Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,040 members, 7,828,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) (22852 Views)

Full And Detailed Review Infinix HOT NOTE / Awesome Facts You Should Know About ANDROID {pics} / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Navyguy(m): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2014
Umamman:
i can't donwload any appz on my motorolar it keep talkig abt ds SU,
pls wia can i get d SU.
u can get su at computer vilage or ask ur vilage head grin
Umamman:
pls wia can i get d SU.
u can get su at computer vilage or ask ur vilage head
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ZUBY77(m): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2014
And I bricked my HTC One M7 trying to root it on my own. Very much unlike me.

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Everything I got from good search are confusing.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by omoadeleye(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2014
ify84:
My phon gave me this warning today.... What should I do... Uninstall root or allow it like that... See screenshot

abi you be mumu ni?? Whats your main purpose of rooting your phone before??
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by omoadeleye(m): 7:42am On Nov 29, 2014
Navyguy:
u can get su at computer vilage or ask ur vilage head grin u can get su at computer vilage or ask ur vilage head

haaahaa, you are a bad guy.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by victorix(m): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2014
Promking:
@Android gurus in the house

Can a superuser be uninstalled/frozen? by using Titanium backup pro

Alse can it be replaced by another 'superuser'

its cant be uninstalled normally because its a system app, but u can uninstall it using some speacial way, but i dont advice u to do dat.

Am not sure if super user can be replaced, have not tried it. But it can be updated

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by victorix(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2014
Davefirst:
Please ooo... who will teach us that doesn't know how to root the process... and need someone to share his experience of rooting on Tecno phones... please, need an urgent reply

go and download frama root
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by smudge2079(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Collinz2:
Rooting does nt brick android phone (use wrong method it wont root).

rooting does nt cause poor performers.

rooting does nt make ur phone to get virus.
Rooting with a wrong software can brick ur fone broda. No be today we don dey root andriod fones. Rooting is d best thing since Agege bread tho.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2014
smudge2079:

Rooting with a wrong software can brick ur fone broda. No be today we don dey root andriod fones. Rooting is d best thing since Agege bread tho.
if u say so that means my friend's htc would have brick long ago, cus i use wrong software and method it did nt root until i use htc quick rook.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by onyeuka: 8:15am On Nov 29, 2014
Lolzzzz op I can't even use any android phone without rooting it
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by zaragoza(m): 8:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Pls I need a step by step guidance on how I can root my galaxy S4. Thanks
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by FolabiCash: 8:17am On Nov 29, 2014
guys pls how do I root my infinix ? just download the app or what ?
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by maskid(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2014
Vikkiboi:
just here to make front page...okbye

Lol. U no serious
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2014
I root out of the box! Gotta get rid of bloat, AdAway is a must to block obnoxious ads and I need full customisability of my phone.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by maskid(m): 8:24am On Nov 29, 2014
DrGill:
Hv bin usin an android fone for almost 2years nw, its rooted nd i dont hv any antivirus( i mean no antivirus app) on it and am d browsin nd downloadin type. .
#so, d ish dat wen its rooted, d protection is off ..dats a *white lie*#

U hav not gone to the wrong place. If u want i can give u urls to visit with confirmed presence of rootkits, trojans and worms. If ur device doesnt wind down in 2 dayz call mi a goat.

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Cul4real(m): 8:25am On Nov 29, 2014
Pls guyz, i just bought Tecno H5 and i knew nothing regard rooting, please kindly give me the steps to follow to root my phone. Thanks.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Cul4real(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2014
maskid:

U hav not gone to the wrong place. If u want i can give u urls to visit with confirmed presence of rootkits, trojans and worms. If ur device doesnt wind down in 2 dayz call mi a goat.

please, are you advicing against rooting of phone? I just wish to know before i can make that attempt on my new tecno. Thanks.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 8:31am On Nov 29, 2014
maskid:

even if it get infected by virus, why do u think they make recovery image for android, u think google jst sit down and write open source os without reasoning.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by roufy235(m): 8:32am On Nov 29, 2014
okay
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Promking: 8:35am On Nov 29, 2014
maskid:

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by unmask: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Collinz2:
Rooting does nt brick android phone (use wrong method it wont root).

rooting does nt cause poor performers.

rooting does nt make ur phone to get virus.
help me tell the guy O...... Mixing rom installation with rooting
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by unmask: 8:40am On Nov 29, 2014
Wittylens:

You obviously don't know anything about Android.

