Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

I Want To Give Birth In Us - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Give Birth In Us (40861 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by nelly2012: 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
abiolu: Hello everyone, does anyone know how to go about renting a short term accomodation in phoenix for appriximately 2 mnths. I intend to be in phonix around september/october but don't have any family or friend there. Any help/advise wld be appreciated. Thanks

hey Abiolu, where u able to find out about renting in Phoenix. i also intend to give birth there around October/ november. Any help or idea will be appreciated. Thank u.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by nelly2012: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
vivianobas:

Hello Kolly Mercy,

I was 20 weeks pregnant when I applied for the visa but didnt tell that to the VO cos it wasn't showing. I got the visa without any problem cos I had the right documents (which were not checked by the way).

I was 32 weeks when I travelled and my port of entry was Newark, New Jersey. After I was stamped in for 6 months, I was directed to customs for properly checking. At this point, they still didn't know I was pregnant but the custom officer checking my luggages discovered some ante natal drugs and asked me how old the pregnancy was. I feigned ignorance but later told him the truth and also showed him the correspondences I exchanged with a birthing center in San Diego, California reflecting that I was scheduled for appointment with them. At this point, the CO took copies of the scan I had with me, the correspondences between me and the Birthing Center and asked me to wait for him. He went inside and came back to ask how I intended paying for my delivery and I told him I will be paying cash and showed him the cash. Thereafter he handed me my documents and joking told me his name and said he would be happy if I named my baby after him cos he asked if I knew the sex already and I told him.

I ended up not using the birthing center cos when I got to Arizona, my brother insisted that I deliver in Arizona and I agreed. I gave birth in an hospital and spent $3,500 for everything (including circumcision and post natal visits for me and my baby). The care I received was superb and I will recommend the hospital over and over again.

I delivered on a Thursday and on Friday morning a lady from the birth registration department of the hospital came to take the baby's details for birth certificate and social security number. I told her the I needed the birth certificate early to enable me process my baby's passport and she told me to pick up the BC on monday office at the vital records office. Lo and behold I called the vital office on Tuesday morning and my baby's BC was ready for pick up. Iwent to the office and paid $20 for it. 2 days later, I went to the court and applied for an expedited US passport for him and was asked to start tracking online after 3 days. Instead of tracking, I called the national passport center and told them I needed to travel in less than two weeks and needed to send the passport for Nigerian visa. I was told processing will take 2 to 3 weeks, but I ended up getting the passport after 9 working days. Thereafter, I sent the passport and required documents to an agent in Washington who processed the visa within 3 days. My baby was issued 2 years Nigerian visa. The SSN card arrived exactly two weeks after I delivered.

We are back to naija and I am planning of getting a Nigerian passport for him soon. The rest is history......

Mercy, hope the information I have given above will be of help to you. For more info, you can send me a mail on vivianobas@yahoo.com as I can always access my mails 247

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for this info. very detailed and helpful.
i am also thinking of using MIHS, Phoenix for delivery around Oct/Nov but i wish to know if i can get recommendations about the obstetrician u used & contact details if any. Did u have any issues with them accepting u after 32 wks cos dats about d time i wish to travel. Also which of d family health centers did u use or the MMC main campus itself? I do not have family or relatives in phoenix but i do in california, so any info on renting will be helpful too.
thanks lot.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by vivianobas: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2012
nelly2012:

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for this info. very detailed and helpful.
i am also thinking of using MIHS, Phoenix for delivery around Oct/Nov but i wish to know if i can get recommendations about the obstetrician u used & contact details if any. Did u have any issues with them accepting u after 32 wks cos dats about d time i wish to travel. Also which of d family health centers did u use or the MMC main campus itself? I do not have family or relatives in phoenix but i do in california, so any info on renting will be helpful too.
thanks lot.

Hi Nelly,

I used the hospital's obstetrician (her name is Megan Donahue) but on two ocassions, I rescheduled my appointment and had another obstetrician attend to me and her name is STAHR. I didn't have any problem being accepted after 32weeks because my pregnancy was uneventful (problem-free) and I paid for the maternity package on my first visit to the hospital to enable me enjoy the reduced rate. I used the main office. I do not have any information on how to rent accommodation cos I have family in phoenix.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by nelly2012: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
vivianobas:

Hi Nelly,

I used the hospital's obstetrician (her name is Megan Donahue) but on two ocassions, I rescheduled my appointment and had another obstetrician attend to me and her name is STAHR. I didn't have any problem being accepted after 32weeks because my pregnancy was uneventful (problem-free) and I paid for the maternity package on my first visit to the hospital to enable me enjoy the reduced rate. I used the main office. I do not have any information on how to rent accommodation cos I have family in phoenix.

