Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) (22843 Views)

Full And Detailed Review Infinix HOT NOTE / Awesome Facts You Should Know About ANDROID {pics} / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2014
patmaine:

bro I 've access to free data. I download and delete at will....the problem most android users have is dat the ignorant ones download apps they do not know d function...imagine Whr someone will download explorer app. and delete system files all in d name of making space..when the device malfunction .guess who they blame it on. virus.
gringringringrin
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by amofah1(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Contact me if u need any rooting guide @ 51531B21 my pin
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 29, 2014
youmour:

Bro how did u root ur HTC one m7 pls

call he 'll help u. +2348161257251
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by victorix(m): 9:46am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2014
why would anyone say rooting has disadvantages?? rooting only becomes bad to you if you don't know what you are doing.. Rooting , superuser/chainfire is the best thing to ever happen to Android... Cwm and twrp recovery is the second best...

THE DAY, CHAINFIRE DEVELOPER GIVES UP ON ANDROID AND ROOT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE, IS THE DAY I WILL GET TIRED OF ANDROID

2 Likes

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by deloon(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2014
Collinz2:
let me say 90% of android users has root their phone how many of them complain of virus?
rooting only gives u more administrator's rights to ur phone.
Dude I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell if you have a virus in your phone. Contrary to what people think, there are viruses that cause no physical/technical harm to your phone. All they do is to spy on you and steal sensitive data.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by birdman(m): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2014
Wittylens is correct. When you root your phone, you have root access to all files on the phone. You can delete anything, replace radio image etc. The problem is you have given a backdoor to rogue apps. The amount of damage they can do goes from being able to steal your information to wiping your data, installing virus etc. I have some rooted phones, but no way I root my primary phone. Any Linux user knows the foolishness of running as root. Rooting your phone is a close second, just because of the power apps can now have.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by smudge2079(m): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2014
Collinz2:
if u say so that means my friend's htc would have brick long ago, cus i use wrong software and method it did nt root until i use htc quick rook.
i pity u. Continue... Am telling u from experience. During my novice days with Android fones rooting & flashing of custom rom... I bricked two different fones by using a wrong software to root dem.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Amadaz(m): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2014
unmask:
#bbsucks in all shapes and sizes, in all nomenclature and colours, #bbsucks both on and off the Internet, #bbsucks as a smartphone and as a feature phone, #bbsucks with or without a camera, #bbsucks with a passport or whether in a porsche, #bbsucks whether it claims bold or appears curved, #bbsucks whether throwing a javelin or causing a storm....... #bb has, will and forever #suck
That's your own opinion anyway...
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Umamman(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2014
unmask:
go to any federal University you will see su

i'll mr olodo.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
pls i use sony xperia arc s. it has 512mb ram. pls how can i root it
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Umamman(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Navyguy:
u can get su at computer vilage or ask ur vilage head grin u can get su at computer vilage or ask ur vilage head

my village head is far far away from me, ll u help me with head of ur house.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
smudge2079:
i pity u. Continue... Am telling u from experience. During my novice days with Android fones rooting & flashing of custom rom... I bricked two different fones by using a wrong software to root dem.
thats a lie, if rooting really brick phone everybody with android would have brick their phone using wrong method.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
deloon:

Dude I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell if you have a virus in your phone. Contrary to what people think, there are viruses that cause no physical/technical harm to your phone. All they do is to spy on you and steal sensitive data.
wht sensitive data do i have on my phone, is it my password or wht. Hack my mail i wil create new one, wht else?
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by yahaya1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
take note that only MTK devices can be rooted so do your self a favour to know list of MTK devices.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
yahaya1:
take note that only MTK devices can be rooted so do your self a favour to know list of MTK devices.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Whizkel(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
Can RAM of an android phone be increase? If yes. Holla me here or mail meoluwalanagbemileke002@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by smudge2079(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
Collinz2:
thats a lie, if rooting really brick phone everybody with android would have brick their phone using wrong method.
this is no competition but if u want to make it one , u win! Am telling u dere are some apps out dere dat will brick ur fone if u try using dem at all , u telling me nonsense. Mtchewwww
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ify84(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
aceTS:

ignore d warning. the warning just told you exactly what rooting means.

Alright.. Thanks
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ify84(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
omoadeleye:

abi you be mumu ni?? Whats your main purpose of rooting your phone before??

Thanks all d same.... Not minding d indirect insult.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ify84(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
Wittylens:

Uninstall

Noted saa
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Sammyblaq(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
how can i get my andy rooted pls.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
smudge2079:
this is no competition but if u want to make it one , u win! Am telling u dere are some apps out dere dat will brick ur fone if u try using dem at all , u telling me nonsense. Mtchewwww
name the rooting apps that brick phone

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
yahaya1:
wht are u saying? Are u from this planet at all

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by CuteMaro(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
UchihaItachi:

What do you mean by no risks, I've seen many people complaining about not being able to use their phones for a long time cos it's bricked and they didn't know what to do about it or have tried but couldn't fix it. Maybe it's not that common anymore because people are learning to take precautions but still, someone that is new to it needs to be reminded of the potential risk so they would be prepared in case anything goes haywire.
if u read and carefully follow procedures for the rooting of a particular phone, there is certainly no risks involved. As 4 a rooted phone, u can easily unbrick as many times as you brick, u can as well recover ur phone when Locked beyond code entries, without having to format system. These 2 above stated cases, would cost an unrooted phone user alot of Cash, and in d case of bricking, irreversible damage. Maybe we should use Google and YouTube more Often, to prevent these kind of talks.

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Whoever wrote this crap must be using a Nokia 3310 because he actually has very limited. if any, knowledge of what rooting is.

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
CuteMaro:

if u read and carefully follow procedures for the rooting of a particular phone, there is certainly no risks involved. As 4 a rooted phone, u can easily unbrick as many times as you brick, u can as well recover ur phone when Locked beyond code entries, without having to format system. These 2 above stated cases, would cost an unrooted phone user alot of Cash, and in d case of bricking, irreversible damage. Maybe we should use Google and YouTube more Often, to prevent these kind of talks.

Dude, there are two basic types of bricks. The soft and the hard. The soft brick can easily be fixed and recovered from, but when you hard brick a phone. It has a 90% chance of staying dead for life. No pun intended. grin grin
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ewizard1: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
onyeuka:
Lolzzzz op I can't even use any android phone without rooting it

WELL SAID!!
BEST SAID!!!
GBAM TALK!!!
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ewizard1: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
My brain can NEVER relate with NON ROOTED Phone...

Once I get a new Android, my first 5 installed app, 2 would require ROOT!
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by bamto(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pls, can Techno F7 be rooted? I've tried in vain to root it. Plus, I cannot download any app even when there is enough space. It keeps saying 'insufficient space' I tire o. Help!
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by ps3o(m): 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
rooting gives you administrative rights over the function and use of your phone. After rooting and developer's actions, my phone boots in just 2secs plus the control of using VPN and so on
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by CuteMaro(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, there are two basic types of bricks. The soft and the hard. The soft brick can easily be fixed and recovered from, but when you hard brick a phone. It has a 90% chance of staying dead for life. No pun intended. grin grin
I know, wanted to explain it in d simplest way... As in 2 say brick is brick 4 easy understanding.... But when u soft brick an unrooted phone, chances of getting it back r slim, & moreover, u just can't easily HARD BRICK ur phone, it happens in most cases of carelessness. One more thing, root privileges is for people who knows what they are doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lovely Text Messages For Your Love Ones / Ending Mtn's Impunity / Etisalat(9mobile) 1GB For 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.