Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151032 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
to anyone in the house that did upfront medicals or has the answer.
did you receive the feedback form which you'll upload on your cic profile the same day or you're asked to come back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mcdonald123(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
to anyone in the house that did upfront medicals or has the answer.
did you receive the feedback form which you'll upload on your cic profile the same day or you're asked to come back.
Same day....nd i added it 2 ma app....yet cic ar still asking 4 medicals....@ tyms i wonder if dyy actually check all documents or dyy jes see 1 or 2 tins dyy lyk or dunt lyk nd decide 2 grant u d visa or refuse u...its funny...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
mcdonald123:
Same day....nd i added it 2 ma app....yet cic ar still asking 4 medicals....@ tyms i wonder if dyy actually check all documents or dyy jes see 1 or 2 tins dyy lyk or dunt lyk nd decide 2 grant u d visa or refuse u...its funny...
Pm ThatWarriboy.. He was once in a situation like urs and had to call d hospital.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mcdonald123(m): 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
IyaEjima:

Pm Warriboy.. He had a similar situation and had to call d hospital.
Yup i av spoken wiv warriboy...childrens practice syys i av 2 pay 10k 2 resend....finally payed 5....dave nat even sent it cos dyy ar lyk d panel physician is out of town..dats d alexandra anga lady...dat she wud b bak thursday...very annoying pipo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
mcdonald123:
Yup i av spoken wiv warriboy...childrens practice syys i av 2 pay 10k 2 resend....finally payed 5....dave nat even sent it cos dyy ar lyk d panel physician is out of town..dats d alexandra anga lady...dat she wud b bak thursday...very annoying pipo...
Wow! Never Knew it involves making another payment.. It is well! Most impt thing is ur TRV don de ready wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mcdonald123(m): 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
IyaEjima:

Wow! Never Knew it involves making another payment.. It is well! Most impt thing is ur TRV don de ready wink
Warriboy didnt av 2 pay....he did hes in ph...its dis children practice pipo dat ar acting up.....lyk u said most important tin is d trv...let dem av d money....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Good evening guys. Good to see siga show face here today, I hope u are good sir.. Preparing to apply for Trv, a lil scared but what has to be done must be done... hopefully we all get our Trvs. All the best guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Hello bro, continue waiting for people who are gonna search schools for you. Goodluck while you wait

Thank you so much for your response... If you didn't understand my question, I simply wanted people in my field who had applied and gotten favourable feedbacks from canadian schools to share the names of the schools so i do my own research and application.

It would interest you to know while you considered my question childish/irrelevant with your mediocre reply: two people on this forum already pm/emailed me names of schools that suits my requests.

Finally, as much as i'd love to ignore your mediocrity: I just want you to understand that no matter how foolish someone may sound, your best response should be to correct them with wisdom. That is how we grow as humans and make the world a better place. God Bless You Bro. All the Best in your Life endeavours and i wish you a fruitful 2015

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
tnuola:

This might sound a little mean, but I've got to say it anyways;

You are a prospective masters student, do your research from scratch to finish, and when you have a list of schools you can come back to ask specific questions abt them.
Just have in mind that you should have a first class or very strong 2:1 to get admitted/accepted.

Byee

Hello Dear,

I totally understand your views. Its quite unfortunate that you judged/concluded so quickly... maybe you could have asked me if i had done any research myself. Anyways, It would interest you to know that i have done proper research and have list of schools already. It doesn't substitute for the experiences my fellow nigerians can share with me here too. I believe if someone has already achieved my goals, sharing his experience would definitely help me make the right choices with ease.

Two people already PM/Emailed me list of some schools and shared their experiences which has been helpful, priceless and useful to continue my findings.

Have a good night rest dear.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
modskiller:
then keep quiet and simply ignore.

This is the most mature approach to dealing with issues. I like your statement. If i don't have answers to a question; I simply pretend like i didn't see it instead of insulting the person... Better still i advice the person on steps to take to get the answers...