Thank u Vivian. I appreciate.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by abiolu: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
Hi Nelly, yeah I managed to sort out my accomation. I spoke to the hospital (MIHS), and they are happy with me joining at 35 weeks. So I would be in phoenix by 14th october. Lemme know if u requiire info. Vivian Obas in God sent
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by wayinoma: 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
abiolu: Hi Nelly, yeah I managed to sort out my accomation. I spoke to the hospital (MIHS), and they are happy with me joining at 35 weeks. So I would be in phoenix by 14th october. Lemme know if u requiire info. Vivian Obas in God sent

Hi abiolu,

Pls Kindly give me info about accomodation and hospital, u may pls send me a mail mizza002@yahoo.com.ur assitance would be appreciated.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by bigmaut: 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2012
Go give birth for congo more cheaper & homely grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by morebillions: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
bigmaut: Go give birth for congo more cheaper & homely grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by baby6: 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hi vivianobas,
Please could you educate me on hw you got ur baby's American passport,
There is a requirement that the father be present, was urs present?
Or how did u convince them otherwise.
Tx.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by vivianobas: 8:17am On Nov 06, 2012
@baby:
Hi vivianobas,
Please could you educate me on hw you got ur baby's American passport,
There is a requirement that the father be present, was urs present?
Or how did u convince them otherwise.
Tx.

Hi @baby,

If you know your husband will not be available during the processing of your baby's passport, it is better you download the Statement of Consent form and notarize it here in Nigeria before you leave. Also take with you a photocopy of the data page of your husband's international passport or driver's license. These are the documents needed for you to process your baby's AP in your husband's absence. I hope you fine the information above useful ciao
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by doomel: 5:06am On Nov 07, 2012
Hi Viv, how many months did u put on d ticket u bought when travelling?
Is it an issue if one puts like 4months duration of stay, so as to enable clearance at port of entry
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by mermejita: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
Good day to all. From another thread: https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/5

deaquellota: Good day to all. I sincerely want to thank the administrators of this website for supplying such usefull information for all to share. It is because if the information provided in this tread that I was able to research and have my baby in the United States. As many of you already know, looking for the right information is somewhat difficult and time consuming so I was extremely pleased when I found this site and followed ALL the recommendations mentioned here that provided usefull information. It was a very good learning experience, that I hope I could share to help anyone that is trying to deliver their baby in the USA. As mentioned above all the service providers were a bit expensive given that they are situated in major cities. Maricopa in Phoenix seemed very inexpensive when I called them but does not include doctors fee, also, I felt uneasy do to the immigration laws and policy's toward immigrants in Arizona. After tremendous research, I had my delivery with doctoresparati.com and was very simple and straight forward. Im ALMOST sure that international delivery is all they do since the loby (waiting room) had a notoriously hispanic base (from Mexico I suppose). I felt at ease since they knew that I was coming from out of town with the purpose of having my baby in the USA. I dont wish to make this post too long, I just want to help with my experience since I know how difficult and intimidating it may be. I hope I was able to help with this small contribution to this website and hopefully it will help someone as it helped me. Best wishes.

...I found the above information on this forum. I too have looked in serveral places for information on my delivery. Currently I am 26 weeks pregnant and I did enroll with www.doctoresparati.com, so far, everything has been very easy with them but I have taken the other advice on this website and have B1/B2 Visa. They did advise me that I could pre-pay so i can demonstrate that I have the financial ability to cover costs. I was informed that they email hospital receipts for this purpose. I will try to give an update when I return.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by kollinsho(m): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
What about Jacksonville Florida? Any idea of the hospital bills?
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by kollinsho(m): 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
I really appreciate all ur posts on here,been really helpful and educating. But as per my case, I want to know how much it cost in Florida. Thank you
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by cj4ugoo(m): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hi @mermejita,

I am hopeful you must have returned after a safe delivery. I and wife are El Paso bound in August via Houston. We need interact with you especially on check-in at port of entry. Your experience will be so helpful.

Many thanks.
smiley
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 23, 2013
Has anyone here gone to Virginia for birthing?
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by nxtgroup: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
good day, everyone.
i want to find out the most cost-effective hospital in the USA, am planning to have my second baby outside the country and i have decided to have it there.although, my first baby was born through CS.
anybody with good advice and information will be highly appreciated.
i want to know everything that will be require of me to achieve my aim.
pls,
thank you.
grace.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by hardeymijuh: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
abiolu: Hi Nelly, yeah I managed to sort out my accomation. I spoke to the hospital (MIHS), and they are happy with me joining at 35 weeks. So I would be in phoenix by 14th october. Lemme know if u requiire info. Vivian Obas in God sent

