Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I (24974 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Meet Nakku Justine, A Multi-million Farmer At 25. / "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Teephad(m): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
dytbabe:
Plantain farming on 6 plots.
1. Land-- free
2. Clearing, land preparation @7k per x 6 plots =N42,000
3. Suckers @70 per sucker x 1000 = N70,000
4. Planting @ N20 per sucker x 1000 = N20,000
5. Fertilizer Procurement (NPK & URIAL) N15,000
6. Fertilizer application N9000
7. Poultry waste needed is 10 tonnes. @4k per tonne = N40,000
Total N196,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition.

Potatoes farming on 6 plots. Duration 4months
1. Land-- free
2. Clearing, land preparation 1acre =N42,000
3. Seeds 25,000
4. Planting 10,000
5. Fertilizer Procurement N15,000
Total N101,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition. Profit on this is x3

Soya beans farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 4 moths
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: 20kg@300/kg= N6, 000
4. Planting = N7,000
Total N79,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition

Cucumber farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 40-70 days
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: N22,500
4. Planting = N7,000
5. Fertilizer N15,000
7. Nylon: N12,000
Bamboo N5,000
Total N112,000
Management is individual responsibility

What about SECURITY of the farmland ?...think this should be look into for the safety of the product when nearing harvest..and non budgeted charges on security will not spring up its head afterwards.....what is your take on this ?
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
Teephad:

What about SECURITY of the farmland ?...think this should be look into for the safety of the product when nearing harvest..and non budgeted charges on security will not spring up its head afterwards.....what is your take on this ?

That's why I want clarification
Is the quoted prices for a group owning 10 acres or an individual owing 1acre?

Am sure lots of questions still needs to be answered, cos initially we were told 3k for clearing an acre, if this is for a group of over 10 persons then its very reasonable

Let's wait to hear frm the horses mouth
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Oh
Am jst seeing it clearly that its for 1acre

World1 pls u are needed here
We need explanations of how 3k clearing turned to 43k clearing
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
aguiyi1:
my name is not on the list, plot A14 was alotted to me, has my allotment been cancelled or is it because i have not subscribed to the whatsapp group.

am not on whatsapp as i use nokia touch phone.

what am i missing
Send your detail as SMS to me now
Name
Mobile
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Teephad:

Guys try to understand how this project works. It becomes your farm for 1 year. Wabi is not the owner of the land so don't expect any security from WABI. If you guys feel you need security then all of you can decide on the best way to go about it.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dyt:

That's why I want clarification
Is the quoted prices for a group owning 10 acres or an individual owing 1acre?

Am sure lots of questions still needs to be answered, cos initially we were told 3k for clearing an acre, if this is for a group of over 10 persons then its very reasonable

Let's wait to hear frm the horses mouth
Please don't make this sound as if WABI is collecting this money from you guys.
We gave you cost analysis of setting up each of this crops on 1acre of land.
NOT GROUP
Thanks
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dyt:
Oh
Am jst seeing it clearly that its for 1acre

World1 pls u are needed here
We need explanations of how 3k clearing turned to 43k clearing

Land clearing is different from land preparations.
Ploughing
Harrowing
Farm layout and many more.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
world1:

Land clearing is different from land preparations.
Ploughing
Harrowing
Farm layout and many more.

Is there no lower cost for it
Even the seeds and fertilizers, can we get it cheaper
Cos some ppl like me saw this as coming cheap and giving it a chance

Not everyone of these 62ppl can even afford 50k for it.
Me for example, I can't afford it
I actually thought clearing, ploughing, harrowing,labourers, planting, seeds and all won't even cost more than 30k.
Guess I was wrong.

I am openly declaring my slots to be given out oo, I cannot afford it.
Thanks for the initiative
I wish other students goodluck.

And some of u can gimme baskets of ur produce, I wee gladly appreciate

World1 and hotmas911, God bless u both for this grt job

I sign out

2 Likes

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by AreaFada2: 12:02am On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=Teephad post=28625407]Plantain farming on 6 plots.
1. Land-- free
3. Suckers @70 per sucker x 1000 = N70,000
4. Planting @ N20 per sucker x 1000 = N20,000
7. Poultry waste needed is 10 tonnes. @4k per tonne = N40,000
Total N196,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition.

Potatoes farming on 6 plots. Duration 4months
1. Land-- free
2. Clearing, land preparation 1acre =N42,000
3. Seeds 25,000
4. Planting 10,000
5. Fertilizer Procurement N15,000
Total N101,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition. Profit on this is x3

Soya beans farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 4 moths
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: 20kg@300/kg= N6, 000
4. Planting = N7,000
Total N79,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition

Cucumber farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 40-70 days
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: N22,500
4. Planting = N7,000
5. Fertilizer N15,000
7. Nylon: N12,000
Bamboo N5,000
Total N112,000
Management is individual responsibility

Very detailed. Nice.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 12:07am On Dec 06, 2014
WABI...Cultivating youth entrepreneurship through agribusiness.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 12:11am On Dec 06, 2014
WABI... has created a structure to facilitate the development of agri-businesses in Nigeria.
let join hands together to make it work

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 12:28am On Dec 06, 2014
West Agri-Business Initiative (WABI) works to address the youth problems by training young people to grow high-quality crops and livestock that can be sold to develop income and employment opportunities.

The project has shown that young people are willing to take up farming as a source of livelihood and that, with the right support and training, they will stay in the countryside to produce food instead of migrating to cities.

