Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? (2540 Views)

What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 29, 2008
Since st Francis of Asisi received the stigmata in 1214,about 26 saints of the roman catholic church have been known to have received the stigmata.The questuion here is was Francis of Asisi the first person to receive the stigmata? st paul alluded to having had the stigmata.Take a look at the quotations from st paul

1 cor 12:7-9
And lest i should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations,a thorn in the flesh was given me ,a messenger of satan to buffet me,lest i be exalted above measure.Concerning this thing i pleaded with the lord three times that it might depart from me.And he said to me my grace is sufficient for you.My strenghth is made perfect in your weakness.Therefore most gladly i will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
GAL 6:17
from now on let no one trouble me,for i bear in my body the marks of the lord Jesus
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2008
SORRY I ACTUALLY MEANT GALATIANS 6:17
FROM NOW ON ,LET NO ONE TROUBLE ME FOR I BEAR IN MY BODY THE MARKS OF THE LORD JESUS
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by tpia: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2008
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by DavidDylan(m): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
chukwudi, Paul called it an infirmity not a stigmata . . . you're deluded.
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Carlosein(m): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2008
DavidDylan:

chukwudi, Paul called it an infirmity not a stigmata . . . you're deluded.

easy on the man david. how can he be deluded if he's trying to find out?

@poster, people often attribute the stigmata to St Paul (based on above passage and some other sources too(?))

but strictly speaking, i don't think he was and this passage doesn't (in my opinion) state so.
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Tonyet1(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2008
please whats a STIGMATA?, do you mean a recurring infirmity in believers life or some attack by the devil, because what i know is that every believer must be tried by the devil if you must make it to heaven, ask me how
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2008
mr david lan could you please explain what he meant by the marks of the Lord Jesus to prove your assertion that I am deluded
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Carlosein(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2008
tonye-t:

please whats a STIGMATA?, do you mean a recurring infirmity in believers life or some attack by the devil, because what i know is that every believer must be tried by the devil if you must make it to heaven, ask me how

stigmata, tonye-t are the wounds of our Lord Jesus which he incurred during his passion, crucifixion and death.

see link:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14294b.htm
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Carlosein(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2008
also, there are 62 known saints who are stigmatists, not 26.

refer to link above for list of names of about 30.
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Tonyet1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2008
@carlosein, thank you oh. . . which means for any one to make heaven them must get STIGMATA too. . . because i think say Jesus say "anyone weh one follow am should pick up their cross too and follow him", afterall na for the cross Jesus get him own stigmata, abi no b so?
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Carlosein(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2008
olboy tonye, you are on your own oh. who teach you that kind thing.
Re: Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 03, 2008
calosein,have you heard about the blessed anne catherine emmerich,what do you yhink about her visions ?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Working As Slaves In Farms In Israel / Urgent Message From The Lord Jesus Christ For Pastors, Bishops & Christians! / dy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.