Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (656182 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=raumdeuter post=50849001]
Kasich couldt even raise enough money to run his campaign
Kasich doesnt have the ground game a Bush has. What Hillary is tapping into is 30yrs of ground game and coalition building only one family can match a Clinton in US and thats a Bush

You think all the fund raising Hillary is doing will ever match Bush[/quote

What i am saying is this,Kasich would have actually give hillary a run for her money..It would have being a good campaign devoid of abuses and not about pussy grabbing..Kasich is Republican but i see him as a Democrat...He was in the White House not too long ago sef..

A Bush isnt needed anymore as Americans where tired of the Bush Family..Shey na only them dey for America nii..I insist either Kasich or Rubio would have give Hillary some tough time and not this yeye Man called Trump...

Americans should come out tommorow and vote for Hillary and send the con man trump back to he's tower where all he knows is to scam people..
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Trump supporters have taken it to the extreme folks.I'm scared they would start some crazy sh** tomorrow.This is the second effigy of Hillary hanged that I've seen.
Do not let that bother you. They are used to intimidating people. I told you a while ago to exercise your second amendment rights. I went to the polling station yesterday fully loaded waiting for someone to mess with me. They will shout and scream and they will get used to Madam President Hillary Clinton the same way they get used to Obama.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are right. John Kasich would have been the best republican choice since he won't have the baggage Jeb Bush will have due to his brother 's worthless adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yes,He would have been..But the Republican Party has shown they are a party that would do away with good right thinking men and go with a worthless and shameless Old Man..Too Bad..Too Bad

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2016
CFCman:

I just checked and NV is now leaning Blue.
All the Hispanics in greater Las Vegas area trooping out in record number against the racist. Florida was the same way. Just finished talking to my oldest daughter in Lakeland near you there and she couldn't believe the Latinos and Latinas against the worthless one. I am projecting 320 electoral votes for Madam President elect. Sorry CFCman, that's for Valeriansteel.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 11:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
grin still make your vote count pal.
The race has has been one of a kind. Very mafia - like and scary from the beginning. Yes, I know @ Anna.

raumdeuter:

Dont worry the Grabber of Pussy will likely lose

I am thinking how different the election would have been if it was Rubio or Bush who faced Hillary. That would have been my type of Republican candidate. Not this orange man,

The race for 2020 starts on Wednesday. Now we have to get our party back, chase Trump back to his New York towers

Amend nomination rules that makes it impossible for demagogues like Trump to get party nomination

2020 its my turn to make Hillary one term and make Jeb Bush President, Ana Navvaro will begin working on the Jeb 2020 project

You know she's a Jeb surrogate
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 11:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
happney65:
What i am saying is this,Kasich would have actually give hillary a run for her money..It would have being a good campaign devoid of abuses and not about pussy grabbing..Kasich is Republican but i see him as a Democrat...He was in the White House not too long ago sef..

A Bush isnt needed anymore as Americans where tired of the Bush Family..Shey na only them dey for America nii..I insist either Kasich or Rubio would have give Hillary some tough time and not this yeye Man called Trump...

Kasich is a gentleman but you need more than that to win an election in the US, Unless you just want a candidate Hillary will run over, He doesnt have the organisation or fund raising to match a Clinton machinery that has been built for close to 40yrs

You are complaining about Bush when campaigning for a CLinton former First lady of Arkansas, Former First lady of US, former Senator, former secretary of state you dont see the irony there?

Quoting you: Shey na only her dey America ni?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 12:21am On Nov 08, 2016
I heard Trump twitter account has been seized by Kellyanne Conway and Melania

Imagine what a child that they need to control use of electronics

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 08, 2016
raumdeuter:
I heard Trump twitter account has been seized by Kellyanne Conway and Melania

Imagine what a child that they need to control use of electronics
Lmao

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 12:46am On Nov 08, 2016
What are your projections of what the elctoral map would look like after everything

I am projecting. Lets know yours

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:26am On Nov 08, 2016
raumdeuter:
What are your projections of what the elctoral map would look like after everything

I am projecting. Lets know yours
I think the election will be close cause Comey's letter destroyed our landslide chances.I expect Trump to do very well than expected but he'll still lose.Or maybe we still have a landslide in bag.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:57am On Nov 08, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I think the election will be close cause Comey's letter destroyed our landslide chances.I expect Trump to do very well than expected but he'll still lose.Or maybe we still have a landslide in bag.

I disagree buddy. I am still calling it a landslide by electoral votes of anywhere from 300 to 330 votes. I was never afraid even with Comey last minute interference. I sincerely believe in the judgement of the American people not to elect a confirmed racist as president. We shall see tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 3:35am On Nov 08, 2016
HRC:I want to apologize for how angry this campaign has been.

Supporter screams:Not your fault.

