Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,003 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? (19280 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 8:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Mickyboiz:
did Jesus speak in tongue ? Gv me d prov in d bible plss

How could Jesus have spoken in tongues. His ascension was what paved way for the Holy Spirit to come. He prayed the Father to send the Holy Spirit after his departure. He didn't need to speak in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2014
UpLoyo:

There's only one and final war, Armageddon. Try watching John hagee on YouTube. He's really good with the Book of Revelations, rapture, Tribulations etc.
I'm nt here to argue wit u...except u hav an explanation of wat d devil wants to tempt d world 4 after 1000 yrs in d bottomless pit...I kno u'll want to acpt dat 4 some1 dat has been a sinner all his life n at 1 last minute repents and gets raptured is enough 4 him to go to heaven....nope bro, he has to withstand d 2nd tym wen d devil is released frm d pit.....dats y u need to read revelations 20 :7 -10......infact it recorded den dat dose dat wuld b 4 d devil wuld b as many as grains of sand on the sea shore....read ur bible, dnt dwell on films....
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Princecalm(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2014
Horlufemi:

Every dead person hasn't gone to heaven. Only Jesus has gone to heaven. They are still here dead but I believe God is infinitely loving and fair. He will give them a fair treatment where u will choose your fate.
it seems you don't understand what you are saying.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2014
prinznazzy:

I'm nt here to argue wit u...except u hav an explanation of wat d devil wants to tempt d world 4 after 1000 yrs in d bottomless pit...[s]I kno u'll want to acpt dat 4 some1 dat has been a sinner all his life n at 1 last minute repents and gets raptured is enough 4 him to go to heaven[/s]....nope bro, he has to withstand d 2nd tym wen d devil is released frm d pit.....dats y u need to read revelations 20 :7 -10......infact it recorded den dat dose dat wuld b 4 d devil wuld b as many as grains of sand on the sea shore....read ur bible, dnt dwell on films....

Do you speak English at all, or is not your first language? Did you see me mention anything about a film? See a teacher that cannot even teach himself. So in your little world John Hagee is a movie star? And you are here lecturing someone about the rapture of what you have no clue of what you are talking about. I helped you and recommended what might help you and I'm the one that should go and read my bible...lol. If you had read yours and gave the correct answer to someone who needed help I wouldn't need to suggest to you a material that can help your understanding. But since it seems to have it nailed out, good for you; Just hoping no one buys into your ignorance

You just said someone that was a sinner all his life and repent last minute before rapture will not making heaven!!! Are you alright? Where did you get that from your Bible, do you read it upside down? Did you ever read what happened to the thieve that was nailed to the cross alongside with Jesus? So you are saying he didn't make heaven the last minute even though Jesus forgave him. You really need to shut up and stop giving advice. So I guess you are one of those self righteous that believe "sinners" need to suffer to make heaven because they have "enjoyed" while you suffer. Pure nonsense.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Vondata(m): 8:41am On Nov 30, 2014
Nigerians are easily deluded by religion. Well, spking in tongues is the least gift of the Holy spirit, why must it be a ticket? I jst hate all these religous lies

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by mediachirps(m): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2014
most stupid question ever on nairaland. speak in tooth so you can make heaven.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2014
ups05:
Bro i used to think that way too but when i got to campus i moved with some people that encouraged me spiritually, then a fire kindled in my spirit and i feel i want to say some things which i dont understand but then i give some room to it but then i still prefer to talk to God in my own way. Genuine tongues cause a stir in your spirit it even makes the unbelieving uncomfortable.
Yea ...d same way I was forced to just say somethn in tongues bk in my early sch days...d prayer had just started, all dat came to preach d gospel to me were already speakin...nt lyk I was just receivin christ or somethn..bt I allowed dem cos I didn't want to turn down dr offer to share God's word..it only made me kno exactly whch fellowship to avoid

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Mickyboiz: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2014
Jahniece:

Really So what was d Bible talking about in 1Corinthians 14:2. Read the whole of dat chapter
my sister den read frm verse 3 to 14 it show dat u dnt read ur bible rather folo wat pastor says busted!!
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Mickyboiz: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2014
UpLoyo:

