Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,341 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? (2214 Views)

The Devil Working With Mtn To Mess-up My Wedding / Top Reason Girls Mess Up Relationship / Only Bad Girls Mess Around With Bad Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by JoshuaKay(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
At first there was this gal I was so close to back in sec sch, so much intimacy btw us that ppl think we were actually dating. But u know what? We were just close friends.
Sincerely urs, it's not as if I didn't wish we could take it beyond friendship level but two things restrained me;
1. She was very religious n holiness was all over her.
2. I didn't want to lose my friendship with her in case she'd say NO.
But surprisingly, less than a yr after finishing sec sch, she gave birth to a baby boy. I was like "could this be true? could this be d same gal I know in sch or someone else?
I was so disappointed and at d same time regretted dat I never told her my real feelings for her.
Well, life must continue. We remained just casual friends afterwards n I moved on with d promise never to mk d same mistake again in my life.
Finally, I met this gentle beautiful girl at one of d combined church programs we used to have in my diocese n I didn't waste much time to approach her even though it took me a lot of courage to do so. We talked n I really feel good during our conversation but I wasn't able to get her contact number. It took a whole yr b4 we were able to meet again. I was so excited to see her n she was surprised I could still remember n recognise her. From there things got mutual btw us n we started dating(distant relationship).
As time goes on, we knw more abt each other n even knw each other's friends n families. I blvd our love grows younger as days grow older or so to say because of some level of commitment we both showed toward d relationship.
We agreed to maintain a plutonic relationship for d mean time n we maintained this for almost 2yrs.
But things changed when she started a pre-degree program in LAUTECH last yr. Universities nationwide were still on strike but she moved to sch since October last yr all in d name of attending tutorials. As God would have it, I was also given admission to study a 4yr course in UNIBEN dat same October but decided to keep it from her in order to make it a surprise for her when strikes are over.
Unfortunately, as d yr was running to an end so was d communication btw us going to its end. Later she uploaded a picture of her with her new bf on whatsapp n she wrote notes expressing her love 4 him on her status. At this point, I was really heartbroken. I confronted her n she couldn't deny it, some of our close friends tried to settle dis issue btw us but I asked her to do three things that would enable me to be sure of my position with her even though I knew she wouldn't do it.
1. She should upload a picture of my humble self as her dp.
2. She should write on her status stating how much she loved me
3. She should see me anytime she's back from sch.
As presumed, she couldn't do any of them and that confirmed our breakup.
Since then we stopped communicating n I've deleted her number. Until sometime in June when I received this call from a strange number n guess who? It was my ex. Why did she call? She called to warn/advice me on d type of gals I'd be going out with in sch. I was just like 'who r u advice me on something like that and how on earth did u even know that I am in sch since I didn't tell her I got an admission'?
Just early last last month one of my friends from home called to tell me dat my ex had been pregnant. I didn't want to blv at first but not later than 2wks after d news, I saw pictures of her and her newborn baby on facebook.
I called one of her friends to ascertain this n everything I've been told n seen were true. I was so nonplussed.
These experiences have now left me with only one conclusion that:
There's no SAINT GIRL anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by iceberylin(m): 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Watch it... angry

I got a Sister angry
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
Some galz aint loyal.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by MizMyColi(f): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
I read the closing speech.
That's rather myopic, imo

You need to glean things from a higher perspective.

Start with this;

You respect people (boys, girls, men and women) not because they deserve it or NOT, but because....it's who you are @ your core.

It's your tradition.

If you assimilate this mindset, trust me.....the universe has a way of attracting you to people of like mindsets.

You made this post because a part of you still wants to believe in the "impossible"

Well, impossible's nothing wink

3 Likes

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
op, she was never dating you, you were friendzoned from the start

2 Likes

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
lolz, its painful, yeah. But that's life for you bro. There are good girls out there, don't be deceived by a certain character a girl shows, You didn't ask the 1st girl out, so i think she may not know about your feelings, so don't blame her.
You had a distant relationship with the second girl, did you know what she's like at home, or her neighbour hood? You got deceived by her gentle nature, even if she was good, it maybe because she was still with her parents. You won't know the true nature of yourself till you go out to the public where you see tempting things.
Because you dated two holy but not holy baby okus shouldn't make you think There are no Saint girls.
There are men like that too.
Its the world we live in.