At WABI we are helping young people to:

Set up demonstration plots where they can receive basic farming training and learn how to improve the quality of their crops and livestock.

Learn how to grow high-value crops such as vegetables, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, potatoes, soya beans and plantains.

Learn how to keep livestock such as fish, snail, rabbit, Grasscutter and poultry farming for business.

Learn marketing skills to get the best price at market.

Take a more active role in local leadership and governance and to gain more access to agricultural and business-related information and networks they need to succeed.

Who are we helping?

We are supporting 1200 young people yearly in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 12:44am On Dec 06, 2014
The Future of Agriculture Lies in the Hands of the Youth…….

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 12:50am On Dec 06, 2014
It is no secret that Africa is known to be a vast portal for the production of endless treasures.

These natural resources include diamonds, gold, oil, iron, copper, silver, petroleum, cocoa beans, as well as various tropical fruits.

Although the continent known as the “motherland,” is rich in precious natural resources, Africa’s reality of being faced with a dire issue in relation to food resources and agricultural production needs, as well as water scarcity is becoming a serious concern for the ever growing population.

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 12:59am On Dec 06, 2014
After years of playing second fiddle to the older generation, we the young farmers are transforming the perception of farming, long entrenched in the nation’s psyche. To most Nigerians, farming was a back-breaking, hardly remunerative, labour-intensive task.u
However, we young farmers are challenging that notion and causing a paradigm shift to one that regards farming as a profitable venture. As a consequence, many now view agriculture, not as a last resort source of income but as a potentially rewarding enterprise.

Unlike the conventional farmers, we are not interested in cultivating the traditional crops or rearing the typical domestic animals. Our farming philosophy is simple: grow short cycle crops that have quick returns and focus on intensive agriculture.

To us farming is trendy, and notwithstanding our impressive academic qualifications, we are very much at home soiling our hands to eke out a living where our less imaginative peers see no opportunities.

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by ayinba1(f): 1:46am On Dec 06, 2014
Thank you for this offer. Although I was allocated slot A16, my name is not on the list. I hereby willingly relinquish the assigned slot. Good luck
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by 1stUnique(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Dyt:

Is there no lower cost for it
Even the seeds and fertilizers, can we get it cheaper
Cos some ppl like me saw this as coming cheap and giving it a chance

Not everyone of these 62ppl can even afford 50k for it.
Me for example, I can't afford it
I actually thought clearing, ploughing, harrowing,labourers, planting, seeds and all won't even cost more than 30k.
Guess I was wrong.

I am openly declaring my slots to be given out oo, I cannot afford it.
Thanks for the initiative
I wish other students goodluck.

And some of u can gimme baskets of ur produce, I wee gladly appreciate

World1 and hotmas911, God bless u both for this grt job

I sign out

I really like your declaration, u just voice out exactly my mind.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2014
ayinba1:
Thank you for this offer. Although I was allocated slot A16, my name is not on the list. I hereby willingly relinquish the assigned slot. Good luck
Thanks for your kind gesture
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2014
1stUnique:

I really like your declaration, u just voice out exactly my mind.
Sure, the issue of start up capital is always one of the hardest thing for everyone but one can start small and then grow big.
Money is the blood of every business. You can start from a plot.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Anaselizzy(f): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2014
Please world1 i sent a message but i didnt get a reply maybe i didnt fill out something.add me up on watsapp please.i like this idea of a farm.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by ibell: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2014
world1:

Sure, the issue of start up capital is always one of the hardest thing for everyone but one can start small and then grow big.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by ibell: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2014
pls.world1 whre in ogbomoso is d WABI center.hw can we get there on thur and wat tym is d commencemt tym on thurs day.hw far abt accomodatn
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by ibell: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2014
world1
pls what is the commemcemt tym on thur.and give d address of the WABI CENTER
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by 1stUnique(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2014
world1:

yeah.. true talk boss
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by KingsleyJay(m): 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
iyabodeh:
okay then. I want in. What do I do now? And is joining the whatsapp group compulsory? I want in though if its still open. Thanks. Plantain and potatoes looks good. .
you too like food tongue
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by nikaShow(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
Am really excited about this sha...

Right now , I don't have d whole 200k plus in my pocket, but I know that small small , I can afford clearing , then seeds ...and before you know it , I have done all that needs to be done...

So help me God !
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Congratulations !

You have been selected to attend the WABI training & land allocation coming up from 11th-13th December, 2014.

At WABI Farm, Baba Eko Village along Ogbomosho/Igbeti Road, Oyo State.
Time: 11am-6pm

General Coordinator: world1
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Dyt(f): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ok people
Let's go get it
Its gonna be mad fun

I actually opted out cos of the quotations bt I am back, I am splitting my acre which is gonna make me spend less

See y'all there on Thursday Insha Allah
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
Agricultural transformation is a priority for Africa.
Across the continent, the significant information needs of farmers, accurate local weather forecasts, relevant advice on agricultural practices and input use, real time price information and market logistics remain largely unmet.

Talk to us at West Agri-Business Development Initiative. (WABDI)

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by princemolak(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
Dyt:
Ok people
Let's go get it
Its gonna be mad fun

I actually opted out cos of the quotations bt I am back, I am splitting my acre which is gonna make me spend less

See y'all there on Thursday Insha Allah

That's cool DYT, I was personally Sad when you publicly declare that you aren't interested any longer, but now that you are back, Alhamdulilah, See you on Friday Insha Allah
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by MoJewel(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
Dytbabe, I am interested. How do I apply?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

First Potato Harvest From Kaduna & Vicampro Partnership. (photos) / Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.