Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? - Islam for Muslims (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? (92139 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
Empiree:
lol. .u and abdelkabir worried much about this. Well, that was copied as see written. Maybe I should have indicated that.

I do get their message they tried to pass but its transmission might not be appropriate. I dont have problems with it overall.
angry angry angry angry wink tongue
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
No matter how beautiful a shoes is, it is valueless without its pair , a man is not complete without his better half.
Best days ahead
To all the intending couples

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
snapscore:

No I don't think that........I was just stating that women should try to follow the mother of the believers (may Allah be pleased with them) Just as the men should try to follow the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him). I wasn't aware of his views either. I mean the reason I commented was because I wanted to state that having the opinion that it is not an obligation to cook or clean isn't gynocentric and that it is a valid opinion in Islam. My posts have not been about anyone in particular just the ideas.

ok...

I follow this opinion because of the reason I follow the opinion that niqab (even with all it's goodness) is not obligatory.

because its easier?

I will assume this is about a housewife.

not only housewife(full) but a woman thatthat works maybe 8 to 4 or 9 to 5, also a woman that had a business set up for her by her husband.....perhaps you might need to define what you mean by "full time working"...

okay

hope this "okay" means "okay"?? ya'ni you didn't "yinmu" when typing the "okay"...

Mama doesn't have to agree with everything really. I think the wife can try to cook for mama to make her feel loved and respected but if she cooked six days of the week and couldn't cook on one, it is okay.

motigbo oo..

I think and I may be wrong, that you are getting an idea because I am pro cooking is not an obligation, you assume I mean a women shouldn't do it all, which isn't what I mean. I don't see anything wrong with eating out a few times during the week. I mean after cooking maybe like 4-5 times, I could call and be like hey I am really exhausted today, I don't think I will not be able to make dinner before you get back, do you mind getting something from a restaurant. And he will either be like yeah sure, I don't mind or I will come make and you something. *probably will get that response in my dream* so just eat out or buy something to eat.

i comment my reserve.....

I am not sure why you are getting the idea that I have the mentality that it is just a favour. My whole point ( well the point I have been trying to make) is that men should be more understanding. I think they will be more understanding if they see cooking and cleaning as voluntary.

well i said it at first and yoy didnt say anything on it, so i assumed silence means affirmation, but since is not the ideology you are passing across, mafi mushkilah....
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

because its easier?

No. I looked at the arguments on both side and still didn't think that niqab is obligatory. Especially because causing saying it's an obligation would mean women who do not wear it are sinning. Yes I like the opinion that cooking is not an obligation but I am not following it because of that. If I find somehow end up believing that it is....then I will accept the opinion I see to be more correct. I won't want to put myself in a situation where I fail my obligations or take on responsibilities I can't fulfill.

not only housewife(full) but a woman thatthat works maybe 8 to 4 or 9 to 5, also a woman that had a business set up for her by her husband.....perhaps you might need to define what you mean by "full time working"..

Before I comment on this. What's your definition of once in a while? Working full time means working for companies, hospitals and organization that aren't hers. Maybe 8- 12 hrs. the reason I am not including women who start up their own businesses is that they have flexible working periods and can take breaks when they need. They can also take days off when they want and have people help them with their work.

hope this "okay" means "okay"?? ya'ni you didn't "yinmu" when typing the "okay"...

Didn't have any comments so I said okay.

well i said it at first and yoy didnt say anything on it, so i assumed silence means affirmation, but since is not the ideology you are passing across, mafi mushkilah....

Now that I think about it I don't see anything wrong with a woman not cooking when she can't. However, I don't see it as a favour either. It is something that is voluntary and good, but not obligatory. If it's easy for her and it would bring compassion in the family then she can. If it's too difficult then she and her husband have to discuss it.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
note: This was Stolen

......... HABIBI AND HABIBATI ............

The household of the prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam was not a house of indomie and spaghetti or friedrice, it was a house of ibadah!

When your husband is about to drink water ......

Wife: ya habeebi, have u said bismillah?

When you are about to go and bath in the bathroom with your husband, grab him back and say

Wife: ya habeebi, have u supplicated?

When your husband refuses to wake for tahajjud

Wife: wake up, prayer is better than sleep, fight your desires my love, be stronger than the excuses shaitan whispers to you

If he doesn't still get up, sprinkle water on him If he doesn't still get up, start reciting your own Quran and recite it aloud so that he wil feel shy to continue sleeping while u recite the Quran! He will be forced to stand up

When ur husband is about to eat

Wife: ya habeebi, have u supplicated?

After the meal

Wife: ya habeebi, have u thanked Allah?

When ur husband returns from work in the evening

Wife: sweetheart, did u give out something in charity today? Even if its a date?

