Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? (2823 Views)

Guys: A Good Cook Or A Beautiful Wife? / 15 Ways to Tell He's 'Husband Material' (Must Read) / Gf Material Vs Wife Material~ Guys Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2014
"My wife must be a good cook"

"The way to a man's heart is through the stomach"

Where is it written that a woman should be the cook and the man the judge on which food is good and not? Wait i'm not siding the womenfolk am just trying to put up a line of reasoning.

Lets imagine this scenario, the woman closes work by 5pm, so does the man, the woman goes to the market which is out of her route home and buys foodstuff, getting out by 6pm, bustling through the traffic jam, she finally gets home by 7pm spending a long hour in the traffic jam, she spends another hour rushing to finish cooking early so that the guy, already watching DSTV eats on time, she finishes by 8pm, the husband blames her for cooking late and touches the food a lil before giving her the remainder.

Is there a written rule that women should be automatically cooks? I see girls laughing at their mates that can't cook as they do, why is cooking a criterion for girls who are about to marry? Why is it not also a criteria for the guys too? A lady should cook for her husband when she's not stressed up, and a guy should do the same when he's not stressed up too, when both are stressed up then they should eat out, or order in, nothing wrong with that, or better still, a cook should be employed, its the job of a cook to cook, not the job of a wife. The wife is a help meet, not a slave.

She helps supplement the family income, she helps wash your cloth, clean your room, go to the market, cooks the food and serve you, abeg... Does that role sound familiar, yeah it does... That of a slave and maid.

Am not even going to talk about those men that don't have a job that expect their wives to do all these for them, they stay home in the morning, sleep in the afternoon, or chase after their extra marital affairs (with the wife's money) in the afternoon, go and drink with his friends in the evening and expect to be served dinner in grand style at night.

I no get their time

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS VIEW, BUT ITS TRUE cheesy grin cheesy grin
Nimensod
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by iceberylin(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2014
She must know how to cook Egusi soup angry
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Elcemento(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2014
YES Ooooo.She must sabi cook cos i'm a very good cook myself.That is the major ID card i recognize from a woman.I get edgy when i'm hungry,only food calms me down,and i appreciate any woman who has that ability.

NB: she must possess other "skills" sha o grin grin grin

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM, NO MAXIMUM.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by AuntySpermButt(f): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2014
what's good in a material that's not good in cooking? Absolutely nothing.. undecided
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2014
Cooking is important as the 'helper.'
But I don't know if it's a criteria.
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by lilmax(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2014
I don't know who you are trying to impress
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 09, 2014
Do u v a wife already cheesy

Nimen:
"My wife must be a good cook"

"The way to a man's heart is through the stomach"

Where is it written that a woman should be the cook and the man the judge on which food is good and not? Wait i'm not siding the womenfolk am just trying to put up a line of reasoning.

Lets imagine this scenario, the woman closes work by 5pm, so does the man, the woman goes to the market which is out of her route home and buys foodstuff, getting out by 6pm, bustling through the traffic jam, she finally gets home by 7pm spending a long hour in the traffic jam, she spends another hour rushing to finish cooking early so that the guy, already watching DSTV eats on time, she finishes by 8pm, the husband blames her for cooking late and touches the food a lil before giving her the remainder.

Is there a written rule that women should be automatically cooks? I see girls laughing at their mates that can't cook as they do, why is cooking a criterion for girls who are about to marry? Why is it not also a criteria for the guys too? A lady should cook for her husband when she's not stressed up, and a guy should do the same when he's not stressed up too, when both are stressed up then they should eat out, or order in, nothing wrong with that, or better still, a cook should be employed, its the job of a cook to cook, not the job of a wife. The wife is a help meet, not a slave.

She helps supplement the family income, she helps wash your cloth, clean your room, go to the market, cooks the food and serve you, abeg... Does that role sound familiar, yeah it does... That of a slave and maid.

Am not even going to talk about those men that don't have a job that expect their wives to do all these for them, they stay home in the morning, sleep in the afternoon, or chase after their extra marital affairs (with the wife's money) in the afternoon, go and drink with his friends in the evening and expect to be served dinner in grand style at night.

I no get their time

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS VIEW, BUT ITS TRUE cheesy grin cheesy grin
Nimensod
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by naijaboiy: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2014
Is there any married woman here on NL that can claim she doesn't cook for her husband? Despite all these?

All na wash jare undecided
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by marieolae(f): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2014
op is cooking meant for slaves only?
Some women actually enjoy cooking; satisfaction from your husband eating your food.
I don't really get your point..
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Tallesty1(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2014
It is high time our guys stopped drinking this Orijin beer. It is not good for their brain at all.

