Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Lets Talk About The "Green Light" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About The "Green Light" (13069 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / 5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 6:57am On Dec 06, 2014
I didn't think I will be writing one of these, I don't like writing one of these, I don't want to write one of these but eff it, one of these has to be written.

So people have come up with signs that a girl/guy wants a romantic relationship with them. They see these signs in someone and they think "this person likes me romantically and wants to be more than what we are" so they plunge in to ask the person to be more than friends and if it she/he says no, the go into confusion wonder what happened as according to them, they have been given all the "signs" or the "green light" so it must be that the person is stalling. But most times, they are wrong.

Lets make one thing clear, there is no green light. There is no clear signs that a person wants to be more than friends. More often than not, it is our minds playing games with us and we see things that are not there or we translate things the way that is comfortable to us.

"The whole, she looked at and smiled sheepishly" might be that she saw a picture of a cute rabbit behind you and she loved it. The whole "he came to my rescue even though I did not call him" might just be because he is a natural protector and he did not want to see anyone get hurt not just you(stop taking things so damn personal). The truth is that we are bloody narcissists who admire ourselves too much and we automatically assume everyone else does so when we see someone go out to do something, we start thinking things in ways we should not think it.

If you are friends with someone or you met the person do not assume they showed you any signs, find out what the signs mean.

I am not talking about when you exceptionally like someone and you feel well "let me try and see how it goes" here, I am referring to when you see subtle signs of "like" or "love" and you want to take a step. Just calm down and do these:

Take a deep breath and eliminate all other factors why you think that person is doing what you call "green light" When she looked at you lovingly, are you sure she was not thinking about the guy she met at the mall or the waiter that served you?

When he took off his jacket cos you were cold, are you sure he was not just being a good friend?

Now you have to validate those signs. It is easy. Communication, ask a couple of questions and see how it goes. Questions you say...let me give you examples.

If she likes guys from a certain profession(law for example) which you are not ask her "would you date a banker?"

Or "would you date outside your tibe?" Or "would you date an unemployed guy?"

Keep the questions going but make sure those questions represent you. Make sure the qualities you ask her if she/he will date are what you have and she knows you have if to any of those questions, the answer is negative, ask why then ask "if she is a banker but stays out of town would you date her" if he says he can't a lady who stays out of town.

When you have asked these questions and you are sure you still have the "green lights", ask this simple question "would you date me?" there is where you will get the real "green light"(not totally dependable but close to it) But when asking these questions make sure you are not overly too serious so it does not seem like and interrogation and not so playful that she/he thinks it is just some lousy game.

These questions form the "green light" it is only when you have these answers you can boldly come out to say you have seen the green lights, because before that, you might as well have seen a traffic light or the whole goddam color spectrum.

So the next time you think you have gotten the green light, dig and be sure

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 6:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Oh yeah love Dr Mynd on a roll

Your dating game simply has to be on point before you can confidently interpret whatever signals you have coming from your date

It's actually very easy to read our Naija sisters

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Richiy(f): 7:03am On Dec 06, 2014
I disagree. Green light is just natural and it is different from just being nice though a lot of people confuse Niceness with green light.

In fact, right now, I am watching one usually rude girl give neon green light to one cute boy around. It is real joh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:04am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

Hehehehehehhe
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:05am On Dec 06, 2014
Richiy:
I disagree. Green light is just natural and it is different from just being nice though a lot of people confuse Niceness with green light.

In fact, right now, I am watching one usually rude girl give neon green light to one cute boy around. It is real joh.
You do realise she might actually admire the guy but would not date the guy right?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by chimerase2: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2014
Summary? undecided
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Alphaoscar: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2014
Green light as in traffic light?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Richiy(f): 7:10am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

You do realise she might actually admire the guy but would not date the guy right?

That is not what her demeanor is saying. She z saying, I like you and I hope you like me too and lets take our relationship ( non existent) to the next level.

There is a way girls think and it is very possible she has covered all grounds from friendship, sex and even marriage.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by chibwike(m): 7:10am On Dec 06, 2014
Nice write up myndd.

