Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,249 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (56404 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by saaedlee: 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

See me o
Our people are very tough wallahi

Damu ba su masoyi. Kudi ba su da!

Babyosisi, God bless u real good!. Oya, concentrate n pick d winner...!

To all contestants; LUCK

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by sunnshyn(f): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gboliwe:

Lol

I don't support this 100% but I won't try and cause problems on it. Just hang on by the rails and watch. Chikina

That's why Nigeria is this way cos we all stay on the fence and watch and then do nothing. When we see what's wrong or what we do not support, the proper thing is to SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT!!

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by jaybiz007(m): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
No one knows tomorrow... just observing.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by HerexG(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You have a point here. And I have no problem with someone encouraging people to take part in a competition but she should not call it a Christmas gift then. Gifts are for free.

And I have a problem when people ask others to share private information about themselves online. I hope you people know how much money some people make with your data.

Yeah peoples privacy should be respected, I will suggest they submit their private data should be sent to a private email address, in other news this is welcomed idea.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by knightsTempler: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
Good gesture, God bless you babyosisi

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gboliwe:

The right word is "gift" as against "donation" that you have been using. She decides on how she wants the token distributed. No big deal

Whether you use the word gift or donation, both words are inappropriate in this context. Anyway.

She has good intentions. I appreciate it. I just made my comment for her not to give up on her good will to make someone happy but for her to reconsider the requirements.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by PipSurgeon(m): 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
nice development.. carry go.. this will go a long way..
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by stonecoldcafe: 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
?

9 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Greatomotoy: 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

At least somebody thinks it's a kind gesture
Thanks
It's not much but it can at least buy a fowl and some cups of rice
i suggest they send their certificates to u instead of posting it online.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Most certainly the more money the merrier so we can have first and second prices or even third
How much are you thinking?

Depends on the currency. Can we talk via PM?

Also, re: first and runner-up prizes, I agree. Multiple prizes always encourage more participants. And there could be an honorable mention, too. We like fame almost as much as money cheesy

Maybe... you could change the topic to something less personal? How about... since this is for youths, it could be something concerning their field of study or interest as it pertains to solving a major problem in today's Nigeria. That way, everyone has something they can speak about authoritatively, and it's something worthwhile for Nigerian youths to think about and read. An assessment of the current situation in Nigeria in their field or area of interest, and practical, thought-out suggestions for efficient improvement.

The above paragraph is purely my own opinion. Don't forget that this is your idea, your generosity, and your money. Don't let anyone in this thread tell you how to gift your own money.

Thank you, for standing out with this idea. I'm certain we will see many encouraging and intelligent entries, that will only serve to elevate the current intellectual quality of Nairaland. (yes, I'm throwing shade..)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You have a point here. And I have no problem with someone encouraging people to take part in a competition but she should not call it a Christmas gift then. Gifts are for free.

And I have a problem when people ask others to share private information about themselves online. I hope you people know how much money some people make with your data.

We have heard you,can you now move on
Sheesh

6 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
Honestly, I do not think the op is asking for too much haba. The mere fact that it is a gift doesn't mean you have to do nothing. How do you get scholarship if you don't work hard for it, burn the candle at both ends and compete vigorously with thousands of other students? People should stop being myopic. The only problem I have with the op is that she is a tribalist and hates anything Yoruba. She might even use this against a Yoruba winner in the future (Intuition).

1 Like

HerexG:

Yeah peoples privacy should be respected, I will suggest they submit their private data should be sent to a private email address, in other news this is welcomed idea.

How will these people know what will happen with the information they give to her?
Do they know her? I would not trust anyone I only know online.

Companies make big profits with people's data.
Ask Mark Zuckerberg among many others.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Sheesh

No, I can't.

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Gboliwe: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
sunnshyn:

That's why Nigeria is this way cos we all stay on the fence and watch and then do nothing. When we see what's wrong or what we do not support, the proper thing is to SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT!!

Madam, don't even go there! Don't take/interpret my post out of context either. angry
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
stonecoldcafe:

But this is not about you at all. I think you are beginning to sound like a broken record. Her money, her competition, her rule, let her be please. If its a useless venture, time will tell and no one will participate. Just let it go

No, I will be gone when people stop quoting me. I have the right to reply to people who quote me whether you like it or not.

