Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement (27755 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
for the record . . .cos I can sense sagamite, coogar and dayokanu sharpening their spears grin grin grin

. . . . They met at Havard & they made the money together

He was not rich when he married her. . .

My usual argument in these cases is that you can never underestimate the input of a woman in the marriage. You coming home to a warm, peaceful and organised home in the evening, leaves you time to focus on other things.

6 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Good on her.

We need such laws in Nigeria to bring the country out of the Dark Ages, and to protect women and their rights.

Where is Sagamite? He should have a field day on this thread. cheesy

carefreewannabe:

Why did you call out Sagamite? I hoped he would not see this thread. grin

Carefreewannabe, olodo!

I had seen the news report from the very day the award was made tongue, but decided not to open the thread on NL.

Why?

Because I felt two things:

- One she had a background that suggests she could possibly be worth a bit.

- He and she really do not give a hoot about money and do not want it.

Here is her profile:

BA, Smith College; Master's in Public Administration, John F Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Over 20 years' experience in bringing private sector, government and non-profit leaders to pursue high-impact, large-scale and sustainable solutions to a broad array of economic and social issues. Formerly: Director, Shine Trust, UK; Vice-President, Strategic Planning and Development, Gould Partners, New York; experience with Centre for Policy Alternatives, CBS News, Atlanta Project.

She is highly educated and highly bright. She is not some hairdresser with nice titts that married a rich man for his money and now think she is worth half by virtue of being married.

So that is the "pro" for her argument. She has almost the same intellectual capacity and education as him, which means she has a high possibility of making money like him. There is a high opportunity cost.

The "con" after researching her background was that it appeared, although she has the intellectual capacity, she lacked the money-making ability and skills he had. He appears to be the only party in the relationship involved in the money-making side of the marital union. She never got involved in that, she only got involved in how the money is distributed for charity.

Nothing was stopping her from getting involved in the investment management side (where the money was made) but yet she did not get involved, based on what I read, hence she does not appear to have the skill to make such money, so how can she claim to have contributed half? More scrutiny of her profile suggests her whole career has been about charity and policy formulation, not money-making. So if she was removed from the picture, this man would still have made the money but if the man is removed from the picture, she has a low chance of making the money. People with her skills don't make hundreds of millions.

To summarise, she seem to have potential intellect but not the potential skills.

So in my view, the offer of quarter was very generous and apt by the husband.

But the moral of the story really is that any man that does not want to lose his wealth should NEVER marry in the West.

It really is becoming that plain and simple!

The net benefit of marriage is negative and far from the 0 point for any man with money or potential.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
chaircover:
for the record . . .cos I can sense sagamite, coogar and dayokanu sharpening their spears grin grin grin

. . . . They met at Havard & they made the money together

He was not rich when he married her. . .

My usual argument in these cases is that you can never underestimate the input of a woman in the marriage. You coming home to a warm, peaceful and organised home in the evening, leaves you time to focus on other things.

They did not make the money together, he made the money.

He was not rich when he married does not mean:

- She is the reason he is rich.

or

- She contibuted to the riches.

Warm, peaceful and organised homes don't make people make money. It is their brain, education, connections and mentality that do.

Those are the difference between rich and poor men. Many poor men also have warm, peaceful and organised homes.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
Dominiquez:
Oyibo has turned marriage into money making machine.

carefreewannabe:

Efe, are you not his senior wife?
You should know they give him HBP and make him suffer from anxiety disorder. cheesy

Did he make you sign a prenup? grin

EfemenaXY:

Lol! Prenup ke?

Don't mind Sagamite. I've gone from 3rd to 1st and then back to 3rd wife position.

Not going to compete with Jennykadry's & BB's juju anymore. They can have him. I value my goodnight beauty sleep too much.

Anyway, toyboy dey sha. Where is Osama a.k.a BigRod anyway? He never saw through his fantasies to the end. Last time I checked, you and Cococandy were killing him intellectually... cheesy cheesy

Marriage in the West is now basically a means by which a man can be legally abused and stripped of his self worth, followed by state approved theft and mass abduction of his children.

Maybe a prenup isn't 'romantic' but lots of things about marriage, when it goes wrong, aren't romantic, including men being taken to the cleaners.

The West have turned marriage into a preposterous situation when free sex is far more expensive than paid for sex! Upon all the latter gives more variety and value for money, things that in the real commercial world is the source of pricing premiums.

