Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note (70212 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note / New N100 Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
Now this is really interesting. If I should take you up on that, I'd ask what Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo languages are doing on the notes. Are these the only languages in Nigeria?? Has any other tribe lifted a finger in protest to those texts

This thing is just absolutely useless if you ask me!! There is no record of anyone ever refusing to accept any of the notes during a transaction for reason of the things written on them!! Don't you understand??
on the surface they may seem to have little relevance to bug anyone, but on a closer scrutiny it does sends wrong messages across to the populace and to the external world. It is out of our "I don't care attitude" that made IBB out of his own volition, cheapishly joined us to OIC. Nigeria is not an Arab nation, Arabic language is not our lingua franca neither is it autochthonous to us. a multi religious state like ours shouldn't have trappings on any particular religion. I grew up as a child wondering what all these "gibberish" written on our currency meant. They av no meaning to anyone who knows nothing about them but rather creates the impression that Nigeria is a Muslim state. It's better we address issues like these now or let the bottled-up emotions explode one day. Nigeria is bigger than any religion!

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by erico2k2(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
I have a very good suggestion.everyone who dk t like this naira should burn their own as a show of protest oyah grin angry angry
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by omenka(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
franciskaine:
on the surface they may seem to have little relevance to bug anyone, but on a closer scrutiny it does sends wrong messages across to the populace and to the external world. It is out of our "I don't care attitude" that made IBB out of his own volition, cheapishly joined us to OIC. Nigeria is not an Arab nation, Arabic language is not our lingua franca neither is it autochthonous to us. a multi religious state like ours shouldn't have trappings on any particular religion.
You wrote all these without a single reference to the crux of the matter in that post. Let me call you back; what about the portion of your penultimate post I highlighted and what I said regarding it (which is the salient point in my comment). That is what I was expecting you to address.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by muiniz: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
excellence44:

i the star of david. do a proper check n see the difference.ignoramous
. Mr/Mrs I know it all. The right way to spell ignoramous is ignoramus. English language is hard am sure by now you know that sign on the naira note isn't King David's symbol. People like you see everything in this world from the illuminati view thereby hyping the group consciously or unconsciously.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by bams2999(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
yes FG we need know why..
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by AMADU77: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

$tupid article

its 2014 and still sm ppl donno d difference between Islamic star n David star !!!

good fifoo

some [size=20pt]people are lazy to read[/size] so better use [size=20pt]picture[/size]

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by swagwu(m): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
Muslims mk una go hug transformer!

since una logo dey dere we Christians didnt complain so now is our turn nd u guys are complaining....una mama dere

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by swagwu(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2014

since una logo dey dere we Christians didnt complain so now is our turn nd u guys are complaining....una mama dere.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by BetaThings: 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
drestoneokuta:
This group should focus its energy on the condemnation of boko-haram rather than this frivolous issue, people haven't died as a result of this allegations.
Did Jonathan remove the Ajami script because people died as a result of having the Ajami script on the Naira note?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
muiniz:
. Mr/Mrs I know it all. The right way to spell ignoramous is ignoramus. English language is hard am sure by now you know that sign on the naira note isn't King David's symbol. People like you see everything in this world from the illuminati view thereby hyping the group consciously or unconsciously.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2223.cfm
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by BetaThings: 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
fitzmayowa:
Nonsense...BH is killing innocent people up north, they didn't see that...Arabic inscription has been on the naira since independence no one said a thing...Hypocrites

I guess their ultimate goal is to get rid of other religion, so they can have their way...Yeye dey smell
And has Jonathan taken the battle seriously
Jonathan has more responsibility than any other person to promote unity, fight injustice and make people secure
Did he not negotiate a bogus ceasefire that presaged fresh onslaught on Nigerians

When you blame a Muslim once, you should blame the Christians 3 times because they are the one drumming islamisation, islamisation in a country where the Christians have ruled in 13 out of 16 years
And next you should blame Jonathan 10 times because he promised not to allow people to use tongue, creed etc to divide us

This is the same president who promised to worship in a different church every month
Is it his job to unit Christians? Is that not the job of CAN?

