Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106282 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bakila: 5:10am On Nov 21, 2014
Cubeet2:
Thank you Mr Geographer.
What I know is that Lagos is in the SW part of Nigeria, Has no reasonable Resources apart from the fact that it was the formal capital and is the business/ commercial capital in Nigeria. Apart from it being the commercial hub in Nigeria what else?
What is the resources of Aba, Onitsha or Kano other than geography?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by SenatorJames(m): 5:20am On Nov 21, 2014
dtruth3:
And what was mr Former Speaker coming to do at the assembly? i think he should be arrested immediatly
I cant find Dimeji Bankole or any other former speaker in that picture.

Please tell me who the former speaker is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Redhot111(m): 5:46am On Nov 21, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!
Oga it doesn't wrk dat way. Now dat he has crossed the ryt thing is for d PDP to lawfully impeach him through 2/3 majority if u think he is not dat popular. What is being done here is simply undemocratic. Mind u I'm not one of his supporters Bt lets watch it before Ebele drives dis nation into anarchy. Like their wife once said, "there is God ooo"
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by algorithmz(m): 6:18am On Nov 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
The PDP/APC Reps broke the gate and brought Tambuwal in....interesting!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by slimzy91(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2014
So sad that nigeria's security personel has turned into political thugs of pdp
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Objektive: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2014
CLOSE ALL THE SEA PORTS IN LAGOS OR OPEN OTHER SEA PORTS IN AKWA IBOM, PORT HARCOURT, CALABAR AND 2 OTHER PLACES AND LAGOS IS DEMYSTIFIED.

LET THEM KEEP DECEIVING THEMSELVES.

bakila:

What is the resources of Aba, Onitsha or Kano other than geography?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Okeikpu(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2014
dtruth3:
Please catch him, dont let him escape! He should be arrested! He is an intruder!
\(〇_o)/ grin gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by DonKool1: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2014
slimzy91:
So sad that nigeria's security personel has turned into political thugs of pdp
that's one perspective.
What i see is a reckless, lawless and stupidly greedy/selfish government at work.

Reckless because they do not consider the precedents/consequences of their actions/in-actions.
Lawless because in claiming to uphold law and order, they break more laws than the average criminals in prison.
Stupidly greedy/selfish because ALL these incidents (Governor's forum where 16 became greater than 19, Rivers state where 5 members tried to impeach 27 members of the State HOA -under police protection o!!, Same story in Ekiti at the moment) are orchestrated and authorized by the FG. It's bad enough when they get involved but to actually initiate the moves.....

government because in all this illegality and outright injustice,
i.) they claim to not have a hand in it BUT THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING TO CORRECT IT.
ii) They sometimes even just prefer to keep SILENT AND NOT SAY ANYTHING.
iii) If not those two, it's someone somewhere trying to paint the presidency in a bad light!!!

Examples
Like ex-CBN governor and missing money that they have not till this day explained whether or not money truly miss or not (they resorted to a combination of iii & ii above.
another case in point is the Chibok girls abduction that they tried to use iii for over two weeks then resorted to ii until the # movement forced their hand.

Yet , people keep defending and making excuses for the President, PDP and his cronies!!!
Despite the fact that the same presidency dey look like muturu....
Despite the fact that the same presidency acknowledged and congratulated winner of governor's forum with 16 votes against a loser of 19 votes!

May none of them escape God's judgement for the innocent lives they have directly and indirectly destroyed within my own lifetime!!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by UTEWUOJO: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2014
The PDP lead government have demonstrated impunity in recent days & will continue to show thier undemocratic attitude untill they are voted out of power come 2015
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by 9jatriot(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2014
Objektive:
CLOSE ALL THE SEA PORTS IN LAGOS OR OPEN OTHER SEA PORTS IN AKWA IBOM, PORT HARCOURT, CALABAR AND 2 OTHER PLACES AND LAGOS IS DEMYSTIFIED.

LET THEM KEEP DECEIVING THEMSELVES.

Just to demystify lagos? you will be ready to plunge the only working import point into the country. So what you guys cannot get you guys destroy.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by sweetgala(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2014
CFCfan:

Actually, the Supreme Court has held that it is political parties that win elections, not the candidates.

I would like to read the statement of how that judge came to such a ridiculous conclusion.

The Nigerian political parties have no political leaning, no principles and thereby the people can not elect a party but rather an individual .
The party is there to facilitate the campaign process.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Icecream4U(m): 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
vigasimple:
Tambuwal is causing constitutional crisis. He couldn't have been elected from the minority party to become speaker. He is a lawyer, he knew what he was doing and plain English, it's sabotage.

