Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (4903 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by maclatunji: 12:25am On Dec 09, 2014
Agrika:

I bet you your previous boss may have done the same thing but because he is a man you failed to notice those "flaws"....why because it has been "something-cally" programmed into your head to only respect and "submit" to a man...thats why a lady will deliberate make snide remarks on another lady why is that so, because she is jealous or even insecure, Wetin come bring the jealousy or insecurity na because by virtue of the fine dress wey the other one wear or maybe the fine car wey she dey ride or her "enviable" position in the company, she has somehow consciously or unconsciously managed to look "superior" to her, which she can't tolerate because a fellow woman is not suppose to look or even be superior to her only a man is allowed such "benefits"...so Mr. O.p, you wanna know why women despise themselves so much, it boils down to these three letter words; MEN!

#Eeyah
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Stillfire: 12:44am On Dec 09, 2014
Frankenstein:
A woman just wrote a lengthy half-assed article about her exclusive personal experience to castigate her gender, and generalized everything without conducting a proper research.

Yes, women are their worst enemies.

Classic post! Imagine the irony. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe I'm weird I can only be friends with women not men. Men are boring. So I don't get it when they say women can't get along.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by agbeke58(f): 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
Agrika:

I bet you your previous boss may have done the same thing but because he is a man you failed to notice those "flaws"....why because it has been "something-cally" programmed into your head to only respect and "submit" to a man...thats why a lady will deliberate make snide remarks on another lady why is that so, because she is jealous or even insecure, Wetin come bring the jealousy or insecurity na because by virtue of the fine dress wey the other one wear or maybe the fine car wey she dey ride or her "enviable" position in the company, she has somehow consciously or unconsciously managed to look "superior" to her, which she can't tolerate because a fellow woman is not suppose to look or even be superior to her only a man is allowed such "benefits"...so Mr. O.p, you wanna know why women despise themselves so much, it boils down to these three letter words; MEN!

U see Agrika, my previous male boss is a goal getter and respects u for who u are. Even if we have face offs, he comes back and explains to u y he behaves like dat, he understands that u are another mans wife, and the fact that u are working as a surbodinate to him does not make him behave anyhow to u. He is a goal getter, we unanimously solve issues affecting the dt.

But not with d female boss. She adds to ur problems, never wants to take any responsibilities. And to think that there is absolutely nothing i see in her to be jealous or envious of.

Tho there are still some nice female bosses,, but very few. My opinion.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
agbeke58:

U see Agrika, my previous male boss is a goal getter and respects u for who u are. Even if we have face offs, he comes back and explains to u y he behaves like dat, he understands that u are another mans wife, and the fact that u are working as a surbodinate to him does not make him behave anyhow to u. He is a goal getter, we unanimously solve issues affecting the dt.

But not with d female boss. She adds to ur problems, never wants to take any responsibilities. And to think that there is absolutely nothing i see in her to be jealous or envious of.

Tho there are still some nice female bosses,, but very few. My opinion.

I have a male and a female boss and I prefer the female boss. The male boss is choleric, whenever there is a problem he loses his temper whereas the female boss is a very calm and composed person. I could write an essay on why she is the better boss between the two but I think this is enough to show that it depends on the individual personality and not on gender.

I think the OP is a good example of why SOME women are their own worst enemies, if the OP is female, I thought the OP was male.
I have never had any issues with women, I get along with them very well. I also do with men. So maybe the OP should ask herself / himself if she / he is the problem instead of putting the blame on an entire group of people.

I can't say I have had more problems with the one or other gender. It is a question of personality and not of gender, at least for me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
Frankenstein:
A woman just wrote a lengthy half-assed article about her exclusive personal experience to castigate her gender, and generalized everything without conducting a proper research.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
maclatunji:
Over to you ladies... grin grin grin
what about your brothers that are bombing people in the North, whose worst enemies are they? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by agbeke58(f): 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have a male and a female boss and I prefer the female boss. The male boss is choleric, whenever there is a problem he loses his temper whereas the female boss is a very calm and composed person. I could write an essay on why she is the better boss between the two but I think this is enough to show that it depends on the individual personality and not on gender.
I think the OP is a good example of why SOME women are their own worst enemies, if the OP is female, I thought the OP was male.
I have never had any issues with women, I get along with them very well. I also do with men. So maybe the OP should ask herself / himself if she / he is the problem instead of putting the blame on an entire group of people.
I can't say I have had more problems with the one or other gender. It is a question of personality and not of gender, at least for me.