If you have answers, just say it in a wise way and move on too... Well done my brother. People ought to understand manner of approach cos everyone is still learning till they leave the earth.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Phronesis2: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
Please I need help here as regads online application, cos I still have not received my offer letter yet sent by my sch! Which section can I upload my supporting documents-they are much, I am unable to see exactly where to classify them? Also can I use Nigeria's Master debit card to pay for the application fees? Pls if u have done the online application, kindly assist-its urgent- MUN, Fall 2015, Graduate, Oil and Gas Engng.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
Padike:

Bro..we are about the same thing, the only problem is the way they attack people that don't really understand how the thread even operates not to talk of going back to read. It can always be said in a nicer manner, not making every new person that comes look brainless. Most of us are out of uni nau. No matter what courtesy still has to be. We are all family

This is brilliant of you... I totally endorse this statement. Enough Said.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Phronesis2:
Please I need help here as regads online application, cos I still have not received my offer letter yet sent by my sch! Which section can I upload my supporting documents-they are much, I am unable to see exactly where to classify them? Also can I use Nigeria's Master debit card to pay for the application fees? Pls if u have done the online application, kindly assist-its urgent- MUN, Fall 2015, Graduate, Oil and Gas Engng.

Let me help a little, Expect help from more experienced members when they see your post too.

As regards MUN in CA, I wrote to them some weeks back on some other issues and they replied so i'll advise you to write an email to the graduate school about your challenges or visit http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/apply

Also as regards online payment... I'll personally recommend the FCMB VisaCard as it works seamlessly for me. Open an account with FCMB>>Obtain the FCMB VisaCard>>>Activate e-banking>>> Get an "I-Pin"(used for web transactions). You're good to go.

I hope my assistance helps you. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Phronesis2: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
Thanks a lot @deleyi20. I am not applying for MUN. I have been accepted already. Am talking about applying online for study permit application, as regards the section I can upload all my supporting documents, and also if I can use naira mastercard to initiate payment for application fees. Pls anyone that has passed this stage should assist. Thank you and I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
i dont think anyone holds a position to look down or call anyone lazy.
when i see a question, if i dont have an answer or i find it ridiculous, i just move on.
if everyone does this, the person asking a ridiculous question need not be told, he would know.
i agreee to the fact that yes! there are ridiculous questions....."how many schools offer info systems and technology in canada"

*some people will say hayqinsbfx has come again.....im ready btw"

Spot on! Needless to say more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
@deleyi20 baba ,your response to all those people *that form champion* here was so nice and polite. Respect!
deleyi20:

This is the most mature approach to dealing with issues. I like your statement. If i don't have answers to a question; I simply pretend like i didn't see it instead of insulting the person... Better still i advice the person on steps to take to get the answers...

If you have answers, just say it in a wise way and move on too... Well done my brother. People ought to understand manner of approach cos everyone is still learning till they leave the earth.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
grin grin Oboi see as you fire me con share grace at the end...you even end am with prayer hahahahahahahahahahaha. Okay no vex. Shey I don free now? grin. All the best in your application. May you be singled out for favour we shall all get to our destination in no time
deleyi20:

Thank you so much for your response... If you didn't understand my question, I simply wanted people in my field who had applied and gotten favourable feedbacks from canadian schools to share the names of the schools so i do my own research and application.

It would interest you to know while you considered my question childish/irrelevant with your mediocre reply: two people on this forum already pm/emailed me names of schools that suits my requests.

Finally, as much as i'd love to ignore your mediocrity: I just want you to understand that no matter how foolish someone may sound, your best response should be to correct them with wisdom. That is how we grow as humans and make the world a better place. God Bless You Bro. All the Best in your Life endeavours and i wish you a fruitful 2015

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
If you are transmitting your doc via online route, pay with GT mastercard or firstbank master card . They work fast and sharp!

And as per where to upload your doc. There are two sessions basically apart from the data page of your passport, passport photograph and the IMM forms. Your are going to upload all doc that has to do with proof of finance all together compressed on microsoft word and converted to pdf in proof of finance session. Then the second session is letter of explanation session. Your transcripts, loe, degree cert and all other supporting doc goes here! Clear enough?
Phronesis2:
Thanks a lot @deleyi20. I am not applying for MUN. I have been accepted already. Am talking about applying online for study permit application, as regards the section I can upload all my supporting documents, and also if I can use naira mastercard to initiate payment for application fees. Pls anyone that has passed this stage should assist. Thank you and I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Phronesis2:

