Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success (58721 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Reasons Why Most Nigerians Fail In Poultry Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
Follow me on.my plantain.thread to learn all you have to learn in plantain farming business.
Its going to be insightful...
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
I have seen a lot of analysis on plantain farming thats states that if you plant 1000 suckers,you should expect 5% of the suckers will.not grow.

Yes,they are right and i know the reason why it is so (because they make use of the wrong kind of suckers on the field.)

Using uniformly propagated suckers (the second picture of suckers above),then you can be guaranteed of 100% uniformly growing plantain and attain 100% plantain harvest stands with maximum revenue.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:42am On Dec 23, 2014
We can make a whole.lot of difference in the world if we keep working at our goals everyday.
Good morninng.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2014
How you react to mistakes,challenges will determine the level of success you reach in life.

See positive side of every situation.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
Important steps to take to start a successful plantain

1.Learn from only successful farmers; a lot of people claim to be successful in plantain farming business but they have no plantain farm; some people call them internet farmers,they lift pictures of farms from the internet to deceive people.

2.Get practical training from successful farmers.

3.Be a learner all the time.learn from mistakes,have a mentor who is a successful farmer.

more to come...stay connected
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
What a great day!
9days countdown to 2015...Better year ahead
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
Believe you can succeed and you will
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2014
A follower ask this question and below are the answers.i hope this help plantain farmers and intending farmers.
stint:

Thanks for your prompt responce. My farm is located in a farm settlement in osun state. It was late september when i pla6nted, 26th. I know its a bit late but was encouraged by neighbour farms who were still planting at that time. I planted 1600 suckers on approximately 3acres leaving like 2acres empty. I have never wattered it. I went to inspect it recently and found that it need weeding. Some did well while some didnt. But i need to weed so i can more accurately observe the plants. My location is lagos. Its just funds that has really kept me away. I cant afford a well right now. Cost of weeding is not high in my location. 15K will do it. I just think its best that the first weeding is best done manually. Or u thinki it makes no difference if i use herbicodes ?

It actually depends on how experience and good workers you have in applying herbicides.
If they dont know how to apply herbicides,manual weeding will.be preferable.

Herbicide apllication is cheaper,with good results.

I will highlight some.mistakes you have made on this plantain farm and how to correct them.

First of all,the quantities of plantain you planted was not enough for the 3acres you planted, about 3000 suckers are to planted on that 3 acres.

Another mistake you did was the type of suckers you planted.You actually planted the wrong type of sucker. (the reason some of the suckers does not grow)

On this thread,i have shown you the better kind of suckers to make use of in planting

If the better suckers have been planted,i am.very sure that even with no rainfall, your suckers will still grow and look very healthy ( although the growth rate might not be like when there is rainfall)

I have seen a lot of poor,-growing suckers being advertised by people who claim to.be plantain farmers in this agric section.Beware,next time you are.buying,buy the good suckers.

Even in rainy season,if you make use of poor suckers,some will.not grow ( the cost implication of any of your suckers not growing is that the money you pay for a sucker and the cost of transportation on the sucker is a waste which will eventually affect your revenue).

For instance you use #100,000 to procure 1000 suckers meaning that #100 was used to procure 1sucker and your transportation.cost for the suckers is #100,000 meaning that cost of transporting 1 suckers was #100

Now if a sucker fail to grow,that means you have began to make loss.

You lose about #200 on a sucker.(#100 for procuring and #100 for transporting it)

if 10% of the suckers(100 suckers) fails to grow,then you have lost #20,000 already.

There is nothing you can do about the farm,just wait till February when rain is expected to start.

I am taking my time to.show you how and why many farmers have started making loss even before the harvest time.

Please update me on the status of your farm.
you can post the pictures whenever you are on the farm. i am.very much interested and will offer free services for you and hopefully the farm will pick up and be very profitable.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2014
I want to use this medium to thank everybody that have made this thread and agric section vibrant this year....people who follow my threads,those who add their input on my threads, those who contribute meaningfully to this threads.

Let make 2015 more informative,more fun.filled,more constructive cruticism and more vibrant.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by stint(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
A follower ask this question and below are the answers.i hope this help plantain farmers and intending farmers.