How could Jesus have spoken in tongues. His ascension was what paved way for the Holy Spirit to come. He prayed the Father to send the Holy Spirit after his departure. He didn't need to speak in tongues.
den wer u ppl gt ur own speak in tongue frm, frm pastors? Since Jesus did nt speak in tongue
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Kash007(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2014
The thief that was crucified beside Jesus didn't have to speak in tongues before making heaven that same day.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2014
UpLoyo:

Do you speak English at all, or is not your first language? Did you see me mention anything about a film? See a teacher that cannot even teach himself. So in your little world John Hagee is a movie star? And you are here lecturing someone about the rapture of what you have no clue of what you are talking about. I helped you and recommended what might help you and I'm the one that should go and read my bible...lol. If you had read yours and gave the correct answer to someone who needed help I wouldn't need to suggest to you a material that can help your understanding. But since it seems to have it nailed out, good for you; Just hoping no one buys into your ignorance

You just said someone that was a sinner all his life and repent last minute before rapture will not making heaven!!! Are you insane? Where did you get that from your Bible, do you read it upside down? Did you ever read what happened to the thieve that was nailed to the cross alongside with Jesus? So you are saying he didn't make heaven the last minute even though Jesus forgave him. You really need to shut up and stop giving advice. So I guess you are one of those self righteous that believe "sinners" need to suffer to make heaven because they have "enjoyed" while you suffer. Pure nonsense.
I might nt kno wat john hagee talks abt, bt I kno wat d bible is sayin....I told u to go n read d bible revelations 20:7-10...obviously u haven't....dr's gog n magog clearly stated dr as whr d 2nd war wuld take place....if u dnt hav a bible, google wat dose verses say.....n I gave a description of dat concernin a sinner tellin u he wuld b raptured if he repents just b4 it takes place, bt dats nt d end....if he doesn't get deceived by d devil to later b among d ppl as many as d sand of d sea shores as d bible said, definitely he wuld go to heaven....read ur bible, n ask 4 d holy spirit to bring it to ur understanding....dnt just settle 4 wat u listen to....n I'm nt talkin abt dose dat has died 4 ages b4 rapture
N only if u kno me.....n I'm nt some1 who claims to b self righteous...bt I'm nt also a bad person....let me help u cure ur ignorance of pickin d bible n acceptin u dnt kno abt dis b4....
Revelations 20:7-8...continue d rest urslf
(7) Afta d thousand years are ova, satan wuld b let loose frm his prison,
(cool And he wuld go out to deceive d nations scattered all ova d world, that is, Gog and Magog. Satan wil bring dem all together for battle, as many as the grains of the sand of the sea shore.
Gog n magog wuld come afta d destruction of d initial antichrist...it wuld come just b4 d last judgement.....In Rev 20 verse 9, d bible recorded hw GOD wuld help win d war
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Kash007(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Vondata:
Nigerians are easily deluded by religion. Well, spking in tongues is the least gift of the Holy spirit, why must it be a ticket? I jst hate all these religous lies
People easily forget to pursue other gifts of the spirit so vigorously...charity, love, Forgiveness etc But many would rather speak gibberish and edify themselves rather than edify God so as to be seen to have the spirit. The Bible clearly states that whosoever speaks in tongues and doesn't interpret for the understanding of others only edifies himself. Read 1 Cor 14: 6-18. Do not be deceived.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2014
Mickyboiz:
my sister den read frm verse 3 to 14 it show dat u dnt read ur bible rather folo wat pastor says busted!!

So u do agree dat d Bible talks abt speaking in tongues not just in d first testament. And b4 u type immaturely- Speaking in d unknown tongues is a means of communication btw man and God. No man can understand it nd thereby it cant be used to edify d church. That y Paul wrote that it is better to prophesy for by so doing, u edify not jst urself, but d church also. 1Corinth 14:5 (Amp)....Paul explains d usefulness nd disadvantages of speaking in tongues dats y i said read d whole chapter. But take note in verse 18, he said that he speakes in tongues more than us all. And in verse 39- "My brethren do not be eager to prophesy nd do not forbid speaking in tongues"..... Thanks
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2014
Mickyboiz:
den wer u ppl gt ur own speak in tongue frm, frm pastors? Since Jesus did nt speak in tongue

