Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154198 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 1:03am On May 11, 2015
JJCE:
yes and i checked manitoba minimum wages,
Manitoba $ 10.70 October 1, 2014, is this amount i can make in a day or it depend on the hours of the job?

Thats the minimum amount you can make an hour, as an international student you are allowed to work 20 hrs a week max...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 1:39am On May 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Okay that's cool.
I intend to do full time during coop den parttime wheeen sch is in session.
U seem not to understand that peeeps wanna make maximum use of any oppurtunity to. Make some quid....

I understand the need to make money, but you're not going to crazy money while in school. Its just going to be supplementary income, so worrying about that now does not really help you. Things will probably be different than whatever you hear.

Goodluck regardless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 2:18am On May 11, 2015
for those who needs a SOP sample, please feel free to use this as a guideline only.

Copy the words verbatim at your own peril undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:42am On May 11, 2015
Sure
Thanks
Solo8:

I understand the need to make money, but you're not going to crazy money while in school. Its just going to be supplementary income, so worrying about that now does not really help you. Things will probably be different than whatever you hear.

Goodluck regardless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 5:43am On May 11, 2015
You need not worry, it will remain like that during the duration of d review...mine was that way and I have a TRV now

kacchiz:
hey guys, pls i just applied d second time using online. was denied d first time on insufficient funds. dt has been covered. my question is i did my biometrics last week wed being may 6 and i tot my cic account will be updated dt i did my biometrics rather it is showing not needed at this time. am getting worried o..is it really like dis? is there anyone that got their visa through online platform and experienced such? pls treat as urgent. tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 5:45am On May 11, 2015
It depends on what you need it for...btw, its a great course...I'm going for the same program in MUN

[quote author=vicumej post=33596643][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 5:48am On May 11, 2015
U r in d best position to do them yourself...better still, ask for a review when u have a draft...i'll be happy to help...goodluck

obig:
Hello house, please i want to resubmit my application next week via paper route.
please i need someone to help me draft a very strong SOP, introduction letter and leave letter.
i will really appreciate. email: obigfreestyle@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MickinAbuja(m): 7:41am On May 11, 2015
Vicjustice:

It would have been good to understand what you quoted in its context before before judging it.
There is difference between "depositing lump sums of money into an account which apparently stands in isolation for presentation purpose" and the scenario that you explained.
Other people who had read my post understood what i meant by "Money Lodgement" hence none have objected.

Vicjustice - my post wasn't meant to be an objection, but rather a clarification to explain what type of 'Money Lodgement' may be acceptable. You are correct to say that "depositing lump sums of money into an account which apparently stands in isolation" will not be viewed well by VO's. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 7:52am On May 11, 2015
thank you very much jareee, i will send it to you to help and cross check once i finish writing it.
marcuskens:
U r in d best position to do them yourself...better still, ask for a review when u have a draft...i'll be happy to help...goodluck

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:05am On May 11, 2015
Goodmorning people,
Wishing us a nice and medical-request filled week.

CoCoLav:
You guys should have simply told obig he has to do it himself. I know it sounds funny but laughing at him ain't fair.

I understand where @Obig is coming from, he was delayed before so he probably needs to scrutinise his letters for the reapplication and there is no shame in that..As a matter of fact, most of us did same with our letters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dbabba: 8:38am On May 11, 2015
luvly3:

Thats the minimum amount you can make an hour, as an international student you are allowed to work 20 hrs a week max...

I read that one can only start working after 6 months of study. How true is that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by forelite: 8:46am On May 11, 2015
PLEASE HOUSE!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE SUBMITTED ALONGSIDE PAPER ROUTE APPLICATION............UR URGENT REPLY WILL BE APPRECIATED.................
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:04am On May 11, 2015
Didn't see it that way though. Sorry @Obig if that came out rude. Thanks @Cocolav and @Seyimilan for pointing that out...

CoCoLav:
You guys should have simply told obig he has to do it himself. I know it sounds funny but laughing at him ain't fair.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:14am On May 11, 2015
Lool...That "jare" meant...better person!......
Buh OBIG no take am as abuse...I dnt tink any1 did tho...
Ur request was just actually ridiculous..

