Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? (19373 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by preselect(m): 5:12am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
Is speaking in tongue a criteria to get to heaven

NO angry
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Optional2(f): 5:23am On Nov 30, 2014
Hell no! speaking in tongues is a special gift 4rm God not a talent
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Wefiak1414(m): 5:24am On Nov 30, 2014
hmm some said I was unconscious some said I was death, but when the power of the Holy ghost came upon me I will dance shout in tongue like babies does. I speak in tongues, heal the sick, raise the death and walk upon the sea. I never thought I could do all these thing until when the Holy ghost was upon me.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 30, 2014
majorgr:
After rapture or correctly said after the catching away of the church, there wud be immediately the great tribulations which will last for about 3.5 years, in which 144000 Jews wud be saved, immediately after this, we are told that Jesus will be coming back with His saint and will rule for 1000yrs in which Satan wud be cast into the bottomless pit. Yes, before the new earth and new Heavens. We are going to rule the earth with Jesus for a thousand yrs before the adversary wud be released from his pit to deceive the world to fight Christ. This could only mean one thing, we are coming back home but this time to rule with Christ.

JW spotted.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 30, 2014
"Speak in tongues" LOL!
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:48am On Nov 30, 2014
sbaks:
That is why @funjosh I asked if you are born-again because if you genuienely are, then speaking in tongues will follow suit. Many new converts don't understand this fact, but when ever they have their quiet time, they notice their mouth shaking uncontrollably even though they have little faith to realize that it is baptism of the HOLY GHOST. Now once you posses the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, this will follow suit "NATURALLY"
Are all who speak in tongues born again and spirit filled.?
If not, how do you discern the true tongues considering the number of those who speak in tongues?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Lovine: 5:56am On Nov 30, 2014
99% of speaking in tongues today are demonic, some are psychological, some are simple emulation of others that speak. When a true Christian who is not biased in his spirit speaks in unknown tongues, Satan, illness, poverty etc listens and obey. Today its simply gibberish. Most who speaks this tongues today manifest in them envy, hatred, fornication, party spirit, division, disagreement, on forgiveness, etc. Where does those evil manifestation comes from when one still speak in tongues? When one truly speak in a true tongue, he has ceased from sin, because the HOLY SPIRIT is now in control of him or her. If you still speak and still hate, division, fornication, fighting, adultery, self righteousness, envy, judgment etc, DEMON are speaking in you.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
I've never spoke in tongue. So I guess I'm going to hell...huh? undecided
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 30, 2014
Ignorance will not kill some of u.... Do u tink de deliberately or purposely speak in tongues... Das de work of de holy spirit to convince de devil.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by femi4: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Marv650(m): 6:16am On Nov 30, 2014
the people of old speak in tongue when there is an interpreter and I was a means of passing information to those who don't understand their language (PENTECOST 33CE) but today people do the lat when praying like Na God no sabi their language...... my take on is over sabi dey worry them.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by judedwriter(m): 6:16am On Nov 30, 2014
No, but speaking in tongues will empower you spiritually to walk in miracles and victory in spiritual warfare. Its a very precious gift that can change your life forever if used well. I liken it to a cake in a very tightly sealed wrapper; a lot of christians pray in tongues-but not enough like the apostle paul who prayed more in tongues than the whole corinthian church wink. Its until you pray much in tongues before your life is totally spiritually transformed and empowered. Praying in tongues empowers you to be raptured and make heaven! But I believe holiness is key to heaven not that you are a tongue talker. U Dig?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by festusfeezy(m): 6:24am On Nov 30, 2014
No sir, because

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by hman4real(m): 6:24am On Nov 30, 2014
majorgr:
Whether u speak or not ur ultimate goal is not to make heaven but to advance the kingdom of God here on earth. Remember, blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth, also, another part of the Bible said: the earth wasn't created to be empty but to be inhabited. Always keep this in mind, heaven is just for a while we shall return back to earth that was created for us after the tribulations.

Wat do u mean heavean is for a while Wat are we coming back to earth for?? Our own religion tells us that earth is temporary, while heaven is permanent. Na continous enjoyment for passing the test on earth.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:29am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
Noooooool
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Ogabarrister(m): 6:29am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
Speaking in tongues is a gift of the spirit that every christian suppose to possess in order to communicate better with God cos it is God's language.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Austindark(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2014
Boye94:

JW spotted.

pls, jw does not teach what he has written up there

those who will go to heaven will remain there 'FOREVER' to rule over the great crowd that survived Armageddon on earth.

U can read 1thessalonians 4:17
notice the word 'always be with the lord'
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by darlenese(f): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2014
Princecalm:
Did our fore-fathers speak in tongues?. Certainly not or will you say they did not make Heaven.

Obviously they(forefathers) didn't go to heaven!
Most of them were idol worshipers. Although some were christains but many of them praticed both traditional n christain religion
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nelson2014(m): 6:33am On Nov 30, 2014
@op.av also been tinkin abt it.there is 1 particular fellowship dat i attend dat every1 mst speak in tongue.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by davies123: 6:36am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:

NO.