Since you clueless about what Jesus did or didn't do, I think you should let it go since you are not part of the "you people" then of what business is yours whether they speak in tongues or not.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2014
prinznazzy:

I might nt kno wat john hagee talks abt, bt I kno wat d bible is sayin....I told u to go n read d bible revelations 20:7-10...obviously u haven't....dr's gog n magog clearly stated dr as whr d 2nd war wuld take place....if u dnt hav a bible, google wat dose verses say.....n I gave a description of dat concernin a sinner tellin u he wuld b raptured if he repents just b4 it takes place, bt dats nt d end....if he doesn't get deceived by d devil to later b among d ppl as many as d sand of d sea shores as d bible said, definitely he wuld go to heaven....read ur bible, n ask 4 d holy spirit to bring it to ur understanding....dnt just settle 4 wat u listen to....n I'm nt talkin abt dose dat has died 4 ages b4 rapture
N only if u kno me.....n I'm nt some1 who claims to b self righteous...bt I'm nt also a bad person....let me help u cure ur ignorance of pickin d bible n acceptin u dnt kno abt dis b4....
Revelations 20:7-8...continue d rest urslf
(7) Afta d thousand years are ova, satan wuld b let loose frm his prison,
(cool And he wuld go out to deceive d nations scattered all ova d world, that is, Gog and Magog. Satan wil bring dem all together for battle, as many as the grains of the sand of the sea shore.
Gog n magog wuld come afta d destruction of d initial antichrist...it wuld come just b4 d last judgement.....In Rev 20 verse 9, d bible recorded hw GOD wuld help win d war

Pure ignorance on display, you must really be fascinated with the "as many as the sand of sea shore", you know that's talking about the army for the war right? If you need to display your ignorance pls find someone in your category or as clueless as you seem, I will need to have a word with your Pastor is either you haven't be taught well or you simply refuse to learn. Your presentation is flawed, go work on it, so next time you want to give advice don't start with someone who knows way more than your teacher.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by agohavivi(f): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2014
i havent been to heaven so i dont know if its a requisition to make heaven. But one thing i know is that a large percentage of those who claim to speak in tongues are fabricating trash.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by darlenese(f): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Princecalm:
are u in anyway saying none of our fore-fathers made heaven?

No
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Elegbede205(m): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2014
[b]Firstly speaking in tongues is a sign of the BAPTISM of the HOLY SPIRIT (mark 16:17),so therefore every believer needs to speak in tongues.

Secondly "speaking in tongues" is different from "gift of diverse kinds of tongues"

speaking in tongues: is an accurate way of praying/communicating to God...so it kinda a must for every beleiver to speak in tongues. (we actually pray somethings that is not actually needed and might even harm us theron)

gift of Diverse kind of tongues: is a gift of the HOLY spirit that he(holy spirit) manifest on a beleiver as he WILLs!! for the edification of the CHURCH (tho it must be interpreted) and not the beleiver...when tongues are interpreted(not translated!!) is also Prophesy.

Well speaking in tongues is not a pass for you to make heaven but as a beleiver speaking in tongues is usefull as it helps us to Buld our faith and help us to stand firm in the Good walk to ETERNITY...infact wen u speak in tongues u start to feel something different inside of you!!.let speak in tongues oo

HAPPY SUNDAY!![/b]
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2014
UpLoyo:

Pure ignorance on display, you must really be fascinated with the "as many as the sand of sea shore", you know that's talking about the army for the war right? If you need to display your ignorance pls find someone in your category or as clueless as you seem, I will need to have a word with your Pastor is either you haven't be taught well or you simply refuse to learn. Your presentation is flawed, go work on it, so next time you want to give advice don't start with someone who knows way more than your teacher.
Ur use of word is really makin me feel sad 4 u....wnt criticise u anyway....bt I'm sure u hav learnt armageddon isn't d only war..dats wat brought up dis argument......too sori dat u hav over trusted watever ur john hayee taught u.......ma bro, believe in d bible...dats wat helped us to initially acpt christianity...nt sayin u shuldnt listen to wat ppl say, I do dat n it expands ma knowledge...n if it goes contrary to d bible, i just allow it b
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Vondata(m): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2014
Kash007:
People easily forget to pursue other gifts of the spirit so vigorously...charity, love, Forgiveness etc But many would rather speak gibberish and edify themselves rather than edify God so as to be seen to have the spirit. The Bible clearly states that whosoever speaks in tongues and doesn't interpret for the understanding of others only edifies himself. Read 1 Cor 14: 6-18. Do not be deceived.
tnx. Coded