It actually depends on how experience and good workers you have in applying herbicides.
If they dont know how to apply herbicides,manual weeding will.be preferable.

Herbicide apllication is cheaper,with good results.

I will highlight some.mistakes you have made on this plantain farm and how to correct them.

First of all,the quantities of plantain you planted was not enough for the 3acres you planted, about 3000 suckers are to planted on that 3 acres.

Another mistake you did was the type of suckers you planted.You actually planted the wrong type of sucker. (the reason some of the suckers does not grow)

On this thread,i have shown you the better kind of suckers to make use of in planting

If the better suckers have been planted,i am.very sure that even with no rainfall, your suckers will still grow and look very healthy ( although the growth rate might not be like when there is rainfall)

I have seen a lot of poor,-growing suckers being advertised by people who claim to.be plantain farmers in this agric section.Beware,next time you are.buying,buy the good suckers.

Even in rainy season,if you make use of poor suckers,some will.not grow ( the cost implication of any of your suckers not growing is that the money you pay for a sucker and the cost of transportation on the sucker is a waste which will eventually affect your revenue).

For instance you use #100,000 to procure 1000 suckers meaning that #100 was used to procure 1sucker and your transportation.cost for the suckers is #100,000 meaning that cost of transporting 1 suckers was #100

Now if a sucker fail to grow,that means you have began to make loss.

You lose about #200 on a sucker.(#100 for procuring and #100 for transporting it)

if 10% of the suckers(100 suckers) fails to grow,then you have lost #20,000 already.

There is nothing you can do about the farm,just wait till February when rain is expected to start.

I am taking my time to.show you how and why many farmers have started making loss even before the harvest time.

Please update me on the status of your farm.
you can post the pictures whenever you are on the farm. i am.very much interested and will offer free services for you and hopefully the farm will pick up and be very profitable.

Thanks a lot for your reeponce. I really appreciate ill try to post pictures when i go for weeding this month or in January.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2014
stint:

Thanks a lot for your reeponce. I really appreciate ill try to post pictures when i go for weeding this month or in January.
You are welcome.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
I want to use this medium to thank everybody that have made this thread and agric section vibrant this year....people who follow my threads,those who add their input on my threads, those who contribute meaningfully to this threads.

Let make 2015 more informative,more fun.filled,more constructive cruticism and more vibrant.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
We find it difficult to say am sorry because of our arrogant and pride in us but it created good atmosphere if we can say am sorry it prolong friendship check yourself anybody you hold grudges against as this year is passing make your correction.

merry Christmas
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
Do Agric....Create wealth
The time is now to start in agricbusiness.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:37am On Dec 25, 2014
Happy christmas to my brothers and sisters all over Nigeria and beyond on this day.

God bless you all.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2014
I want to.use this moment to thank the people that added me as their follower on this platform,

I promise that i will bring you the latest and the best information,latest technology and techniques in the world of agriculture and together we can make agric business more profitable and create enormous wealth.

Merry christmas and Happy new year in.advance.

Delatoriaa(f):
koolsammie(m)
niyiduke01(m)
zemaye:
judx(m),
johncuppa(m),
geezzzyy(m),
loneytunes(m),
miccheck58:
Emmaloh,
Nafizzey(m),
Adesiji77,
victoryerons(m),
DrTeeee(m):
bluehorizo(m):
phayee(m)
Abbey1987:
karadjorje
walata2011(m):
ogaAK(m)
Haishophem(m):
Kingslaw(m):
Terrie23:
josPlateau(m)
5p1naz(m):
shdemidemi(m):
Samlo88:
sampark201:
iamord(m):
nolongtin(m):
harbibi:
ejiboy1(m)
waka2:
baldeagle
ghettodreamz(m):
aog
coccinella1888:
PapiDShipCapt(m):
LagosBoi2(m):
Bhurlagy(m):
Geometrix(m):
lookooman(m):
tope777(m):
lanre2009:
MarvelJ
waxingmoon:
miniziter:
lawsbanks
TAJIBADE:
pdf90:
CyreB:
Bobbyjay001(m):
bennyzer(m):
ADEBOSUN(m):
bamzz:
Ghost01(m):
Breeze5000
myads890(m):
Mettal(m):
toluleke(m)

1 Like

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry christmas to all the contributors on this thread and on the agric section.
Lets make 2015 a great and more informative.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
What a fun-filled day!
Thanks to y'all

join me on my plantain thread as i unveil more hidden truth about plantain that you will not hear anywhere.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
I believe very much in integrity in business,if your integrity are questionable,then you should.not be in business.

