt.
This led the Speaker to convene this today's sitting.

How then will the President order security operatives to disrupt the sitting?

Does it make sense?

No it doesn't make sense. That's why Jonathan's hand is all over it. He is the King of senselessness and cluelessness. Act first, think later is his watchword.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by AdeolaArewa(f): 1:02am On Nov 21, 2014
SHIT happens cry
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ugoezeik(m): 1:27am On Nov 21, 2014
himkers:
Heiyaa! They tear-gassed Mr speaker?? This is simply lugubrious.
explain dis English bf I loss my temper
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by adekojeku(m): 2:10am On Nov 21, 2014
I can see the best President ever.
insult to all the black race.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by LogicPower(m): 2:34am On Nov 21, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Not only lawless but childish!
He would trade words with Ameachi, fire and seize the passport of Lamido...the list goes on. Useless, childish, idiotic man! angry

You forgot to add the shameless way he unleashed his overzealous security operatives to harass decent and eminent women of #BringBackOurGirls.

But when Tomporo warned him not to dare attend a well-advertized public function, he recoiled into his shell in a disgraceful show of cowardice and lack of leadership and courage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.