Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? (30830 Views)

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage / Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? / Do Women Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by kayustones: 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
braine:

And what if I want her to flaunt the skin to make her look sexy for me like she did when we were dating nko?
Well then, she could flaunt her body around the house for you and only you. By saying she should continue dressing the way she did when you were dating means that u r letting her pass a message to some other men that "see I'm married but I'm still available if u care"

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Guidette(f): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nawa o. The way people discuss women like property/commodity baffles me a lot. Will a man change his dressing after marriage? Nonsense.
The way my husband saw me dressing before we got married is the way he will see me dressing after. Next thing he will use excuse and say that he started looking outside because i dont dress like i used to while we were dating
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by RaeMystix: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I swear...I don't know who to blame
__ her husband or her stylist.
I don't wanna blame her because she obviously gat no sense of style.

You blame her instead, cos it seems she choose a gay guy as her stylist . Gay guys are only good at dressing drag queens. That is their line of expertise
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
StoneColdBiceps:

I hate it when ladies say they wear wat dey are confortable in. Dat means dey r trying to bé defencive cos dey wear provocative and boobs exposing dress and all. *smiles* i love d boobs and will like to feeeeeeel it! Some will wear very micro mini skirt and wen eyes are prying dey will bé adjusting it like dey dnt kno its very very short, i tot u wonna go nakid! Wat an irony! Decency and decorum is wat any wise girl shld appear in becos guys are really tired of seeing provocative and scantily dressed women. We are looking for a "just bé normal and smell fine" chick dats all.
dacoolvik:
I think its more of a cultural thing. In some cultures, singles or unmarried mothers cannot tie two wrappers. They think its for married women. As for me though unmarried, I wear what I feel comfortable in and even after marriage, I don't think I will change. My mum usually teases me and says that if I had my way, I would wear jeans for my traditional marriage.

I hate it when ladies say they wear wat dey are confortable in. Dat means dey r trying to bé defencive cos dey wear provocative and boobs exposing dress and all. *smiles* i love d boobs and will like to feeeeeeel it! Some will wear very micro mini skirt and wen eyes are prying dey will bé adjusting it like dey dnt kno its very very short, i tot u wonna go nakid! Wat an irony! Decency and decorum is wat any wise girl shld appear in becos guys are really tired of seeing provocative and scantily dressed women. We are looking for a "just bé normal and smell fine" chick dats all.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by PLEXPLEX(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
OF COURSE U R NOT DRESSING FOR YA SELF ANYMORE BUT FOR UR SPOUSE ...

OK BECAUSE U WERE ATTRACTED BY HER DRESSING BEFORE MARRIAGE , U SHOULD ALLOW HER TO BE HERSELF DRESS WISE AFTER MARRIAGE SO THAT SHE CAN ATTRACT OTHERS ABI?

BOTH HUSBAND & WIFE SHOULD CHANGE THEIR DRESS SENSE AFTER MARRIAGE TO FIT IN THEIR NEW STATUS I.E A LIL MORE RESPONSIBLE IF U KNOW WAT I MEAN.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by profmathsland(m): 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
hmmmmm angryhmmmmm
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by ddeola: 1:56am On Nov 26, 2014
Modesty or should I say decency is a virtue that is scarce these days when it comes to ladies dressing o. Anyways, a decent woman does not need to change her dressing but "those" ladies need to since they have now gotten a man of their own. Stop revealing "things" please if you are serious about ur marriage, use am satisfy ur man for house.

A word is enough !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by justmag(m): 3:40am On Nov 26, 2014
She should dress the same way she dressed before I met her. Asking her to change is stupid
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Ifeoluuwa: 3:47am On Nov 26, 2014
FarmTech:

That is why in marriage, you should marry a born again christian. The bible is very serious about this. It is only a worldly man that will flirt bc his wife doesn't walk half naked along the road.
Born again my foot!!! I would rather a Principled Man to a Born Again Please. ...