A Business where you make huge profit at the expense of customers is totally unfair and should be discourage by all means.

I believe if you dont know much about something,you need to be open to your customers,you cannot be a jack of all trade and be successful in agricbusiness.

How can a person know all about the production and marketing of cassava,oilpalm,plantain,pepper,tomato, and moringa products.

Since i have started a new thread on plantain, I have actually being receiving threats from some people who claim to be plantain farmers that i am spoiling business for them because i expose the hidden truth about plantain business that they fail to tell their clients.

Even if it means paying the highest price.
Agriculture is my life and my life is forever dedicated to agriculture and i will continue to give out more relevant practical information.needed to help more people succeed in this business.

Please stay tuned as i open up to you on more hidden truths of plantain.business that they fail to tell you
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
Do more research before you commit your hard earned money to people who claim that they are farmers and at the end of the day fail to achieve result especially people

Find out and visit their farms,inquire about how many successful farm have they set-up and manage to make PROFIT and change the level of the farmers with real and solid proof.

Many of them are around and many will come in the name of being the experienced consultant to rob you of your hard-earned money in 2015.
BEWARE.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:50am On Dec 26, 2014
2015 is around the corner, get smart with your hard-earned money.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
If you want to get ahead in agribusiness in 2015, get acquainted and learn only from successful people.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Although plantain cultivation is expensive, I will be talking about how to you can cut your cost and still make good profit later in the day.

....Stay connected
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
Do more research before you commit your
hard earned money to people who claim that
they are farmers and at the end of the day fail
to achieve result especially people
Find out and visit their farms,inquire about
how many successful farm have they set-up
and manage to make PROFIT and change the
level of the farmers with real and solid proof.
Many of them are around and many will
come in the name of being the experienced
consultant to rob you of your hard-earned
money in 2015.
BEWARE
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:38am On Dec 27, 2014
If your plantain yield is not like the one in the picture,you will be selling below average market price and loss is at the corner.

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Without optimistic attitude,we cant forge
forward as a nation and as individuals.
Positive disposition to your goals with action is
the way to success in agribusiness.
Be positive.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2014
Its not over until the year is over.
The end of the year can be the best of the year for you.

Be positive.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Get all your questions answered on plantain on my plantain thread.follow me there.
Evicsholar:
Just stumbled on this thread. My mum has a plantain farm. 400 suckers was planted on an acre last yr dec. and a well was dug because the land is kindda a dry land. But after a yr,(i.e this month) we found nt up to twenty suckers n the ones we saw didnt grow at all although i dont knw about the watering and weeding process. Wot advice do you have. Thanks
The type of suckers your mum used was the problem, i hope you have gone through this thread to know the correct type of suckers to make use of.
If you can post the pictures,i will have been able to see and advice better.
Its either the plantain farm was replanted with new suckers or if the suckers from the parent plantain can as well be used.
you can post pictures if you have them.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Jesusbaby6(f): 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
If your plantain yield is not like the one in the picture,you will be selling below average market price and loss is at the corner.

this looks like banana to me or is there plantain that comes out like this
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
I will be talking about double bunch plantain today.
Some years ago, double bunch plantain was the thing in the agricultural world.
You trust Nigeria plantain farmers,they all order for the suckers and before they know what was happen, it was late.

Lesson To Learn: Before you rush to buy a new improved suckers, you must wait for at least 12 months and see the result from other farms before you buy any new variety.

These pictures was taken about 8months after planting from one of the plantain farm i set-up.
The other picture is the yield of the double bunch variety. It has a low yield compare to the other single bunch variety.
Get the good sucker variety to have a good yield.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Total Cost Required To Start A New Poultry Farm(pics) / See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm / How To Grow Date Palm [dabino] In Your Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.