Marriage offers NOTHING to men that they can't get in any non-married relationship.

I worked too hard to hand over my assets to somebody who thinks they have a right to them because I merely formed a relationship with them. Marriage is all but over for savvy males. For some types of men, it might even be a bit lonely but you get to keep what's yours without the state helping to rob half of it from you.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:
Why shouldn't she get half?
She was the other half in the marriage,half the liabilities and assets belong to her

She was the other half? So how come she did not make half of the incoming income of the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
pamcode:
excuse me what does she need the money for am sure that one of the main reason she divorced if not the main reason.The whites are crazy sha no wonder rich men prefer to keep girlfriends than marry.

That is the way to go.

I have even been contemplating opening a thread on the different options of marriage and relationships for adults throughout history that people can choose. It would be a great thread.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
It's funny how Nigerians like you that struggle to go abroad,endure being treated like second class humans come on nairaland and start claiming civilization.

You are a fuuktard!

What second-class citizen?

As opposed to the 4th class citizen you are in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Marriage in the West is now basically a means by which a man can be legally abused and stripped of his self worth, followed by state approved theft and mass abduction of his children.

Maybe a prenup isn't 'romantic' but lots of things about marriage, when it goes wrong, aren't romantic, including men being taken to the cleaners.

The West have turned marriage into a preposterous situation when free sex is far more expensive than paid for sex! Upon all the latter gives more variety and value for money, things that in the real commercial world is the source of pricing premiums.

Marriage offers NOTHING to men that they can't get in any non-married relationship.

I worked too hard to hand over my assets to somebody who thinks they have a right to them because I merely formed a relationship with them. Marriage is all but over for savvy males. For some types of men, it might even be a bit lonely but you get to keep what's yours without the state helping to rob half of it from you.

I am not very romantic, never have been. Prenups are a good way to avoid an ugly ending.

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Carefreewannabe, olodo!

I had seen the news report from the very day the award was made tongue, but decided not to open the thread on NL.

Why?

Because I felt two things:

- One she had a background that suggests she could possibly be worth a bit.

- He and she really do not give a hoot about money and do not want it.

Here is her profile:

She is highly educated and highly bright. She is not some hairdresser with nice titts that married a rich man for his money and now think she is worth half by virtue of being married.

So that is the "pro" for her argument. She has almost the same intellectual capacity and education as him, which means she has a high possibility of making money like him. There is a high opportunity cost.

The "con" after researching her background was that it appeared, although she has the intellectual capacity, she lacked the money-making ability and skills he had. He appears to be the only party in the relationship involved in the money-making side of the marital union. She never got involved in that, she only got involved in how the money is distributed for charity.

Nothing was stopping her from getting involved in the investment management side (where the money was made) but yet she did not get involved, based on what I read, hence she does not appear to have the skill to make such money, so how can she claim to have contributed half? More scrutiny of her profile suggests her whole career has been about charity and policy formulation, not money-making. So if she was removed from the picture, this man would still have made the money but if the man is removed from the picture, she has a low chance of making the money. People with her skills don't make hundreds of millions.

To summarise, she seem to have potential intellect but not the potential skills.

So in my view, the offer of quarter was very generous and apt by the husband.

But the moral of the story really is that any man that does not want to lose his wealth should NEVER marry in the West.

It really is becoming that plain and simple!

The net benefit of marriage is negative and far from the 0 point for any man with money or potential.

LOL, I am sure you were the first to read the news. grin tongue

A very interesting analysis.

@bold

Or sign a prenup.

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Ranchhoddas: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a fuuktard!

What second-class citizen?

As opposed to the 4th class citizen you are in Nigeria?
I know...the truth hurts.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Prenup ke?

Don't mind Sagamite. I've gone from 3rd to 1st and then back to 3rd wife position.

Not going to compete with Jennykadry's & BB's juju anymore. They can have him. I value my goodnight beauty sleep too much.

Anyway, toyboy dey sha. Where is Osama a.k.a BigRod anyway? He never saw through his fantasies to the end. Last time I checked, you and Cococandy were killing him intellectually... cheesy cheesy

My sagalicious milo. I have been in Sagamilo's life since before you even thought about registering on NLD. hOW CAN YOU REAP WHERE YOU DID NOT SOW? angry
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
jennykadry:

My sagalicious milo. I have been in Sagamilo's life since before you even thought about registering on NLD. hOW CAN YOU REAP WHERE YOU DID NOT SOW? angry

Go jor. angry angry tongue
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
It's funny how Nigerians like you that struggle to go abroad,endure being treated like second class humans come on nairaland and start claiming civilization.