Yes. Individual thing. But, i still believe that some females are more wahala -ish esp when they have little power/authority.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Stillfire: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mondisweets:
what about your brothers that are bombing people in the North, whose worst enemies are they? grin

Lol, you bad. grin

carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin

Lol, I stay mostly around women. I found out that the biggest troublemakers in girl groups are the ones that parrot the phrase 'I can't stand women' the most. The irony! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
agbeke58:

Yes. Individual thing. But, i still believe that some females are more wahala -ish esp when they have little power/authority.

I don't.

Experience taught me that it is not based on gender.

And history can tell you that this is not anything that depends on gender.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by babygirlfl: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
Agrika:

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by babygirlfl: 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Agrika:

The bolded is so true.

Most people are quick to talk about how wicked a female boss is.

If you have ever been a woman boss in Nigeria, you will realise how vulnerable you are as a woman in power in Nigeria. You could even become frustrated. You do the same thing a man would do and you are called wicked. Some people think that because you are a female boss, you should not even talk with authority. You are supposed to be a friend. Some even don't take you serious and would only take you seriously when you have maybe taken them through disciplinary actions. They say horrible things about you. Tell me, who says horrible things to a somebody or even male boss and gets the best out of them?

I have a female boss and I get along so well with her while some other women believe she is wicked.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by babygirlfl: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Stillfire:

Lol, I stay mostly around women. I found out that the biggest troublemakers in girl groups are the ones that parrot the phrase 'I can't stand women' the most. The irony! grin grin grin

True. I avoid women who say that. They are usually the bad women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by babygirlfl: 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

True. It is about the individual not the gender.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Agrika: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2014
babygirlfl:

The bolded is so true.

Most people are quick to talk about how wicked a female boss is.

If you have ever been a woman boss in Nigeria, you will realise how vulnerable you are as a woman in power in Nigeria. You could even become frustrated. You do the same thing a man would do and you are called wicked. Some people think that because you are a female boss, you should not even talk with authority. You are supposed to be a friend. Some even don't take you serious and would only take you seriously when you have maybe taken them through disciplinary actions. They say horrible things about you. Tell me, who says horrible things to a somebody or even male boss and gets the best out of them?

I have a female boss and I get along so well with her while some other women believe she is wicked.
U dey mind them, and the worst is that over 70% of such complaints come from thier fellow women, woe betide that woman if she is a single or don "overipe" for marriage, or divorced or even barren...Haaa! na her bad "character" cause am

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 12, 2014
Very interesting
. . .women bosses are bad; becasue they wont let them get away with not doing ther jobs properly

And since we are generalizing; however male bosses who demand sex from them before they can even get the job in the first instance and then chase them round the office for sex and oogling at their breasstss when talking to them are good.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2014
chaircover:
Very interesting
. . .women bosses are bad; becasue they wont let them get away with not doing ther jobs properly

And since we are generalizing; however male bosses who demand sex from them before they can even get the job in the first instance and then chase them round the office for sex and oogling at their breasstss when talking to them are good.

female bosses are horrible because most of them bring the emotional baggage from their families to the work environment.

i can't stand female bosses....
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by mutter(f): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2014
chaircover:
Very interesting

Guess we will never understand how some people think.
If women ruled the world there would be no war. The world would be a better place.

Yes people differ but as a woman I know just how much you can depend on a fellow woman especially when in need of moral support. I have such close women friends and we stand together , advice each other and are there for each other. Women can have a deep sympathy for one another and understand one another better.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

female bosses are horrible because most of them bring the emotional baggage from their families to the work environment.

i can't stand female bosses....

lo joko tongue tongue tongue
If you did your work right, no female boss will bother you
I know your type tongue grin

Yesterday I saw a man cussing a female police officer & giving her lip
When a male officer walked on the scene, he kept quiet
If the female police officer pulled her weight he would blame it on the female having PMT
Many of you just expect the female boss to bow down to you just becasue you are men .. and you dont like being told what to do by a female full stop.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by damiso(f): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2014
The worst boss I have ever had was a man and the best ever (encouraging nurturing firm strict professional decisive) was a woman.

I try (its hard sha) not to allow stereotypes colour my interaction with people. I have male and female friends and some of my greatest cheerleaders have been my female friends.So all these women hate each other is alien to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:20am On Dec 12, 2014
mutter:

Guess we will never understand how some people think.
If women ruled the world there would be no war. The world would be a better place.

