Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note (70216 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note / New N100 Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by erico2k2(m): 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
kmariko:

Sir, there is a difference between points and sides. . No the Jewish symbol has six tipped points not sides. You can connect the points to create sides.
Secondly in politics perception is all. If the Muslims perceive that it is Jewish in nature please kindly remove. Our unity matters much more than the middle eastern wahala.

Thanks
Look my friend don't patronize me, I know what I said up there read it again and stop trying to shift the goal post in the middle of the match, I used the word sides and also used the word sharp edges which you are choosing for reasons best known to you to deviate from.just admit it gad damn it you made a mistake end of you now learnt something new.lets move on.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by kmariko: 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
CapitalK:

This is not even the star of David. It looks more like an Arewa symbol to me.

Ma'am remember your perception is your reality.
It might seem arewa to you which is okay because it does nothing for you. But what about the Arewa Muslim that perceives differently. His/her opinion also counts
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Herrmes: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
Can we all see the depth of division and religious cynicism Jonathan has entrenched in this country??

Jonathan has caused such huge trauma to the
Nigerian psyche its gonna take eons to heal!!
These were things that pre-date this
administration but were totally inconsequential
in the scheme of things. In all honesty, I NEVER NOTICED these Arabic inscriptions on the notes until people started talking about them. The gist took its root from Jonathanians' unfounded allegation of a sinister plot to "islamise" the country, a rhetoric aimed at mopping up support from Christian voters and increase their scepticism towards any non-christian contender for president.

We've had leaders of both faiths before
Jonathan, NO ONE ever talked about things like
these, now, they've become the only things
talked about simply because we landed
ourselves a president too naiive to understand
that politics and religion are two volatile
elements that shouldn't be mixed!!

Jonathan came in and has done every single
thing infuse into every Nigerian the
consciousness of the difference between a
Northerner and a Southerner, a Christian
and a Muslim, an Igbo man and a Hausa or
Yoruba man!!

He has NEVER DONE ANYTHING
to make Nigerians see the ties that bind them!!

This is Jonathan's LEGACY!!

Woe unto anyone who supports the continuation of such glaring disaster!!
And you are?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by kmariko: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
erico2k2:

Look my friend don't patronize me, I know what I said up there read it again and stop trying to shift the goal post in the middle of the match, I used the word sides and also used the word sharp edges which you are choosing for reasons best known to you to deviate from.just admit it gad damn it you made a mistake end of you now learnt something new.lets move on.

I apologize if I sound patronizing, not my intention. But that Jewish symbol is not a hexagon. Choose another definition... Its called the star of David..Not hexagon of David.
Back to the topic. It costs the government nothing and everything to protect the unity of the country. Last I checked Muslims are part and parcel of the nations fabric. If they perceive the symbol to be Jewish just remove it period. Afterall we are a secular multi religious nation.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Ethereal0110(f): 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
hmmmm....., it's alright
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Guyman02: 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
I hope they wont start burning places of worship because of this wrongly defined Jewish symbol by MURIC.
Last time somebody drew a cartoon of Mohammed in Denmark and several people were killed in Northern Nigeria in protest.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by kennedyugo: 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
That is not even a Jewish symbol. Jewish symbol is composed of 2 triangles but this one is two quadrilaterals.

why the fuss?
Arabic is not even an official language in Nigeria. so why must it be present on our money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by meforyou1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
that's a security feature on the naira note. that prof must be very dumb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by CapitalK(f): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
kmariko:

Ma'am remember your perception is your reality.
It might seem arewa to you which is okay because it does nothing for you. But what about the Arewa Muslim that perceives differently. His/her opinion also counts

This is why it is very important to put another person's perception into consideration. Arabic has been on these notes for ages, nobody made a fuss. Is it now fair to turn what was intended to be a currency note celebrating 100 years of Nigerian parts uniting into a cause for disunity and fights ?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by fr3do(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
The star of david is two triangles merged together having 6 vertices but whats on the note is two squares having 8 vertices.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by teeghurl(f): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
calebo101:
Scallywags

When e reach all this kind matter we go see Muslim body

When na bokoharam issue, dem go quiet..