There are formats some posts ahead, I'm sure that'll be a useful guide....
obig:
thank you very much jareee, i will send it to you to help and cross check once i finish writing it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by easyxtan: 10:35am On May 11, 2015
where can i find the schedule 1 form? please can anyone answer my question please, it urgent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graphical(f): 11:24am On May 11, 2015
Good morning house,

I am scheduled for biometric, but I need to confirm the address please. Is it the address at Ilupeju or at Lekki?
I don't want to be re-directed. Those that have done their biometric, kindly help out with the appropriate address please.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 12:08pm On May 11, 2015
Graphical:
Good morning house,

I am scheduled for biometric, but I need to confirm the address please. Is it the address at Ilupeju or at Lekki?
I don't want to be re-directed. Those that have done their biometric, kindly help out with the appropriate address please.
3rd roundabout, Lekki
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 12:10pm On May 11, 2015
Abeg a friend of mine submitted his study permit application with conditional offer of acceptance letter....Is that even possible.....?? I thought u could only use the unconditional letter of acceptance for canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Barnie1111(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2015
Chukyade, where are you, seems you have gone into hibeernation since you got to Canada. Hope you are settling down fast? PM me please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cocosmite: 12:33pm On May 11, 2015
Solo8:
Hey guys,
Good to see some people are interested and working hard to come to Canada. I was born in Nigeria, but I grew up here in Toronto and also went through high school and university here (I've spent most of my life here but still visit naija yearly). Since I did not come through a study visa program I might not be able to of much help with applications but I might be able to give you some advice on things like the city, province, country, school life, work life and culture. I am an engineer aswell, I noticed a lot of people here are applying for engineering.

Goodluck guys.

Cheers

Your profile interests me especially because i am an engineering graduate.

Cocosmite:
That is great. You are versatile my dear friend.

What I meant of the scope of Oil and Gas Engineering is that it may be more narrow and constrained compared to a degree in Chemical Engineering .
E.g Comparing Limitations of Oil and Gas Engineering MASc in Memorial to Chemical Engineering (Courses based on Petroleum studies) Msc in Dalhousie, do you think this Oil and Gas Engineering doesn't keep you in a box.
Some people are of the opinion that degrees such as OIL and GAS ENGINEERING are designed for Internationale exclusively and may weigh less 4 diversity sake. Their opinion though.
i Have admissions in both and I was hesitant on NL cause I felt Chemical Engineering degree covers both on broader range and recognition.

About your study plan. Why did you chose North Island College? The degree selected is awesome and will be sort after continentally.

Keep it up ekpblue8.

Please share your views on this enquiry.

I have a conundrum selecting between Memorial University (Oil and Gas Engineering MASc), Dalhousie University (Chemical Engineering (Courses based on Petroleum studies)) and Regina University (Petroleum System Engineering)

Comparing Limitations of Oil and Gas Engineering MASc in Memorial to Chemical Engineering (Courses based on Petroleum studies) Msc in Dalhousie, do you think this Oil and Gas Engineering doesn't keep you in a box.
Some people are of the opinion that degrees such as OIL and GAS ENGINEERING are designed for Internationales exclusively and may weigh less 4 diversity sake. Their opinion though.
i Have admissions in both and I was hesitant on NL cause I felt Chemical Engineering degree covers both on broader range and recognition.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cocosmite: 12:33pm On May 11, 2015
Hello NLers,

Cliche! buh i will go with it. You guys are doing a great job. I'll copy a few names i have seen quite too often.
cc: hayqinsbFX, cc: Team12, cc: Solo8, cc: pchax, cc: ekpblues8 Last and certainly not the least, cc: tnuola (the lady boss)
I throw way salute.

Now i have collated all documents for my student visa via online route. Adm. is in Fall, 2015
Here they are
A. Proof of Acceptance
1. Acceptance letter and Offer letter
2. Part Payment
3. Official Transcript and Confirmation of Degree Certificate administered from University of XXXXX.
4. International English Language Testing System(IELTS)
5. Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) result.
6. Best Graduating Certificate accolade offered by Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
7. National Youth Service Corp discharge certificate
8. Birth Certificate
9. Nigerian Undergraduate Recommendation Letter from HOD.