but shun o, some girls sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by stinggy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2014

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by lilmax(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
I read everything but I don't understand
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by Clinton594(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
Heyaaaa brother, welcome to the university
It's a parallel lifestyle around here and We've gotten used to it
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by holatin(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
They don't want to be treat bad and they still don't appreciate goodness
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by JoshuaKay(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
iceberylin:
Watch it... angry

I got a Sister angry

I hope she's beautiful...smiley cheesy
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by damselabi(f): 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
JoshuaKay:
At first there was this gal I was so close to back in sec sch, so much intimacy btw us that ppl think we were actually dating. But u know what? We were just close friends.
Sincerely urs, it's not as if I didn't wish we could take it beyond friendship level but two things restrained me;
But surprisingly, less than a yr after finishing sec sch, she gave birth to a baby boy. I was like "could this be true? could this be d same gal I know in sch or someone else?
I was so disappointed and at d same time regretted dat I never told her my real feelings for her.
Well, life must continue. We remained just casual friends afterwards n I moved on with d promise never to mk d same mistake again in my life.
Finally, I met this gentle beautiful girl at one of d combined church programs we used to have in my diocese n I didn't waste much time to approach her even though it took me a lot of courage to do so. We talked n I really feel good during our conversation but I wasn't able to get her contact number. It took a whole yr b4 we were able to meet again. I was so excited to see her n she was surprised I could still remember n recognise her. From there things got mutual btw us n we started dating(distant relationship).
As time goes on, we knw more abt each other n even knw each other's friends n families. I blvd our love grows younger as days grow older or so to say because of some level of commitment we both showed toward d relationship.
We agreed to maintain a plutonic relationship for d mean time n we maintained this for almost 2yrs.
But things changed when she started a pre-degree program in LAUTECH last yr. Universities nationwide were still on strike but she moved to sch since October last yr all in d name of attending tutorials. As God would have it, I was also given admission to study a 4yr course in UNIBEN dat same October but decided to keep it from her in order to make it a surprise for her when strikes are over.
Unfortunately, as d yr was running to an end so was d communication btw us going to its end. Later she uploaded a picture of her with her new bf on whatsapp n she wrote notes expressing her love 4 him on her status. At this point, I was really heartbroken. I confronted her n she couldn't deny it, some of our close friends tried to settle dis issue btw us but I asked her to do three things that would enable me to be sure of my position with her even though I knew she wouldn't do it.
Since then we stopped communicating n I've deleted her number. Until sometime in June when I received this call from a strange number n guess who? It was my ex. Why did she call? She called to warn/advice me on d type of gals I'd be going out with in sch. I was just like 'who r u advice me on something like that and how on earth did u even know that I am in sch since I didn't tell her I got an admission'?
Just early last last month one of my friends from home called to tell me dat my ex had been pregnant. I didn't want to blv at first but not later than 2wks after d news, I saw pictures of her and her newborn baby on facebook.
I called one of her friends to ascertain this n everything I've been told n seen were true. I was so nonplussed.
Swithrt quit looking 4 a saint, dats d problem u r having cos no1 on earth is.D girl u see all covered up clutching tightly to her bible u don't knw wot she does behind close doors bt once u c a girl who dresses or makes up or doesn't look dat spiritual u feel she's a sinner.We r all striving 2wards perfection no1 is, dia r still decent girls who take dia relationships seriously bt dey r nt saints eida.Attending evry chch service doesn't make u HOLY.

1 Like

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by JoshuaKay(m): 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Start with this;

You respect people (boys, girls, men and women) not because they deserve it or NOT, but because....it's who you are @ your core.

It's your tradition.

If you assimilate this mindset, trust me.....the universe has a way of attracting you to people of like mindsets.

You made this post because a part of you still wants to believe in the "impossible"

I really do hope there's a girl one can always count on out there.
But of late, I don't even have d urge to love any girl anymore. Even though I do admire a lot of 'em everyday but yet something keeps telling me 'they r all casual beings so always be casual with them'.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by JoshuaKay(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
damselabi:
Swithrt quit looking 4 a saint, dats d problem u r having cos no1 on earth is.D girl u see all covered up clutching tightly to her bible u don't knw wot she does behind close doors bt once u c a girl who dresses or makes up or doesn't look dat spiritual u feel she's a sinner.We r all striving 2wards perfection no1 is, dia r still decent girls who take dia relationships seriously bt dey r nt saints eida.Attending evry chch service doesn't make u HOLY.

