Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites (5165 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Secret Trial For Nnamdi Kanu. / Nigeria Seeks $3Billion Loan From China / Nigeria Seeks $1.5Billion From China For Rice, Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by zignor(m): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
Nigeria is in closet sad angry
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by cyras: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2008
Hi my Nairalanders i have read through all ur discussion, if u people see the Broadcasting clearly from starting when  the Lunch of Rocket or spaceship of the satellite it Look real, But after the Thing enter space the environment just look like a 3D display and the Space come fine Glittering  like a shining elewa black pot So after 35minute of the 3D show NTA just get break in transmission.
          Agbe nairalanders Help me see the matter how our Government Take they Fool the Masses
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by argent(f): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
this nigeria of a 1 thing has started posting his silly links.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by hilli666(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2008
I have come to the conclusion that, Nigerians by natural disposition are puerile and insipid. Now obviously, it is only natural that some truculent over patriotic denizens of our beloved country receive this conclusion with rage, and it is only to be expected that I receive some heated rebuttals demanding a recant or an explanation to such an audacious comment. But I say non the less, my reasons lie in the less than favorable news that keeps heralding from our country. The share nerve and audacity displayed by our so called politician and ministers e.g requesting for more money when no feasible explanations has been provided as to where abouts or the happenings of the previously lost satellite. Apparently they think that the Nigerian people don't deserve a proper explanation, and from the looks of it the Nigerian people arnt demanding one. How much more money will be embezzled in the name of science and technology before we realise that we've been hoodwinked??
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Obalende: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2008
this is slightly offpoint but I'm going to say it. guys, I am learning a lot of vocab from this forum - as guys de blow english like this. "partisan politics", "puerile and insipid". that got me lost for a second - but i am learning - thanks!!!!

the nigerian situation is a case of trying to cure skin cancer by using expensive body creams to cover up the real condition instead of going for chemotherapy. cancerous cells must be removed(die) and not covered up by nice cream and million dollar clothes.

This is one of many senseless projects that attempts to just cover up the cancer in the society - there are many things that can be prioritised over this - do we really need an independent satellite for this? can't we collaborate with China or the US and pay them a small fee and they send data to our on weather/climate station. I am a realist and I know it would be great for us to have our own stations,etc - but the country has other "cancers" in the society that must be dealt with before .

How about not borrowing money & spending from national funds on our "cancers" which include:
* Poverty alleviation
* Education (with proper research funding - in fact, it would have made sense if all this money went into research funding into some key issues affecting nigeria - governments around the world know the importance of research funding).
* Job creation and massive infrastructure development (2 year project max - once its a "10 year plan" it smost likely a fraud).

No, the govt wont deal with the real issues - they circumvent them. no emergency response unit that really works and helps victims of ghastly accidents that happen daily across d nations highways.

the story is the same - from useless stadiums in abuja (not that there is anything instrinsically wrong with these things) costing billions that a lot of people can't afford to watch matches in, to miami style airports proposed for lagos that most of the population can't fly from; to the mega city beautification project in lagos that does nothing to create jobs (i prefer many have jobs but city doesnt look nice to;city looks nice but many r jobless).

It beggars belief that from independence till date we have had one useless govt to another - who instead of curing the cancer in our society (how about educating nigerians that killing people en masse is NOT civilised and that dispute can be settled in courts as has been seen in Jos?) - love to embark on stupid projects*.

Solution: Nigeria needs uniform, sustained and organic growth that affects every citizen in a tangible way.

*As many nairalanders like to take things personal I have to put a disclaimer. I have not said violence only happens in nigeria and killings only happen in nigeria, i have not said you are not educated, these and other statements are not intended to be taken personally.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by saviola24: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2008
obj na yahooze old man
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Adeomoayo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2008
shocked I think we Nigerian need more explanation on the first satellites and how it got lost, and on who and who are in charge of it before they we'll be asking for another billions of Nara that will disappear to the thin air like the first one satellites. It's high time we learn to be prudent in our spending. Not until our leaders are accountable for their actions nothing meaningful will be achieve in this country of ours.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by iukpe: 12:26am On Dec 05, 2008
Does anyone know what kind of contracts are associated with this satellite project thing, I am interested.

Let us look at the brighter side!
N40 billion plus N59 billion is not too much for our Nation's Technological advancement.

If the satellite thing is successful, it can provide jobs in the future for NIGERIAN ASTRONAUTS.
Maybe we could develop technology using sunlight reflected from the satellite to generate much needed electricity to power our industries.
Youths can be trained to repair this satellite so next time it will not PARK itself as it was said, and then get missing at the end.

