Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154046 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mosquitoway: 3:43pm On May 11, 2015
Team12:
Please throw more light sir! are u saying if you school and work in Manitoba they will return the school fees you paid? grin

yea,sorry for the late reply,you are entitled to 60% of your tuition back when you start working?after working 6 months u can start your application for permanent residency under the provincial nominee program

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 4:24pm On May 11, 2015
Thanks.
mosquitoway:
yea,sorry for the late reply,you are entitled to 60% of your tuition back when you start working?after working 6 months u can start your application for permanent residency under the provincial nominee program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kykybfo: 4:26pm On May 11, 2015
please does centennial college require ielts for admission? pls assist anyone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 4:36pm On May 11, 2015
Some peeps and their unlettered manner of approach sha...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 4:44pm On May 11, 2015
darefestus:

Bro, according to what I heard from an old timer, it doesn't matter..
I also know a few people who applied with Conditional letters and got their visas..

Ohh..ok...I was arguing g with the person ohhh...now I might be wrong...thanks for the response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 11, 2015
modskiller:
Some peeps and their unlettered manner of approach sha...

Name and shame :/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 5:41pm On May 11, 2015
anthochie:

Ohh..ok...I was arguing g with the person ohhh...now I might be wrong...thanks for the response

It depends on the type of conditional offer...

A conditional offer requesting for the presentation of certificates or transcripts is a walk over (as the applicant will definitely attach the required documents to his/her application).

On the other hand, a conditional offer requesting passing of some courses as pre-requisite for being admitted into the main program is rarely considered good enough for issuance of TRV by the VOs...(In this case, the "What-if" analysis comes into play)

Whichever case applies to him, he should hope for the best in his application... God has the final say in every application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2015
Onyeoma3:

A conditional offer requesting for the presentation of certificates or transcripts is a walk over (as the applicant will definitely attach the required documents to his/her application).

On the other hand, a conditional offer requesting passing of some courses as pre-requisite for being admitted into the main program is rarely considered good enough for issuance of TRV by the VOs...(In this case, the "What-if" analysis comes into play)

Whichever case applies to him, he should hope for the best in his application... God has the final say in every application.

What about ' conditional upon submission of valid study visa??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 6:03pm On May 11, 2015
Ugochux:

What about ' conditional upon submission of valid study visa??

It's self explanatory boss.... Na small challenge... grin grin grin

Provided it does not have to deal with anything outside your power (submission of a document) or that of the VO (in this case study permit), you're good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicarsenal(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2015
kykybfo:
No
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 7:31pm On May 11, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Thank you so much for the info....I was ignorant about this info

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by freeR1: 7:58pm On May 11, 2015
Can anybody in the house please give a review on Thompson Rivers University and University of Windsor?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tlad5598: 8:07pm On May 11, 2015
Hello all, trust you are doing good. I have read most of the comments. However, I would need help as regards the documents I need to submit for my visitor visa to join my husband who is a PhD student in Canada. I would also like to know which route will be preferable...the online or paper. Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:45pm On May 11, 2015
@cocosmite

Your documents look realy good, but I don't see anything about your present employment status, if you do have a job, endeavour to include your work details (employment letter, payslips, study leave approval etc) and soa regardless how much is in it.

If not, try to do what u can to make up for the Gap.

I hope others will also contribute and make more amends where necessary.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 9:23pm On May 11, 2015
Hello House. Please those in Canny help. What can you say about the French speaking part of Canny? I want to apply to HEC Montreal. I speak very Fluent French, Studied it as my First degree and have been working in francophone countries till now though career path is HR.

Any Advice on cost of living, accomodation, Job Opportunities etc will be appreciated.

Dans l'attente de vos reponses, Merci d'avance.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 9:49pm On May 11, 2015
NO
kykybfo:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deWav: 10:21pm On May 11, 2015
luvly3:
by

Here's your link.. http://www.grad.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=3798&moncontrol=DisplayEqui&country=Nigeria#display

If you check the admissions page, it gives different countries minimum requirements, check what it says for Nigeria...... A friend of mine with an average of 66% just got admitted into M. Eng Chemical Engineering.

I sent you a mail, can you reply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2015
J'mapelle cest bien merci, trois ke? I hope i answered you question grin jk

cherie24:
Hello House. Please those in Canny help. What can you say about the French speaking part of Canny? I want to apply to HEC Montreal. I speak very Fluent French, Studied it as my First degree and have been working in francophone countries till now though career path is HR.

Any Advice on cost of living, accomodation, Job Opportunities etc will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mcjimmy(m): 12:49am On May 12, 2015
[quote author=Ifeco1 post=33596591]Hi Fam. I was delayed in March based on the following reasons : Travel history, purpose of visit, length of stay, current employment situation and personal asset and funds.

Here are the documents I'm about to submit (those asterisked were not included in my previous application).

Sponsor (mother)
Personal SOA
Reference letter
CAC docs
Tax clearance certificate
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit from sponsor
Property documents of parents
*Property evaluation report
*Father's consent letter

Mine:-
Application forms (everything)
SOP
Admission letter
Letter from the school stating I have been fully admitted.
Tuition reciept
Police clearance certificate
Bsc transcript
WAEC result
Bsc certificate
*Project mgt certificate
Birth certificate
*Employment letter
*Introduction/reference letter from the coy
*Study leave letter
*my SOA
*ID card

Other supporting documents
Family pictures
Parents birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate
Parents national ID card

House pls help me check. Am I good to go?? Do I need to add anything??

