Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (56155 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
stonecoldcafe:

I have made a suggestion to her about how she can improve on what she is doing. You have proferred nothing just outright condemnation. Let it go..

This is supposed to be something good for someone.

I have made a suggestion too.

Anyway, people are free to do whatever they want.

I have said enough.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by onlyme07(m): 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
It's a good idea that lots of rich folks on NL can emulate but my instincts tells me, you want to mock unemployed graduates in Nigeria.

Just forget about it,I will advise folks not to participate due to your ulterior motive. God has already blessed them above your "gift" and will provide for those who need "$100" for christmas.. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Jchi9876: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Where is Irunobo? Oya come and get busy and tell us how rugged your childood was grin sad
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Dronedude(m): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
I'm just waiting for someone to calm d thread and propel seriousness by donating the sum of N100,000 to support her $100.

I swear you will see certificate n statement of results.

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Enkaynwa(f): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
I want to give this a trial but am not too comfortable with the criteria
..i dont think i'll like to upload my certificate online
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by niceeric(m): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks MODs.....Thank You!!!!
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Good grief. This site is full of small children. No one called you into this thread, and you are yapping about how the amount is too small. If you're not intelligent enough to write the entry, just keep quiet. How lazy can you be?

Anyway, I know those who are bright enough to see an easy opportunity and aren't afraid of spending an hour writing, will enter.

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
True story, not the one for the gods:

Sure, it happens to every boy sooner or later, but sometimes an amusing story goes with it.

When I was 10, my mother told me that one of the funniest things is to listen to a boy when his voice is changing. She'd had plenty of opportunity to know - - she had six brothers!

As I turned 12, I was in my adolescent growth spurt. Ten weeks later I noticed that my voice sounded a little lower than it used to. I thought it might be changing, but I wasn’t sure. Less than two weeks later I realized that it was still at that lower pitch, and I confirmed my suspected diagnosis - - I had a case of voice change!

Fast-forward three more weeks, to New Year’s Day 1946. Gasoline had just become plentiful after World War II, and I was one of a carload who traveled 100 miles to visit a lady who was a long-time friend of my mother’s. Our party consisted of my parents, myself, my little sister, and a girl about my age who lived next door to us.

As we were leaving the home of our hostess, my mother prompted me to thank her for the meal we had enjoyed. So I said, "Good night, Mrs. E-----. Thank you for the nice lunch."

But the last word wasn’t exactly "lunch." It was "luh-UNCH" as my voice broke upward on that final word.

I exclaimed, "Did you hear THAT?" with the same involuntary rising inflection on the last word.

That should have been enough, but I exclaimed, "It happened aGAIN!" And as I did so, it did happen again, for the third time in a row.

By this time everyone was laughing. I wasn’t the least embarrassed. I was laughing at myself! Even my dad was chuckling and our hostess was smiling.

My mother had said it would be funny, and it was.

Oya aunty pay me my money, sharply!

These are my bank details:

Zenith Bank
Account Name: Uchiha Madara
Account Number: 1802 345 4489.

I will be by my phone waiting for the alert, thanks!

6 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by mya1: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
All the people criticising the Op should shut up already, hian!
On top person's money? Na wa o.. She hasn't asked for too much really, she's only trying to match up the gift price to the more deserving person. If you don't need the money, don't block those that do!

Besides, she stands to gain NOTHING from this exercise but rather bless someone who might be in dire need this Christmas season.

All you critics, how have you been of help to jobless youths since you feel her exercise is too rigorous? Or would you rather she gave the money to the FTC crew?

This thread is a reflection of the deteriorating system in Nigeria starting from the masses. They would always find faults in everything you do, mtcheew!

Op, this is really commendable.Do keep it up and don't be fazed by the hateful comments.. Picture the smile on the winner(s) face(s) and the joy in their hearts and let that keep you going

Again, keep it up!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by InvertedHammer: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
niceeric:
Thanks MODs.....Thank You!!!!
/
A big relief indeed.

\

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
Anyone is free to start their own with whatever or no criteria at all,it's your prerogative
I have stated mine
The more the merrier
Let this motivate others including the critics to do same

To the contestants,don't be bothered by the critics

All you need is a short essay of 250 words or less in good English about an event that impacted you in your childhood and you upload your certificate with your name blocked out.
Winner will be picked on 14th and on the 16th I send you a western union gift of $100 in that amount
As simple as that .

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Whobedatte(m): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
tyson99:
I spent 150 dols for iya nkechi bar alone yesterday I go come dey write essay cos of 100dols,when no be say I wan rewrite WAEC
iya nkechi no dey exist again.
Na letua sure pass. No dey lie
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Jchi9876: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

All these criteria for $100.