B. Proof of Identity
1. Valid virgin passport; Data page of national passport
2. Drivers Licence
3. Previous Offer Letter
4. ID card
5. Past Work Offer Letters
6. Resume’
7. Academic Journal
8. National Identity Card

C. Proof of Financial Support
1. Part Payment
2. From Sponsor (Brother)
i. Statement of Account of bank account
ii. Letter and declaration of sponsorship
iii. Payslip
iv. Passport data page
v. Employment letter
vi. Complimentary Card

3. For Co-sponsor (Mother)
i. Statement of Account
ii. Letter and declaration of sponsorship
iii. Payslip
iv. Passport data page
v. Employment letter and Redeployment Letter.

4. Landed Documents
i. Survey document for property
ii. Father’s Landed Property
iii. Receipt of C of O

D. Letter of Explanation
1. Statement of Purpose
2. Certificate in Oil and Gas Engineering
3. Compendium of the Admission details and financial analysis
4. Question and Answer (FAQ) on Visa Application

Kindly go through and guide me appropriately.

Thanks
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kykybfo: 12:55pm On May 11, 2015
helloe house, please does centennial college require ielts for admission? pls assist anyone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 1:06pm On May 11, 2015
Hello,

I must say you have a very good package.

I believe you are working based on the (Past Work Offer Letters stated). Please include your personal SOA no matter the amount. Add your pension statement if you contribute to one and promotion letters (if any). Payslips (at least 4 months) will also do. This should tackle the issue of "Lack of Personal Assets" and "Employment history".

Also, your mum needs to write a sponsorship letter since she is a co-sponsor. Your brother's sponsorship letter can not stand in for her.

Is it also possible to mention the balance in the SOA so the house can confirm if it's fine (To avoid issue of "lack of sufficient funds)

Cocosmite:
Hello NLers,

Cliche! buh i will go with it. You guys are doing a great job. I'll copy a few names i have seen quite too often.
cc: hayqinsbFX, cc: Team12, cc: Solo8, cc: pchax, cc: ekpblues8 Last and certainly not the least, cc: tnuola (the lady boss)
I throw way salute.

Now i have collated all documents for my student visa via online route. Adm. is in Fall, 2015
Here they are

B. Proof of Identity
1. Valid virgin passport; Data page of national passport
2. Drivers Licence
3. Previous Offer Letter
4. ID card
5. Past Work Offer Letters
6. Resume’
7. Academic Journal
8. National Identity Card

3. For Co-sponsor (Mother)
i. Statement of Account
ii. Letter and declaration of sponsorship from my Brother
iii. Payslip
iv. Passport data page
v. Employment letter and Redeployment Letter.

Kindly go through and guide me appropriately.

Thanks
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2015
Cocosmite:

Your profile interests me especially because i am an engineering graduate.

Please share your views on this enquiry.

I have a conundrum selecting between Memorial University (Oil and Gas Engineering MASc), Dalhousie University (Chemical Engineering (Courses based on Petroleum studies)) and Regina University (Petroleum System Engineering)

Comparing Limitations of Oil and Gas Engineering MASc in Memorial to Chemical Engineering (Courses based on Petroleum studies) Msc in Dalhousie, do you think this Oil and Gas Engineering doesn't keep you in a box.
Some people are of the opinion that degrees such as OIL and GAS ENGINEERING are designed for Internationales exclusively and may weigh less 4 diversity sake. Their opinion though.

Thanks.

I agree with you that programs like oil and gas or petroleum does put you in a box compared to chemical eng. However, since you already have your bachelors, you might be able to afford to specialize. What bachelors degree do you have?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by UNIXLover(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2015
hello guys,
I need University that accept IELTS BELOW 7.0 (6 to 6.5).
I will appreciate any help on this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 3:18pm On May 11, 2015
anthochie:
Abeg a friend of mine submitted his study permit application with conditional offer of acceptance letter....Is that even possible.....?? I thought u could only use the unconditional letter of acceptance for canada

please is there anyone with an answer to this question....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 11, 2015
anthochie:

please is there anyone with an answer to this question....

Bro, according to what I heard from an old timer, it doesn't matter..
I also know a few people who applied with Conditional letters and got their visas..

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.