Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning (7390 Views)

Policemen Push Patrol Van To Start In Lagos (Photos) / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign / A Soldier Killed This Boy In Benin City this morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RedHotChic(f): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2008
@RedhotChic

What do you mean by this comments. let the various state goverments TAX igbos more to sustain their various citizens.That is how it is done in america unless the igbos do not want peace in their lives.You can't be living i plenty while your neighbour is hungry because a hungry man is an angryman

It means what it says. If majority of igbos are living in your town and they make up about 70% of high income earners and most of the citizens from that town are living in penury, wont you devise that method as a governor?. It will definitely affect some of your citizens but its still the rich upper class and the good thing is that the money realized from it can be used to sustain the jobless poor among them.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by asha80(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2008
@RedhotChic

Who told you that igbo traders wherever they reside do not pay taxes?is it the igbo man's fault that these people are not hard hardworking?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2008
Dont mind her, as long as its about igbos, any form of mundane reasoning can come in. Imagine that kind of comment?

Sooo Lazy and hatefulll,
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by ikeyman00(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2008
very funi human being hot chic for where
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by savanaha: 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2008
RedHotChic:

They either shut the hell up or do something about it by financing the host communities effectively. Igbo traders as rich as they are can afford to sponsor college fees for 50 indigenes and so on, that way it will reduce the bad belle effect and allow them do their business normally. You think the white man is a fool for paying huge taxes to sustain the poor among them?

So sponsoring people to get an education (societally accepted as upward mobility mechanism) is not as important as basically bribing the government to get people to not act barbaric. Good idea! The white man and the poor among them don't work like that. The white man is not afraid the poor who don't want to advance will chop them up or burn them for not bribing. Everyone pays taxes not just the rich or those willing to work. The whites pay taxes as does the black, asian and whomever works or lives. But maybe some one somewhere might think your advice makes sense.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2008
Sponsoring them as if anyone stops them from making their own money.

Whose fault is it that they lacked all the wit required to reason intelligently and make money in their own land.

Look for something else to say. Something more vulgar and explicit. I know you must be itching to say something like 'kill all the nyamiris!' , sad
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by tpia: 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2008
RedHotChic:

When i talk now, they say I hate northerners but how will a country work when you are trying so hard to reason with a bunch of people that has an IQ similar to that of  a cow?. I am not mad at anybody but Lord Lugard that amalgamated Northern and southern Nigeria. At this point time, there seems to be no solution to this mayhem and only secession can solve it.

Those claiming the ibos are the worst hit should shut up because plenty yorubas, efiks etc are affected too. The ibos seems to get the raw end of the deal most times because:
1) They are largely christian and the perpetrators of this crime know that they have more chances of nailing a christian by killing an ibo than a yoruba who may be their fellow jihadist.

2) A lot of Efiks, Urhobos, Ijaws and ibibios are easily mistaken for igbo. I am guilty of that too.

3) Igbos have a lot of trading business and the success that follow may be an attraction for these hungry northerners who will gain from looting their properties physically and emotionally inflicting pain on them so that they feel what they are going through everyday. i think its time for these successful igbo traders to pump more money into their host community, try and energize the youths towards doing something fruitful with their lives besides almajiri. That way, they will have less touts roaming the streets of the north otherwise, I am afraid it will remain this way OR let the various state govts TAX igbos more to sustain their jobless citizens. That is how its done in America unless the igbos don't want peace in their lives. You can't be living in plenty while your neighbour is hungry because a hungry man is an angry man. O pari.

you hate the northerners for your own personal reasons. Nothing to do with Nigeria which you know very little about anyway.

The various states cannot tax Igbos more and neither does America do what you're saying here.  Taxation is based on income, not tribe, and no tribe needs to be singled out for extra taxation just because they're assumed to be rich. Assumptions can lead to foolish conclusions when they're baseless.

They are largely christian and the perpetrators of this crime know that they have more chances of nailing a christian by killing an ibo than a yoruba who may be their fellow jihadist.

what part of Yoruba muslims also get murdered do you not understand?

Nigerians use religion as a cover for their deep tribal prejudices, so this isnt necessarily a Christian vs Muslim issue.

The Plateau region is known for sporadic lawlessness of this nature even though the area is supposed to be peaceful. And most times the fighting tends to be between different villages or tribes killing each other.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RedHotChic(f): 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2008
@RedhotChic

Who told you that igbo traders wherever they reside do not pay taxes?is it the igbo man's fault that these people are not hard hardworking?

