Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United (4740 Views)

After Mourinho’s Sack, Mikel Obi, The 'Consistent' One #Mikel Trends On Twitter / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2014
www.hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/06/chelsea-fans-react-on-twitter-to-john-obi-mikel-performance-v-ne/

Mikel was
called in after suspension
to Nemanja Matic.

Chelsea always knew that a trip to Newcastle United was going to
be tough. In recent times,
especially under Jose Mourinho,
they have struggled to defeat
The Toon, especially on Tyneside. The task was made all the more
tougher by the absence of
Nemanja Matic.

The defensive
midfielder is an ever present in
the side and without his
influence from midfield many were concerned Chelsea would
not be able to get the desire
result. But Chelsea have an extremely
experienced replacement in the
form of John Obi Mikel, even if he has not played on a regular
basis in recent weeks and
months.

It was his first start of the Premier League season and his first since May, so his
performance was always going
to come under the microscope.

Mikel did not have a bad
game, in fact, he was one of the
least to blame players out on
the pitch. He got stuck in, made some
great tackles and toward the
end of the game his howitzer
passes were causing endless
trouble in the Newcastle area. However he did not influence the
game quite like Matic has done
for Chelsea this season. The main
reason is the speed in his
transition.

Mikel takes three
languid touches when Matic takes two to get Chelsea on the
move in a more crisp and
ferocious fashion. The fact is Matic was bought as
an upgrade on Mikel because he
is simply that, an upgrade. So
when Mikel plays something will
be taken away from Chelsea's
performance.

Here is what the Chelsea fans
thought of his performance...

— TweetChelseaFC
(@TweetChelseaFC) December 6,
2014 Matic was a giant miss but John
Obi Mikel was absolutely class. No
quality in the final third, no end
product whatsoever.

— Thibauted (@Thibauted)
December 6, 2014 14
game unbeaten streak ended
the second Mikel starts a game.
And I refuse to believe that's a
coincidence.

— Daniel Sloss (@Daniel_Sloss)
December 6, 2014
I absolutely hate Mikel...sideways,
back ten yards, let's players skip
past him.

— l3ahpar (@l3ahpar) December
6, 2014
Hazard flagged offside. Great
from Mikel in our half to start
that counter attack.

— TweetChelseaFC
(@TweetChelseaFC) December 6,
2014 Brilliant game from Mikel so far,
looks so calm in possession.

— Frank Lampard UK
(@FrankLampardUK) December 6, 2014
Imagine abusing John Obi Mikel.Your player, loyal to this club
since 2006, superb for the club
in previous years, bossed it in
Munich.

— Adam Wojtkowiak
(@AdamWojtkowiak) December 6,
2014 Tbh if Mikel was so bad I'm sure
he'd of been sold long ago, so
many managers and they've all
chose to keep him. Says a lot.

— Thibauted (@Thibauted)
December 6, 2014 Mikel is just so slow. Takes him 5
touches to get the ball from
under his feet

— Calum Heseltine
(@Calum_Heseltine) December 6,

How did you feel Mikel
performed today?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
I feel he is not to blame for chelsea's defeat today. Chelsea would hav lost the game even if matic played.

Even at the viewing centre where I watched the match, all his former critics kept quiet today.
Alot of chances were wasted, luck wasn't on our side cry

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by knightsTempler: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
How ironic that he started the game and played one of his best football but Chelsea lost.

He played well today i must say.

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by sulmeza(m): 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
D team lost...dnt put d pin on only one man...tot dos white fans are mre reasonably dan sum fools here...apparently,i ws wrong...mourinho has neva won at d st.james park..wit or witout mikel

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by omokab: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2014
To be sincere mikel really played today but the quality of matic is not there.There are so many things to look at in football.
Firstly,in term of speed matic would have help the team better especially when they are in need of goal.secondly space covered, matic is also better than mikel.thirdly in bringing ball to attack an opponent matic is also good.Fourtly,matic is good on playing short from outside the box .lastly bringing down of opponent before he get close to box 18 should also be giving to matic.With all this qualities it will be very difficult for chelsea to beat newcastle without a player like matic as we can see that fabregas also find it difficut today when he's going forward.All the attackers were not able to break through because of lack of space and creativity until when drogba came in and fillipi.this is just my own observation
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mikel ...the Nigerian Snail smiley
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
omokab:
To be sincere mikel really played today but the quality of matic is not there.There are so many things to look at in football.
Firstly,in term of speed matic would have help the team better especially when they are in need of goal.secondly space covered, matic is also better than mikel.thirdly in bringing ball to attack an opponent matic is also good.Fortly,short on target will also be giving to matic.lastly bringing down of opponent before he get close to box 18 should also be giving to matic.With all this qualities it will be very difficult for chelsea to beat newcastle without a player like matic as we can see that fabregas also find it difficut today when he's going forward.All the attackers could not break through because of lack of space and creativity until when drogba came in and fillipi.this is just my own observation
so you mean chelsea would have won the game if matic played or what?
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by tuffgongjo(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
Are they mad?they must be mad.
Obi was one of our best performers today,he even went to head a ball in the opposition's box?that is enough for a day.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Obi was one of our best performers today,he even went to head a ball in the opposition's box?that is enough for a day.
yeah. It would have been a great day if he scored the goal cool
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Afrok(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
Any day wey no be person day, everything will go wrong that day undecided. Why blame Mikel when u've got 10players left plus substitutions and coaching crew, moreover, they should deal with the bitter pill of lost coz some clubs have being tasting that and they did tasted it again today embarassed.