I own a small company and currently into general supplies/ construction, and am really interested in this satellite project I will like to know how to register with NigComSat Limited as contarctor.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by kosovo(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2008
i have not had time to comet ever.
to say that Nigeria problems is just never ending, is to say the obvious.
N40 billion in drains in less than 2 years and the only thing the minister could say was, there was no problem, that
the satellite was insured is even more worrisome.
Well it not surprising that a proper investigation has not been set up, to tell us what really happened.
when the president doesn't even have control over his county.
a president that set up a ministry and couldn't find a minister.
a president that sacked 20 minister without any replacement ever,
such a president would never have anything to offer.
every thing in this nation is just flip-flop.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by ernal(m): 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2008
I like the ring tone of this! I am sure i have heard this same ring tone b4,De Ja Vu!
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by vowiski(m): 6:11am On Dec 06, 2008
what can i say?
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2008
hilli666:

I have come to the conclusion that, Nigerians by natural disposition are puerile and insipid. Now obviously, it is only natural that some truculent over patriotic denizens of our beloved country receive this conclusion with rage, and it is only to be expected that I receive some heated rebuttals demanding a recant or an explanation to such an audacious comment. But I say non the less, my reasons lie in the less than favorable news that keeps heralding from our country. The share nerve and audacity displayed by our so called politician and ministers e.g requesting for more money when no feasible explanations has been provided as to where abouts or the happenings of the previously lost satellite. Apparently they think that the Nigerian people don't deserve a proper explanation, and from the looks of it the Nigerian people arnt demanding one. How much more money will be embezzled in the name of science and technology before we realise that we've been hoodwinked??

Blowing grammar does not make you look/sound learned. It only shows your arrogance. Didn't they teach you well in english/literature in college?
If your audience was a bunch of literature students, your above essay might have been appropriate.
Enough with all the nonsense posing. You're not impressing anyone.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Charlesmud(m): 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2008
What can I say too? I tire for our leaders oo

Nigeria problem is never gonna end if Nigerian (Nigerian youths) dont react to this , black black black shit,

We know the problem, we know the source, But we dont know how to resolve it
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by player007(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2008
i still cant understand how nigeria's satellite dissapeared from space.was it stolen or what? or was it that it was one of the pple that built it that came back to steal it?
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by MoneyRule(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2008
Well, i believe that maybe aliens from maybe mars stole it!! grin
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Muza(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2008
This guyz don reina us grin (the masses)
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by somidot(m): 2:44am On Dec 09, 2008
i tot our Baba tried all he could to get us out of the debt situation we were when he entered.
its a pity that before 4 years after all his hard work we are already PLEADING for another one cry
OH God where is your intervening hand in Nigeria. We need deliverance in all arears
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by FBS: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
Maybe its time for a revolution is Nigeria. Something, in fact everything is fundamentally wronG.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by hilli666(m): 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-town:

Blowing grammar does not make you look/sound learned. It only shows your arrogance. Didn't they teach you well in English/literature in college?
If your audience was a bunch of literature students, your above essay might have been appropriate.
Enough with all the nonsense posing. You're not impressing anyone.

It is in my opinion that there are many well versed and educated patrons in Nairaland. Wether or not you are one of them, remains debateable. Once again another brazen and colossal display of, for lack of a better euphemism, STUPIDITY.
OH my bad, I forgot I have to speak like the uneducated, absent minded, barely literate SWINE that you are.
The share nerve you have, to assume that people on Niraland are not literate enough to comprehend the meaning of "Insipid and Puerile" Sums up you arrogance.

Next time, speak for yourself and don't make any hasty generalization to cover up for your own short fall. People like you give Nigerians a bad name. Besides, shouldn't you be in the kids section of this forum e.g Nairaland for kids.com. because you certainly display the mentality of a 12yr old.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by thetruth90: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2008
i support the idea of building a new satellite. but the power pack should be standard, and not the 'tiger' i better pass my neighbour generator on nigsatcom1 grin
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by PurestBoy(m): 1:21am On Dec 12, 2008
Another attempt to embezzle fund!!! Kai na which country be dis? May God help us all
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by kosovo(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2008
PurestBoy:

Another attempt to embezzle fund!!! Kai na which country be this? May God help us all
i pray one day BABA GOD doesn't get tired of this nation.
IF I WERE him i'd long send fire and brimstone to kill everybody so that peace can reign, in other regions.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2008
hilli666:

It is in my opinion that there are many well versed and educated patrons in Nairaland. Wether or not you are one of them, remains debateable. Once again another brazen and colossal display of, for lack of a better euphemism, STUPIDITY.
OH my bad, I forgot I have to speak like the uneducated, absent minded, barely literate SWINE that you are.
The share nerve you have, to assume that people on Niraland are not literate enough to comprehend the meaning of "Insipid and Puerile" Sums up you arrogance.

