Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? - Islam for Muslims (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? (91859 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Free mixing is surely a problem, carrying the bride and kissing her, emm, they must've done the contract which already made them husband and wife, the traditional wedding is noe considered the "waleemah"

Carrying and kissing the bride in the full glare of other men and women.

[Yep, but to follow the sunnah, after the contract, they should be a waleemah, where people will be invited, to eat and celebrate with you..... This traditional wedding is what will be considered the waleemah, so avoiding it wouldn't go too well, rather trying as much as possible this avoid the haram in it would be better *I think*...

The Waleemah doesnt have to be a traditional wedding. My idea of the waleemah is segregated dinner/lunch where the women have a section to eat, dance and discuss. The men can eat and discuss as well. The waleemah is not an obligation and if doesn't have to invlove sin especially if it can be avoided. I think it will be better to avoid in and start the marriage foundation on goddness especially as it is not an obligation.

Now regarding the pictures, I think its better to inform ppl that phones won't be allowed in the venue so that way no one can take pics.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
snapscore:

Carrying and kissing the bride in the full glare of other men and women.

Oh! You meant this..... This is can(should) be avoided too....

The Waleemah doesnt have to be a traditional wedding. My idea of the waleemah is segregated dinner/lunch where the women have a section to eat, dance and discuss. The men can eat and discuss as well. The waleemah is not an obligation and if doesn't have to invlove sin especially if it can be avoided. I think it will be better to avoid in and start the marriage foundation on goddness especially as it is not an obligation.

Yep, we are kinda saying the same, when we avoid everything haraam, it becomes what you saying, after the contract, the couple can just prepare food and invite some people to eat and thats also a waleemah...

Now regarding the pictures, I think its better to inform ppl that phones won't be allowed in the venue so that way no one can take pics.

And you think people won't come with it?

BTW I thought you were of the opinion that if any part of the body is missing in the picture, then its no longer a picture?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Oh! You meant this..... This is can be avoided too...
okay. I think opening the door for a traditonal wedding means opening the door for parental and societal pressure and influence. Its much easier to say, me and my wife have decided not to do trad wedding, give a billion exuses and move on, than saying we will do it but avoid music, free mixing, prostration and kneeling, kissing etc.

Yep, we are kinda saying the same, when we avoid everything haraam, it becomes what you saying, after the contract, the couple can just prepare food and invite some people to eat and thats also a waleemah...

Okay

BTW I thought you were of the opinion that if any part of the body is missing in the picture, then its no longer a picture?

Yes I do(not just any part of the body but in a way that the person cannot exist in real life. Like for example part of the head not being included or head and shoulder. I am more comfortable with part of the head not being included ). That being mentioned, I rarely take pics with people especially on a day when women will be uncovered.
Now back to the topic, today my friend was telling me about a wedding she attended last night where the women were told and made to drop their phones before entering and it was made known prior to the day. I thought it would be helpful to suggest that here just in case it might be beneficial.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2017
snapscore:

okay. I think opening the door for a traditonal wedding means opening the door for parental and societal pressure and influence. Its much easier to say, me and my wife have decided not to do trad wedding, give a billion exuses and move on, than saying we will do it but avoid music, free mixing, prostration and kneeling, kissing etc.

True.....but that doesn't mean you can't Cook for people to eat atleast to help celebrate your new status.....and a way of announcing that you are married...

Yes I do(not just any part of the body but in a way that the person cannot exist in real life. Like for example part of the head not being included or head and shoulder. I am more comfortable with part of the head not being included ).

Good....

That being mentioned, I rarely take pics with people especially on a day when women will be uncovered.

OK....

Now back to the topic, today my friend was telling me about a wedding she attended last night where the women were told and made to drop their phones

Really? Where is that? Definitely nor Nigeria...

before entering and it was made known prior to the day. I thought it would be helpful to suggest that here just in case it might be beneficial.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've never thought of this before...

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
AbdelKabir:

True.....but that doesn't mean you can't Cook for people to eat atleast to help celebrate your new status.....and a way of announcing that you are married...

Yeah. That's the segregated dinner/lunch taking the place of traditional wedding.

Really? Where is that? Definitely nor Nigeria...
I have heard about this being done in Nigeria. I think all you need is to be strict, have really good bouncers and not pick calls when people are calling to complain.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
snapscore:

Yeah. That's the segregated dinner/lunch taking the place of traditional wedding.

Toor....

I have heard about this being done in Nigeria. I think all you need is to be strict, have really good bouncers and not pick calls when people are calling to complain.