I think u v said it all, coz some of very hard to understand,.you dont know wats on their mind.,

so its better to ask them directly, like face to face.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by chibwike(m): 7:11am On Dec 06, 2014
Alphaoscar:
Its too early

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Livingwalker(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2014
I was just loving this your story tongue
True you might be emotional to conclude and misinterpret intentions it has happened to me
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Tallesty1(m): 7:14am On Dec 06, 2014
No matter how hard my mind try to convince me that a lady is giving me green lights or whatever, I will still ignore it because it could be my mind and the other leg that is sending wrong signals to my brain, trying to force it to accept what they want.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Livingwalker(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Dr mynd is being a while oooo were have you been since na ...
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Tymax(m): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2014
I have observed that the concept of "green light" is largely instinctive. Ladies often prefer to send "signals" to their preferred mate. But they'd rather not state their interest expressly nor would they like to be guided by questions. grin I don't know why they like to complicate issues like this.

If a guy has gotten to the stage of asking these questions then he is in danger of losing her interest. The green light must have be on and even blaring for ages before he got to the stage of asking logical questions.

I'm sure guys (like my humble self grin) have met ladies who would answer negative to these questions even though they are obviously interested. undecided Women often defy logic in matters like this. I don't know why. angry

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
Even when my mind tells me that a lady is giving me green lights or whatever, I still ignore it because it could be my mind and the other leg that is sending wrong signals to my brain.
bros,lie small small na grin

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by marieolae(f): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2014
chibwike:
Reading...
nothing meanigful to say, and you stain your name on threads you can't relate with. Its actually disturbing my following feed. I'll do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2014
Richiy:

That is not what her demeanor is saying. She z saying, I like you and I hope you like me too and lets take our relationship ( non existent) to the next level.

There is a way girls think and it is very possible she has covered all grounds from friendship, sex and even marriage.
And you know these because?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jmoore(m): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2014
Some ladies are on ''battery low'. They can't produce green light.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Seun(m): 7:27am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

because she is a lady.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 06, 2014
marieolae:
nothing meanigful to say, and you stain your name on threads you can't relate with. Its actually disturbing my following feed. I'll do the right thing.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But you too dey book space nah?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by unibenstudent1(m): 7:27am On Dec 06, 2014
marieolae:
person don dey irritated choi,Mary no go give person slap 1 day ohhh
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Tymax:
I have observed that the concept of "green light" is largely instinctive. Ladies often prefer to send "signals" to their preferred mate. But they'd rather not state their interest expressly nor would they like to be guided by questions. grin I don't know why they like to complicate issues like this.

If a guy has gotten to the stage of asking these questions then he is in danger of losing her interest. The green light must have be on and even blaring for ages before he got to the stage of asking logical questions.

I'm sure guys (like my humble self grin) have met ladies who would answer negative to these questions even though they are obviously interested. undecided Women often defy logic in matters like this. I don't know why. angry

Why would you want to date a girl in denial with herself and you?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Richiy(f): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Because I know am seeing.

And you obviously wouldn't see that much.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2014
Alphaoscar:
grin grin OH! God..
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Seun:
because she is a lady.
Obviously you think because she is ONE lady, she knows what every other lady wants and thinks.....

Nice
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Richiy:

Because I know am seeing.

And you obviously wouldn't see that much.
Think what you want. You have that freedom
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Seun:
because she is a lady.
oga @ they very top I hail

Any thing for your boys cool
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

Your dating game simply has to be on point before you can confidently interpret whatever signals you have coming from your date

It's actually very easy to read our Naija sisters
Truth!
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Isiterere(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2014
I'm partly disagree.
sometimes green light are correct and the other time it could be wrong.
Recently had a wrong green light for the 1st time from a colleague.

...and the return of mynd44 with a good post, welcome
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 06, 2014
You're right! people actually don't get the green light thingy, i actually try to be careful when looking at guy, because when he approaches me, i really don't know what to say to him, then i give him the red light to stop right there grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Hot Bae In Her Natural Hair" (photos) / Help!! I Think I Have Gotten Myself Into Trouble With This Girl From The Club / Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.