Abeg be quiet. You are a first citizen of Nigeria...how well are you treated there?

5 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

They did not make the money together, he made the money.

He was not rich when he married does not mean:

- She is the reason he is rich.

or

- She contibuted to the riches.

Warm, peaceful and organised homes don't make people make money. It is their brain, education, connections and mentality that do.

Those are the difference between rich and poor men. Many poor men also have warm, peaceful and organised homes.

So why did he get married in the first place?

He still could have achieved all that (companionship, kids) and more without having to sign the dotted lines.

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

So why did he get married in the first place?

He still could have achieved all that (companionship, kids) and more without having to sign the dotted lines.

Yep. That is the mistake many men make.

There are alternative approaches but many men fall for the mugu option where a woman has the power to destroy your life with the backing of the State.

See as this one already they discuss reaping my money. shocked

jennykadry:

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

There are alternative approaches but many men fall for the mugu option where a woman has the power to destroy your life with the backing of the State.

See as this one already they discuss reaping my money.

Bobo toh hawt...Bobo toh sexy...Bobo toh hawt like hot chocolate. Why do you think Efemenaxy and Busy_body2 envy me? who go see this fyne bobo oozing se.x appeal and not wish.....? ehn. Even Coogar dey jealous this fyne boy no pimples

EfemenaXY:

Go jor. angry angry tongue

Go where? oh into sagamilo's arms...gotcha grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

See as this one already they discuss reaping my money. shocked

What alternative approaches are these? undecided Would a middle aged man having been through life still want to live his like like a carefree twenty something year old? How sustainable is that?
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Good on her.

We need such laws in Nigeria to bring the country out of the Dark Ages, and to protect women and their rights.

Where is Sagamite? He should have a field day on this thread. cheesy

You remember the case of an older Yoruba lady that was awarded pittance by a stoopid court in Lagos after 30 years of marriage
The husband wanted to divorce her and filed in Nigeria when they lived mostly in London
She appealed in London and the UK courts granted her more than a third of the assets including a house in London and she well deserved it.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:

You remember the case of an older Yoruba lady that was awarded pittance by a stoopid court in Lagos after 30 years of marriage
The husband wanted to divorce her and filed in Nigeria when they lived mostly in London
She appealed in London and the UK courts granted her more than a third of the assets including a house in London and she well deserved it.

30 years of marriage??

The idiots at the Lagos court should have their heads examined. Would they do the same thing if it were their mother or any other female relatives?

That country is in the throes of the Middle Ages.

Mtcheew.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

She was the other half? So how come she did not make half of the incoming income of the marriage?

Did she not carry,birth and raise the children?
I bet you with him working so hard,99% of the task of upbringing of the kids rested on her
Is that not worth something?
What is the greatest treasure a man has besides his kids
Was she not his companion,confidant,help in business decisions and encouraging and uplifting him for 17 whole years
Even if all she did was service him on the bed in the 17 years of marriage while he worked that is enough
If it had been a liability,they would have equally shared it

3 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

30 years of marriage??

The idiots at the Lagos court should have their heads examined. Would they do the same thing if it were their mother or any other female relatives?

That country is in the throes of the Middle Ages.

Mtcheew.

I posted that story on a similar thread
That is how lowly a woman is viewed in nigerian marriages
Most of the time these women came into the marriage and suffered with the man then the business blossoms and someone decides her contributions were 10%
No way
Thank God for civilized countries were women have rights and are viewed as equal partners in the marriage
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:

Most of the time these women came into the marriage and suffered with the man then the business blossoms and someone decides her contributions were 10%
No way
Thank God for civilized countries were women have rights and are viewed as equal partners in the marriage

Amen to that.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:

Did she not carry,birth and raise the children?
I bet you with him working so hard,99% of the task of upbringing of the kids rested on her
Is that not worth something?
What is the greatest treasure a man has besides his kids
Was she not his companion,confidant,help in business decisions and encouraging and uplifting him for 17 whole years
Even if all she did was service him on the bed in the 17 years of marriage while he worked that is enough
If it had been a liability,they would have equally shared it

Please explain to me how carrying and giving birth makes a man hundreds of millions of pounds.