You harsh o!

God forbid you have to hire someone for a permanent position, you will demand an arm and a leg. cool cool cool

And you had the effrontery to call it a Gift.

\

I tire oooooo.
Think say as people see $$$$ them go piss for body! !!!! I go do my own competition for all these Nigerians whey dey America make dem post their immigration story, pay stubs and degrees or certifications gotten in yankee(they can block their names) i go give N50,000 to the winner! !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by saaedlee: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
$100 dollars is not too small for those raining insults on Babyosis; May God reward you all. If you feel the amount is too small, let's up the Amount($100 from each of us, I inclusive).
Else stop derailing the thread and watch someone do something tangible.

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
Enkaynwa:
I want to give this a trial but am not too comfortable with the criteria
..i dont think i'll like to upload my certificate online
Enkaynwa,write your essay first, I and babyosisi will. know what we would do about the criteria.
Please you people should stop bashing babyosisi. If you don't wanna join in the competition,allow people who are interested to go ahead.

Haba!!!

Babyosisi please check your pm!
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by niceeric(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
A big relief indeed.

\
a very big one bro!!!!!....i knew we av sensible mods who can distinguish between real givers and people who would do anything for show off

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
What I see on this thread is quite shameful. Majority of those who are condemning babyosisi's gesture cannot/will not give a beggar 50 naira. In a country where several people live below the poverty line, 100 dollars is a largesse.

Instead of you people to proffer suggestions on how to improve the competition, you are here spewing words overflowing from your bile filled hearts.

Babyosisi, may God replenish your pocket. Ignore these haters who are simply hitting on you. Because they know they can't afford to be their brother's keepers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Tokunbohkinibig: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:
I just thought of blessing someone this Christmas season and I thought what better people than the youths of our nation suffering under corrupt leadership with empty unfulfilled promises.
It's not much
Just $100 only
I tried doing this many years ago but it didn't get much support

CFCfan,berem and Cococandy can you help me be the judges

[size=18pt]Selection criteria[/size]

1) You must reside in Nigeria

2).Your handle must have been registered on nairaland for at least one full calendar year with up to 200 posts or more to qualify
If you have a job please don't bring bad fortune on yourself by claiming to be unemployed.

3) Write a short story here ( not more than 250 words) titled " An event in my childhood that impacted me greatly"
Please make sure to edit your spellings and get your tenses right,no bad English please,it will affect the decision.

4) You must also tell us at the beginning of your story what university,polytechnic or college of education you graduated from and what course you studied,with a picture of your certificate as an attachment to your short story.( please cover your name)

[size=18pt]
Applications without meeting all the criteria will be thrown out.[/size]

The winner will be announced on December 14th and the award given on December 16th

Let the stories begin

Why all these selection criteria for mere $100 Babyosisi? God punish poverty and foolishness at ur own part. Haba!!!! Thank God u r not in a position to give scholarship to Nigerians oooo, the condition wey you go attach to ur scholarship go fit break someone back u know. I beg go reduce those conditions to only number 1- You must reside in Nigeria. If you refuse to do what I have just suggested, I ll disrespect or discredit your thread by giving this $100 to unemployed graduate here right now without any condition attach to it

7 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
mya1:
On top person's money? Na wa o.. She hasn't asked for too much really, she's only trying to match up the gift price to the more deserving person. If you don't need the money, don't block those that do!

Besides, she stands to gain NOTHING from this exercise but rather bless someone who might be in dire need this Christmas season.

All you critics, how have you been of help to jobless youths since you feel her exercise is too rigorous? Or would you rather she gave the money to the FTC crew?

This thread is a reflection of the deteriorating system in Nigeria starting from the masses. They would always find faults in everything you do, mtcheew!

Op, this is really commendable.Do keep it up and don't be fazed by the hateful comments.. Picture the smile on the winner(s) face(s) and the joy in their hearts and let that keep you going

Again, keep it up!

Ever heard the expression dog in a manger?
A dog is useless in a manger but insists he must stay there
This is supposed to be fun but some people are drinking conc acid over it rather than move on

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by purityval(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
Itz good u ar doing something xceptional, buh d criteria z just too much fr 100bucks
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Jchi9876: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
UchihaMadara:
True story, not the one for the gods:

Sure, it happens to every boy sooner or later, but sometimes an amusing story goes with it.

When I was 10, my mother told me that one of the funniest things is to listen to a boy when his voice is changing. She'd had plenty of opportunity to know - - she had six brothers!

As I turned 12, I was in my adolescent growth spurt. Ten weeks later I noticed that my voice sounded a little lower than it used to. I thought it might be changing, but I wasn’t sure. Less than two weeks later I realized that it was still at that lower pitch, and I confirmed my suspected diagnosis - - I had a case of voice change!