Nor be una fault anyway. But if situations like this can actually lead to break up of this useless marriage.... So be it!

lol, truly a useless marriage grin

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by meforyou1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
wasiudvd:
MURIC and people commenting here are birds of the same feather. all fanatics.
I expect people to condemn MURIC, and still ask what the symbol signifies? Why the symbol?
This country is close to boiling point.
it is a security feature. the bangle sketched in it is one old means of exchange in this country.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Proffdada: 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
that's the way they condemned Chevrolet cars because the symbol looks like cross

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by erico2k2(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
kmariko:

I apologize if I sound patronizing, not my intention. But that Jewish symbol is not a hexagon. Choose another definition... Its called the star of David..Not hexagon of David.
Back to the topic. It costs the government nothing and everything to protect the unity of the country. Last I checked Muslims are part and parcel of the nations fabric. If they perceive the symbol to be Jewish just remove it period. Afterall we are a secular multi religious nation.

You dnt get it do U?.what I meant was that the jewish star ie Star of David has 6 points hence its shape is hexagon the one of the Naira is totaly diff 2 points more octagon.its a star of no religion or tribe.its a simple water mark.People like U will see faults where there aint.even if it was a circle U will complain still.even if it was a triangle u will complain.Now let me say this.that shiny shape is watermerked which we must have to protect the security of the note from forgery in what shape would U preffer since it must have a shape?The Uk have foto of Charles Dowin on its 10 pound note.do U know he was sent to prison for laws of evolution by the then xtians?.Till date do xtians believe in Evolution?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by fr3do(m): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
CapitalK:

This is why it is very important to put another person's perception into consideration. Arabic has been on these notes for ages, nobody made a fuss. Is it now fair to turn what was intended to be a currency note celebrating 100 years of Nigerian parts uniting into a cause for disunity and fights ?

gbam!
Plain arabic was and is still on our note, no one made a sound but Northern muslims are already crying foul for what they PERCIEVE to be a jewish symbol.
Religious fanatism has made them forget geometry, is it that they cant differenciate two quadrilaterals from two triangles?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by seguntijan(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
Looking @ it critically it shows an illuminati sign and this is the 666 the christains do talk about, I think this shouldn't be the muslims fight alone, the christains also has to call for explanation from the government.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by makzeze: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
It seems GEJ is clearly promoting anti-islam and pro-jewish agenda. #voteGEJout

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
calebo101:
Scallywags

When e reach all this kind matter we go see Muslim body

When na bokoharam issue, dem go quiet..

Nor be una fault anyway. But if situations like this can actually lead to break up of this useless marriage.... So be it!

The division of Nigeria is beginning to look appealing.
We are not a nation at all.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
How come our unity, as per religious harmony, was never dented over the contents of the naira bills until Jonathan came on board?? Or were all our past leaders blind?? Is Jonathan smarter than any of them??

I repeat, all that never meant anything to anyone until recently when the promoters of the Jonathan candidacy made it an issue. He quickly rushed to deliver their desire.

Some criminals in the Niger Delta have been busy threatening fire and brimstone over an installation that could potentially generate some much needed employment for some Nigerians, EPZ, simply because of its naming. The facility hasn't been commissioned to this day. What actions has Jonathan taken against them
What manner of useless double standards is this??

SSS raided APC's Data centre in Lagos commando style, over some anonymous tip off that whatsoever was going on. The presidency no doubt sanctioned that action. The House of Reps was locked down by the Nigerian police over some "intelligence report" that members were planing to bring "hoodlums" into the premises, no problem. A renown lawyer has petitioned the IGP, the Attorney General, and indeed, the president, over a direct threat to his life and those of others by Tompolo, the whole world has seen the petition, yet not a single action has been taken by the authorities to bring him to book!! What manner of double standard is that?? Are they waiting for a "tip off", or an "intelligence report" from someone other than the recipient of the threats

