Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I (24975 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Meet Nakku Justine, A Multi-million Farmer At 25. / "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2014
Are You Interested In Agribusiness Get Free Land And Training At WABI Oyo State.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 9:15am On Dec 02, 2014
Dyt:
WABI

World1 oya post it here

Are you interested in Agribusiness?
Get Free 20 hectares of land and training at WABI Centre Ogbomosho.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2014
Before I continue on this lofty opportunity, I want to say a big thank you to Seun Osewa for creating this platform called Nairaland.

Agriculture is one of the earliest occupation of mankind. Right now its one of the highest earning occupations all over the world.

As our population rises, there is also a rise in food consumption here in Nigeria, Africa and globally. As a result of this there is a need for an increase in agricultural activities and technique.

This cannot be done without people being encouraged especially the youth to go back into agriculture which use to be a major part of our nations economy contributing a high percentage of our Gross Domestic Product (GDP)

This has prompted 2 active, young Agropreneur (Mr Adeniyi Sola Bunmi
CEO Natural Nutrient Limited and Mr Debo Thomas Olushola
MD Hastom Global services Limited)
to come up with an idea tagged WEST AGRI-BUSINESS INITIATIVE (WABI) in order to encourage young people into agriculture.

WABI is willing to provide the opportunity for 50 serious young and able people willing to key into agribusiness industry.
This opportunity is for those who apply and are selected through a process.

WABI will make available 20 hectares of land to the lucky participants and they will also be trained in agricultural practices ranging from planting to marketing for free at WABI FARMERS HUB located in Ogbomosho, Oyo state

This will increase the agricultural outputs of our nation, and at the same time, create employment for Nigerians.

This package includes
• Free registration
• Free land
• Free practical training (both online and offline)
• Ready market for your produce.

To apply, Send a mail stating your details, what you do and why you want to join the training to (wabinigeria@gmail.com)
whatapps 08065220074

Please note that you will have to be present for the land allocation and you will pay N1,000 for the surveying of your own portion of land. The seeds and labor will also have to be provided by successful participants but the institute will link you up with the buyers of your produce.

Please contact the 2 project managers world1 and hotmass911 for more information

Terms and Condition Apply.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2014
world1:

Are you interested in Agribusiness?
Get Free 20 hectares of land and training at WABI Centre Ogbomosho.

what is WABI AND what are the terms

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2014
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dytbabe: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2014
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dytbabe: 11:37am On Dec 02, 2014
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dytbabe: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2014
World1 and hotmas911
Pls come explain better
Am sure ppl will wanna know the terms and conditions
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by luvablesam(m): 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dytbabe, I am interested. How do I hookup with u?
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dyttt: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
luvablesam:

Sam, its not my project
Am just here to help post

All u need do is just indicate interest
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dyttt: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONTROL THIS ANTISPAM
*frowns*

Seun, Ishilove
Pls help unban my two ids oo
www.nairaland.com/Dyt
www.nairaland.com/dytbabe
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by luvablesam(m): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
dyttt:

Sam, its not my project
Am just here to help post

All u need do is just indicate interest
How? I sent u a mail. Reply sha
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dyttt: 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
luvablesam:

How? I sent u a mail. Reply sha

Dunno what's wrong with that email oo
Will send u a msg on whatsapp
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
luvablesam:
Send a mail to the email in the post with the required info.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Teephad(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
World1 & Hotmas911

You guys have been doing a great job concerning agribusiness,because I always follow your thread at the background ,you must be commended for this WEST AGRI-BUSINESS INITIATIVE (WABI) let hear the full details from your horses' mouth please.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Keep the mails coming.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
World1
U said there are free lands?
How long will the farmer use the land or is it gonna be permanent?
How much will it cost to clear the land?
What are the seeds available for planting?
How much will the seeds cost?
How about laborers?
And when the produce are ready and sold, do you have percentage in the share?
Finally, what's your gain in it all?

Pls kindly break them down

3 Likes

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dyt:
World1
How about laborers?

very valid questions.