@ Abiolu, pls can you share your experience at Phoenix, the medical costs, accomodation fees, how long to process the birth certificate, passports, nigerian visa etc
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by abiolu: 12:36am On Jul 23, 2013
@ hardeymiju, I didn't ennd up going to America, my host pulled out on me at the lst minute! Found another doctor to take me in chicago bt couldn't get a host, and I didn't want to go for the hotel option. Guess my child didn't want to be born in the US(lol). In a way, am glad I didn't go to the US cos at 38wkd or so they discover the water around the baby is very low and I had to be monitored day in day out. My labour was soso bad, I wonder if anyone would have tolerated me apart from my family! But good luck, I have some links in chicago,newyork,maryland,nc.if you have fmily there I can give you doctor details. Goodluck!
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by hardeymijuh: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
abiolu: @ hardeymiju, I didn't ennd up going to America, my host pulled out on me at the lst minute! Found another doctor to take me in chicago bt couldn't get a host, and I didn't want to go for the hotel option. Guess my child didn't want to be born in the US(lol). In a way, am glad I didn't go to the US cos at 38wkd or so they discover the water around the baby is very low and I had to be monitored day in day out. My labour was soso bad, I wonder if anyone would have tolerated me apart from my family! But good luck, I have some links in chicago,newyork,maryland,nc.if you have fmily there I can give you doctor details. Goodluck!

@ Abiolu, Thank God for safe delivery. Really happy to know you are doing fine. You can always go to the US later to give birth to the next child.

Pls can you advise how you got the apartment you intended to stay in Phoenix? I dont have family in Phoenix so i intend to rent an apartment for about 2 months.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by hardeymijuh: 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
nelly2012:

hey Abiolu, where u able to find out about renting in Phoenix. i also intend to give birth there around October/ november. Any help or idea will be appreciated. Thank u.

@nelly2012,

Can you please share your experience at Phoenix, the medical costs, accomodation fees, how long to process the birth certificate, passports, nigerian visa etc
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by nenababe: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hi Cj, I suppose u and wifey are back from El Paso after a safe delivery. Pls how was ur exp. Over there. How much was the total cost for d delivery? And how abt accommodatio? I also intend to go hv my baby there but need all d useful info I can get cos I don't want any surprises of some hospitals slamming u with bills. Pls revert thanks.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by nenababe: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hi Cj4ugoo
, I suppose u and wifey are back from El Paso(Doctoresparatii) after a safe delivery. Pls how was ur exp. Over there. How much was the total cost for d delivery? And how abt accommodatio? I also intend to go hv my baby there but need all d useful info I can get cos I don't want any surprises of some hospitals slamming u with bills. Pls revert thanks.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by SisiOlu: 12:00am On Aug 05, 2013
Hello Abiolu,

Pls kindly provide information on affordable hospitals, oby/gyn and physicians in Chicago. Thanks. Also pls provide your email address.
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by hardeymijuh: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
nenababe: Hi Cj4ugoo
, I suppose u and wifey are back from El Paso(Doctoresparatii) after a safe delivery. Pls how was ur exp. Over there. How much was the total cost for d delivery? And how abt accommodatio? I also intend to go hv my baby there but need all d useful info I can get cos I don't want any surprises of some hospitals slamming u with bills. Pls revert thanks.

@nenababe,

You'll get the information on another trend, see link below

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/12
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by abiolu: 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
@ sisi Olu, what is your email address
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by SisiOlu: 12:56am On Aug 06, 2013
@ abiolu

Fayo2k203@gmail.com
Will be expecting an email 4rm u soonest.

Regards
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by hardeymijuh: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
abiolu: @ hardeymiju, I didn't ennd up going to America, my host pulled out on me at the lst minute! Found another doctor to take me in chicago bt couldn't get a host, and I didn't want to go for the hotel option. Guess my child didn't want to be born in the US(lol). In a way, am glad I didn't go to the US cos at 38wkd or so they discover the water around the baby is very low and I had to be monitored day in day out. My labour was soso bad, I wonder if anyone would have tolerated me apart from my family! But good luck, I have some links in chicago,newyork,maryland,nc.if you have fmily there I can give you doctor details. Goodluck!

@ abiolu,

If you have dotor details in new york, pls inbox me samm_mii@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by tteam(f): 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
@abiolu n vivian obas. Please could you send me details of phoenix-accomodation,birth cert, etc to atofoma@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by tteam(f): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2013
@abiolu.
hello and thanksfor all your input
please can you share with us accomodation details for phoenix
thanks
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by MrsBee1: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
tteam: @abiolu.
hello and thanksfor all your input
please can you share with us accomodation details for phoenix
thanks
phone number is +16022728571 and you can make your reservations on www.extendedstayhotels.com. They have a chain of extended stay hotels on their list. What hospital in phoenix?
Re: I Want To Give Birth In Us by tteam(f): 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
mrs Bee. good to hear from you. Hope u landed safely.
i intend using The Maricopa medical center and want to travel by first week of october.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf / A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria / Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.