I never said they dont pay taxes[at least some of them do but not all]. I said they should be made to pay double or even triple of what others are paying because taxes should be according to what you earn.

If these igbo traders pay adequate taxes, the money they generate from the taxes can be used to rehabilitate these area boys. Instead, igbo traders are closed to themselves, they share the secrets behind their success alone. Look at the movie business? They guard it jealously, make millions out of it somehow but will never allow any foreign interference when those foreigners/non igbos are their main consumers. Its christmas time now and you will see them painting the town red in hummers and Cadillacs but will never sow in the land that helped them make it. If you are blessed by God, the least you can do is water the ground where you were blessed.

You think these guys love being almajiris and touts? Some of them are that b/c they cant afford to do any other thing and dont tell me its hard work because a barrow pusher is also working hard but You and I know what they make from their hard work.

The so called Northern elites are not reachable, they use the poor masses for ethnic politics, dump them when they get there so whom do you think the poor masses can easily vent their anger on?. If they have their way, they can still attack their elites but the elites are so sophisticated that they are inaccessible.

Understand the economics behind my suggestion, its not tribalism but a social thing. If the taxes are doubled for high income earners, it will not affect only igbos but others that are doing well like them. If you guys were supporting Obama during his election, why have a problem with this policy all of a sudden?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RedHotChic(f): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2008

The various states cannot tax Igbos more and neither does America do what you're saying here. Taxation is based on income, not tribe, and no tribe needs to be singled out for extra taxation just because they're assumed to be rich. Assumptions can lead to foolish conclusions when they're baseless.

Stupidity is a disease. If you cannot read and comprehend, why write at all. I thought I've told you to get off my case?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by tpia: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2008
I said they should be made to pay double or even triple of what others are paying because taxes should be according to what you earn.

its not by force to post. Waka pass if you have nothing intelligent to say. Or park yourself in the romance section.

No, Igbos should not be made to pay triple or double of what others are paying. taxation is NOT based on tribe.

if you have nothing useful to contribute, please post elsewhere.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by asha80(m): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2008
chineke kpo ha na ile oku idiots angry
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by tpia: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2008
RedHotChic:

Stupidity is a disease. If you cannot read and comprehend, why write at all. I thought I've told you to get off my case?

were you forced to post on this thread?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2008
She cant even differentiate between 'paying adequately' and being made to 'pay double or triple'.

Tax should be as you earn with reference to where you are coming from, thats what she is implying.

Yet she want people to get off her case,

Probably to allow her continue with her rantings that has so far lacked any form of cohesion,
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by asha80(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2008
This RedHotChic personality is a joke grin
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RibaduFan(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2008
Thank God, this whole discussion is virtual, otherwise, the casulty would have moved from 4 to 44.

I think the government needs to do more in terms of security generally in the country. If the Nigerian Police were up to speed in the carrying out of its duties, am so sure occurence like this wouldnt as rampant as they currently are.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2008
again no igbo man will conduct money making seminar that your are anxiously expecting,

thats because you cant learn anything from such things,

you cant learn it because its not in you,

its just like,  a goat cannot learn how to hunt an antelope,

it is not a goat thing to hunt an antelope!

dont you just get it?!!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RibaduFan(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2008
Quotesyst, Onye

It hasnt even been established that the attacks were against Igbos. I dont know y u re wishing evil on the peace loving Ndi Igbos in Jos. It could have been xtain Jos men against Muslim Hausas. I really really u guys are becoming paranoid.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by ikeyman00(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2008
some pipu just de  talk

alot of igbo buzness and properties is on fire as we speak

igbo must and always out-shine all yall bastards

time shall tell

redhot fool make sure u and ur crones pay more and dues to ur alaye boyz
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by shotster50(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2008
@ yemmyse ,

It has been confirmed, their shops and houses are burning as we speak.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Ellyptical: 12:19am On Nov 29, 2008
L+G
One thing gladdens my heart - the similarity between the Igbos and the Jews. I'll tell you guys at the end why it gladdens my heart.
Speaking of these similarities:-
Economic/Financial Dominance - Jews were the richest and most envied before Hitler and his men decided to wipe them out and seize/destroy all ther belongings
Natural Business Acumen - The Jews (like the Igbos) control the economies of their immediate environment)
Intelligence/Technological aptitude
Hatred/Envy By Neighbors
Oppression/Enslavement - The jews were enslaved/oppressed in several places (germany, spain) like the Igbos are being oppressed now.
But finally . . . . . . .
Freedom! A state of theirs called Israel - A state of ours called Biafra! -That's what gladdens my heart!

