Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:29 AM

If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! (38763 Views)

5 Signs That Tells You Her Boobs Are Fake. / "Ladies Share How You Would React When Your Man Tells You These Things Below" / Ladies...what would you do if your man tells you that he is leaving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by lalasticlala(m): 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
I saw this piece which I consider funny and I thought it wise to share, of course this must have been written by a lady.............

It doesn’t matter how much of a gentleman he has been up until that point: if a man you’re getting to know at a bar, on a date, or online says any of these lines, run —before he breaks your heart, or gives you the overwhelming urge to slap him.

*“I Could Never Date A Woman Who Earns More Than I Do ”

So essentially, this man’s sense of self-worth, his sense of having an equal hand in a relationship, his sense of being amancompletely goes out the window when your salary exceeds his. It wouldn’t just bother him a little to not be able to treat you to nicer things. He is saying hecould not standto have a woman make more money than he does. Forget if she is happy in her career: if it makes him unhappy , he’s out of there. Pretty selfish when you think about it that way.

* “I Banged This One Chick”

Don’t trust guys who say banged in seriousness. Plenty of guys use that term jokingly, but men who use it in casual conversation, in lieu of “hooked up with” or “slept with” have pretty degrading views of women . Think about that word: “banged.” It implies asserting complete control over something, it can even imply causing pain to something, and it implies doing something rapidly then moving on. Gee. What a romantic.

* “I Don’t Find Women Funny”

Science has actually found a connection between a sense of humor and intelligence. That study helps us make a quick connection to this next point: men who say women aren’t funny are essentially saying women are not smart. To be funny you need to be astute, to pick up on subtle, unspoken connections happening around you, to analyze people. A man who says a woman isn’t funny is saying that a woman can’t do those things.

* “What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas”

Anyone who actually uses this saying as a license to cheat on their significant other, get arrested for indecent exposure, pick upa street walker, and gamble away money is someone who is looking for excuses to behave poorly. And they’ll look for them Vegas or no Vegas.

* “I Don’t Like To Use Condoms”

This is not an excuse not to use one! I mean, try a little harder like, “I just got all my test results back and they were negative” or “I’ve never had unprotected sex before.” I’m not saying a women should consent to not using a condom for those reasons, but at least it shows that you don’t think you’re completely entitled to putting a woman at risk of painful and even deadly illnesses, all because you don’t “like’ to use condoms. Sorry, do you also not like the crusts left on your sandwich little boy?

* “She Was Such A H*”

Are some women, well, slutty? Yes. Does anything good come of calling them so? No. Only a very angry man—typically with anger against women in general—openly calls his ex girlfriend a “wh*re.”

* “Because She Was Being Stupid ”

If this is a man’s answer when you ask, “So why did you and your ex breakup?” you have a man with zero communication skills on your hands. Oh, and to compensate for his barely-there vocabulary, he just trash talks his ex. “She was being stupid”? What is she—a friend who stole your toy truck?

* “So I Just Stopped Answering Her Calls ”

Another non-communicator on your hands. You know all those guys who broke your heart and made you feel like you didn’t matter when they just stopped responding to your texts and calls? Well just because this particular guy didn’t do that to you, he is still one of them! He is the type who will avoid confrontation and open communication at all costs, even if that means making a woman think she’s done something wrong when she has not.

*“FML, LOL, ROLF”

Men who can’t speak like grownups are not grownups. It’s okay to occasionally—jokingly—speak in Twitter jargon. But a guy who speaks like this regularly, and seriously, probably also still drinks too much during the week and “bangs” chicks.

*“I Got Hookups All Over Town ”

If a guy is telling you how he could get you into the busiest clubs, get you a table right now at the most sought after restaurant, and introduce you to a celebrity this means two things: A) He is proud of some pretty stupid stuff and B) He is a major partier/playboy!

* “My Girlfriend /Wife Just Doesn’t Understand Me ”

Philandering men love to appeal to a woman’s sensitive side when looking for a hookup. They know women like to analyze and “understand” people and when they hear those little magic words, “My wife doesn’t understand me…” it’s like a challenge to understand the guy. And somehow, in the process, he can try to seduce you. If this guy actually cared about his marriage/relationship he wouldn’t be out telling strangers in tight dresses about his problems: he’d be at home fixing them.

http://madamenoire.com/262645/if-a-man-tells-you-any-of-these-lines-run/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by FLAWLES(f): 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
MY BROTHER:........one 7up for you(bcus na u pay 50 instead of 60)*hehehehe*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by zoeee(f): 10:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmmm... Interesting
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Yes, run like the chicken you are. If you want a great man, be ready to take risks.