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by dasparrow: 5:18am On Nov 26, 2014
emeraldoe:
Decency is the key word, being single or married doesn't matter. I believe if u've bin dressing decently wen u were single, u wudnt need to change ur mode of dressing wen u get married

This is exactly what I wanted to say too. Well said.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by dasparrow: 5:22am On Nov 26, 2014
Guidette:
Nawa o. The way people discuss women like property/commodity baffles me a lot. Will a man change his dressing after marriage? Nonsense.
The way my husband saw me dressing before we got married is the way he will see me dressing after. Next thing he will use excuse and say that he started looking outside because i dont dress like i used to while we were dating

@Bolded

The average Nigerian irrespective of gender is unfortunately a chauvinist and misogynist so expect this kind of threads on Nairaland.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by DobleO7: 6:16am On Nov 26, 2014
HFOG:
After marriage a woman's glory is for her husband so she should try to please him in many areas including dressing. Many men wouldn't want their wives scantily dressed. Married women ought to dress naturedly and decently to bring honour to their husbands. As we mature many things about us should change positively including dressing.

You sound decent
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Wisegeek01(m): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2014
If you ask me na who I go ask. ..

For instance you can't be wearing micro mini b4 marriage and after marriage U start tying wrapper all over d house*

If you change your dressing and loose your husband don't come and blame me oo o

. .. What am I saying U can't even blame me sef* grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Eljay24(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2014
Wisegeek01:

For instance you can't be wearing micro mini b4 marriage and after marriage U start tying wrapper all over d house*

lmfao !!
You just made my day with this one, funny
grin grin
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by florjay(f): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2014
kennygee:
I feel if your dressing is good enough to get you married to your husband, it should be enough to keep you in your marriage.

The issue of changing dressing has ruined many marriages.

Some women think "married women should tie Wrapper, wear only skirt and blouse and never wear fitted clothes".

Other women believe you should be fashionable in marriage even more than you were as a single woman.

The bible did say we should do things in Moderation, even our dressing.

I have male friends who have confessed that they could cheat once their wives stop being attractive, ie being stylish and fashionable.

If your fashion as a single is decent and moderate, why will you want to change that, to tie wrappers?

Your fashion and style does not have to change if it is decent, except for a woman who dressed seductively and wants to change due to marriage.

Marriage doesn't change a H.oe though, there is no point making a H.o.e a house wife.

. Gbam. SUPPORTED
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 26, 2014
Wisegeek01:

lolz.
You guys are not getting the point. I said "given that we all know the standard definition of decency"...so, now I am not talking of indecent to decent dressing.

I mean, wearing skirt all da time...that's if you have never been that skirt wearing type. or wearing a longer one- if you wear before.
__tying wrapper. etc

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by mgbeketoto: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2014
It is up to the woman really.
Na she get the body and na she buy the dress abi?
I dress however I damn well please!
Never been a seductive dresser though. . .
I feel good about myself and BODY. . .with or without clothes! cool
I can NEVER DRESS to please ANY MAN or ANY BODY. . . PEOPLE should dress within their own comfort zones too!
For what? For acceptance or recognition?

I don't have time to be 'sexxing' up my dress style for 'self-esteem' enhancement.
MY PICTURES ON AND OFF NL will attest to that.
I only 'flash' online to cause 'commotion'! cheesy

I still dress the same way. . . .single or married.

It is up to the woman. . .

I have trained my husband to mind his business when it comes to my mode of dressing. . . I accord him the same courtesy! cool
I am not in a BOKO-CHIBOK marriage!

Amen!!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Wisegeek01(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
You guys are not getting the point. I said "given that we all know the standard definition of decency"...so, now I am not talking of indecent to decent dressing.

I mean, wearing skirt all da time...that's if you have never been that skirt wearing type. or wearing a longer one- if you wear before.
__tying wrapper. etc

I tink u are doing a good job op. .. Also I guess we're on the same page here,

my point is don't change a thingy,
Long or short whatever keep it like dt

"becos d guy like d package as e take see am"
you can't say becos you are marriage (sorry married cheesy )

then u change to make urself unavaialble to other guys, no!
you can still look striking tho but matured in dressing,

But not to go dressing up like sister Mary,
Unless u used to look like dt*

(shey u Grab)
grin
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by zaliya(f): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2014
OP, I think this topic is being read out of context.
Every WOMAN should dress decently whether married or single. One can be very fashionable but yet decent.
As a married woman you must do more to keep your hubby to yourself.