Beinh strict to outsiders is pretty easy, but its not really easy with close relatives especially when your own parents don't buy the idea.....perhaps because they don't understand the sunnah....
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Beinh strict to outsiders is pretty easy, but its not really easy with close relatives especially when your own parents don't buy the idea.....perhaps because they don't understand the sunnah....

I agree which is why its easier if the couples agree together. We can always try to explain amd ask Allah to grant them understanding. After that I doubt there is much that can be done. It is important to understand thay there is no obidience if it invloves disobedience to Allah. Parents might be angry for a while but it won't last long usually especially if you show them love and care afterwards. This is another reason why I think its much easier to avoid the whole thing all together.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
The topic is still open for discussions from other contributors.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 09, 2017
snapscore:

I agree which is why its easier if the couples agree together. We can always try to explain amd ask Allah to grant them understanding. After that I doubt there is much that can be done. It is important to understand thay there is no obidience if it invloves disobedience to Allah. Parents might be angry for a while but it won't last long usually especially if you show them love and care afterwards. This is another reason why I think its much easier to avoid the whole thing all together.

The most important thing is the couples should have the same ideology on the matter......else there will be problems...

In our times, shaytaan with the permission of Allaah has made the haraam look normal and halal look odd....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by onegig(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nose rings or piercing is a big turn off.

As for not taking pictures or not allowing it during a weddimg procession.

Personally i believe that's a bit on the extreme side of things. I understand if you want something reserved and all those ish but like seriously. ..not a single image taken? Hmm.

Question is who would venerate a wedding pic or bow down to and ascribe to worship a wedding pic? Who?

You aren't hanging it around the house, printing it on clothes for prayers or the likes.

The hadith on images is even open to debate but It's not something i would want to even discuss as i am not really cast out for such discussion as of now.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by tintingz(m): 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
onegig:
Nose rings or piercing is a big turn off.

As for not taking pictures or not allowing it during a weddimg procession.

Personally i believe that's a bit on the extreme side of things. I understand if you want something reserved and all those ish but like seriously. ..not a single image taken? Hmm.

Question is who would venerate a wedding pic or bow down to and ascribe to worship a wedding pic? Who?

You aren't hanging it around the house, printing it on clothes for prayers or the likes.

The hadith on images is even open to debate but It's not something i would want to even discuss as i am not an really cast out for such as of now.

Thank you for the bolded.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
STOLEN

(PROFESSOR HASSAN ABUBAKAR)
DEAR YOUNG GUYS and LADIES
MISTAKE YOU MUST NOT MAKE:
Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to be a millionaire, Have kids early so they grow along with you. Grow with your spouse and kids and succeed with them. Start your life now as you might still not succeed at your target age.
Many people have waited to make so much money before they get married, years later money has refused to come, still no wife, no kids.
When you've found true love don't hesitate waiting for money, it may mean waiting till eternity.
So many young guys are pretending not to be financially buoyant enough to marry but are already living couples life, so many girls are even wasting away on our streets as intimacy gadgets for men old enough to be their grandfather still they tell you they are not matured enough for marriage.
When you marry early, you get preoccupied with your spouse and not end up as "pubic utility " for all and sundry, good enough your kids grow along with you. Stop looking for a "ready made" spouse, work your spouse's success with him/her grow your wealth together it gives you a sense of belonging and you'll have a say.
If you have means, pls marry early, don't wait till you see your friends' kids graduating while you still have yours in kindergarten classes, don't wait to be 60 years and you still have kids in elementary school, don't have kids young enough to be your grandchildren.
Contentment comes not from much wealth but fewer wants, don't wait to buy Range Sport or build Mansions before you start you matrimony, ask your parents where and how they started, you'll see that you're even better off.
Trust me, it isn't MONEY that brings happiness but CONTENTMENT, be happy with the little you've got, grow with your spouse and pray for more.
For the ladies, why wait?, when it's even detrimental to your health to bear children late, why not do the needful while still at your prime?, very many who are waiting for "Mr Rich"
ended up as second wife, single parent, baby-Mama, very many never even married.
Don't be deceived waiting for that man who can afford Peruvian wig, designer bags and cutest of wears, those guys are non existent else you'll end up as money ritual material.
Pls young guys, take my advice seriously, settle down early, don't delay yourself waiting for a big society wedding, the ceremony is just few hours while marriage is lifetime, no matter how much you spend on wedding ceremony, yours won't be the best and no matter how little you can afford, yours won't be the worst, you'll always be somewhere in-between, so why worry yourself?.
Take this as sincere advise from me.