Every weekends

Wife: my husband, since u are not going to work
today, won't you perform ziyarotul quboor(visiting the grave)? Won't u visit d muslim graveyard to ponder over death?

At times after several months

Wife: baby, shouldn't we visit our parents and relatives? Remember d prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam said we should NOT severe the ties of kinship

Every monday and thursday

Husband: ya habibati, won't you take a fast today?

On eid day

Husband: darling, remember eid is wajib, even if u are menstruating, won't u dress up and follow me?

When wife returns from workplace

Husband: did u take a moment to recite atleast a page of the mushaf(i.e Quran) while u were at work?

Every evening

Husband: my wifey, u know I spend all day at work, did you teach my kids something from the Quran before they went to bed?

Every day

Husband: honey, did you teach my kids the stories of the salaf today?

Before your wife steps out of the house

Husband: fear Allah woman, won't you wear your Hijaab before stepping out of the house Barakallahu feekum

Husband suddenly sags his trousers

Wife: fear Allah my dear, do not go close to the hellfire, raise your trousers pls

Husband feels like shaving his beards

Wife: what? I wil not look at ur face again if u do it, pls my husband, seek refuge in Allah from the whispers of shaitan

Brothers and sisters in islam We all pray that "oh Allah, grant me a spouse that will HELP me to jannah"

But after marriage, we hardly "assist" eachother to
jannah! Some husbands are scholars but they don't
do dawah at home, whereas the outsiders benefit
from his dawah!

Some wives are AFRAID to correct their husbands because some abus bully their wives!

Its better to correct ur husband even if he will become UPSET than for u to keep quiet while he HAPPILY commits sins! You wil regret ur SILENCE on the last day

Let's all fear the day when fear itself will also be
afraid Many husbands will enter hell while the wife wil enter jannah and many wives wil enter hell while the husband enjoys the hur al ayn in jannah If u wanna be wit ur spouse in jannah YOU HAVE WORK TO DO.

Keep enjoining maruf and keep forbiding munkar

MAY ALLAH ASSIST US

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Alennsar(f): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
Jazakallahu khaeran,
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Ssthorm(f): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
It is reported that a man once came to Umar, the second Caliph, with the intention of bringing to his notice certain complaints he had against his wife. When he reached the door of Umars house, he heard the Caliphs wife railing against him....
Hearing this, he went back as he thought that the Caliph himself was in the same predicament and could, therefore, be hardly expected to set matters right for him.Umar, coming out of his house, saw the person going back. So he called him out and inquired as to the purpose which had brought him to his house. He said that he had come to him with some complaints against his wife, but turned back on finding that the Caliph himself was subject to the same treatment from his wife...
`Umar said to him that he patiently bore the excesses of his wife because she had certain rights over him; is it not true that she cooks my food, washes my clothes and suckles my children, thus reliving me of the necessity of employing a cook, a washerman and a nurse although she is not in the slightest degree responsible for this?
Not only that, I enjoy peace of mind on account of her and I am protected from committing the sin of adultery. In view of these advantages, I put up with her excesses. You should also do the same.

I wud like to believe this was narrated in all honesty,if the caliph said dese words den y r some scholars saying its obligatory,il need some enlightmnt on dis. Cuz eva since iv bn hearn live lectures,household chores hv nt bn made amongst obligations,an obligation means not doing it is HARAM. n d issue of a wife obeying her husband wen he asks ha to do things is in relation to d religion n not "wash my clothes" or "cook my food". Howeva it is naturaly expected for a wife or mom to cook,bt its not compulsory
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Ssthorm(f): 12:02am On Mar 29, 2017
busar:
Now, a maid is someone who is *paid* just to clean a home. A cook is someone who is *paid* just to cook and serve food. A prostitute is someone who is *paid* just to...You get the gist.
Comparing wifely duties in an inappropriate way is... inappropriate.
Sister said, I'm not obligated to cook and clean for my husband, I'm not his maid or his cook, but he is obligated to work and provide for me. Where they do that at? She even said if he wants all that he should hire a maid and a cook.
Wallāhi I hate the Internet.
Copied!
Brothers, please find out who you're marrying beforehand. They're doing too much with this gynocentrism.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 12:07am On Mar 29, 2017
^^^^

You summed it up by your last statement. It is just expected of her. That's all. Also cultural barriers may make some men to think it is a MUST.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 29, 2017
Ssthorm:

It is reported that a man once came to Umar, the second Caliph, with the intention of bringing to his notice certain complaints he had against his wife. When he reached the door of Umars house, he heard the Caliphs wife railing against him....
Hearing this, he went back as he thought that the Caliph himself was in the same predicament and could, therefore, be hardly expected to set matters right for him.Umar, coming out of his house, saw the person going back. So he called him out and inquired as to the purpose which had brought him to his house. He said that he had come to him with some complaints against his wife, but turned back on finding that the Caliph himself was subject to the same treatment from his wife...
`Umar said to him that he patiently bore the excesses of his wife because she had certain rights over him; is it not true that she cooks my food, washes my clothes and suckles my children, thus reliving me of the necessity of employing a cook, a washerman and a nurse although she is not in the slightest degree responsible for this?
Not only that, I enjoy peace of mind on account of her and I am protected from committing the sin of adultery. In view of these advantages, I put up with her excesses. You should also do the same.

