Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) (22850 Views)

Full And Detailed Review Infinix HOT NOTE / Awesome Facts You Should Know About ANDROID {pics} / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by vitality22(m): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
What rooting method can be used to root Tecno phantom N9 tablet?
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:40am On Nov 30, 2014
CuteMaro:

I know, wanted to explain it in d simplest way... As in 2 say brick is brick 4 easy understanding.... But when u soft brick an unrooted phone, chances of getting it back r slim, & moreover, u just can't easily HARD BRICK ur phone, it happens in most cases of carelessness. One more thing, root privileges is for people who knows what they are doing.

Chances of recovering a soft brick phone is never slim. Most often, it requires a re-installation of the stock rom. Seems like you really don't know much about this.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by CuteMaro(m): 6:29am On Nov 30, 2014
henryskywalker2003:

Chances of recovering a soft brick phone is never slim. Most often, it requires a re-installation of the stock rom. Seems like you really don't know much about this.
Unless you are saying you can flash the rom of a similar phone using the stock recovery, and that has neva worked for me.. Using Clockwork mode recovery for rooted phones has been 99.9% successful for me, and u can't use clockwork mode recovery on an unrooted phone.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by emmy02(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2014
Collinz2:
Rooting does nt brick android phone (use wrong method it wont root).

rooting does nt cause poor performers.

rooting does nt make ur phone to get virus.

My brother, rooting bricks android phones + u n all the people dat liked ur post probably don't hv an android phone.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 7:47am On Nov 30, 2014
emmy02:

My brother, rooting bricks android phones + u n all the people dat liked ur post probably don't hv an android phone.
tell me the rooting app that brick android phone.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by emmy02(m): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Collinz2:
tell me the rooting app that brick android phone.

A rooting app dat successfully roots a phone might still b d app dat ruins that same phone wen something goes wrong. I once had a tecno L3 i rooted it successfully, wen i bought another tecno L3 n tried rooting it, brother d phone die. Had to take it to carl care at Kd whr it was fixed. Abt phone viruses, wen a virus affects ur fone u probably won't see any change but vital info like ur saved passwords, ur credit card details, ur login credentials n so many orda things from ur phone will b stolen.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2014
emmy02 whts the name of the app let me download it
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by emmy02(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Collinz2:
emmy02 whts the name of the app let me download it

Ur funny man. Do u know what SP flash tool is? Do u know about patching of the boot img file? Tell me d app u used to root ur phone. FRAMAROOT? many phones hv different methods of rooting dats one thing u should know.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
emmy02:

Ur funny man. Do u know what SP flash tool is? Do u know about patching of the boot img file? Tell me d app u used to root ur phone. FRAMAROOT? many phones hv different methods of rooting dats one thing u should know.
i know
i only use framaroot for tecno. Sp flash tool is nothing, i deal with odin, quick root and sometimes use cmd command to root phones.

1 Like

Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by emmy02(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
Collinz2:
i know
i only use framaroot for tecno. Sp flash tool is nothing, i deal with odin, quick root and sometimes use cmd command to root phones.

And uve never come across a bricked phone due to defects in the rooting process?
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Collinz2(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
emmy02:

And uve never come across a bricked phone due to defects in the rooting process?
no.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by CuteMaro(m): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2014
You end up with a bricked phone when :

1. U install apps without reading other users review, e. g some font apps, Chain fire 3D for some unrooted phones.
2. U fail to backup your stock rom before flashing a custom rom.
3. U flash a corrupt, incomplete or incompatible rom on your device.
4. U fail to replace the necessary files in a custom rom with the ones in ur stock rom when required.
5. U format system in recovery.
6. U....... the list goes on, but u dnt brick ur phone when rooting. Like a guy earlier said, 'mention just one root app or method that bricks phones'.
Happy New Month
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by Elsquidme(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
CuteMaro:

Unless you are saying you can flash the rom of a similar phone using the stock recovery, and that has neva worked for me.. Using Clockwork mode recovery for rooted phones has been 99.9% successful for me, and u can't use clockwork mode recovery on an unrooted phone.
guy you be learner. i unbrick a phone that was softbrick by using a stock rooted rom and at the sametime flashed a clockworkmod recovery.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by amparas(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
If your phone smart is bricked, All you need to do is to flash it with the stock rom of that phone & if you are in need of stock roms of phones like Tecno, Gionee, Lenovo etc go to http://amparasroms..com
tutorials on how to flash the stock roms on the phones & other tutorials are also available on the blog.
Re: Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) by leanpad001(m): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
rooting does not brick android phones.........wow says who ? I wasn't told bro it happened to me once while rooting my HTC vivid though it was a soft brick I could easily figure a way out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ending Mtn's Impunity / Etisalat(9mobile) 1GB For 200 / A Critical Analysis Of The 9mobile New Tariff Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.