Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1148987 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:11am On May 10, 2015
With your background, you can do a MA in library & Information science, Political Science or any Humanities or Social Science course. Most people don't know that librarians make good money but they do. They're other positions you could get... Researcher, Archivist, Data Officer, Library Services Consultant, etc. For costs, you would have to look up some schools and their tuition for international students.

Chibuking81:
I would have love to start from page one of this forum, but the number are so much. Pls I need information on how to apply for master degree programme in Canada, and how much I will be looking at for the whole process. I have pick interest to apply for universities in Canada. I am a graduate with B.A in Library and Information Science / Political Science, its a double honor awarded degree, so I can major in the field of Library and Information science, also in the field of Political Science. Pls I really need information, thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chibuking81(m): 5:29am On May 10, 2015
aflyingbird:
With your background, you can do a MA in library & Information science, Political Science or any Humanities or Social Science course. Most people don't know that librarians make good money but they do. They're other positions you could get... Researcher, Archivist, Data Officer, Library Services Consultant, etc. For costs, you would have to look up some schools and their tuition for international students.

thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sheriph: 6:30am On May 10, 2015
Solo8:

Literally anywhere that is not a major city but that's just a worst case scenario. There are still opportunities in the major cities. Go over the first hurdle before you start worrying about jobs. You are still some ways away.

please what of Conestoga college Kitchener Ontario. In terms of Job, accommodation and other things please. My cousin is going to study Food safety and quality assurance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sheriph: 6:32am On May 10, 2015
Solo8:
Hey guys,
Good to see some people are interested and working hard to come to Canada. I was born in Nigeria, but I grew up here in Toronto and also went through high school and university here (I've spent most of my life here but still visit naija yearly). Since I did not come through a study visa program I might not be able to of much help with applications but I might be able to give you some advice on things like the city, province, country, school life, work life and culture. I am an engineer aswell, I noticed a lot of people here are applying for engineering.

Goodluck guys.

Cheers

please what of Conestoga college Kitchener Ontario. In terms of Job, accommodation and other things please. My cousin is going to study Food safety and quality assurance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 6:44am On May 10, 2015
Team12:
What my husband's company does is not in any way related to my course of study. I don't work in my husband's company, I am only a director and share holder.

If I mistakenly submit a leave letter from my husband's company, I will be doing myself more harm than good, because I am not expected to work some where else since I work with my current employer on a full time basis.

[b] In my own opinion, your application is very okay. Just endeavor to submit the form CAC2 & CAC7,along with the COI of your hubby's company.

One more thing you may decide to add (though still okay if you don't) is that being a director in your hubby's company, you'll definitely need to be on ground in the nearest future to manage the affairs of his company.

Basically, a leave letter stands in as a home tie, but believe me, being a director in a functioning company is one of the strongest home ties (far outweighs the impact of a leave letter) , as such, you're application is good to go.

As a director in a company, you don't even need an employment letter....(Someone mentioned about it in the past that he got an employment letter/leave letter from a company in which he is a director). It is an appointment, and your name being among the board of directors duly registered at CAC is a proof of automatic employment. As long as your name continues to remain in the list as a director, you don't need any leave letter, all you need is to state that you are going as a director to brace up your management capabilities/skill for the interest of your organization shikenah (making life very easy for the applicant)

Lemme join the list of the few that will congratulate you in advance on a positive outcome.

God will see you thru. [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:03am On May 10, 2015
good day guys...pls i applied online for canadian visa, have done my biometrics last week wednesday and my cic account is yet to be updated that i have done my biometrics. while does it take much time pls or wen excatly is the duration before it is uploaded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Niscolinx: 7:09am On May 10, 2015
Hey guys can anyone give me the procedures or steps i need to follow in other to prepare my visa please, if possible to travel before September,
I wanna study elec. Eng. on waterloo or any other uni you can recommend based on getting an admission safe and quick.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2015
Solo8:

Did the school offer you a chance to work on campus? They should tell you the pay. It's usually around minimum wage for whatever province you are in
yes and i checked manitoba minimum wages,
Manitoba $ 10.70 October 1, 2014, is this amount i can make in a day or it depend on the hours of the job?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2015
sheriph:

Read the previous page
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2015
JJCE:
yes and i checked manitoba minimum wages,
Manitoba $ 10.70 October 1, 2014, is this amount i can make in a day or it depend on the hours of the job?