After you do, please direct me to the woman I can stick such in to get mine in another 9 months.

I never knew one has to pay women for getting pregnant. That is news to me.

The greatest treasure to a man surely must be what he can sell and get money for?

I have friends that are my companion, confidant, who help in business decisions and are encouraging and uplifting. I don't have to pay them a dime except they participate in the making of the money. Even strangers give me advice on business and they can't go to court to claim my assets.

I am sure if he paid for sex with women far finer than her for 17 years, who are professionals in sex, would do all he wants in bed and he can change them in size and body shape as he wishes, it would not cost him hundreds of millions. Things she can never do a tenth of.

Oya, try again. Explain how she contributed half to the money-making.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What alternative approaches are these? undecided Would a middle aged man having been through life still want to live his like like a carefree twenty something year old? How sustainable is that?

Very sustainable.

And apparently inexpensive compared to a marriage in the West.

I would rather have that life for free than pay half of my wealth for a failed institution called "Marriage".

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Very sustainable.

And apparently inexpensive compared to a marriage in the West.

I would rather have that life for free than pay half of my wealth for a failed institution called "Marriage".

You still haven't told me what this/these alternative approach(es) is/are.

I do understand that they may be cheaper in the long run, but what exactly are they? Spell it out for me, biko...

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:

No way

What men need to do is stop marrying women so the women have the free liberty, rights and responsibility to live their lives and make their money.

We don't need anyone leeching to rich men and then saying because I married him, I am entitled to half.

Women should only be entitled to money they make or can make.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You still haven't told me what this/these alternative approaches is/are.

I do understand that they may be cheaper in the long run, but what exactly are they. Spell it out for me, biko...

I plan to open a juicy thread on it. cool

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

I plan to open a juicy thread on it. cool

No.

Tell me now. Tired of waiting for you.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Please explain to me how carrying and giving birth makes a man hundreds of millions of pounds.

After you do, please direct me to the woman I can stick such in to get mine in another 9 months.

I never knew one has to pay women for getting pregnant. That is news to me.

The greatest treasure to a man surely must be what he can sell and get money for?

I have friends that are my companion, confidant, who help in business decisions and are encouraging and uplifting. I don't have to pay them a dime except they participate in the making of the money. Even strangers give me advice on business and they can't go to court to claim my assets.

I am sure if he paid for sex with women far finer than her for 17 years, who are professionals in sex, would do all he wants in bed and he can change them in size and body shape as he wishes, it would not cost him hundreds of millions. Things she can never do a tenth of.

Oya, try again. Explain how she contributed half to the money-making.

Marriage is a contract,I don't know why Nigerian men don't get that concept,perhaps because of our upside down country where nothing moves forward.
That contract recognizes that a woman is an equal partner in a marriage.
It for instance my husband goes out and uses our home to obtain a million dollar loan and it goes bad,that bad debt belongs to both of us
The same way if he makes a million,it is ours too

Do you know that if you played and won the lotto today and you are married she owns half the proceeds?
That is how serious marriage is taken in civilized countries
A man is free to remain single if he feels otherwise

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

No.

Tell me now. Tired of waiting for you.

You will have to wait o. grin

Good things come to those who wait. grin

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:

Marriage is a contract,I don't know why Nigerian men don't get that concept,perhaps because of our upside down country where nothing moves forward.
That contract recognizes that a woman is an equal partner in a marriage.
It for instance my husband goes out and uses our home to obtain a million dollar loan and it goes bad,that bad debt belongs to both of us
The same way if he makes a million,it is ours too

Do you know that if you played and won the lotto today and you are married she owns half the proceeds?
That is how serious marriage is taken in civilized countries
A man is free yo remain single if he feels otherwise

How is it a contract?

What are the terms of the contract? And how is it enforced?
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

How is it a contract?

What are the terms of the contract?

That is where you ought to start then
Maybe a topic " what is marriage" is a good way to begin
If marriage wasn't a contract there wouldn't be need for a prenup in an attempt to safeguard assets from it

This is another topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / 68-Year-Old Woman Battered By Her 79-Year-Old Husband In Lagos / Shalom Sam-Ogbaji Fled With Her 2 Kids, Not Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.