Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Fish Farming Business - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fish Farming Business (72247 Views)

How To Start A Rice Farming Business In Nigeria - Make Millions! / How To Start A Mushroom Farming Business / Starting A Pigry Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Farming Business by ayosat(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2012
For the best fingerlings or juveniles, please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu @yahoo.com . The farm is located at Abule Egba, Lagos . winkFor the best fingerlings or juveniles, please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu @yahoo.com . The farm is located at Abule Egba, Lagos .

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Business by ogbongenet: 7:13pm On May 12, 2012
Quail Farming,quick Cash:

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 2000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.
FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.
TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com
Meet you at the top

Re: Fish Farming Business by ayosat(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2012
Hmm... Rich information.

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hello farmers or intending farmer, drop ur pin or add me to join the catfish farmer group, where we can meet buyers and sellers, information and a lot more. 30B92C64
Re: Fish Farming Business by Will44: 10:33am On Jun 23, 2012
Good Guide About Starting & Growing Successful Fish Farming Business in Nigeria.

All You Need To Know About Catfish Farming, Tilapia Farming In The Nigerian Enviroment.

Go and check it out..

http://www.fishfarmingbusiness.com/fish-farming-in-nigeria
Re: Fish Farming Business by yetown(m): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2012
ayosat: For the best fingerlings or juveniles, please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu @yahoo.com . The farm is located at Abule Egba, Lagos . winkFor the best fingerlings or juveniles, please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu @yahoo.com . The farm is located at Abule Egba, Lagos .

FISH FARMING MADE EASY, NO MORE CONCRETE/ BLOCK/ EARTHEN PONDS, WITH COLLAPSIBLE MOBILE POLYGON TANK SKY IS YOUR LIMIT

Use of collapsible mobile pond is ideal for urban dwellers and a very easy way to raise your own fish.
The mobile ponds as shown above are ideal mobile fish pond for your both front yard and back yard farming.
Advantages of Using a Collapsible Mobile Polygon Fish Pond:
1. It is non-toxic and non-corrosive
2. It can hold water for as long as you want.
3. It can easily be removed and carried to another location
4. Ideal for people who live in rented apartments.
5. The use of the mobile ponds is cheaper compared to concrete tanks.
6. It is an ideal pond for a starter or anyone who wants to start small.
7. With this type of collapsible mobile polygon pond, you can start your fish business with capital as low as N80, 000 (Cost of pond).

CONTACT NETAGRIC FARM:08035188465
Re: Fish Farming Business by dapix: 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well I am a fish farmer and have stocks that are ready for sale, if you need supplies, kindly contact me on 08029736561, selling starts this september ending thanks!!!!!!
Re: Fish Farming Business by phumymi: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
for your good fingerlings,juveniles call 08028102180,08181470882.can be delivered eveywhere in the nation.you will be glad you did.
Re: Fish Farming Business by fm7070: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
janco: It seems a lot of people have lost knowledge that it cost close to 300 - 350 to feed a fish to maturity.
If you have 1000 know you need about 350,000 to feed them.
This is to all those who wish to invest on this

It all depends on the size you want your fish to get to.
All things being OK, you can get average of 1k with 300naira/fish.
You're likely to spend less if you do not intend to get to 1kg
So, do not be scared. Once your pond and other facility is set, with 250k for feeding, you can raise 1000 fishes to growout of average of 600g-700g.
Re: Fish Farming Business by ikedek: 7:31am On Oct 23, 2012
How can I start up?the first thing to do?
Re: Fish Farming Business by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2012
ikedek: How can I start up?the first thing to do?
Re: Fish Farming Business by fm7070: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
ikedek: How can I start up?the first thing to do?

Fingerlings is not the first thing.