Yes people differ but as a woman I know just how much you can depend on a fellow woman especially when in need of moral support. I have such close women friends and we stand together , advice each other and are there for each other. Women can have a deep sympathy for one another and understand one another better.

if women ruled the world, the planet would have perished. are you kidding me? read up about the queen bee syndrome before you start making claims you know nothing about. sisterhood is dead & buried.

top female CEOs who have broken through the glass ceiling are more likely to mentor and support male colleagues than female colleagues because you, as a female, are a threat to her lofty status.

chaircover:

lo joko tongue tongue tongue
If you did your work right, no female boss will bother you
I know your type tongue grin

nah - i can't stand emotional creatures who display passive aggressive behaviour instead of coming at me directly. they gossip, bïtch about the office & look for ways to undermine the colleagues below them at work.

Yesterday I saw a man "F" ing a female police officer & giving her lip
When a male officer walked on the scene, he kept quiet
If the female police officer pulled her weight he would blame it on the female having PMT

what has this gotta do with office politics?

Many of you just expect the female boss to bow down to you just becasue you are men .. full stop and you dont like being told what to do by a female.

i disagree.....
many of us have observed a woman can still wield power with her feminine qualities without necessary trying to act like a man. that's the problem of many female bosses - they try too hard to prove they can do what a man can do & go overboard.

i handpick jobs based on gender - my sanity is more important!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bukatyne(f): 11:22am On Dec 12, 2014
Frankenstein:

LOL! grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

if women ruled the world, the planet would have perished. are you kidding me? read up about the queen bee syndrome before you start making claims you know nothing about. sisterhood is dead & buried.

top female CEOs who have broken through the glass ceiling are more likely to mentor and support male colleagues than female colleagues because you, as a female, are a threat to her lofty status.

Not true
I am a woman and I ask my husband for the cause of some wars cos I dont really understand and I sonetimes dont even beleive what he tells me.
So fecking what over a peice of land on a desert border that noone even lives in. Just give the land away and live in peace with your neighbour.
Many wars are caused by ego. Ego is a word very familiar to men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bukatyne(f): 11:29am On Dec 12, 2014
Agrika:

I will not say men are the problem but I think most ladies who complain of female bosses are really not serious.

What they will do to a female boss, most will never try it to a male boss. Combine with the fact that some flirt with their bosses or the men are easily carried away with the female's swags (not saying it leads to anything) and there you have it.

If you as a lady is gunning for the top, who else to learn from apart from a female boss? In my organization, there are male and female bosses and subordinates complain of both sexes for different reasons.

If you do not like a female boss, biko resign when you have a female one cheesy or when you are promoted, please decline so that you would not be a 'bad' female boss.

Men don't keep malice, don't quarrel etc. that is why musicians diss themselves, colleagues plot each others downfall, neighbors set each other up etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

I will not say men are the problem but I think most ladies who complain of female bosses are really not serious.

What they will do to a female boss, most will never try it to a male boss. Combine with the fact that some flirt with their bosses or the men are easily carried away with the female's swags (not saying it leads to anything) and there you have it.

If you as a lady is gunning for the top, who else to learn from apart from a female boss? In my organization, there are male and female bosses and subordinates complain of both sexes for different reasons.

If you do not like a female boss, biko resign when you have a female one cheesy or when you are promoted, please decline so that you would not be a 'bad' female boss.

Men don't keep malice, don't quarrel etc. that is musicians diss themselves, colleagues plot each others downfall, neighbors set each other up etc.

Thank you for saying all the things I was too lazy to write grin
Coogar hope you dey hear
Obviously he doesnt eat in the office canteen
The things I have heard men say shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2014
chaircover:

Not true
I am a woman and I ask my husband for the cause of some wars cos I dont really understand and I sonetimes dont even beleive what he tells me.
So fecking what over a peice of land on a desert border that noone even lives in. Just give the land away and live in peace with your neighbour.
Many wars are caused by ego. Ego is a word very familiar to men.

a woman's tongue during her emotional burst is worse than any male ego. men & women don't want female bosses - there are billions of study & researches about this.

chaircover:

Coogar hope you dey hear

there's a reason i have never had any problem since i started working - that is because i have always avoided female bosses. it works for me perfectly. i don't get along with emotional beings......people who are known to act out of character because of PMS, menopause or a cheating husband. grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2014
chaircover:

Coogar hope you dey hear

Are you minding them?

Hubby and I went to visit his friend in his staff quarters. He was not around and told us to wait for him. When he arrived, his colleagues did not acknowledge a human being came undecided. Obviously they were jealous because the guy was promoted above them.

I am sure they were ladies.

Those who lace their oga's seat with jazz so they can take his place nko?

They must have Vs under their trousers.