Ain't really looking for a saint, just wished there could be someone that'll be really honest with u.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by holusormi(m): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
Lolz,, Lmao ... Another one bites the dust !!! Heheheheh , sorry for your loss ooo
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by passionate88: 11:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
Girls of nowadays
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Why are all your ex girlfriends always getting pregnant like goat? cheesy
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by 1one: 12:17am On Dec 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

Start with this;

It's your tradition.

If you assimilate this mindset, trust me.....the universe has a way of attracting you to people of like mindsets

Have you read The Secret by Rhonda Bryne?

That submission of yours seems like a reflection from the major theme of the book.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by missdebs(f): 12:22am On Dec 09, 2014
i can equally say there is no SAINT guy

1 Like

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by damselabi(f): 3:52am On Dec 09, 2014
JoshuaKay:

Ain't really looking for a saint, just wished there could be someone that'll be really honest with u.
Those 2 girls have one thing in common dey wia church girls, so u felt naturally dey r decent.Its nt always lyk dat n of course dia r honest girls.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by MizMyColi(f): 5:12am On Dec 09, 2014
1one:

That submission of yours seems like a reflection from the major theme of the book.

Nope kiss
Maybe my teachers have.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by joseph1832(m): 5:33am On Dec 09, 2014
1one:

Couldn't agree more. "The law of Attraction". Any way I feel respect is something you earn, you just don't expect me to respect you for no reason at all.

Same applies to girls. I once had a similar experience with what the OP had. When it comes to girls respect is what I don't give them until the show or prove they deserve it, same goes with trust.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by JoshuaKay(m): 7:02am On Dec 09, 2014
pDude:

E tire me o. It seems they ain't d badt sharp type afterall, 'cos d sharp ones know how to meander their way through situations like that.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by iceberylin(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2014
JoshuaKay:

I hope she's beautiful...smiley cheesy
Why you come dh hope undecided
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by Tymax(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2014
A wise man once said

GIRLS ARE BAD.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by 100Cents: 8:47am On Dec 09, 2014
JoshuaKay:

Girls don't like men who treat them like queens or princesses..

She wants you to take her to bed as a sign that you love her. Now how will you know if she will categorize you as a he goat as she categorized other toasters who she told you just wanted only sex from her ?

Some ladies are magic. My own story painful.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by 100Cents: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2014
pDude:

Haha

Karma !

2 Likes

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by joseph1832(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

Nope kiss
Maybe my teachers have.
Pardon me I am curious to know who your teachers are?. Please, do kindly tell.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by cheerished: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2014
she didn't mess up. you accorded respect to the wrong gurl. Note- not every lady messes up...lik u said its a gurl. she hasn't blossom to a lady. cheers!
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by MizMyColi(f): 10:24am On Dec 09, 2014
They're everyday people.
I learned most of what I wrote there while I was in a church group.

joseph1832:
Pardon me I am curious to know who your teachers are?. Please, do kindly tell.
Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by 1one: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

Nope kiss
Maybe my teachers have.

Your teachers are very sound indeed kiss

1 Like

Re: Why do Girls mess up each time we try 2 accord them sm certain level of respect? by 1one: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
joseph1832:
Couldn't agree more. "The law of Attraction". Any way I feel respect is something you earn, you just don't expect me to respect you for no reason at all.

Same applies to girls. I once had a similar experience with what the OP had. When it comes to girls respect is what I don't give them until the show or prove they deserve it, same goes with trust.

The female folk are just one very weird breed of God's creation.... You show them love, they make you look like a wimp and take you for granted , be callous and insensitive, they call you the devil.. It's quite a pickle really.

As much I'm looking forward to my next relationship... I'm also "scared" because one doesn't even know what to do right or do wrong..

God help us Men cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Showing Her Real Character, What Do I Do? / Question For The Guys (pics) / Yes, Girls Do Love Bad Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.