This country is being guided into a state of nature by the second and everything legitimate must be done to arrest the drift. One of such is standing against all this failed government and the masterminds of this drift represent. They MUST be voted out.
like I did say earlier, am not a fan of GEJ but only reiterated the fact that English is our lingua franca and must be used alone on issues of national discuss or importance. I see no reason why a language understood only by a segment of the population should be included in our national currency. Those Arabic words or whatsoever can also be written in English. If we can translate every other language to English, I see no reason why that Arabic stuff shouldn't be translated to English.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Precide(m): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
So u felt it was normal when all d years there have been islamic symbols on our currency notes abi? So una wan vex when its d jewish time abi? Go take time oo. Before i start sharing ur blood in borno

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
How come our unity, as per religious harmony, was never dented over the contents of the naira bills until Jonathan came on board?? Or were all our past leaders blind?? Is Jonathan smarter than any of them??

I repeat, all that never meant anything to anyone until recently when the promoters of the Jonathan candidacy made it an issue. He quickly rushed to deliver their desire.

Some criminals in the Niger Delta have been busy threatening fire and brimstone over an installation that could potentially generate some much needed employment for some Nigerians, EPZ, simply because of its naming. The facility hasn't been commissioned to this day. What actions has Jonathan taken against them
What manner of useless double standards is this??

SSS raided APC's Data centre in Lagos commando style, over some anonymous tip off that whatsoever was going on. The presidency no doubt sanctioned that action. The House of Reps was locked down by the Nigerian police over some "intelligence report" that members were planing to bring "hoodlums" into the premises, no problem. A renown lawyer has petitioned the IGP, the Attorney General, and indeed, the president, over a direct threat to his life and those of others by Tompolo, the whole world has seen the petition, yet not a single action has been taken by the authorities to bring him to book!! What manner of double standard is that?? Are they waiting for a "tip off", or an "intelligence report" from someone other than the recipient of the threats

This country is being guided into a state of nature by the second and everything legitimate must be done to arrest the drift. One of such is standing against all this failed government and the masterminds of this drift represent. They MUST be voted out.
like I did say earlier, am not a fan of GEJ but only reiterated the fact that English is our lingua franca and must be used alone on issues of national discuss or importance. I see no reason why a language understood only by a segment of the population should be included in our national currency. Those Arabic words or whatsoever can also be written in English. If we can translate every other language to English, I see no reason why that Arabic stuff shouldn't be translated to English.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by millionaireman: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Oliseloke:
I think this country shud just split nd everybody shud go his own way...

Sweet Crude Oil money is what holds the country together - nothing else. All the false patriots of one Nigeria and their noise about 2015 elections; it is nothing more than every major ethnic group struggling to have a stronghold in Aso Rock, in order to participate in sharing of oil revenues.

How to industrialize the country to create job for citizens is not in the books of the political noise makers. In the civilized world, how many jobs a government creates, or how many jobs a political contestant promises to create, mostly determines who the electorate vote for, but that is not applicable to Nigeria. Only industry in Nigeria is how to get Aso Rock to control oil revenues.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by hotice01: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
franciskaine:
u started well but concluded rather too childishly. Ain't trying to start a quarrel with you but just trying to air my voice on the obvious anomaly.

Thanks for your response,point noted.its just that I am so vexed that a lot of myopic individuals will make it a duty to outrightly attack anyone who oppose their believes and would go to any length to impose their will.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by omenka(m): 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
franciskaine:
Now this is really interesting. If I should take you up on that, I'd ask what Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo languages are doing on the notes. Are these the only languages in Nigeria?? Has any other tribe lifted a finger in protest to those texts

This thing is just absolutely useless if you ask me!! There is no record of anyone ever refusing to accept any of the notes during a transaction for reason of the things written on them!! Don't you understand??

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by millionaireman: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
seguntijan:
Looking @ it critically it shows an illuminati sign and this is the 666 the christains do talk about, I think this shouldn't be the muslims fight alone, the christains also has to call for explanation from the government.