Someone once said, stop looking for Mr/Mrs right, look for mr/mrs wrong and drag the idiot(sorry for that word) to the right..
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
It begins with you s winkw
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lol...already making plans... Very soon you'll be invited insha Allaah smiley
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
May Allah make it easy...... Finally, rice is loading..... ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lol.....zobo(with ginger) and cabin biscuit loading....
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
grin grin....This made me laughed...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 6:33am On Apr 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Lol.....zobo(with ginger) and cabin biscuit loading....
SMHFY.... Kuku add kulikuli too sad

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 12, 2017
busar:
SMHFY.... Kuku add kulikuli too sad

You know, this is a good idea.....kuli alata would be perfect, we will also buy bags of garri ijebu, that one that "slaps" the cheeks.... Pipu will drink taya that day...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by busar(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2017
NO GAMBLING IN MARRIAGE.
Many people think that simply because the famous hadith mentions "deen", so every muslim is now a marriage material!
If that was the case, then there would be no need for istikharah and istisharah anymore, we'll just marry just anyone who prays facing the ka'bah, simple.
HELLO,
As much as all that glitters is not gold, all that's fade is not also advisable to be purchased, a faded item does more harm than good.
If a man has been practicing sunnah for 5years and he still says:
"Astanga-fruullah"
Is that a sign of a serious person who is willing to learn? Such is an unserious students of knowledge and it shows he is far away from the scholars and gatherings of knowledge.
Don't think that people will suddenly improve after marriage, the way people are before marriage is the way they will be after marriage, nothing changes overnight, except in extremely few cases. Do not take that risk.
Imran bin hittan was a scholar among the tabi'een, he was very eloquent and there is no person he admonishes except that the person would embrace islam.
So he wanted to marry his cousin sister who was one of the khawarij, so that he will change her to the sunnah, but when they got married, she was the one who changed him and imran became a khawarij and later became the amir of the khawarij of their time.
(Siyaaru alaamin nubalaa).
This is what we are saying, if a sister promises you that she would start wearing hijab after marriage, do not take the risk, let her start wearing it first out of the fear of Allah not for your sake, before you marry her.
If a brother tells you he will stop partying or living a gangster life after marriage, don't accept his proposal, until you see the changes in him, even at that, do your istikharah, it maybe that he is only pretending for a shortwhile.
There is no management in marriage, do not marry anyone out of pity or out of mere hopes that they would change.
This is why we see some niqabites married to niggas today, some brothers are married to slay babes today.
You don't have the unseen knowledge, it may turn out positive or negative, the risk is not worth taking, marry a man who is better than you not worse than you.
Sheik uthaymeen said,
People do say:
"I will marry a woman who is not religious, perhaps Allah will guide her through me"
We say: you have no knowledge of the future, it may be that you'll marry her hoping that Allah will guide her through you but she would rather change you to her wayward lifestyle
(Sharh al mumti, kitabun nikah, 14)
When we buy fruits, we choose the best, when we buy clothes, we go for the best, when we cook, we prepare it well, when we take drugs, we go for the best, when we marry, we even go for blood test so that we don't endanger the health of our kids, but when it comes to religious commitment and aqeedah, we marry anyhow.
We go for blood test but we don't examine the aqeedah of the person.
Marriage is a lifetime contract and your partner will either mar you or make you, so do not go for anything less, there is no management in marriage.
Copied
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
^^
Strongly agree.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
What are your views on differences in financial status between couples. For example if a man is pious but extremly poor and the lady is from a rich home ( and vice versa), how will that affect the marriage?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
I used to think that financial status isn't that important because they can always help each other and wealth is from Allah. There are also hadith that speak on picking piety over wealth. However, I have come to realize that finacial status plays alot more than just being able to afford and buy things. For example, it probably played a role in how they were raised and their prospective on life and it could affect their expectations of their spouse.

Imagine a case where a woman who is used to her high standard of living marrying a man who is not that wealthy, therfore she finds it difficult to adapt and they start having arguments because of it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
busar:
May Allah make it easy...... Finally, rice is loading..... ...
With Asun, eja panla, eja aro, egbin.... Wetin again? sad angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
With Asun, eja panla, eja aro, egbin.... Wetin again? sad angry

No be only egbin na dirty......igbin undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

No be only egbin na dirty......igbin undecided
It has do woo angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
It has do woo angry undecided

Gerarahia grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Demmzy15(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Gerarahia grin
angry angry Go and marry!! tongue
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
angry angry Go and marry!! tongue

No worry na, I'll soon leave the aponhood(bachelor life)...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
>: (
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Coccoh(f): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
snapscore:
What are your views on differences in financial status between couples. For example if a man is pious but extremly poor and the lady is from a rich home ( and vice versa), how will that affect the marriage?

Extremely poor shocked
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
Coccoh:

Extremely poor shocked

Okay maybe just poor but it is possible for a man to be extremely poor. Do share your views sis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (34) (Reply)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.