Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? - Islam for Muslims (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? (92088 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Make una leave my chief oo......he will soon surprise una undecided
Tell them! angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Demmzy15:
Tell them! angry angry

Lol..

BTW...

Just retrieved my sim, do you have an idea how to retrieve your contacts on a newly retrieved sim?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Lol..

BTW...

Just retrieved my sim, do you have an idea how to retrieve your contacts on a newly retrieved sim?
I don't think that's possible o, you can just update your status on WhatsApp informing people of what happened.

You can try calling costumer care, maybe you can retrieve those you stored on the sim
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 8:28am On Apr 04, 2017
grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 8:30am On Apr 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Lol..

BTW...

you can try retrieving it back from your Google account...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 04, 2017
Lol...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 04, 2017
busar:
you can try retrieving it back from your Google account...

Even tho i didnt back them up? How do I go about that? The only thing I was able to do was retrieve the numbers that chat me up on whatsapp recently.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2017
Google has a way of backing up your contacts through synchronization provided you use an android phone. Go to your contact, click more. There you would see 'Filter contact', click on your Google account and your saved contacts would appear
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 04, 2017
Went to my "contacts"(on phone) but did not see anything like " more"......I'm running on android 6......
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 9:09am On Apr 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Went to my "contacts"(on phone) but did not see anything like " more"......I'm running on android 6......
I'm also running on the same bro......
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2017
busar:
I'm also running on the same bro......

Then there is a p o......can u give screen shots pls..
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 10:26am On Apr 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Then there is a p o......can u give screen shots pls..

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 04, 2017
busar:

Thanks! BT it seems my display is different from yours...

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 10:43am On Apr 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Thanks! BT it seems my display is different from yours...
click on the right top corner
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2017
busar:
click on the right top corner

Done that already and when I did no "more" there, checked settings, nothing reasonable, checked import/export nothing reasonable either...

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Done that already and when I did no "more" there, checked settings, nothing reasonable, checked import/export nothing reasonable either...
click on contact to display
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 04, 2017
busar:
click on contact to display

Done that already....... And the answer is not there...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Done that already....... And the answer is not there...
account? If not there, I give up!
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2017
busar:
account? If not there, I give up!

Its not there either....

Lol.....never give up grin fight with your last drop of blood tongue
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
Salam alaykum,

I was going to ask this in a different section but I thought I'd post my question here.

What are your views on piercing? Ear piercing, nose piercing, and body piercing?

Would you marry someone who pierces their nose, ears or body?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
Wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh..
Nose piercing, love it
Ear piercing, love it
Body piercing,
Ankle chain, love it

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
busar:
Wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh..
Nose piercing, love it
Ear piercing, love it
Body piercing,
Ankle chain, love it

Charlie boy comes to mind grin five piercings beneath the lips lasan...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum,

I was going to ask this in a different section but I thought I'd post my question here.

What are your views on piercing? Ear piercing, nose piercing, and body piercing?

Would you marry someone who pierces their nose, ears or body?

Wa alaykum salaam.....to me there is nothing wrong with piercings, just arrange then in an attractive manner so it wouldn't look ugly...

But enm, I hate the one that goes through the nostrils like a ring *I don't know if you know this one*

*modified*

The picture below might explain better....

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 05, 2017
I would love to mention some people but I dont want it to seem like I am calling them out. So I will bassically say, I am open to more answers.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
Me I like piercings o, but despise the tongue! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 08, 2017
Today is another Saturday, who is doing nikkah today among our apon sisters and brothers?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nikkah is expensive these days + it's difficult to keep the nikkah free of prohibited things.

*Modified.

Before anyone comes to misquote me. I am not saying nikkah shouldn't be carried out. I am making a statement and opening the floor for discussion *if possible*.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
How important is traditional marriage in Nigeria?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
snapscore:
Nikkah is expensive these days

So because I wanted party rice, "nikkah is expensive these days" ba? #joking...

It shouldn't be expensive if we are to remove the whole cultural thing and just stick to the sunnah....

The expense is part of the reasons brothers are running from it, imagine being asked for "yam 20 pieces, lace 100yards, 1 cow...." The brother will surely run if he is not up to the task...

Another thing is some of the sisters' "I want a memorable wedding, a wedding people will envy..." Is part of the problem

Although some brothers are lucky to get a sunnah understanding family or family that can be influenced by a sunnah understanding sister, such that, they just carry out the contract, then do the waleemah according to his ability, if it is just rice and panla fish with zobo, it will be accepted with love...

So the sisters also have a role to play with regards the expense....

it's difficult to keep the nikkah free of prohibited things.

Now this is the main problem, it is difficult to tell people that non mahrams shouldn't mix and they don't dilate their eyes, or maybe your parents don't understand the issue of pictures and you are like "we won't snap pictures", or you say I don't want to kneel down (for female) or prostrate (for males) for/to in-laws.... This is part of the cultural thingy......or you say you don't want music...

That is why its important to be telling them stylishly now before you finally want to get married....presently I'm still ringing it on their ears, that I don't want such and such when I want to get married....
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
snapscore:
How important is traditional marriage in Nigeria?

People take it serious, infact more serious than the contract itself......just yesterday I was speaking with my cousin about the issue of traditional wedding, and I said I am not going to do it the way you people do, like, I won't dance or prostrate to in-laws or allow music to be played not even the so called Islamic music, I won't take pictures.....and she was like "what's that? Its going to be boring as hell" and went further that I'm becoming extreme with all these.....

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
AbdelKabir:

People take it serious, infact more serious than the contract itself......just yesterday I was speaking with my cousin about the issue of traditional wedding, and I said I am not going to do it the way you people do, like, I won't dance or prostrate to in-laws or allow music to be played not even the so called Islamic music, I won't take pictures.....and she was like "what's that? Its going to be boring as hell" and went further that I'm becoming extreme with all these.....

What about the free mixing? The husband carrying bride and kissing her? * I think its part of it*

I think it will be easier to avoid traditional wedding completely.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2017
snapscore:

What about the free mixing? The husband carrying bride and kissing her? * I think its part of it*

Free mixing is surely a problem, carrying the bride and kissing her, emm, they must've done the contract which already made them husband and wife, the traditional wedding is noe considered the "waleemah"

I think it will be easier to avoid traditional wedding completely.

Yep, but to follow the sunnah, after the contract, they should be a waleemah, where people will be invited, to eat and celebrate with you..... This traditional wedding is what will be considered the waleemah, so avoiding it wouldn't go too well, rather trying as much as possible this avoid the haram in it would be better *I think*...

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Reply)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.