Fast-forward three more weeks, to New Year’s Day 1946. Gasoline had just become plentiful after World War II, and I was one of a carload who traveled 100 miles to visit a lady who was a long-time friend of my mother’s. Our party consisted of my parents, myself, my little sister, and a girl about my age who lived next door to us.

As we were leaving the home of our hostess, my mother prompted me to thank her for the meal we had enjoyed. So I said, "Good night, Mrs. E-----. Thank you for the nice lunch."

But the last word wasn’t exactly "lunch." It was "luh-UNCH" as my voice broke upward on that final word.

I exclaimed, "Did you hear THAT?" with the same involuntary rising inflection on the last word.

That should have been enough, but I exclaimed, "It happened aGAIN!" And as I did so, it did happen again, for the third time in a row.

By this time everyone was laughing. I wasn’t the least embarrassed. I was laughing at myself! Even my dad was chuckling and our hostess was smiling.

My mother had said it would be funny, and it was.

Oya aunty pay me my money, sharply!

These are my bank details:

Zenith Bank
Account Name: Uchiha Madara
Account Number: 1802 345 4489.

I will be by my phone waiting for the alert, thanks!

U try
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
mya1:

All you critics, how have you been of help to jobless youths since you feel her exercise is too rigorous? [size=14pt]Or would you rather she gave the money to the FTC crew?[/size]

Again, keep it up!

LMFAO
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Busybody2(f): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
[size=20pt]
Rhukie:
we have big issues in this country. and this rubbish sense on entitlement is very annoying. the op has decided to give out $100 I.e #18,300 and there is an uproar about the criteria she chose to select the winner. it is not by force to apply and she owes no one an explanation to justify why she chose that criteria. at least she did her bit the best way she thought possible to put a smile on someone's face this season, what have you done to put a smile on someone's face and how many of you can spare #18,000? well done babyosisi, May God enrich your pocket has you give
[/size]

God bless you for this Sis.

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tokunbohkinibig:

Why all these selection criteria for mere $100 Babyosisi? God punish poverty and foolishness at ur own part. Haba!!!! Thank God u r not in a position to give scholarship to Nigerians oooo, the condition wey you go attach to ur scholarship go fit break someone back u know. I beg go reduce those conditions to only number 1- You must reside in Nigeria. If you refuse to do what I have just suggested, I ll disrespect or discredit your thread by giving this $100 to unemployed graduate here right now without any condition attach to it

Make sure you both upload the bank receipts..... or adonbelivit.

If the money is too small for you, no one is forcing you to participate. Or is it because you can only spell in abbreviations that you know you can't win a writing competition?

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by semitunde: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I can't.

Lol. Hian! Babyosisi has cupped a feminist. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
Someone remind me, what were the prizes for Mr. & Miss Nairaland 2014?

7 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
MissMeiya:
nothing! Abi did s.eun give gifts to the winners?

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by tyson99(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Whobedatte:
iya nkechi no dey exist again.
Na letua sure pass. No dey lie
grin se u knw the iya nkechi I dey talk abt ni
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by UniqueGem(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
HerexG:

These same people you are fighting to protect their privacy have sent this same certificate to a thousand and one companies without getting anything, living in the face of this is earth is risky alone, those who takes bolds steps in making and taking though decisions eats the fruit of the land.
Mr. Stop spilling poo.
Certificates sent to companies are very discreet/confidential. It's only meant for the eyes of the person in charge of recruiting or the CEO of the company. But here, Babyoshi is asking a fella to upload his cert for millions to view. What if this fella has graduated since 8 to 5 years ago? Isn't it a MOCKERY for something as cheap and belittling as #18,300? (For your info, you have the right to sue any company/anybody who meddles with/publicises your confidential informations)

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
nothing! Abi did s.eun give gifts to the winners?

I just did a quick search. N5,000 and 1 month data subscription was donated to Miss Nairaland.

For campaigning, recruiting, and answering essay questions. And exposing their faces, which were promptly saved to hard drives and memory cards, publicly criticized, and possibly recognized.

I'll let that speak for itself.

Edit: Let me let these words speak too.
The current official value of $100 + additional donated $25 + mystery amount = $125+ = N22,470+

...for a small write-up.

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

You know I didn't read that thread
What was it?
With full face pictures o grin

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by ocheu(f): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
tyson99:
I spent 150 dols for iya nkechi bar alone yesterday I go come dey write essay cos of 100dols,when no be say I wan rewrite WAEC
should we clap for you for spending a hundred and fifty dollars only on drink?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

I Deny My Husband Sex Because Of STD / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" / 13 Things You’ll Find In Every Nigerian Bathroom (In Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.