Also, is it only for people living in or from the western part of naija cos am in ph and very interested

3 Likes

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
Teephad:
World1 & Hotmas911

You guys have been doing a great job concerning agribusiness,because I always follow your thread at the background ,you must be commended for this WEST AGRI-BUSINESS INITIATIVE (WABI) let hear the full details from your horses' mouth please.

If you read the post you will understand very well but incase you don't understand please ask your questions here.
Thanks
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dyt:
World1
How about laborers?

At WABI Centre we presently have free 20 heactre that we be giving to 50 selected farmers at 1 acre each for the duration of 1 year. No permanent

Land clearing is N3000 per acre.

Below are the list of the crops that WABI Centre has market for now:
1. Soya Beans
2. Tomatoes (Padma Variety)
3. Plantain
4. Cucumber
5. Sweet Potatoes (white&Red)

WABI we help each student to source for the seeds, suckers or tubbers of any crop choosed

There labourers at the centre in Ogbomosho but participant can also brings helps.

WABI is just trying to create a platform for people to see agriculture as a viable business by giving them free land and training them on how to plant and also help in marketing them.

This simple gesture of WABI will have successful multiplier effect on agriculture/agribusiness in Nigeria.

It our social responsibility so no fee

1 Like

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
aguiyi1:

very valid questions.

Also, is it only for people living in or from the western part of naija cos am in ph and very interested
The project is for everybody in respect of your location but you must be present for land allocation.
And you must use the land
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
Are you giving out free seeds and suckers?
If NO, how much do these seeds costs?

And could you please give total estimate of the amount students will need to set up the farm.

Thanks for your time
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by bennysucre(f): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
nice one. after one year, what happens? The beneficiaries are expected to have made enough to establish themselves? or how does it go? is this the first of this kind of programme? op my questions aint much
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
bennysucre:
nice one. after one year, what happens? The beneficiaries are expected to have made enough to establish themselves? or how does it go? is this the first of this kind of programme? op my questions aint much

No your questiona are really great.

After 1year we believed you should be able to stand on your own in order for us to help other set of farmers.

If you like you can decide to retain your existing farm land by buying it from WABI.

This is the first of its kind. We are already talking to all stakeholders in agriculture including the government of Oyo, Osun and Kwara to join hand with us by sending participants.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dyt:
Are you giving out free seeds and suckers?
If NO, how much do these seeds costs?

And could you please give total estimate of the amount students will need to set up the farm.

Thanks for your time
No everything can't be free. Each participant will fund his/her project from planting to harvesting.

Cost of seed depend on which crop you intend to plant.
Please let be specific so choose your intending crop fist then I can give the cost analysis
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
There are 5 crops you put there
Please do elaborate on each
I know you don't do much of epistles but it will be well appreciated so the students can know what amount to have to own a farm.

And after the 1yr, when the student have produce, do you still get them buyers or they source for buyers themselves?
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
world1:

No everything can't be free. Each participant will fund his/her project from planting to harvesting.

Cost of seed depend on which crop you intend to plant.
Please let be specific so choose your intending crop fist then I can give the cost analysis

it depends on duration before harvest.

i know plantain cant grow to maturity in a year, pls tell us about maturity of the listed crops.

i already have 1 acre of plantain in my village in enugu but time is not letting visit the village frequently so i will like to try something else on this land.

am game please
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
aguiyi1:

it depends on duration before harvest.

i know plantain cant grow to maturity in a year, pls tell us about maturity of the listed crops.

i already have 1 acre of plantain in my village in enugu but time is not letting visit the village frequently so i will like to try something else on this land.

am game please
It only Platain that needs more time other are from 45 days to 120 days.

If you apply for WABI land you will need to have time for you projects oooo. Because your success is our pride.

1 Like

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
This oppourtunity is for just 50 people, few slot to go so apply now.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
mail sent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

First Potato Harvest From Kaduna & Vicampro Partnership. (photos) / Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.