My piece for u bro . Your package of docs is awesome but if you are refused march, and u planing to reapply , now is too soon enough to show to the Vo a sign do desperation. Why don't you try and relax to figure out more loopholes before reapplying and meanwhile u could still find some useful information you might need to add on this forum....

My case as an example I was denied last year November and I was so eager to reapply after a month but when a guy that was refused before me requested for his file from the embassy, I got to understand that most of the time people got refused more than once because they never took time to understand the implication of re applying too soon after they had been refused. My friend was refused three times before this one that made us know each other. Same reason for the three refusal and I realised he has changed program for those three times.

Changing of program per application or institution per application could result to a refusal.... Your course or ur intend institution does not affect ur application negatively especially if u have choosen an accredited institution. All u need do is explain better how the program is relevant to your choosing career and how I would help you in developing ur country then back it up with necessary documents.Changing program and course per application would show you are not sure what you are going for in Canada.

quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 1:43am On May 12, 2015
cherie24:

The only French speaking part of Canada is Quebec. Cost of living is cheaper there than in Toronto, being bilingual will give you an edge in HR almost anywhere in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 3:08am On May 12, 2015
Hi Guys,
Sorry my update is coming late.. Arrived Canny safely two weeks ago wiv misszionboo & Edwinbiz.. We all parted ways at d airport, buh i've got other NLanders in my sch, infact i see Anugoson & Chukyade on a daily basis; wonderful ppl! For those getting set to come, save as much money as u can & brace up! grin.. Some owerri boys i met few days after i got here, likened coming to Canada to joining a confraternity, no one can describe the hustle well enough, until you get here and and experience it first hand! Funny thing is, no matter how tough it seems, no one has plans of going back to naija without becoming a PRgrin.
Congrats to those who got med calls lately, to those delayed pls re-package and refire! I apologise to ppl i never replied their mails in the past 2 weeks, settling down can be stressful, infact If ppl in Canny dont reply ur mails or vet ur SOPs ASAP, pls bear with them! Used to think it was deliberate on their part but now I know better!!!
Wishing you all loads of grace in ur endeavours!

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 3:56am On May 12, 2015
cherie24:

I had a friend that relocated from Quebec, and it was because he couldn't speak french.
There are lots of job opportunities and you being billingual is a plus, you might have challenges deciding which job to pick.
Montreal is Canada's second biggest city after Toronto (google confirms it) and the commercial hub of Quebec where french is the major language spoken.So, go for it and wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Lucky12g: 4:11am On May 12, 2015
Hello house i need a little help on this,

I am single , i live and work in abuja, and i earn a little above 200
I work in the IT and creative section but i feel i need to expand my experience and get more exposure outside of the country .
I applied to a school in Canada and i was given an offer , but i learnt that they are a private school so i rejected because I read online that i would not be given a work permit after school except i apply again for a year at a public school after i graduate.

I want to learn character animation in any school at Canada, though I have a very strong portfolio in animation which am hoping to get a job around that area in Canada
I want to apply again to Sheridan college for one year program ,hoping to get a job after then that will make me stay and live comfortably in canada

Here is my question house,

What do you know about the school, the location and accommodation around the school.

I am sponsoring myself for the fees .

I have about 2.5M in total, the school is around 12,000CAD
Will I get a job in my field to sustain me for my living expenses?

I would really appreciate your suggestion.

I have been reading on this thread about people getting stranded and doing bad jobs at Canada, I don't want to be part of them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 6:20am On May 12, 2015
Hello Lucky12g

Its nice that you've been doing a little bit of research, but you should keep reading this thread, u can start from part5. From the looks of things you have very little idea of the entire process, so my advice is don't be in a hurry to apply, take your time to study and understand the process, so the moment you try, you'll get it.

If your intention is to remain in canada after your sudies, I'd advice you take a 2year prog, instead of 1year.

Unfortunately I have no idea what sheridan college is like.

For the visa application process, the 2.5m is a little low, you might need a sponsor/co sponsor.
However the case may be you'll need to read the thread more for better understanding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 6:20am On May 12, 2015
dbabba:

I read that one can only start working after 6 months of study. How true is that?

Nope... Not anymore

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 7:25am On May 12, 2015
am in need of anybody that can connect me with somebody who can help me with SOA, i know its not gonna be free, the person dat promise to help have let me down, or what can i do,, cos my intake is september, and am yet to apply for visa, need urgent advice...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ahyotomiwa: 7:43am On May 12, 2015
Is it necesary to have paid part of the tuition before applying, cos most happen to do? anyone pls do ans. tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 7:47am On May 12, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
Is it necesary to have paid part of the tuition before applying, cos most happen to do? anyone pls do ans. tanks
i think it depend on the school, like, uni of winnipeg, it not neccessary, gat alot of guys there who they don't pay a dime, before their visa is granted...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sheriph: 8:26am On May 12, 2015
House member, any info about Cambridge, Ontario, Canada,, work , life and security....general info pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 8:27am On May 12, 2015
@all and @Kacchiz and anyone delayed for insufficient funds only. Pls how did u tackle it. Did u change ur sponsors or they just beefed up their acct. Was delayed on May 4, planing to reapply by May 25. I intend to replace one of my sponsors because his acct has been seriously depleted. I used my Dad n Uncle b4, wana use my Aunt (abt 19M in SoA) and the same Uncle (to beef up SoA to abt 8M) now. Considering using only my Aunt buh I feel retaining one of the sponsors will help. pls review.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.