BTW he has never visited a mosque (and he is not called a fanatic, and he does not need to) but Buhari has visited churches and they still call him a fanatic

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Before commenting I already checked Google cuz marginalisation isn't gud atall
This guy must have sidelined his thinking faculty cuz
Star of David is interwoven
Pls where is d xo called star of David interwoven on the currency
Sincerely I don't know y they always like to cuz fuss whenever they perceived things about religion..before u knw it Muslims in North may start lynching Christians
Imagine him relating this to the confab
I thank God for the Muslims here In yoruba they know what right nt like those stark illiterates
Did he knw hw many top positions northern Muslims had hold And still. Holding
Just because there is no SW Muslim(s) in GEJ cabinet.. .. GEJ detest Muslims
Some idiots will stil support this agramafol's statement
War itz in there blood
Itz tym we separate then they can control their country anyhow they pleases
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by rottenegg: 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
na wah o!

New day new crap........

Abeg, I don tire for Naija.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by charming247(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
Can we all see the depth of division and religious cynicism Jonathan has entrenched in this country??

Jonathan has caused such huge trauma to the
Nigerian psyche its gonna take eons to heal!!
These were things that pre-date this
administration but were totally inconsequential
in the scheme of things. In all honesty, I NEVER NOTICED these Arabic inscriptions on the notes until people started talking about them. The gist took its root from Jonathanians' unfounded allegation of a sinister plot to "islamise" the country, a rhetoric aimed at mopping up support from Christian voters and increase their scepticism towards any non-christian contender for president.

We've had leaders of both faiths before
Jonathan, NO ONE ever talked about things like
these, now, they've become the only things
talked about simply because we landed
ourselves a president too naiive to understand
that politics and religion are two volatile
elements that shouldn't be mixed!!

Jonathan came in and has done every single
thing infuse into every Nigerian the
consciousness of the difference between a
Northerner and a Southerner, a Christian
and a Muslim, an Igbo man and a Hausa or
Yoruba man!!

He has NEVER DONE ANYTHING
to make Nigerians see the ties that bind them!!

This is Jonathan's LEGACY!!

Woe unto anyone who supports the continuation of such glaring disaster!!
you are an idiot just go and hug the biggest transformer and die, when d Arabic symbol was on that note did u complain?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by BetaThings: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
calebo101:
Scallywags

When e reach all this kind matter we go see Muslim body

When na bokoharam issue, dem go quiet..
Muslims don't own the press and Nairaland
When we condemn Boko Haram, you guys don't push up the stories; you bury them
I throw you a challenge - hang around 3 mosques on 3 Fridays and bring the tapes of the sermon
I will do the same for churches
Let us compare them and see the ones that have more messages of hate and violence
This is a challenge

BTW if just 2.5% of Muslims were members of Boko Haram, I assure you that you will be making this comment from your grave

calebo101:
Nor be una fault anyway. But if situations like this can actually lead to break up of this useless marriage.... So be it!
Break the marriage and let us see if Itsekri and Ijaw will suddenly become friends
You will see a new definition of parasites

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
muiniz:

thanks for the correction. i hope you have not made mistakes b4. research on the origin of the star of David and its link with illum
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Truckpusher(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
godofwar666:
GEJ I can't wait to vote U out, 2015 pls come nah undecided
You have only one vote ,so stop feeling like INEC tongue

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by omoiseselagba: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
erico2k2:

Go back and Re Read the History properly then come back and post you will notice Christianity came 100s of years to the south south B4 it went to lagos. Because of their geographical location the Itsekiri came into contact with Portuguese priest who accompanied Portuguese explorers in their bid to find a sea route to India in the fifteenth century. By about 1477 the first European contacts were made with Benin, and by 1555 Augustinian monks visited Warri. They were sent by Gasper, who was the bishop of the diocese of Sao Tome. One of the monks, Father Franscisco a Mater Dei, baptized the son of the Olu of Warri under the name of Sebastian.[1]
If this is the case English is not Christianity as the first Europeans to bring the Roman catholic into Nigeria where Portugal. They don't speak English till date, try and Educate yourself more when debating in matters like this get your facts right Mr. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POTUGUESE AFTER THEY STAYED A WHILE IN NIGER DELTA LAND?WHAT HAPPEN TO POTUGAL IN THERE HOME LAND?......SEE GUY,THE PORTUGUESE DIDNT SPREAD XTIANITY IN NIGERIA.TAKE THAT FACT INTO YOUR BRAIN AND UNTIL YOU ANSWER MY TWO QUESTIONS ABOVE,I REST MY CASE.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by AMADU77: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
swagwu:

since una logo dey dere we Christians didnt complain so now is our turn nd u guys are complaining....una mama dere

u r a victim of Nigerian education system

if u had minimal education level u would have know that its a fake post a $illy article to attack muslims n show that they hate everyone

the star on the 100 naira note is a Muslim star u can google it if u like

but its not ur fault anyway

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by lorddannie: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
idealsico:
Hypocrites! You see why I hate double standard. When the arabic inscriptions were criminally inserted into our currency they saw nothing wrong, even though Nigeria is multi-religious. Only one note and they are complaining. My humble suggestion: DELETE BOTH ARABIC AND JEWISH INSCRIPTIONS ON OUR CURRENCIES. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
all religious symbols, whether Christian, Jews or Islam's should removed from our currencies. I mean from all denominations. cool