Are you a fetish doctor? What is illuminati sign and what is 666 sign? You do not know that your pastor preaches nonsense to you?

There are signs of old cowries means of exchange (money) and quadrangles on that 100Naira note. Please stop reading fetish meanings to them.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by BTT(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
This is the Star of David.

I do not see this as what the learned prof is talking about. I am rather it is a security feature, but you never know with symbols!

But then, they have asked the government to explain. I hope the presidency's media team addresses this and allays the fears in the prof's quarters.

I earnestly hope they don't bungle another opportunity to shine their boss, as they are rarely wont to do.

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Sircj(m): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
ignorance gone on rampage
google should have been you guys help.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
Muslims sure has a very big problem and that's y dis BH tins is still lingering around there....u had ur own language on dat note frm independence till 2005 no body complained nw a language dats nt even that for christains but jews is what u ppls re crying and making all dis noise about...all u guys need psychiatric assistance cos u obviously tink u cul d shots in d country....make una do una worse, highest tin nah bomb; or whatelse...rubbish fellows....u pple shld be more ashamed and concerned abt BH and hw to deal with it dan makin all dis noise abt an art work cos to me that's no language, its just an art to beautify the note and it will nt be removed make una go hit una head for wall..nonsense

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
BTT:
This is the Star of David.

I do not see this as what the learned prof is talking about. I am rather it is a security feature, but you never know with symbols!

But then, they have asked the government to explain. I hope the presidency's media team addresses this and allays the fears in the prof's quarters.

I earnestly hope they don't bungle another opportunity to shine their boss, as they are rarely wont to do.
Brother no one is anwerable to them abegi....why accord dis pple soo much importance...at worse they will bomb demselve and dia town or is dia any worse dey can do??...they had dia language from 1960 to 2005....whatever d sign reads let it read and let dem cry like dey always do...we want our own full 45years...so let dem cry a river ...who fuckin cares...rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by juanmiguel: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
Star of David is made up of 2 equilateral triangles. What i can c on d note is 2 squares dat r merged. That prof should get his facts right before ranting!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by popson1st: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nigeria is such a shit. Why do we have to apply politics and religion in everything we do? Do these muslims think Nigeria is a one religion nation? The arabic language has been on our currency for a very long time but christians don't complain. What do we want in this country sef? Why didn't they condemn and assist the government in tackling terrorism? Is Boko Haram not a muslim organization? What is peace in this religions sef? Sharia law started in the North which brought about Boko Haram, no one says anything about that. I HATE RELIGION!!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by dking123: 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
Can we all see the depth of division and religious cynicism Jonathan has entrenched in this country??

Jonathan has caused such huge trauma to the
Nigerian psyche its gonna take eons to heal!!
These were things that pre-date this
administration but were totally inconsequential
in the scheme of things. In all honesty, I NEVER NOTICED these Arabic inscriptions on the notes until people started talking about them. The gist took its root from Jonathanians' unfounded allegation of a sinister plot to "islamise" the country, a rhetoric aimed at mopping up support from Christian voters and increase their scepticism towards any non-christian contender for president.

We've had leaders of both faiths before
Jonathan, NO ONE ever talked about things like
these, now, they've become the only things
talked about simply because we landed
ourselves a president too naiive to understand
that politics and religion are two volatile
elements that shouldn't be mixed!!

Jonathan came in and has done every single
thing infuse into every Nigerian the
consciousness of the difference between a
Northerner and a Southerner, a Christian
and a Muslim, an Igbo man and a Hausa or
Yoruba man!!

He has NEVER DONE ANYTHING
to make Nigerians see the ties that bind them!!

This is Jonathan's LEGACY!!

Woe unto anyone who supports the continuation of such glaring disaster!!
All this attack because GEJ is not a muslim abi? does that thing look like the star of David?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

MAKE MONEY ON UBER and TAXIFY. Download the Guide to Rideshare 3 for Free!!! / Inside Ibadan Precious Stone Market: Strabag Precious Stone International Market / "Is That A Snake On Your Hand Temi?": Femi Otedola Asks Daughter On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.