If he decided to join the minority party, then he should step down as a speaker. He is using the court as a shield. He is leading a mutimy against the goverment by encouraging defection to the opposition.

He knew his brethrens in the North will never remove him if they have to vote in the house because of Tribalism. Don't forget he is a born to rule Fulani man from Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate.

He is lucky we don't have OBJ as president anymore, because by now another speaker will be on seat.

GEJ unfortunately has no choice other than to show some muscle.
but why can't GEJ show this his "some muscle" to bokoharam?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
transgendered shut up. APC touts tongue.

NgeneUkwenu:
Tambuwal Tear Gassed inside the complex..m

If Goodluck Jonathan is a democrat then Adolf Hitler was one too. Invading Legislative Arm with soldiers is not DEMOCRATIC!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
grin grin
dtruth3:
Please catch him, dont let him escape! He should be arrested! He is an intruder!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by dazdilijae(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sorry o I didn't see any military in all the pics abi na spiritual military?
I I saw is police, civil defence n road safety even on channels news so
where did the word military troops come into this?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
David mark can never join APC ! he's with GEJ! He was only there to restore order.

Demdem:

Joint sitting to instantly impeach the power drunk from otueke. grin
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
Heroes indeed....lol

Demdem:

Heroes of the people are normally tear gassed. No big deal.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
you dont have to bring Igbo into this. APC yoruba touts like you keep acting like you speak for all westerners,meanwhile the elites amongst you support GEJ.. ode!

Demdem:
[[s]quote author=chukwudi44 post=28185511]

Throne ko sit ni!!!! Whatever he does on that sut is not binding!!! i can bet you the executive will disregard whatever comes from that stting.PDP reps would carry out their own sitting and elect their own speaker.[/s]

Ibofool, spear me ur rants and answer this.
Who is currently the speaker of house? grin
I know shame won't allow u to answer. grin
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mapist(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Juicypunny:

FOOL ODE NI BOBO YI
I'M NOT LIVING IN POVERTY STRICKEN OSUN, OYO, ONDO, EKITI AND OGUN

LAGOS IS A NO MAN LAND.

WEREY

Point of correctn,Lagos is NOT a "no man's land"..so,stop deluding urself.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yeye president/govt they will be deploying soldiers to places where dey are not needed, the fuckiing soldiers are needed in the northern villages ravaged by d islamist insurgency but no, d F00Ls in govt won't see it as a high priority need. Wetin soldier dey do 4 NAS, shey na war zone? Bloody bastards in govt thinking with their feet.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by 2kris(m): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Crap, mind ur business, face topic or STFU.
oga u need to grow up..........anger is already taking the better part of you
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
Fire burn all ibo blood on Dis thread
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by 2kris(m): 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
peppyluv02:
you dont have to bring Igbo into this. APC yoruba touts like you keep acting like you speak for all westerners,meanwhile the elites amongst you support GEJ.. ode!

peppyluv02:
wow is that ur hair? shocked
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by twentycent(m): 11:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
Because I schooled in Kutuwenji&Nijeristan/Iraq I don't understand y'all anymore. I believe the saying that's say what's good for the goose is also good for the gander so what goes for Mimiko can also go for Tambuwal. Shikena abi no be sooooo!!!

Let us all be cautious so dat the predictions of d US will not materialise in 2015 and GEJ shld sit up or get out. Shikena abi no be soooooo!!!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 1:54am On Nov 22, 2014
peppyluv02:

Fool, stop being foolish. Because i call that ediot Ibofool doesn't mean I have issues with ibos. Fool, carry ur bigotry elsewhere.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by moriton(m): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!
So in this dispensation, physical police assault is the most democratic way of stopping him.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by nyebosk: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
The problem is that most Nigerians are illiterates and dishonest and dont like the truth...

Section 68(1)(g) of the Nigerian Constitution provides that a member of the Senate or House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if “being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected or provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of division in the political, party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factor by one of which he was previously sponsored.”

You don't need an Oxford dictionary to understand this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
yea

2kris:
wow is that ur hair? shocked
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ezi!

Demdem:

Fool, stop being foolish. Because i call that ediot Ibofool doesn't mean I have issues with ibos. Fool, carry ur bigotry elsewhere.

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
your name says it all. everything about you is low including your brain.

lowgeorge:
Fire burn all ibo blood on Dis thread
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by christopher123(m): 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
peppyluv02:
Ezi!

Babe kedu ije

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.