You have to get your pond(s) ready, good and guaranteed source of water is very important and make sure you have sure source of capital to feed the number of fishes you want to rear when needs arise. After these things, you can get fingerlings.
Don't make mistake of getting fingerlings when your pond is not ready.
Re: Fish Farming Business by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:50am On Dec 12, 2012
To all intending fish farmers & fish farmers,i want to introduce my e-book on having a successful fish farm in anyplace,starting from where you are.In it,enlightens on what alternatives for space,feed or supplementary feeding that would reduce cost of feeding,how to get maximum results from your farm,cheap way to treat your fishes,in case of disease outbreak etc.What you get is more than d cost value.And you can also call-08035335647 or email solomonsgn@yahoo.com.For quality fingerlings/juveniles do call a
Re: Fish Farming Business by lansha2006: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
thanks for all the meaningful contributions. can anyone please advise on the use of aerator in fish farming. is it a must?
Re: Fish Farming Business by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
i will suggest you get my ebook,reason is answers that will benefit an existing or intending fishfarmer you have at your finger tips.Also to answer your question,its not a must,but the use of an aerator will enhance oxygen supply which in turn enhances growth.To elaborate further it will also reduce d rate at which water is change.Even in earthen ponds they are put in use.forget what you have being hearing that oxygen from beneath & from air.it is true,but even d big farms zartech etc uses it in their pond
Re: Fish Farming Business by lansha2006: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2012
excelsiorfarm: i will suggest you get my ebook,reason is answers that will benefit an existing or intending fishfarmer you have at your finger tips.Also to answer your question,its not a must,but the use of an aerator will enhance oxygen supply which in turn enhances growth.To elaborate further it will also reduce d rate at which water is change.Even in earthen ponds they are put in use.forget what you have being hearing that oxygen from beneath & from air.it is true,but even d big farms zartech etc uses it in their pond
Please give me a clearer understanding of this or better still advise on the cost and number of aerators needed for 7 porches of ponds each housing 500pieces.
Re: Fish Farming Business by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
@lansha 2006 you only need an aerator,they vary in sizes,the one i have can service 24 ponds,its was imported,but i have seen it in lagos sold for 55K,not to scare you there are smaller version for 10k,15k,20k,25K,even d one of 10-15K will still service all d ponds,what differentiate d sizes is d bigger d more oxygen introduce per time.you only need 1 aerator,ask d seller for accessories to connect to all ponds,get d manual i offered,you get more light on fishfarming than any 50K seminar
Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile about 30,000pcs is available for sale at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.5kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.
Re: Fish Farming Business by sp2002(m): 1:27am On Feb 10, 2013
i have over 1000fishes {table size} for sale in ibeju-lekki lga of lagos state. conatct
SP2002 POULTRY & LAND CONSULTANCY
Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 30,000pcs is available for sale for the month of march stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.5kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
Check the link below for different pictures about catfish farming (especially for intending farmers) its gives you some pictures about the business.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1035201809009.2007269.1494386621&type=1&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5889412693788703596%3Amf_story_key.-7119817469265347401
Re: Fish Farming Business by zogo(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fish farming is good but huge capital intensive.

You can also try Heliculture (Scientific Snail Farming) as the farming is less capital intensive but high profitability on yearly bases.

From our years of experience in the business, we have put together all you need to know to get started imidiately with Snail Farming right from the comfort of your home & on part time bases.

See details & table of content of our info here: www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see you @ the top!
Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2013
Am very sorry for those that call that I can't meet up with their demand of fingerlings and juvenile, I have some pond construction for my clients, that's why there is little fish available for the month of june, but am now back to produce you better quantity and quality of fish starting from today.

For the month of july stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 40,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.2kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, via ifo by sango otta ogun state.

Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8

This is the way ararat nigeria enterprises is helping the intending farmers and establish farmers with a give away price seminar.
Re: Fish Farming Business by jadefour20: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
Dear members,

We have a medium sized fish farm for lease split into an earthen ponds site and a fenced concrete ponds site, both sites with less than a mile apart.

Farm is based in Agura/Gberigbe, Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria.

The earthen ponds has the below

- Twenty two 40ft by 20ft earthen ponds all bagged to avoid erosion, keep water clean and safeguard against flooding (on a 6 standard plots of land)
- 2 boreholes to support daily water replenishment and oxygenation and cabin for farm workers and storage.
- Ideal for grow-out

Fenced farm has the below:

- 24 standard outdoor concrete ponds (fenced standard 4 plots of land, 12 concrete nurseries, 4 locally made re-circulatory hatchery tanks and numerous plastics backup tanks.
- There is a feed mill on the fenced farm built separately with mixer, grinder, grounder, pelletiser and dryer, all locally made. (space available in feedmill for further storage)
- Also on this farm are 3 former poultry pens that can be converted for other agric purposes.
- Two bore-holes
- Generator and power supply room
- Over-head water tanks
- Two bedrooms self contained apartment both ensuite with 3 bedroom staff living quarters (separate rest room for staffs)
- 20 foot container for food storage
- Farm is ready for use with several other facilities and it is ideal for both grow-out and fingerlins and juveniles production

The reason for lease is because I am now back abroad due to young family and as we all know, a fish farm cannot be managed remotely.

Pictures of farm can be seen on facebook page below:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-farms-Lagos-Nigeria/138078199564110

Viewing is by appointment.

Lease is negotiable and will be discussed based on interest.

Please contact farm manager with details below if interested

Akin Odukogbe
+234 0802 709 1499
+234 805 475 1270 (Available on whatsapp)
akinodukogbe@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Fish Farming Business by aquatic1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
10 days to go

CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8
Re: Fish Farming Business by yemiakeem: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
For ur fast growing catfish seeds contact Haykay farms @ N0 3, Olisa street behind st patrick catholic church Ikija ijebu Ogun state. yemiakeem20@gmail.com, 07038458563,08032500818 & 07058783845. products available thru out d year
Re: Fish Farming Business by stanzo: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
AIdyl Farms, Orozo, Abuja is advertising for the positions of a Farm Manager and Farm Hands. Interested applicants should visit their website at www.aidylfarms.com for details.
Re: Fish Farming Business by ultrazone(m): 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
If you need to empower yourself in fish and poultry farming free, I suggest you take a look at my signature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access / Good Newly found shipping Agent for China Importers - Tested And Proven / Lady Saves N64,000 In 4 Months, Shows It Off (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.