P:S No tying of wrapper over your chest at home, PLS wear bum shorts
Also keep fit. Never look shapeless, so your dress can fit properly.
Remember you are your hubby's MODEL!
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2014
Weda married or nt a woman shud hv dresses dat complement de circumstance...wat she wears wen she goes out officially or wit her hubby shud b diff frm wat she wears casually
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by folu4real(f): 10:11am On Nov 26, 2014
TheRealAdonye:
I'm coming.. Let me ask Tiwa Savage..

**Modified

FTC again.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by ATinaC(f): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2014
A woman should dress decently whether married or not. But any woman who 'dresses to kill' wen single should try to dress responsibly wen married. Dat is a woman's pride
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Sammyblaq(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
And what is this rant about 'Single girls dressing seductively to attract a man?' undecided undecided.. Do I need to look like a LovePeddler or show "some flesh" before a man can get attracted to me?? All poo undecided.. Whatever happened to 'DECENCY?'

Moderation and Decency is the key, whether as a single/married lady.. I see no reason why I should change my dress style/sense as a married woman, and that because even as a single girl, I dress right with my 'Conscience' @ work...

Every single cloth has got its function, as you wouldn't expect me swimming in a gele and wrapper, all because I am married.. I'll still rock my bikini, but a more befitting size cos my body shape would have changed a bit..

.......Tying of gele/wrapper is something I personally don't like and that's because I term it as being difficult...

N/B: I don't have to go 'NAKED' to be ATTRACTIVE....
sammyblaq liked ur comment. 1 mins ago
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sammyblaq:

sammyblaq liked ur comment. 1 mins ago
grin grin.. I never knew a new way of 'liking comments' has been created....

Thanks all the same kiss...

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Deehvahrzz(f): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jennimma:

your wife is your property and not the public. Her body is for your eyes only and not for other men to feast on it. She can dress sexy,even bare it all for you indoors. But outside,she should portray decency. Let her buy clothes that accentuate her shape and all.

If she dressed sexy before you married her,she must stop it now she is married. She is now a role model to her children esp. daughters. Some kids be like "mum wears short gowns,why won't I?"
More reason why there are rape cases. Catch my drift?
A woman's dressing should never be an accepted or cited reasons for rape. A woman should dress decently. And no woman is a man's property my sister. If a man asks you to change because you guys r married, I think its wrong. Marrying you means he's comfortable with who Nd what u r. If he's trying to change you wen u rmarried, I don't trust him
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by AriDsexy(f): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
sammoe:

Being 'attractive' doesn't always equate to 'attracting'. I used it in the same vein as 'good', 'pleasant', 'well-dressed'...
Most women want to look good.
My point is that you can look good without being 'sexy' or provocatively dressed.
#okthanks
#okbye

Dude,ds is funny,just had to quote u after reading like 4 of ur post on ds thread...so u end every post with "ok thanks nd ok bye"?

Hmmm,ok thanks,ok bye.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by AriDsexy(f): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
DobleO7:

You sound decent

Yes,she is...sorry for poke nosing tongue

My sister from another mother.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Sammyblaq(m): 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
grin grin.. I never knew a new way of 'liking comments' has been created....

Thanks all the same kiss...
hahahahha...how u dey jare?
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sammyblaq:

hahahahha...how u dey jare?
I dey like Dele, and you?
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Sammyblaq(m): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
I dey like Dele, and you?
service tyn...but o'naghi ato'm ochi.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Deehvahrzz:

A woman's dressing should never be an accepted or cited reasons for rape. A woman should dress decently. And no woman is a man's property my sister. If a man asks you to change because you guys r married, I think its wrong. Marrying you means he's comfortable with who Nd what u r. If he's trying to change you wen u rmarried, I don't trust him

Nice point there. That a lady is walking on the street in what you tag 'indecent' - doesn't take away her fundamental human right and give you the right to rape her.
I'm not disputing the fact that it's a factor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need A Strong Advice Concerning My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife / Mrs. Bernadette Chidi has been found / Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.