Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? (14080 Views)

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by ozor1: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Because that is when you stop fvcking up and down
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by ammyluv2002(f): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Cause no more hustling. ..you have finally catch the fish so the next thing is to settle down and rest grin
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Zikkie(f): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
emperorchedda:
you ought to know girls can't use their brains for thinking, they don't like the 'stress'.

As for your topic, I guess single people are always jumping from one partner to another so settling down probably means its time to stop the race and end up with just one.

But these days the race never ends, even in marriage ladies still run around various diicks (excuse my french)

And men don't?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by holatin(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
hmmmm
because both of them are trying to stop fucking around
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by msmon(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
Brb

7 Signs To Show Your Relationship Is As Good As Over

www.nairaland.com/2027419/7-signs-show-relationship-good
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by MNDY(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
After so much "Waka Waka" in the context I already expect you to understand! That is, the assumed stop to jumping from one bed and/or d.ick and/or womanliness to another!
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Zikkie(f): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
MzPreshie:
It's called 'settling down' not because thats what people actually do. But because that's what people are supposed and expected to do when they get married.

U made a lot of sense!
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by ceejay80s(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
How is this thread more important than the blackout all over nigeria, i wonder where all the trillions spent on nepa has gone to? Its no longer funny becos i no fit dey type nairaland post inside heat
NIGERIA IS REALLY A BLACK HOLE
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Zikkie(f): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
ozor1:
Because that is when you stop fvcking up and down

Rather that us when you are EXPECTED to stop all those irresponsible acts that come with being single and get responsible!

Unfortunately, a lot of people want to get married but NEVER want to settle down!
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Cause no more hustling. ..you have finally catch the fish so the next thing is to settle down and rest grin

fish Abi , sure u meant mugu
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by TDstarr: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
e reach marriage all d girls wan comment, y r nigerian females so obsessed with marriage?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
MNDY:
After so much "Waka Waka" in the context I already expect you to understand! That is, the assumed stop to jumping from one bed and/or d.ick and/or womanliness to another!

Bt married pipz still waka waka n sum single guys, lyk me, r well settled down can one call me settled down den?
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by kcid(m): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
mchteeeew
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
kcid:
mchteeeew

wot? wot?! wot?!!! na only u waka cum. u wan pour ur days frustration for my thread Abi....
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
No more jumping around from one person to another in the name of having a relationship.

You're now with one person for life. You've finally pitched your tent, and settled down.

My 2 kobo.
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Victoriousvic:
No more jumping around from one person to another in the name of having a relationship.

You're now with one person for life. You've finally pitched your tent, and settled down.

My 2 kobo.

Bt married pipz hardly stay wit one person for lyf. y izit still called settlement down
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Skinny01(f): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
killjoy:

Bt I'm already "settled down" wit inof family problems. do u knw Hw hard it is to live wit my dad?? so am I settled down nw??
Me too nd am nt up to 25yrs. Mogbe!! :-|
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by PRINCEHPXP(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
ask my grandfather
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
Skinny01:
Me too nd am nt up to 25yrs. Mogbe!! :-|

lolzzzzzzz. maybe u can live wit me. I'm fun u knw. Bt I'm not settling down wit u ooo
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
PRINCEHPXP:
ask my grandfather

is he still alive?
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
killjoy:

Bt married pipz hardly stay wit one person for lyf. y izit still called settlement down
I don't know the kind of married people you know, but the ones I know have been together and will keep being together, till death do them part.

That's settling down. One man, one woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Victoriousvic:

I don't know the kind of married people you know, but the ones I know have been together and will keep being together, till death do them part.

one man, one woman.... bwahahahaha. sorry im laffin. honestly dis one man one woman tin wud hv been in vogue in 1743 Bt nt anymore. hate to sound lyk a pessimist .

btw I'm a realist
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
killjoy:

one man, one woman.... bwahahahaha. sorry im laffin. honestly dis one man one woman tin wud hv been in vogue in 1743 Bt nt anymore. hate to sound lyk a pessimist .

btw I'm a realist
Good for you. smiley
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by piagetskinner(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
When a person is married, he r she is expected to think and act responsibly.hence, the term 'settling down'
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by uzolexis(f): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Victoriousvic:

i like ur signature,mks so much sense
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
uzolexis:

i like ur signature,mks so much sense
#Gratitude smiley
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
kingDavidda1st:
Its called settling down cos you are saddled with some family responsibilities that ordinarily you've not have done while you were single.

So a more apt alternative would be...tying down? grin
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by kunlap: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
In my opinion I think that phrase is a misconceptions. If you are not settled as a single guy or lady how on earth will marriage settle you.
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by ifeoluwa237(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
2 Mi it is not settling down it is another

journey entirely
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by KanwuliaJara: 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
killjoy:

is it me or r u deriving sum weird sadistic pleasure from d pain marriage has to offer. hope u ain't one of doz psychos who drive der husbands to suicide. I cova ur future husband wit d blood of Jesus

BTW... let's enjoy sexmas togeda. wot do u tink

You are free to interview the husband if you wish! wink

*SEXXXXMAS is already booked o. . . . .no space* cool
Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
kunlap:
In my opinion I think that phrase is a misconceptions. If you are not settled as a single guy or lady how on earth will marriage settle you.

hmmmm... first guy to say sth dat got my attention. make sense. true

1 Like

Re: Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? by killjoy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

You are free to interview the husband if you wish! wink

abeg eee. cum make we enjoy sexmas jare

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? / Between Husband, Lover: Court Orders DNA Test Over Paternity Of 3-yr-old Boy / He Doesn't Like Sex....wat Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.