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by muiniz: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
excellence44:

thanks for the correction. i hope you have not made mistakes b4. research on the origin of the star of David and its link with illum
. Sure mate I see. I admire your attitude forums like this ain't meant for insults. But I believe evil people made his crest look bad thou. I rest my case.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by boleswagg: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
May God punish all these worshippers of Lilith the rock demon of Arabia.

For years we have had that Mohammed d1k scribble all over our currency.

God punish Mohammed the schizoid r@pist armed robber.

Do you know why Muslim men bend down and p1ss and then wash their abuna?

It is becos mohammed suffered and later died of chronic gonorrhea.

Apparently, he could not bear the pain of standing and p1ssing and the ritual of washing his d1k as examplified by his useless dumb followers down the line was to wash off the puss.

You don't believe me? Then ask why Muslims in the absence of water are required to do like their fake diseased mad prophet and use a wooden stick to rub their penile head. Obviously this was to scrape off any residual pus discharge.

Useless religion by a theiving fake prophet from the most useless people ever to grace the earth.
Phuck Mohammed
Phuck allah shaitan
And Phuck all useless Arabs and their slave ab0kis
You've made the huggest mistake of your life, I can only say may almighty Allah forgive you cos Only him can jugde you now. You should have just sleep boy! Peace
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by KLand(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Attention seeker. Period.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by EHoudini: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
These b.sta.ds nag about every thing. I don tire. Isis, bh, al quaeda, al shibad on and on. Your guys are robbing sh.t on faces of d rest of us! We had arabic for 50+ yrs, for a change we can have jewish. In another 50+ we can think of ghanian or togolese symbols and nomenclatures. Soon prof ishaq (or is it i_sh.t?) And his coort will begin to bomb because a simple symbol whose authenticity i found doubtful. You guys too much in too much blood. For the love of God, enough of these nonsense. Havent u had enough blood? Thunder fire u
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by lumeneng22: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
Who has been the one explaining the Arabic inscriptions on other notes to Christians? Why are these munic complaining? Because boko haram has not been able to penetrate aso rock they are complaining of isrealis security, na today Nigeria started using is real is security? Abacha govt used them, Yar adua govt used them, Abdusalam Abubakarr used them, Babangida govt used them and is still using them in his minna mountain top villa. Another question arising from this complaint is that munic is calling on Muslims to remain calm, have they been calm all these while? How many times have munic call on their arm of boko haram to be calm?

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by knowledgeable: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
Can we all see the depth of division and religious cynicism Jonathan has entrenched in this country??

in the scheme of things. In all honesty, I NEVER NOTICED these Arabic inscriptions on the notes until people started talking about them. The gist took its root from Jonathanians' unfounded allegation of a sinister plot to "islamise" the country, a rhetoric aimed at mopping up support from Christian voters and increase their scepticism towards any non-christian contender for president.

Yoruba man!!

My friend, your thinking and logic are completely warped. If this is truly the star of David as being alleged, then, it is a very welcoming development. It means that we've entered a new phase of balancing and equalizing. I will suggest he encourage the Nigerian Christians to introduce cannon laws in all Christian state so as to balance and equalize sharia laws. He can also take Nigeria into any affiliate of global Jewish or Christian organizations. # of muslin head of State, presidents and the total duration of their stay should be balance out with Christians also. # of oil wells, fedral scholarships. The lists goes on and on. Their must be a new Nigeria or nothing. To be honest, I don't like like his style of leadership but I will vote for him because he symbolizes equity and fairness, and more also the destruction of born to rule mentality embed in the sychic of housa/fulani which expresses it self in the culture of impunity. Bro, if this balancing and equalizing stop, be less assured their will be no end to fulani herdsmen killing and burning towns or boko haram etc...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by ransomed: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
Remove boko haram language from all naira notes. Do you know why Nigeria army cannot easily defeat boko haram? They use the same language to write their motto.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by tonte(m): 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
seriously a group of people raise an issue (a very unnecessary one though) and the first and only person you can think of is Jonathan...can you say how exactly he's the cause of making a muslim body identify a symbol on the naira note?
it's people like you who won't wast time to blame Jonathan if you wake up in the morning without an early morning erection, or you may even want to blame Jonathan for Global warming...smfh

omenka:

Yoruba man!!