You can use the scanned copy that was mailed to you by the school. You can use your gtb card. I used it and it worked. Just make sure you have your details for the acct entered correctly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 11:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
bc2015:

no dont think so... check this site www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/work-student_etudiant-travailler.aspx?lang=eng
Excerpt... how to apply
If you meet the conditions stated above, do not make a separate application
for a work permit and do not pay an additional fee for a work permit. Follow
the standard procedure to apply for a study permit , with one extra step:
In your study permit application, include a letter from the Canadian
educational institution stating that employment is an essential part of your
program of study. Underline or highlight this information in the letter.

did that over the weekend, the lady incharge of international students replied 'the placement hours are covered in your LOA and its sufficient for this requirement..all our letters are sent in this format..". Anyway, in d LOA, it ws stated that co-op is essential and it ws underlined..so what do u think?thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
deleyi20:

Hello Dear,

I totally understand your views. Its quite unfortunate that you judged/concluded so quickly... maybe you could have asked me if i had done any research myself. Anyways, It would interest you to know that i have done proper research and have list of schools already. It doesn't substitute for the experiences my fellow nigerians can share with me here too. I believe if someone has already achieved my goals, sharing his experience would definitely help me make the right choices with ease.

Two people already PM/Emailed me list of some schools and shared their experiences which has been helpful, priceless and useful to continue my findings.

Have a good night rest dear.

Hi,
Well said, just so you know if you had asked a specific question and made it known that you had done your findings and listed the schools in mind on here, you would have gotten more than two responses to aid you.
This thread thrives on information shared, now that you've been mailed what you wanted, how does the thread grow? How do people that want this info get it when its your inbox? They then come n ask the same question again.

Ps. I didn't judge you, the question you asked and the way it was asked was...... But from your replies you seem like a really smart person.
I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
Opesyy:
@deleyi20 baba ,your response to all those people *that form champion* here was so nice and polite. Respect!

Lol at "that form champion" smh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Tnuola, pls lets move on. Lesson learnt. Im sure we all have picked one or two things from this incident. Aii dear. Goodnite

tnuola:

Hi,
Well said, just so you know if you had asked a specific question and made it known that you had done your findings and listed the schools in mind on here, you would have gotten more than two responses to aid you.
This thread thrives on information shared, now that you've been mailed what you wanted, how does the thread grow? How do people that want this info get it when its your inbox? They then come n ask the same question again.

Ps. I didn't judge you, the question you asked and the way it was asked was...... But from your replies you seem like a really smart person.
I wish you all the best in your endeavours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 1:08am On Mar 24, 2015
@tnuola how is it going with your application, i followed only you while going through this thread and i must say i admire your courage and also sorry for the delay u had. You have a fighting spirit and thats good. am also applying for the Trv soon but will be applying from Cyprus here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:50am On Mar 24, 2015
i tot consultant practicw is the best...now im havin a bias....
iyaejima which hosp did you use
mcdonald123:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:43am On Mar 24, 2015
taregs:
@tnuola how is it going with your application, i followed only you while going through this thread and i must say i admire your courage and also sorry for the delay u had. You have a fighting spirit and thats good. am also applying for the Trv soon but will be applying from Cyprus here.

Thanks a lot. I should reapply june/july.
I wish u all the very best in your app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:47am On Mar 24, 2015
yregs:
Tnuola, pls lets move on. Lesson learnt. Im sure we all have picked one or two things from this incident. Aii dear. Goodnite

Yup yup yup.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Phronesis2: 6:08am On Mar 24, 2015
@Jengbetiele, thanks a lot bro for your explanation. Well understood. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 6:37am On Mar 24, 2015
MUN original offer letter takes foreva to reach applicants. Got admitted since Nov yet its not here. I applied with d scanned copy jare (online route). My friend got his trv wiv d scanned copy last year...original arrived 6months after offer was made. Btw, ur oil and gas engr makes us prospective classmates in ur 1st yr...mines safety & risk engr...all d best as u apply...

Phronesis2:
HELLO HOUSE, PLS HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR STUDY PERMIT USING SCANNED COPY OF OFFER LETTER? I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY ORIGINAL LETTER SENT TO ME BY THE SCHOOL. PLEASE ANYONE THAT HAS SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND APPLIED SHD KINDLY ADVICE

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.