Actually depends on what you are doing. What kinda job are you being offered? Could be that and even up to double that wage, depends on what type of job
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ziddie(f): 8:07am On May 10, 2015
mevisbleek:

Newham campus it is IMO LOL. Its in Northyork i guess. But do ur own research i just dey advise

@mevisbleek.......Thanks boss cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dbabba: 8:40am On May 10, 2015
Solo8:

What field are you in? How long is your program and what's your education/Work experience?

My field urban planning and design. My program is a one year graduate cert in GIS- geospatial management and I have about a year work experience in town planning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 8:49am On May 10, 2015
Dude!!! Don't be naive about the process ; take time out to decide which schools you would like to apply to and shortlist them. Look up on Google to know more about them and their recquirements. Apply to those in which you meet their requirements. Its better you apply to both competitive and less competitive schools. Now don't dream of going to Canada this year cos that's outrightly impossible . Start working against Winter intake or summer and use that time out to read lots of pages backwards. Good luck.
Niscolinx:
Hey guys can anyone give me the procedures or steps i need to follow in other to prepare my visa please, if possible to travel before September,
I wanna study elec. Eng. on waterloo or any other uni you can recommend based on getting an admission safe and quick.thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 9:12am On May 10, 2015
kfrosh:
Dude!!! Don't be naive about the process ; take time out to decide which schools you would like to apply to and shortlist them. Look up on Google to know more about them and their recquirements. Apply to those in which you meet their requirements. Its better you apply to both competitive and less competitive schools. Now don't dream of going to Canada this year cos that's outrightly impossible . Start working against Winter intake or summer and use that time out to read lots of pages backwards. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 9:14am On May 10, 2015
Niscolinx:
try university of winnipeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 9:28am On May 10, 2015
kfrosh:

Well said..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 11:56am On May 10, 2015
Hi Fam. I was delayed in March based on the following reasons : Travel history, purpose of visit, length of stay, current employment situation and personal asset and funds.

Here are the documents I'm about to submit (those asterisked were not included in my previous application).

Sponsor (mother)
Personal SOA
Reference letter
CAC docs
Tax clearance certificate
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit from sponsor
Property documents of parents
*Property evaluation report
*Father's consent letter

Mine:-
Application forms (everything)
SOP
Admission letter
Letter from the school stating I have been fully admitted.
Tuition reciept
Police clearance certificate
Bsc transcript
WAEC result
Bsc certificate
*Project mgt certificate
Birth certificate
*Employment letter
*Introduction/reference letter from the coy
*Study leave letter
*my SOA
*ID card

Other supporting documents
Family pictures
Parents birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate
Parents national ID card

House pls help me check. Am I good to go?? Do I need to add anything??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicumej: 11:58am On May 10, 2015
[quote author=sheriph post=33589256]

please what would you advice about studying a PGD in Safety & Risk Management in Memorial University, newfoundland?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 10, 2015
hey guys, pls i just applied d second time using online. was denied d first time on insufficient funds. dt has been covered. my question is i did my biometrics last week wed being may 6 and i tot my cic account will be updated dt i did my biometrics rather it is showing not needed at this time. am getting worried o..is it really like dis? is there anyone that got their visa through online platform and experienced such? pls treat as urgent. tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 2:56pm On May 10, 2015
dbabba:

My field urban planning and design. My program is a one year graduate cert in GIS- geospatial management and I have about a year work experience in town planning.