Rooting your phone is like removing your protection. Once the protection is gone the phone becomes vunerable..
what protection is gone?...... In the end anything that happens to your phone is inadvertently caused by what you do after rooting not because you rooted....

Apps that require su will ask permission
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by unmask: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2014
TheRealAdonye:
I can do 1 and 2. I didn't need to root my phone to do that. .

Meanwhile, I am trying to root my Samsung S4 Zoom but its not working. I had rooted my former S3 before and I've upgraded my OS to KitKat so I consider myself an advanced user.
download the exact driver for the phone.... It is the most common cause of failed rooting
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by faaz24: 8:44am On Nov 29, 2014
How is rooting done ?
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2014
unmask:
what protection is gone?...... In the end anything that happens to your phone is inadvertently caused by what you do after rooting not because you rooted....

Apps that require su will ask permission
exactly, b4 any root app do its thing it wil ask u for permission to use root.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2014
unmask:
help me tell the guy O...... Mixing rom installation with rooting
gringringrin
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2014
patmaine:

ask urself if u 're authority on dis issue. or u just decide to troll...

with or without rooting ur phone can contact virus..
even android hardly contact virus..
I 've used HTC one s. LG. 3d.. galaxy s 2....s3....ace..s duos2. HTC o e m7 now...I rooted every single one of them.
rooting a phone can't slow ur phone...low memory slow ur phone....U can root ur phone to uninstall unnecessary manufacturer app.. thereby freeing up memory...
U can clock ur phones processing speed wen it's rooted...
assuming you 've tecno m3 which is a low speed phone...and u want to play or run an app dat requires a certain speed.. U can raise ur speed to dat required.. U can raise a 1g processor to 1.4g

stop misleading people op...

Bro how did u root ur HTC one m7 pls
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by unmask: 8:50am On Nov 29, 2014
Amadaz:
A smartphone is as good as a toy if you can't access the internet frequently. Team bb.
#bbsucks in all shapes and sizes, in all nomenclature and colours, #bbsucks both on and off the Internet, #bbsucks as a smartphone and as a feature phone, #bbsucks with or without a camera, #bbsucks with a passport or whether in a porsche, #bbsucks whether it claims bold or appears curved, #bbsucks whether throwing a javelin or causing a storm....... #bb has, will and forever #suck

6 Likes

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by unmask: 8:53am On Nov 29, 2014
Umamman:
pls wia can i get d SU.
go to any federal University you will see su

2 Likes

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 29, 2014
MsNas:
I hate the fact that I can't root my android cos I may lose my warranty, I tried doing it myself once, but the fear of losing the stupid warranty made me reconsider. It's annoying that I have to put up with the bloatware AT&T loads up on these devices. I had an update yesterday and all it did was install a lot of apps I don't even need, courtesy of AT&T and made the interface a lot crappier. I'm getting back to my Blackberry as soon as I can wing it, I love the freedom and fluidity the BB10 OS gives, I can own my device 100%. angry

android is d only os that offers freedom..
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2014
maskid:

bro I 've access to free data. I download and delete at will....the problem most android users have is dat the ignorant ones download apps they do not know d function...imagine Whr someone will download explorer app. and delete system files all in d name of making space..when the device malfunction .guess who they blame it on. virus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat(9mobile) 1GB For 200 / A Critical Analysis Of The 9mobile New Tariff Plans / Nigerians Dumping Glo Network For Airtel, Etisalat, & MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.