@OP. A wife is the manager of the home, under the oversight of her husband. The primary role of a wife revolves around the daily care of children, meal preparation and keeping the house clean and in order. The example you gave above is nonsense, if both of them close at same time then they should go and look for a wife. I am not saying that a wife should not take a job, she is free to take on additional roles and responsibilities by getting a job. But such a job is optional, whereas for the husband, it is mandatory. Her optional choice to take on a job does not suddenly obligate the husband to take on part of the wife's role of child care or keeping house. Thou all these things does not matter where there is love and understanding, a man may chose to help but it is not mandatory. Any lady who does not know how to cook is not yet ready for marriage.
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by marieolae(f): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2014
Tallesty1:
It is high time our guys stopped drinking this Orijin beer. It is not good for their brain at all.

@OP. A wife is the manager of the home, under the oversight of her husband. The primary role of a wife revolves around the daily care of children, meal preparation and keeping the house clean and in order. The example you gave above is nonsense, if both of them close at same time then they should go and look for a wife. I am not saying that a wife should not take a job, she is free to take on additional roles and responsibilities by getting a job. But such a job is optional, whereas for the husband, it is mandatory. Her optional choice to take on a job does not suddenly obligate the husband to take on part of the wife's role of child care or keeping house. Thou all these things does not matter where there is love and understanding, a man may chose to help but it is not mandatory.
thank you for this
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2014
AmberQueen:
Do u v a wife already cheesy

smiley smiley
there are positions available sha
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2014
iceberylin:

and if she employs a cook to do the cooking?
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2014
Elcemento:
YES Ooooo.She must sabi cook cos i'm a very good cook myself.That is the major ID card i recognize from a woman.I get edgy when i'm hungry,only food calms me down,and i appreciate any woman who has that ability.

NB: she must possess other "skills" sha o grin grin grin

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM, NO MAXIMUM.

# and if she employs a cook? Because she don't have the time?
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2014
AuntySpermButt:
what's good in a material that's not good in cooking? Absolutely nothing.. undecided
and if she can cook and is a log of wood on the bed?
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Tallesty1(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2014
marieolae:
thank you for this
wlkm
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2014
My wife must know how to cook! angry That's the primary reason I wanna come home to marry a Nigerian. angry

Secondary reasons include; flexibility on bed, etc cheesy
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2014
MzNelly:
Cooking is important as the 'helper.'
But I don't know if it's a criteria.

good at last someone who understands
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2014
What kinda position mbok?

Nimen:

smiley smiley
there are positions available sha
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by marieolae(f): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2014
Nimen:

and if she employs a cook to do the cooking?
the cook will eventually take over the house.
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2014
lilmax:
I don't know who you are trying to impress
your sis no reach to be impressed?
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Tymax(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2014
I pity any married man who has to eat rubbish food all the days of his life. The thing about bad food is that the tongue will never get used to it. Never. What a sad life.

Some may employ maids and that's fine if she cooks the kids and guests exclusively. But a man must taste the delicious cooking of his wife most of the time. It's his fundamental right. angry
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by FLAWLES(f): 10:55am On Dec 09, 2014
Wevgds
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:55am On Dec 09, 2014
marieolae:
Some women actually enjoy cooking; satisfaction from your husband eating your food.

read again then, better still from my example
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by AuntySpermButt(f): 10:56am On Dec 09, 2014
Nimen:

and if she can cook and is a log of wood on the bed?

then she's an absolutely nonentity...
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2014
marieolae:

re-read the post again, i'll recommend you start with the instances
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Islie: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2014
she must know how to cook........ yes

is it a must for her to cook everyday....... no
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Nimen(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2014
Tallesty1:

@OP. A wife is the manager of the home, under the oversight of her husband. The primary role of a wife revolves around the daily care of children, meal preparation and keeping the house clean and in order. The example you gave above is nonsense, if both of them close at same time then they should go and look for a wife. I am not saying that a wife should not take a job, she is free to take on additional roles and responsibilities by getting a job. But such a job is optional, whereas for the husband, it is mandatory. Her optional choice to take on a job does not suddenly obligate the husband to take on part of the wife's role of child care or keeping house. Thou all these things does not matter where there is love and understanding, a man may chose to help but it is not mandatory. Any lady who does not know how to cook is not yet ready for marriage.

sippin my orijin

so u believe responsibilities could be shared? Fine... Thats my point
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by chimerase2: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2014
iceberylin:
liar she must knw how to cook efo riro and ewa goyi angry
Re: Wife Material: Must She Be A Good Cook? by Elcemento(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2014
Most people fail to realise that's where a woman's real power lies.Don't Lt anyone deceive you,the strongest women in the world don't joke with their kitchen ooo.Back to your question, if she delegates her cooking to someone else,I can assure you,she's playing with her home.Don't underestimate the power of food in marriage. Apart from sex,it is the major element of bonding in marriage.she just has to find the time to cook.Das all.
Nimen:

# and if she employs a cook? Because she don't have the time?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are My The Only Man Who Doesn't Enjoy B.J / Guys Your Response When She Reply You With This? (picture) / Why Is My Landlady Always Looking At Me .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.