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by ekoson95(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2014
sbaks:
then its either your salvation is "questionable" or.......... Because if you are born again "genuenely" you will experience what I just said and that will mean you are baptized with the evidence of speaking in tongues. If you have the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD in you then speking in tongues will follow AUTOMATICALLY.

typical pentecostal propaganda

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2014
Question that need not be asked, if u familiar with ur bible then you will know the criteria for making heaven. But this shows u are not.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Eziachi: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2014
Does all these so called Christians actually knows what speaking in tongue means? When someone miraculously start speaking in a language he/she doesn't normally speak or never spoken to the amazement of familiar speakers of the language, that is what speaking in tongue means.
Nothing to do muttering incoherent words or gibberish.
To the first century Jewish Christians few experiences it in order to spread the good news to foreigners like the Ethiopians in Jerusalem. That was purpose of speaking on Pentecost day recorded. And later it became no part of Christianity by God through the order of apostle Paul Christian. Today it's more to do with occultism than Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Spidermon: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2014
There is one bible passage that says our spirit prays in groans that we cannot understand.
Only God knows those that are really true to him. Even our political criminals speak in tongues so what the f*ck??
I have heard people mentioning skelewu and other 9ja musical slangs all in the name of speaking in tongues.
My belief is prayers should be straight to the point. If your ways are clean, your faith is strong and your prayer is in line with God's plan, it would be answered.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by macof(m): 10:56am On Nov 30, 2014
Emmalot121:
It also includes speaking in language of Angels. Do your research.

Ode, that's wat ur pastors tell u, yet when it comes to this nobody gives Bible reference

I've shown Bible reference that speaking in tongues means speaking in languages
If u can't accept that then u might as well call the Bible a liar
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by macof(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2014
All u Christian morons saying speaking in tongues is a spiritual language of angels pls present ur Bible reference and stop relaying what ur thief pastor tells u every Sunday
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by spirit88: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2014
the only criteria that will qualify u for heaven is john3:16. if u accept Jesus as ur personal Lord and saviour, then u are a citizen of heaven. note, we dont strife, pray or work to get to heaven. we are already a citizen phil3:20.
speaking in tongues is an heavenly language believers use in communicating with God. its the language of the re-created human spirit. its only u and God that is involved 1 Corinthians 14:2. even ur understanding is unfruitful 1cor14:14. its only for the born again john3:8.
pls note that all tongues will cease, all gift will cease but love endureth forever. meaning speaking in tongues is for us here while on earth. it makes us to effectively fulfill our mandate here on earth. Roms8:26 tells us how the Holy Spirit intercedes for us through groanings that cant be uttered. u see, in actualizing Gods purpose for us, we need the ministry of the Holy spirit in this capacity.
finally, those that prays in tongue are not speaking rubbish, they are only talking with God and paul said he wished every believer do this 1cor14:4

1cor 14:2, For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by ynkthomas: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2014
Do not cast your pearl before swine...enough said!
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Princecalm(m): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2014
darlenese:

No
then what are you saying
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by rapthugx(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2014
Most people who speak in tongues don't know what they are doing. Your relationship with God is what will save you not speaking in tongues.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Emmalot121(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2014
macof:

Ode, that's wat ur pastors tell u, yet when it comes to this nobody gives Bible reference

I've shown Bible reference that speaking in tongues means speaking in languages
If u can't accept that then u might as well call the Bible a liar
1st Corinthians 13:1. Enough said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Ephraim Ononye: "I Healed A Mad Man On My Way To Onitsha" (Photos) / Is Betting Bad For A Christian? / Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.