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by lastpage: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
wazoboy:
That symbol on the note is an arewa symbol, as shown below, its just that some part of it is faded! I think that muslim prof is a nimcompoop!

Muslim Prof!:
“MURIC recalls that Arabic inscriptions which have always been on Nigerian currency since independence were unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations. They remained on N100, N200, N500 and N1,000 denominations.
This dunce of a Prof should get busy!
Did you just acknowledge that the 'highest denominations' of our currency has your Arabic inscriptions on it, since independence?
Why did you not cry foul then, knowing that Nigeria is a secular country and not an "Arabic" country?
Now that something different is there, you are shouting on top of the roof!

Muslim Prof!:
“Nigerian Muslims regard the latest action, namely, the supplanting of Arabic with Jewish symbol from the new N100 as a continuation of the campaign of elimination by substitution against Arabic language and, by implication, against Nigerian Muslims.

“It is well known that a large section of the Nigerian population use the Arabic Ajami and removing it from the new note will deprive millions of users of the Arabic Ajami of the ability to recognise, identify and use the new currency.

“Furthermore, putting the Jewish symbol on the new N100 falls short of international standard, as currencies worldwide are designed to suit each nation’s culture and history.

“Where does the Jewish symbol fit in? Which Nigerian community speaks the Jewish language? The insertion of the Jewish symbol is, therefore, clannish and parochial. It is tainted with undisguised religious fanaticism.

This shameless Prof needs to be flogged publicly as he seems to have lost his senses!
Is Nigeria and Arab country? Why must we have "Arabic wordings" on our currency when according to you, currencies should represent national cultures and values?

As someone has pointed out, that symbol this blind Prof is refering to, is definitely not the Jewish Star.
Infact, maybe we should remove all the stars in the sky since we dont like whatever looks like a Jewish star!

Even if the inscription was a star, who gave "all' stars to Jews or Israel?
Moreover, why not ask Jonathan to remove all the Arabic inscription on our money first, so that you can be justified in calling for the removal of the "star"?

When does the Kettle started calling the Pot "Black"?

Mind you, l dont like the Jews/Israelis one bit, they practice parthied, they are muderous and genocidal, they are inhuman and adept at lying brazen-faced but then, l dont also like it when some jobless Muslim Prof is trying to incite religious animosity in such a brainless manner.

Before tomorrow now, some Almanjiri will start cuttimg people's throat claiming he is fighting to get "Allah's handwriting" back on our Niara note! shocked shocked

Abeggi o, Boko Haram is still a big nuisance, dont add Maitasine to it.

Lastpage!

BTW: When Lawmakers in the North voted not to extend the Emergency rule, they knew Jonathan wanted to use that as an excusenot to conduct elections in those areas .... which would give him a better advantage, being a catchment area for Buhari.
On the other hand, Jonathan has deliberately ensured that the crisis in the North lingers-on by taking half measures on just looking-on at most times.... knowing that if they refuse to extend the emergency rule, he will simply withdraw the soldiers (which he just did) and give Boko Haram a free hand to slaughter the people more.

Either way, Jonathan is a wicked and selfish fella. You dont use people's lives to gamble and play politics.
That is very ugly!
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Forwetinnah: 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
fitzmayowa:
Nonsense...BH is killing innocent people up north, they didn't see that...Arabic inscription has been on the naira since independence no one said a thing...Hypocrites

I guess their ultimate goal is to get rid of other religion, so they can have their way...Yeye dey smell

Their sickness no get cure or treatment aswear!!
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by oluxy(m): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Some group are just too religious to the extend that; they will end up in HELL. Aljanor so to say.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by homesteady(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Where is Marylin Ogar and her SSS people when you need them the most!
this man should be arrested for inciting violence with false senseless news!

if I were the VC of his school, I'll sack him immediately!
Shameless stuppid idioticc man!

Omenka or wetin be your name sef undecided untorr tongue tongue grin I'm sure you have received the bashing of your life on this thread gringrin
this is just an eye opener on how you are, you don't have knowledge of anything you are saying. You are just an empty drum who collects garbage and throws it out without processing it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

MAKE MONEY ON UBER and TAXIFY. Download the Guide to Rideshare 3 for Free!!! / Inside Ibadan Precious Stone Market: Strabag Precious Stone International Market / "Is That A Snake On Your Hand Temi?": Femi Otedola Asks Daughter On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.