Next time, speak for yourself and don't make any hasty generalization to cover up for your own short fall. People like you give Nigerians a bad name. Besides, shouldn't you be in the kids section of this forum e.g Nairaland for kids.com. because you certainly display the mentality of a 12yr old.

You may get as angry as you want but it will not hide the fact that you are trying to impress by blowing grammar. I don't need to prove my grasp of the english language to you. You don't need to "form" to convey your message. By the way, i was not speaking for everyone. I was just expressing my opinion.
I didn't specify any word that you used. The fact that you identified words in your own sentence tells a lot. I only critiqued your grammar!!
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by banom(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2008
i  personaly agree that it is wise a move by the government to replace the lost satelite if truely any satelite was built and it is realy missing, But what effort or plan is been put in place to ensure that this second one will not miss as well ?

Again, i am surposed the first one was insured, then why is nigeria going to borrow money to build another one ?
What was the essence of the insurance ?

The truth is that there are many possibilites in this SATELITE ISSUE,

IT IS POSSIBLE A SATELITE WAS ACTUALY BUILT,

IT IS POSSIBLE IT IS REALY MISSING,

IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT IT IS NOT MISSING,

IT IS  ALSO POSSIBLE THERE WAS NO SATELITE BUILT IN THE FIRST PLACE ,

IT IS STILL POSSIBLE THAT THE GOVERNMENT WILL BORROW THE MONEY  FOR NEW SATELITE AND GO AND BRING OUT THE OLD ONE IN THE NAME OF NEW ONE,

IT IS STILL POSSIBLE THAT THEY WILL BORROW THE MONEY FOR THE SECOND SATELITE AND WILL NOT BUILD ANY SATELITE,

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS SECOND SATELITE IF EVENTUALLY BUILT, WILL ONE DAY GET MISSING LIKE THE FIRST ONE,

IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS OFFICIAL YAHOO YAHOO.

THERE ARE LOTS OF POSSIBLITES IN THIS SATELITE ISSUE,

Nigerian government have not finished raplacing or repairing damaged roads, infrastructures, power ,etc, things that we can see , touch and confirme, they want to quickly go and replace the one in the space that got missing some days ago,  i sense a big game here,
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Naijex: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2008
Imagine china don 19 us die.
Nig com sat 1 was launch by china an financed by Chinese bank -1 st round them tamba for Naija
Them guys(chinese) see say we be mugu, them see say the 1st round sweet.
See Igbira guy again he dey beg for another round.i know china for sure them go do it again.
What happened to unilorin,oau,ui,abu we no fit spend money on R&D. too bad.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by kosovo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2008
huh?
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Tornadoz(m): 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2008
They'd be given even more than they asked for, this is what prevails in the absence of probity.
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by chidichris(m): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2008
they as well prepare a loan of N100 billion for nigcom 3 bcs this 2 will soon fly off.
what happened to the contract agreements?
do u just spend money like that?
that is a display of madness
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by Willaims: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2008
Hello, It is my pleasure to write you in respect of my agency.
We are a private loan agency located in London, United Kingdom; we are searching for reliable persons who are genuinely in need of loans. Please if interested in transacting business with us you can contact us for more information, if this proposal is acceptable to you. Please get back to us, so that remuneration can be worked out for your services as our business partner as your location shall determine. We offer the following kinds of loans:
* Personal Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
* Business Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
* Consolidation Loan
Combination Loan and many more. Email us for more information about our loans.

Mrs.Jane Coffe
Jane Financial Agency
Email:Jane_loansinvetment@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by samkid(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
My people wetin no go miss for this country?
Human don miss taya,
Moto don miss,
Ship self miss,
even eroplane de miss,
now na satelite dey miss,
Hmm!! who knows wetin go miss next
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by BOSS7: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
I hope and pray that Yar'Adua and the other corrupt coons would soon go missing and we no go find them again, somebody say amen!!!
Re: Nigeria Seeks N59 billion Loan To Build New Satellites by samkid(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2009
amen! amen!! and amen!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony -one-week Emerges Minority Leader In Anambra House / Don't Re-arrest Kanu - Boko Haram Warns / Ondo Speaker Seeks President Buhari, NASS Intervention In Assembly Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.