Think of losing team, think of Arsenal fc cry.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by ukukaegbu(m): 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
tuffgongjo:

Bros, is that supposed to be a compliment? I don't think so.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by zizazizu: 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
The truth is, Mourinho should have chosen his battles wisely. Knowing he had never won in Newcastle, he would have rested key players on Wednesday against this match.

Mikel played 1st class football. He is someone Chelsea will not sell in a hurry. Remires was benched to allow Mikel play. That should tell you a lot.

Chelsea weree wasteful with their chances. Costa was selfish at points he should have been passing the ball.

Truth is, losing this match drops the burden of going a whole season unbeaten and now gives the team opportunity to focus on winning the league instead of beating or setting a record.

Mikel didn't cost Chelsea the match. Newcastle won well. Even Matic wouldn't have stopped them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 07, 2014
Tho am a man utd fans buh pls give it up for mikel
Don't know y pple shouting
Check out the 2 goals are there no terry, lius, ivanovic, azip there, the first goal beat a defender for cisse to tap in
2nd goal a clear Tru pass, again Chelsea are opportuned to prevent the ball, but they couldn't
There is nothing matic can do today
Matic was there they drew Sunderland nearly got beaten
Mourihno has been using his best 11way too much
1st 11 In UCL in epl
This pple aint machine
ND this is epl
Unbeaten na joke
Man u Unbeaten then was broken by wolves
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 07, 2014
zizazizu:
The truth is, Mourinho should have chosen his battles wisely. Knowing he had never won in Newcastle, he would have rested key players on Wednesday against this match.

Mikel played 1st class football. He is someone Chelsea will not sell in a hurry. Remires was benched to allow Mikel play. That should tell you a lot.

Chelsea weree wasteful with their chances. Costa was selfish at points he should have been passing the ball.

Truth is, losing this match drops the burden of going a whole season unbeaten and now gives the team opportunity to focus on winning the league instead of beating or setting a record.

Mikel didn't cost Chelsea the match. Newcastle won well. Even Matic wouldn't have stopped them.
A very good comment
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Mcbussy(m): 6:37am On Dec 07, 2014
Mikel is slow, Mikel is this, Mikel is that....

I personally don't like his style but if u ask me,I think Hazard killed d game. He lost possession and that led to the 2nd Newcastle goal.

He was tired so I see no reason why he should try to take on Cisse when all Chelsea players had moved forward for an attack.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by omokab: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2014
blueto:
so you mean chelsea would have won the game if matic played or what?
I have not siad that,but is most likely for chelsea to have won the game if matic played the match.Don't you that the absence of one or two key players sometimes affect the whole team.That's why Morihno suppose to be rotating Players because of a situation like this.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 07, 2014
Mcbussy:
Mikel is slow, Mikel is this, Mikel is that....

I personally don't like his style but if u ask me,I think Hazard killed d game. He lost possession and that led to the 2nd Newcastle goal.

He was tired so I see no reason why he would try to take on Cisse when all Chelsea players had moved forward for an attack.
Costa also helped in killing the game. He was stingy with the ball right from the beginning of the match to the end. The moment drogba came in and scored, the more stingy he became, he wanted to score his own goal.
he should learn from his mistakes and move on

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 07, 2014
Mikel was really okay. The only problem was Costa n cursed mourinho. The curse even made him to make unconvincing subs. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by tuffgongjo(m): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Bros, is that supposed to be a compliment? I don't think so.
It is because it is unusual seeing him there.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Adeoba10(m): 10:46am On Dec 07, 2014
zizazizu:

Tru talk bro,..... 36 Likes
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Arsenate(m): 11:54am On Dec 07, 2014
Matic is so much superior to Mikel. quite true Mikel gives the elegant long range passes every now and then but Matic has so much more in his game. Matic strength is basically his ability to break up plays; this doesn't necessarily appear elegant but in a team like Chelsea with so many technically gifted and attack-minded players, a tough tackler is absolutely necessary; which unfortunately Mikel isn't.
yes, matic is just as important as Costa, Cesc and Hazard in this Chelsea system. ( I can argue that he's the most important player in this Chelsea team, but that will be for another day)
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by pat077: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
mikel was a bit above average yesterday considering he hasn't been a regular this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
chai! This topic dey frontpage?

Naso any topic about Mikel they attract views? cheesy
1125 Views and still counting.... gringrin
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by cerzo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
the first half was never OK 4 Mikel although he tried....he only showed his klass after d 1st goal cuz Newcastle midfielders went on defendn thus leaving d center 4 Mikel to play.......I really enjoyed his long passes.....nice prefect long passes....

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by M4gunners: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chealshit and there yeye fans.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
M4gunners:
Chealshit and there yeye fans.
Arsenal lost yesterday too tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
cerzo:
the first half was never OK 4 Mikel although he tried....he only showed his klass after d 1st goal cuz Newcastle midfielders went on defendn thus leaving d center 4 Mikel to play.....I really enjoyed his long passes.....nice prefect long passes....
You can say that again
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by M4gunners: 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
blueto:
Arsenal lost yesterday too tongue
Who talking about lost?Whenever you guys lose, we no hear word again as if you guys are unbeatable.
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
Danielstainz:
Mikel ...the Nigerian Snail smiley
You....the nigerian agbaya smiley
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2014
shockwave91:

You....the nigerian agbaya smiley
whatz the meaning of agbaya?
Re: Chelsea Fans React On Twitter To John Obi Mikel Performance V Newcastle United by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2014
If all chelsea players were as good as Mikel, Chelsea would have won the game comfortably. Period

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Has Almost Ruin My Life. / Ex Super Eagles Defender Spotted Loading Buses At Enugu Park. / Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.