But then your question is not very clear. Do you mean: does a Christian need the Holy Spirit to make heaven ?Answer is still no but your work with God on earth will be so difficult without the Holy spirit it be NEAR impossible to make heaven!

Why you may ask

Well the Holy spirit was sent to teach,guide us to all truth(which is very important),counsel us,comfort us,bear witness with us etcJohn14:26, 2Corinthian1:3-5)

Again when a man is wounded by a kitchen knife,he will bleed with Blood which is an evidence that he is human,

In the same manner if r filled with the Holy Ghost,inevitably you will speak in tongues,its just like looting wine into a cup once its filled,if u keep pouring in the wine what happens next?

That's right.
It will overflow.That's how speaking in tongue is,when you filled with The Holy ghost there be an overflowing which is the evidence of speaking in tongue

You get it?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nelson2014(m): 6:37am On Nov 30, 2014
Ogabarrister:

Speaking in tongues is a gift of the spirit that every christian suppose to possess in order to communicate better with God cos it is God's language.
nd u tink every1 has d gift? 4get abt gift or no gift..i c it as gibberish

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Sharksblow(m): 6:38am On Nov 30, 2014
jom28gy:
Those that speaks in tongues deceived themselves.
It should be:"many of those who speak in tongues deceive themselves"

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 30, 2014
non of you on this thread will go to heaven anyway...... even if u claim to speak in ''tongues''...
So whats the fuss about?

Just do the needful (John 17:3) and tnx me later
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by darlenese(f): 6:46am On Nov 30, 2014
festusfeezy:
No sir, because

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Act 1:8....but ye shall receive power after the holy ghost is come upon you

When u hv genuinely repented u MUST recieve the gift of the holy spirit! The holy spirits guides you as a new creation, he advises u, he protects u, he's always there to direct u. And when u fall back to sin, he goes away.

If you are a born again and you can't speak in tongues then u have to cry out to God and pray in the spirit to recieve this gift!

You can't be a true son of ur father if u don't know how the speak the language in his house
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by haconjy(m): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2014
I'm surprise on how this topic make front page, I created a thread for some people to advise me on how i will manage my allowee when i passed out in Feb, even with begging to person in charge, yet, he did not but some useless topic can make it.

Well if truly you are a CHRISTIAN you ought to know that, speaking in tongue is a gift to Christian not a parameter to God's Kingdom
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by kiDDa: 6:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Verily verily I say unto you, expect a man be baptize by water and of holyspirit (tongues) he cannot make the kingdom of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by sageer1234(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Jesus did nt speak in tongue, so were did dis speaking in tongue come from?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by darlenese(f): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
judedwriter:
No, but speaking in tongues will empower you spiritually to walk in miracles and victory in spiritual warfare. Its a very precious gift that can change your life forever if used well. I liken it to a cake in a very tightly sealed wrapper; a lot of christians pray in tongues-but not enough like the apostle paul who prayed more in tongues than the whole corinthian church wink. Its until you pray much in tongues before your life is totally spiritually transformed and empowered. Praying in tongues empowers you to be raptured and make heaven! But I believe holiness is key to heaven not that you are a tongue talker. U Dig?

Holiness is key yeah and remember the holyspirit resides in those who are holy, so they must speak in tongues! It's an experience you can't control, it just happens to without u knowing, so the bottom line is..those who are holy speak in tongue grin grin
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by darlenese(f): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2014
sageer1234:
Jesus did nt speak in tongue, so were did dis speaking in tongue come from?

Read Act 1:8

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Sharksblow(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
darlenese:

Obviously they(forefathers) didn't go to heaven!
Most of them were idol worshipers. Although some were christains but many of them praticed both traditional n christain religion
believe it: "many of our fore fathers are still here on earth today". There are Babatundes, Iyabos, Yewandes who are just like the BABAs or MAMAs that died in character, appearance and in everything...
If for example Baba made heaven with his characters on earth then, will he make hell if his character as Babatunde is bad? How will his soul be shared between heaven and hell? Now, if he made heaven as BABA, is he certain to make heaven again?
If his soul won't be shared between heaven and hell. Does it mean that babatunde is destined to make heaven or hell as a result of BABA's deeds.... Don't we think that's why some children are wicked from day 1 while some are nice? Even, elders will eulogize them, linking them to the Babas and mamas...

Now, our fore fathers who didn't hear about Christ or the HG, but followed to the laws of the land, will they go hell? I mean before the advent of the missionaries... Don't forget that many of the laws of the land are a replica of God's commandment which are: don't steal, don't fornicate, don't back bite, don't ruin someone's life etc... They believed that Orunmila is Jehovah...

Speak from here to anywhere, without good character its a waste. speaking in tongues is not a guarantee. though I believe the OP wanted to ask something more?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. / How I Escaped Drowning In Mpoto River, In Awka Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.