Seeing Barack and Hill on the same stage was just too beautiful.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 08, 2016
For the first time since 1944, both major candidates for president would hold their election night rallies in New York City.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 4:17am On Nov 08, 2016
ValerianSteel:

which states do you think Trump can win or flip
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 4:32am On Nov 08, 2016
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

Dont worry the Grabber of Pussy will likely lose

I am thinking how different the election would have been if it was Rubio or Bush who faced Hillary. That would have been my type of Republican candidate. Not this orange man,

The race for 2020 starts on Wednesday. Now we have to get our party back, chase Trump back to his New York towers

Amend nomination rules that makes it impossible for demagogues like Trump to get party nomination

2020 its my turn to make Hillary one term and make Jeb Bush President, Ana Navvaro will begin working on the Jeb 2020 project

You know she's a Jeb surrogate

Erm that's what you guys said in 2012. 2020 may be Alex jones. The lunatics Ti take over
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 5:22am On Nov 08, 2016
oyb:
Erm that's what you guys said in 2012. 2020 may be Alex jones. The lunatics Ti take over

That's because we dont have a super delegate system. Without it an Independent named Bernie Sanders could have been the Democratic nominee
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by donjazet(m): 5:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Please can someone enlighten me further on the US method of winning election. This electoral college stuff.
Cc raumdeuter
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:06am On Nov 08, 2016
Dixville Notch in New Hampshire started voting a minute pass midnight Eastern Time already. We will know the winner in about 18hours from now.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Dixville Notch in New Hampshire started voting a minute pass midnight Eastern Time already. We will know the winner in about 18hours from now.

The results from that town are:

Clinton 4, Trump 2, Johnson 1, Romney (write-in) 1.

U.S. Senate: Kelly Ayotte 4, Governor Maggie Hassan 4.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:14am On Nov 08, 2016
CFCman:

The results from that town are:

Clinton 4, Trump 2, Johnson 1, Romney (write-in) 1.

U.S. Senate: Kelly Ayotte 4, Governor Maggie Hassan 4.
In my partisan mood, I say that's the beginning of a good thing for Hillary.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
This is the thread that should be on front page and not all those useless threads with lies as their focal point..I don't know what the Moderators are waiting for..This.is the thread that has kept it going all these while from the debates till now.. seun over to you..

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by donjazet(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2016
@ Valeriansteel, please she'd some light on the electoral college stuff.

Lalasticlala do the needful.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by patrickmuf(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2016
The electoral college is designed to give lowly populated state an equal opportunity in the grand scheme of electing the potus...Only members of the house (upper and lower house) vote to choose their leaders, since the distribution of senators is equal and reps dependent on population, it gives small states a voice in the process...
In Nigeria for instance a man from Kano is always gonna win vs a man from Delta with links in cross river cos the population of kano alone is more than that of delta and cross river combined but if we adopted the American system, it'd be 3 vs 6 senators and the members of the lower house to decide of emerges victorious...

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Appleyard(m): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2016
missjo:
Trump will surely be remembered in history for a very long time. cheesy
You can say that again....

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by veekid(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2016
happney65:
This is the thread that should be on front page and not all those useless threads with lies as their focal point..I don't know what the Moderators are waiting for..This.is the thread that has kept it going all these while from the debates till now.. seun over to you..
Seconded

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by seunmsg(m): 10:36am On Nov 08, 2016
happney65:

You are going to spoil the beauty of this thread if you get the mods to push it to FP. So many people who know nothing about the US election will come in and pollute the place. It will become very difficult to monitor the meaningful update and discussion. The thread should be left alone here abeg.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2016
seunmsg:

You are going to spoil the beauty of this thread if you get the mods to push it to FP. So many people who know nothing about the US election will come in and pollute the place. It will become very difficult to monitor the meaningful update and discussion. The thread should be left alone here abeg.

Hmmmmmmm well said i think..I think you got a good Point...I think we should live it here as it has always being...so some yeye people wont spoil the beauty of this Place..
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Appleyard(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
donjazet:
Please can someone enlighten me further on the US method of winning election. This electoral college stuff.
Cc raumdeuter
The electoral college system makes it possible for a presidential candidate to win majority of the votes cast but still end up losing the election. It has happened before. Call it "minoritocracy," the stark antithesis to democracy.

Lucasbalo, valeriansteel, CFCman: what are the latest results now? Am not watching live telecast cause the bad weather is dealing with my subscription service. So, what's cooking? :\
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
I don't know why this looks to me like another Brexit.

Two days to Brexit the last polls were consistent REMAIN 55% LEAVE 45%

Every pundit on the main stream media said the UK will remain in the EU. Betting companies said there is 90% chance of REMAIN and the first vote from Gibraltar was >90% REMAIN and everyone sort of knew the outcome. Only that by midnight it was becoming to close to call and by morning REMAIN 48% LEAVE 52%. If Trump wins then the elites will have to try a new population control method different from the current MSM

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
patrickmuf:
The electoral college is designed to give lowly populated state an equal opportunity in the grand scheme of electing the potus...Only members of the house (upper and lower house) vote to choose their leaders, since the distribution of senators is equal and reps dependent on population, it gives small states a voice in the process...
In Nigeria for instance a man from Kano is always gonna win vs a man from Delta with links in cross river cos the population of kano alone is more than that of delta and cross river combined but if we adopted the American system, it'd be 3 vs 6 senators and the members of the lower house to decide of emerges victorious...

Actually, each state is entitled to the number of electors that is equal to their combined number of members of the US House of Reps and US Senators.

For example, Florida is represented in the House of Reps by 27 members; and the Senate by 2 Senators. So, the state's total number of electoral college votes is 29.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
In my partisan mood, I say that's the beginning of a good thing for Hillary.

Three towns voted by midnight in NH and Trump won 32 to 25 for Clinton. Clinton won in two towns but Trump won the third town by 16 - 4. Remember MSM never reports a Trump victory. I hope it wont be a Brexit 2.0

http://nypost.com/2016/11/08/voters-in-first-towns-to-close-polls-give-trump-early-lead/?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.