The God of the Jews will never leave Biafrans!
Whether you all like it or not, Igbos are destined to be great because we are Jews! Nothing can stop it. Its the Jewish blood in us working.
Thats why we understand wealth and success to the envy of our neighbors.
Obrigado
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by asha80(m): 12:34am On Nov 29, 2008
@Ellyptical

abeg you dey invite igbo bashing here
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Ellyptical: 1:09am On Nov 29, 2008
Well
Bashing for those who don't study their historic links.
For me, I do.
Don't those similarities there look too similar to be coincidental?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2008
Civilian Casualties number in the double digits now: 11 cry
When will we learn?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by savanaha: 1:13am On Nov 29, 2008
asha 80:

This RedHotChic personality is a joke grin
best of all
onye_ngbu:

again no igbo man will conduct money making seminar that your are anxiously expecting,

thats because you can't learn anything from such things,

you can't learn it because its not in you,

its just like,  a goat cannot learn how to hunt an antelope,

it is not a goat thing to hunt an antelope!

don't you just get it?!!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by shotster50(m): 1:28am On Nov 29, 2008
Redhotchic, honestly I think your logic is twisted.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by inquisitiv: 1:56am On Nov 29, 2008
i am ashamed of everybody who has turned this thread into an ethnic issue, we are complaining about the leaders yet we are doing exactly what they want us to do. this riot is because of the monstrous PDP not hausa or yoruba or igbo. to hell with this tribe mentality we are displaying. this unintelligent tribal reasoning is nuseating. this is why we cannot identify our common problem which is evil leadership because we are quick to take tribal covers. shame on us, i mean on us Nigerians, our leaders know we are ignorant tribalists so they plot their evil and leave us to kill ourselves. the irritating part being that people like us who can use the internet seem to also reason like idiots. cant you see that the problem is not with our leaders but with us, with you and me. I am so ashamed. the problem is our mentality not our leaders. to the hausas, yorubas and ibos who turned this thread to ethnic issue, hide your head in shame. you are the cause of our problems. I am tired of all this shit, what a trash. NONSENSE!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Eziachi: 2:07am On Nov 29, 2008
I can't help but laugh. This is typical one indivicible one Nigeria at work with all the comment here. Can you lot see now that there are no basis whatsoever for one Nigeria as single entity.
In a different scenario, an Igboman who decide to live in the north will know the kind of risk he is taking residing in a foreign country and his own government embassy in that land will do all he can to protect him and the same goes for Hausa or Yorubas.

But you have people living unsafe in their own country and are often reffered to as non indigines in their own country. How many Igbos/other Nigerian had lost their lives or properties and businesses in Cameroon, Ghana, Togo or even Gabon compared to how many they have lost in their so called country Nigeria just because of whom they are and where they come from? 
And someone is even advocating a different tax bracket for Ndigbo or a conference where Igbo should share their business secret in order to be safe in the country they were killed for three years in order to be part of it?

Food for thought for all of you!!!!!!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by udezue(m): 2:59am On Nov 29, 2008
Only and idiot will suggest that Igbos should pay higher taxes to appease a bunch useless lazy poverty stricken hateful hausa/Fulani bastards. What happened to getting ur lazy asses off the bed and going to school or trying to better your sorry lives? Since when has become our job to take care of hausas? You must be out of your wits to think that Igbos should somehow buy peace from Northerners. If Igbos even Efiks are among the victims I hope our brothers in Onitsha, Aba, Owerri, Enugu and Uyo pounce on these bastards again so they can get a good taste of their medicine. The idea that we should turn the other cheek is stupid coz Hausas don't understand that language so yes hit em in the North and South anytime they lose their senses.

I find it kinda weird that Non Hausa/Fulanis from Jos-Plateau and Kaduna South are here attacking each other over who is a better fighter against Fulani/Muslim violence when u should UNITE AS ONE against these DEMONS b4 they turn ur land into Darfur. I don't care who was better. Just fight and defend ur land, ur culture, ur people. The lack of UNITY is the reason why these ppl have the guts to even start any bullshit against Christians coz we can't even band together and fight without asking are the dead Igbo, Kataf, Berom, Efik, Yoruba, etc.?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by bawomolo(m): 3:04am On Nov 29, 2008
udezue:

Only and idiot will suggest that Igbos should pay higher taxes to appease a bunch useless lazy poverty stricken hateful hausa/Fulani bastards. What happened to getting ur lazy asses off the bed and going to school or trying to better your sorry lives? Since when has become our job to take care of hausas? You must be out of your wits to think that Igbos should somehow buy peace from Northerners. If Igbos even Efiks are among the victims I hope our brothers in Onitsha, Aba, Owerri, Enugu and Uyo pounce on these bastards again so they can get a good taste of their medicine. The idea that we should turn the other cheek is stupid because Hausas don't understand that language so yes hit em in the North and South anytime they lose their senses.