It will be competitive to get a job but if you just gotta be prepared. If you get hired by any level of the govt, then pay will be good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:03pm On May 10, 2015
My program has a 4month coop after every sessison.
I'll like to know wht the pay would be like during coop..
As I said ill be studying civil engineering technology
Solo8:

It will be competitive to get a job but if you just gotta be prepared. If you get hired by any level of the govt, then pay will be good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:04pm On May 10, 2015
How did you tackle your purpose of visit?
U have to state previous academic background and what ur goin for...m
Ifeco1:
Hi Fam. I was delayed in March based on the following reasons : Travel history, purpose of visit, length of stay, current employment situation and personal asset and funds.

Here are the documents I'm about to submit (those asterisked were not included in my previous application).

Sponsor (mother)
Personal SOA
Reference letter
CAC docs
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit from sponsor
*Father's consent letter

SOP
Admission letter
Tuition reciept
Bsc transcript
WAEC result
Bsc certificate
*Project mgt certificate
Birth certificate
*Employment letter
*Study leave letter
*my SOA
*ID card

Family pictures
Parents national ID card

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 3:20pm On May 10, 2015
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=33601919]How did you tackle your purpose of visit?
U have to state previous academic background and what ur goin for...

I studied industrial chemistry. I'm going for global business mgt. I'm currently working working with folabyte resources int'l ltd. as a junior business analyst.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:47pm On May 10, 2015
Untiil u taackle why u intend to change fromindustrial chemistry I dnt feel Ure good to go....

[quote author=Ifeco1 post=33602368][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 3:52pm On May 10, 2015
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=33603136]Untiil u taackle why u intend to change fromindustrial chemistry I dnt feel Ure good to go....

Did you see my current employment?? I think that should tackle it. Then my SOP did too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
From previous applicaations...That hasn't. Proved successful enough.
But Grace works....[quote author=Ifeco1 post=33603273][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 4:17pm On May 10, 2015

Sponsor (mother)
Personal SOA
Reference letter
CAC docs
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit from sponsor
*Father's consent letter

SOP
Admission letter
Tuition reciept
Bsc transcript
WAEC result
Bsc certificate
*Project mgt certificate
Birth certificate
*Employment letter
*Study leave letter
*my SOA
*ID card

Family pictures
Parents national ID card

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 4:21pm On May 10, 2015
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=33603672]From previous applicaations...That hasn't. Proved successful enough.
But Grace works....

So what would you suggest I should do??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
My program has a 4month coop after every sessison.
I'll like to know wht the pay would be like during coop..
As I said ill be studying civil engineering technology

It depends who hires you. I would guess it'll range from 12 to 15 dollars an hr on a 40 hr work week. Don't quite understand the concern with pay if it's only a 4 month term.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by babajust: 4:53pm On May 10, 2015
Solo8:
Hey guys,
Good to see some people are interested and working hard to come to Canada. I was born in Nigeria, but I grew up here in Toronto and also went through high school and university here (I've spent most of my life here but still visit naija yearly). Since I did not come through a study visa program I might not be able to of much help with applications but I might be able to give you some advice on things like the city, province, country, school life, work life and culture. I am an engineer aswell, I noticed a lot of people here are applying for engineering.

Goodluck guys.

Cheers

Hello bros, I need ur candid advice. I'm a computer science graduate from a uni. in naija and I currently work with an international telecoms firm with over 3yrs experience. I'm currently making plans of relocating to canada. My questions are; what are the prospects of a telecoms engr in canada? Hw is telecoms industry over there? Hw much do you knw about Humber College`s academic performance and overall rating cos I intend do a postgraduate course in wireless telecommunication at Humber? Cost of living in Ontario too. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:05pm On May 10, 2015
Okay that's cool.
I intend to do full time during coop den parttime wheeen sch is in session.
U seem not to understand that peeeps wanna make maximum use of any oppurtunity to. Make some quid....
Solo8:

It depends who hires you. I would guess it'll range from 12 to 15 dollars an hr on a 40 hr work week. Don't quite understand the concern with pay if it's only a 4 month term.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.