The books this hadeeth was mentioned like kitaab kabaa'ir of Adh-Dhahabi was mentioned without any chain, even when a shaafi'i scholar wanted to mention it, he said it should ne noted that all it said was "it was reported....." no chain, nothing! so in essense we are not sure if its authentic or not......people cared less about it since it wasnt attributed to the prophet...

I wud like to believe this was narrated in all honesty,if the caliph said dese words den y r some scholars saying its obligatory,il need some enlightmnt on dis

the ones that said its compulsory said so, cuz stories like the one you brought has not been established to be authentic, since there is no chain....

Cuz eva since iv bn hearn live lectures,household chores hv nt bn made amongst obligations,an obligation means not doing it is HARAM. [s]n d issue of a wife obeying her husband wen he asks ha to do things is in relation to d religion n not "wash my clothes" or "cook my food".[/s] Howeva it is naturaly expected for a wife or mom to cook,bt its not compulsory

This is true, one of the reasons why i believe its not compulsory is, you can't say its haraam for falling short at times.......The bold part is true to some % since there is a possibility of it being compulsory as some scholars stated, and the narration you brought is not established. barakallaahu feeki.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 5:40am On Mar 29, 2017
AbdelKabir:

The books this hadeeth was mentioned like kitaab kabaa'ir of Adh-Dhahabi was mentioned without any chain, even when a shaafi'i scholar wanted to mention it, he said it should ne noted that all it said was "it was reported....." no chain, nothing! so in essense we are not sure if its authentic or not......people cared less about it since it wasnt attributed to the prophet...

the ones that said its compulsory said so, cuz stories like the one you brought has not been established to be authentic, since there is no chain....

This is true, one of the reasons why i believe its not compulsory is, you can't say its haraam for falling short at times.......The bold part is true to some % since there is a possibility of it being compulsory as some scholars stated, and the narration you brought is not established. barakallaahu feeki.
I was about to say this but you've pointed it out already.... JazaakallAhu khayran
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 29, 2017
busar:
I was about to say this but you've pointed it out already.... JazaakallAhu khayran

wa iyyak insha Allaah...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Still on it

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
Emp.iree:
Still on it

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=Empire.e post=55069648][/quote]

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
More

1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2017

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2017

1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Ssthorm(f): 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
AbdelKabir:

If u cud quote a hadith dat pointed dt out, wud b betr. In anyways since uve agreed its not obligatory as its not a sin,...i comment my reserve. N @bolded, are u saying dat cuz d stories dt are available hav no chain,so its definite dat d opposite is true?? . Is dt wat u mean? shocked
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
^^
I don't think that's what he meant.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Ssthorm(f): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
snapscore:
^^
I don't think that's what he meant.

Ya i wud lov to undrstnd
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by tintingz(m): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
busar:
No matter how beautiful a shoes is, it is valueless without its pair , a man is not complete without his better half.
Best days ahead
To all the intending couples
I disagree with this.

A man-woman is complete with or without any better half or whatever you called it.

^^^If this means by marrying/marriage, I will confidently say "marriage is not meant for everybody".
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by tintingz(m): 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Who gave the gender law that it is highly the responsibility(obligatory) for women to cook, do laundry, serve, do chores? undecided

Daddy G.O media saga comes to mind. grin
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 11:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Some brothers be like (when they want to propose to a sister);
Brother: Salam alaykum
Sister: Wa alaykum salam
Brother: how daddy and mummy
Sister: fine, alhamduliLlah
Brother: how mummy and daddy
Sister: fine alhamduliLlah
Brother: how (your) brothers and sisters
Brother: how sisters and brothers
Sister: fine, alhamduliLlah.
Brother: hehe (stammering), how is everything.
If sister shout at them, they will say she's too harsh. You are a man be #bold.
If you can not, visit her waliy
Copied...... grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2017
busar:

grin, I can't relate sha...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Empiree: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
busar:
Looool...psych thing
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Rilwayne001: 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
busar:
Replace brother with Demmzy15 please grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
Rilwayne001:

angry angry undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Demmzy15 has been busted cheesy grin grin

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2017
busar:

Make una leave my chief oo......he will soon surprise una undecided
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2017
busar:
You people should leaf me o! angry angry embarassed undecided cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.