12 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by vivaciouzz(f): 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
*running * ...@ op m tayad of running joor,make I rest small

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by vizkiz: 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
angry
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
Follow the OP's advice.
Keep running while your mates get married. tongue

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by ivyy(f): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
When he says "am in a relationship but its complicated"

#saynotobeingasidechick# for you will forever remain there.

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by zoeee(f): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
Aprime:
Follow the OP's advice.
Keep running while your mates get married. tongue

... And then get divorced ?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by valmunich(m): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
Niggaz spoiling shows since the betrayal of jesus angry angry

8 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Jennydoris(f): 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
CoolHunk:
Yes, run like the chicken you are. If you want a great man, be ready to take risks.

If you want a great woman nko?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
zoeee:

... And then get divorced ?

No genius. undecided
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by godofwar666(m): 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
OP deceiving ladies since 1804 undecided and ladies feeling like op you're on point and guyz were like thunder fire you op grin

6 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by chimerase2: 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
Summary pls angry
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
hahahaha....
A colleague started dating this EBSU chick about 2mths ago, he introduced me to the girl and I said she was cool.

During one of their talk(s), the girl asked him if he is #TeamNoSex till marriage___ he said nope.
__ she asked if he uses protection, he said he doesn't dig it.

Then she dropped the million dollar question...lolz
She asked if I get preg, would you father the child and he asked her why she would get preg....hahahaha.

When he told me, I asked him which kind mumu question be that___ 'she no get womb ni?'

End of story, the girl broke up.

As for guys/men that always speak of women with contempt, they ain't ma kinda man___ offline/online

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by chibwike(m): 11:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
what more can i say
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by braine(m): 11:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
Basically; don't talk about your ex.
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Agybabe(f): 11:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ladies, if you want to be abreast of more facts on this topic, I advise you to get this book by Steve Harvey, titled - "Act like a Lady, Think like a Man".

It opens your understanding into a man's mind-set.

Thank me after reading its content. It's one of my priceless possessions which I won't share. grin

3 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by PROCTOR: 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ok
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by tosyne2much(m): 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Korret !!!!!! grin
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by PROCTOR: 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
Polithiefcian:
cool
ya moniker says it all
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by jnrbayano(m): 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
This Lalasticlala's thread.

If it doesn't make frontpage, Run!!
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by MisterLongman(m): 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
WASH
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by 30secs(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2014
ivyy:
When he says "am in a relationship but its complicated"

#saynotobeingasidechick# for you will forever remain there.
Lol... But it's true!!!
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 25, 2014
Nice post Op. The points are true. I believe there are more to these. What comes out of a man's mouth says a lot about him. smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hahahaha....
A colleague started dating this EBSU chick about 2mths ago, he introduced me to the girl and I said she was cool.

During one of their talk(s), the girl asked him if he is #TeamNoSex till marriage___ he said nope.
__ she asked if he uses protection, he said he doesn't dig it.

Then she dropped the million dollar question...lolz
She asked if I get preg, would you father the child and he asked her why she would get preg....hahahaha.

When he told me, I asked him which kind mumu question be that___ 'she no get womb ni?'

End of story, the girl broke up.

That was a nice move she made. She's smart. Its important for ladies to ask questions. Whatever comes out of a man's mouth, so is he. Only God knows how many abortions she would have done and pills she would have swallowed for that guy. She has saved herself from drama, heartache and disappointment. Nice one.

4 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by defendedvictim(m): 12:15am On Nov 25, 2014
Ok undecided
So now tell d brothers n niggas when to run...n also prescribe the speed n distance of d race. Thank you angry

5 Likes

Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by scampy(m): 12:19am On Nov 25, 2014
JIC
Re: If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run! by tpia5: 1:24am On Nov 25, 2014
If the only conversation he makes is about butts and breast, if you like don't run.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Man Had Sex Before Coming Home / Man Dances With Daughter On Her Wedding Day, Gets Down To The Floor (Photos) / Love Hotels: ‘short-time’ Service Becomes Saviour Amid Economic Downturn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.