Nonsense article

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

a woman's tongue during her emotional burst is worse than any male ego. men & women don't want female bosses - there are billions of study & researches about this.

there's a reason i have never had any problem since i started working - that is because i have always avoided female bosses. it works for me perfectly. i don't get along with emotional beings......people who are known to act out of character because of PMS, menopause or a cheating husband. grin cheesy

So where do you work that you dont come in contact with female bosses undecided
So if your boss is promoted, do you resign?
You must be the problem
not the bosses tongue
You are the one who cant work with certain people
tomorrow now you will say you cant work with French people cool
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
chaircover:

So where do you work that you dont come in contact with female bosses undecided
So if your boss is promoted, do you resign?
You must be the problem
not the bosses tongue
You are the one who cant work with certain people
tomorrow now you will say you cant work with French people cool

i work in a male-dominated work environment. few women who work there look like 12 year-old boys. they are too busy, too nerdy, too highly intellectual to act like the normal females you often come in contact with in retail, reception & other job sites where females dominate. grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Stillfire: 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Men don't keep malice, don't quarrel etc. that is why musicians diss themselves, colleagues plot each others downfall, neighbors set each other up etc.

They know they can't flirt with a female boss or use 'bottom power' to get their way. cheesy grin I don't take them seriously at all.

nah - i can't stand emotional creatures who display passive aggressive behaviour instead of coming at me directly. they gossip, bïtch about the office & look for ways to undermine the colleagues below them at work.

@Coogar
Passive aggression you say? Decline a male boss' favors and let's say if he won't unleash both active and passive aggressive behaviors to the lady. grin

As for the world perishing because of women ruling, have you men not perished the world as it is today? Rwanda boasts of 64% females in parliament today as a result of 70% of the population being females after the civil war. No wonder we've not heard of any wars from them. When there are less men, there would be peace. We are superior animals, we don't use violence to settle disputes like men. You'd better beg God to give you some estrogen! grin cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Stillfire:

They know they can't flirt with a female boss or use 'bottom power' to get their way. cheesy grin I don't take them seriously at all.

The next time some lady tells me yada yada about her female boss or female bosses in general, I would ask her if she is planning on becoming a boss too undecided
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by damiso(f): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
Stillfire this my Male boss employed even worse than passive aggressive techniques.Everyone knew he had an lssue with me because he was always picking on me.

The man did not even approve my annual leave and I went to work the day before my traditional engagement.and me I can be an efiko so when people kept on asking me 'what are you going here are you not meant to be getting married in less than 24 hrs shocked'. I made sure I rubbed it in that he intentionally did not approve my annual leave and I was not going to take unauthorised leave.I was going to go in on my engagement day as well but another unit head I worked with said it was ok not to come in.My dad sef was so pissed off.

Very horrible man .He Transfered me to Alaba intl market branch one time just to stress me angry angry angry it took someone in HR to plead on my behalf esp when the Person he wanted to swap me with lived in Festac.His excuse was he wanted to reshuffle and inject new faces into new areas yeah right.i almost fainted when I heard Alaba.

Very childish and immature behaviour you know like when pre pubescent boys pull the hair of girls that they fancy grin I knew he fancied me but I frustrated his life by being over the top formal and professional with him.He said call me my name I insisted on adding mr in front of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
damiso:
Stillfire this my Male boss employed even worse than passive aggressive techniques.Everyone knew he had an lssue with me because he was always picking on me.

The man did not even approve my annual leave and I went to work the day before my traditional engagement.and me I can be an efiko so when people kept on asking me 'what are you going here are you not meant to be getting married in less than 24 hrs shocked'. I made sure I rubbed it in that he intentionally did not approve my annual leave and I was not going to take unauthorised leave.I was going to go in on my engagement day as well but another unit head I worked with said it was ok not to come in.My dad sef was so pissed off.

Very horrible man .He Transfered me to Alaba intl market branch one time just to stress me angry angry angry it took someone in HR to plead on my behalf esp when the Person he wanted to swap me with lived in Festac.His excuse was he wanted to reshuffle and inject new faces into new areas yeah right.i almost fainted when I heard Alaba.

Very childish and immature behaviour you know like when pre pubescent boys pull the hair of girls that they fancy grin I knew he fancied me but I frustrated his life by being over the top formal and professional with him.He said call me my name I insisted on adding mr in front of it.

See as you just missed a very good business oppourtunity
You could have been getting electronics cheaply and selling them for a profit grin grin grin grin
Your boss was a good man . . .he was trying to help you grin grin grin grin grin grin
A woman boss would have transferred you to Awolowo Road. Na so so "yes ma" "yes sir" tire with the "Dont you know how I am" and "wanna gonna" peeps tongue grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If He Is Your Husband, What Will You Do? ★★pics★★ / Materiality of life / Ghanaian In UK Kills Wife For Flirting With A Nigerian [PICTURED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.