I find it kind of weird that Non Hausa/Fulanis from Jos-Plateau and Kaduna South are here attacking each other over who is a better fighter against Fulani/Muslim violence when u should UNITE AS ONE against these DEMONS before they turn ur land into Darfur. I don't care who was better. Just fight and defend ur land, ur culture, ur people. The lack of UNITY is the reason why these people have the guts to even start any bullshit against Christians because we can't even band together and fight without asking are the dead Igbo, Kataf, Berom, Efik, Yoruba, etc.?

most people in plateau aren't hausa. hausa's aren't the major ethnic group in the middle east. is funny how ignorant Nigerians can be about their own country. rather than preaching reconciliation, you are looking for more violence. this just supports my believe that religious fundamentalism breeds ignorance.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by udezue(m): 3:22am On Nov 29, 2008
Bawolomo

Please tell me where I said that Hausa are majority in the Middle east? wtf is wrong with u? HAVE U GONE KOO KOO or what? Please shut ur trap. I was talking about Plateau people and Southern Kaduna people fighting themselves over an issue that really affects them the same. Hausa are not majority in the Plateau region or middle belt but they are quite good at attacking the indigenes of those areas. WHY?

Nonsense. Go and tell that to the Igbo man who lost his house and family to hausa killers and tell me if he won't shoot in the face. Reconciliation? HOW DO U RECONCILE WITH A MAD MAN? A KILLER? tell me. FOR HOW LONG ARE U going to PREACH THE SAME CRAP. I say reprisal across the East, Jos, and South. THAT IS ONE NIGERIA. IF that is not GOOD FOR U THEN PLEASE LET MY PEOPLE GO. We fought hard for Biafra u idiots scuttled it but it aint over. After 40 years the new generation of Igbos/Easterners are realizing that NIGERIA IS NOT THE ONLY OPTIONS. We can have our own real nation not some British experiment gone very wrong.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Eziachi: 3:27am On Nov 29, 2008
bawomolo:

most people in plateau aren't hausa. hausa's aren't the major ethnic group in the middle east. is funny how ignorant Nigerians can be about their own country. rather than preaching reconciliation, you are looking for more violence. this just supports my believe that religious fundamentalism breeds ignorance.

Well said brother Bawomolo, but go and tell those of your so called non Hausas that they are not members of Arewa consultative council. We are no longer fool as they all hunt in pack when it suits them.

Go and tell who cares that Babangida, Abacha, Kingibe, Atiku, Gowon, Useni, Onoja, Danjuma, David Mark, Marwa and rest of them looters and parasites that they are not Hausas.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by bawomolo(m): 4:58am On Nov 29, 2008
udezue:

Bawolomo

Please tell me where I said that Hausa are majority in the Middle east? wtf is wrong with u? HAVE U GONE KOO KOO or what? Please shut ur trap. I was talking about Plateau people and Southern Kaduna people fighting themselves over an issue that really affects them the same. Hausa are not majority in the Plateau region or middle belt but they are quite good at attacking the indigenes of those areas. WHY?

Nonsense. Go and tell that to the Igbo man who lost his house and family to hausa killers and tell me if he won't shoot in the face. Reconciliation? HOW DO U RECONCILE WITH A MAD MAN? A KILLER? tell me. FOR HOW LONG ARE U going to PREACH THE SAME CRAP. I say reprisal across the East, Jos, and South. THAT IS ONE NIGERIA. IF that is not GOOD FOR U THEN PLEASE LET MY PEOPLE GO. We fought hard for Biafra u idiots scuttled it but it aint over. After 40 years the new generation of Igbos/Easterners are realizing that NIGERIA IS NOT THE ONLY OPTIONS. We can have our own real nation not some British experiment gone very wrong.

why does it have to be about ethnicity with you guys. are igbo's the only ones to have lost property and lives due to violence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Soldier Dismissed For Driving On BRT Lane! / Merger Talks Tear CPC Apart (pic) / Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.