To think that some gullible, young people will consider revealing their identities and information about themselves for a 100$ lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
hehehhehehheheh. ... wey these jobs/vacancies nairalanders? ? grin grin grin grin

Make una come collect xmas gift, atleast it can buy a shirt and trousers for xmas grin grin grin

Op, split the money into 3 or 4.. so that we can have like 4 winners where each winner gets about 5k or more. ..

Someone already supported you with 50$

btw, unemployment bad gan grin grin
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cute9jaguy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
The requirements way too much. It should have been open to all and any.
Meanwhile, uploading your cert. is so not right!
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Davvymavvy(f): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Greatomotoy:
i suggest they send their certificates to u instead of posting it online.

Cox of 18k?,,e no go better for poverty

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Gboliwe: 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Whether you use the word gift or donation, both words are inappropriate in this context. Anyway.

She has good intentions. I appreciate it. I just made my comment for her not to give up on her good will to make someone happy but for her to reconsider the requirements.

This is her gift and a way of having fun and being entertained (we all should). Those who want to get into it should do do by all means.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by InvertedHammer: 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Sheesh
/

Make it $500.

We know you have the money.

\

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by niceeric(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
But can't this insult be taken off frontpage?......MODs!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by bigtimemugu(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
i dey com
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by initialize(m): 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
I would have qualified if I didn't see the "Do it Yourself thread" created by Elmatteo in the business section of Nairaland while searching for Job openings in Lagos throughout March, this year (2014).

Thanks to

Elmatteo
Surveycash
Ymodulus
Tonjeola

And to all Customers, I really appreciate the trust and opportunity you gave me to convince. Special Thanks!!!

God see us through this year.

Happy New Year in Advance.

@Contest, If co-sponsor is permitted, I can share my from the little I have gathered...

Good Job OP

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I can't.

Lol... I responded before I saw this debate. You know you my girl. Let Miss Osisi remove the certificate part, and reconsider the theme; the idea is still a good one

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nihilist: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
This is surprisingly a very good gesture from an indecent woman

Babyosisi aka Babymama has been known to exhibit severe character defects in the past, and as such even when she's trying to do something positive, she's still being seen as a witch.

It's like seeing patience ozokwor playing a good Christian woman, it doesn't compute grin

I suppose the lesson to be learned from this is that a bad reputation is very easy to attain, but extremely difficult to get rid off.

Still, props where they are due. Kudos to babyosisi for this idea

10 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by HerexG(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

How will these people know what will happen with the information they give to her?
Do they know her? I would not trust anyone I only know online.

Companies make big profits with people's data.
Ask Mark Zuckerberg among many others.

These same people you are fighting to protect their privacy have sent this same certificate to a thousand and one companies without getting anything, living in the face of this is earth is risky alone, those who takes bolds steps in making and taking though decisions eats the fruit of the land.

6 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by niceeric(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gboliwe:

This is her gift and a way of having fun and being entertained (we all should). Those who want to get into it should do do by all means.
now ure making it sound like the noble guys from the Old Roman Empire who organise mortal combats and sit back and enjoy people kill themselves.........

it's not far from the current issue anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cococandy(f): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ishilove:

If they have to block their name then it means anybody can use anybody's certificate.

Just an observation
yea I was about to say that too. Babyosisi some people can take their friends cert. and pose that it is theirs. Maybe the posting of cert. thing won't really work out well

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by stonecoldcafe: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I will be gone when people stop quoting me. I have the right to reply to people who quote me whether you like it or not.

To think that some gullible, young people will consider revealing their identities and information about themselves for a 100$ lipsrsealed

I have made a suggestion to her about how she can improve on what she is doing. You have proferred nothing just outright condemnation. Let it go..

This is supposed to be something good for someone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

My Husband Inspects My Private Part Anytime I Return From Work / Twins Burnt To Death In Calabar After Mother Went To Meet Boyfriend (Graphic) / Nigerian Woman Dies 4 Days After Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.