Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence (38628 Views)

"new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / 2002 Infiniti G20, All Documentation, Like New, Wont Last. / Re:car Registration And Drivers' Licence Cost:help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:34am On Jan 02, 2016
princemillla:
Pls sir can you help me process drivers license.

Yes, i can help you and also you can also process it at any drivers licence center near you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by princemillla(m): 8:48am On Jan 02, 2016
ibro2much:

Yes, i can help you and also you can also process it at any drivers licence center near you.

Pls give me Avenue of communication.

Or you can flash me 08136473564
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:38am On Jan 04, 2016
princemillla:

Pls give me Avenue of communication.

Or you can flash me 08136473564

Sorry for the lateness of my reply,my contact is 08029875090
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by laptopsale(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2016
ibro2much:

Some FRSC guys said my drivers' license was fake so I went to Wilmer center to process a new one, that's was in July 2015. I filled the form, made payment and was given date for VIO interview. I went there on the said date and met close to 350 people already there for the interview, we all waite for our turn and about few minutes to 4pm they stopped accepting people and asked us to come back on Monday of the following week.

Been a very person I have not been able to make out time to go back there for the interview, but I still have the papers signed and stamped by the MVAA Wilmer Apapa center.

My question is, what do you think I can do since its six months already, is the form still valid?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
laptopsale:
Some FRSC guys said my drivers' license was fake so I went to Wilmer center to process a new one, that's was in July 2015. I filled the form, made payment and was given date for VIO interview. I went there on the said date and met close to 350 people already there for the interview, we all waite for our turn and about few minutes to 4pm they stopped accepting people and asked us to come back on Monday of the following week.

Been a very person I have not been able to make out time to go back there for the interview, but I still have the papers signed and stamped by the MVAA Wilmer Apapa center.

My question is, what do you think I can do since its six months already, is the form still valid?

Yes the form is still very valid and you can continue where you stopped.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by laptopsale(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2016
ibro2much:

Yes the form is still very valid and you can continue where you stopped.
Cool thanks, been driving for 7 months without license, luckily for me no police or FRSC official has stop me during this period.
I'll make out time to visit the MVAA center with the form as soon as possible.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by murshid09(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2016
pls kindly read my questns.u said in your earlier post that new plate numbèr belongs to the owner he may decide to remove it/ not before he sells.d question is now if a vehicle is stolen and d owner did not report and d thief remove the plate number and register it with fake receipt,affidavit and police report before reselling it.especially most of UA that buy online used cars.thanks
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:40am On Jan 07, 2016
murshid09:
pls kindly read my questns.u said in your earlier post that new plate numbèr belongs to the owner he may decide to remove it/ not before he sells.d question is now if a vehicle is stolen and d owner did not report and d thief remove the plate number and register it with fake receipt,affidavit and police report before reselling it.especially most of UA that buy online used cars.thanks

The answer to your question is why wont the owner of a vehicle report to the police when his vehicle is stolen? Its a vehicle for GOD sake not a biro,there are many advantages of reporting a stolen vehicle,which are
1.you notify the authority and the general public about your property that have been stolen
2.it saves you the trouble you might get in if it is used to commit any crime
3.you will be hopeful that it will be found.
4.you will give the authority the permission to prevent the re-registration of such stolen vehicle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by mikhail777: 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
Let me first commend you for the great job u’re doing.

Please, I’ll like you to shed more light on this new number plate issue. if I decide to sell my car but decide to keep my new number plate, what documents are my supposed to give the buyer to enable him register the vehicle in his name without issues?

Secondly, can I use that number on another Nigerian used vehicle i bought with an old number plate or must it be a tokunbo?

Thanks as I eagerly await your response.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
@ shady, that is very correct. With 15k u can easily get your tinted permit done within 3day. It's dat easy.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by oluwanoni: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2016
Sorry for the lateness of my reply,my contact is 08029875090[/quote]

Sir, please I intended to do change of ownership and vehicle license renewal for a used Nigerian vehicle and with the stories am hearing, can you please recommend a geniuene offoce to visit to complete the papers.....

I spoken to some persons, they say it cost as much as 40k to both....please kindly assist.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
oluwanoni:

Sir, please I intended to do change of ownership and vehicle license renewal for a used Nigerian vehicle and with the stories am hearing, can you please recommend a geniuene offoce to visit to complete the papers.....

I spoken to some persons, they say it cost as much as 40k to both....please kindly assist.

Sir vio, if you don't mind me answering this question, your reason for getting a change of ownership is beacaus you want to change the documents to your name and if that be the case, you also have to do a replacement of no plate in the case of old no plate or re-registration of already registered vehicle in the case of New no plate. So it will cost you roughly that much.

All you need is locate any motor vehicle administration agency (MVAA ) station around you . Hope this helps.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vanqwerty: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Please how do I go about registering a keke napep and what are the requirements?
I want to give it to someone for higher purchase.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
simply take the keke marwa to the nearest vio office for inspection and issuance of O K paper,then take the paper to the nearest licensing office for the registation.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
vanqwerty:
Please how do I go about registering a keke napep and what are the requirements?
I want to give it to someone for higher purchase.

simply take the keke marwa to the nearest vio office for inspection and issuance of O K paper,then take the paper to the nearest licensing office for the registation.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
[/quote]Sir vio, if you don't mind me answering this question, your reason for getting a change of ownership is because you want to change the documents to your name and if that be the case, you also have to do a replacement of no plate in the case of old no plate or re-registration of already registered vehicle in the case of New no plate. So it will cost you roughly that much.

All you need is locate any motor vehicle administration agency (MVAA ) station around you . Hope this helps.[/quote]

alright, that reply is ON-POINT.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2016
Lets talk a little about the LASDRI(lagos state drivers recertification institute) card,its uses,and category of people that needs it.

The LASDRI card is bourne out of the need to recertify drivers in the state to be abreast of all driving requirements.
In getting lasdri card,at the lasdri center,the applicant is expected to have obtained a valid drivers license,before applying for the lasdri card,as the card does not represent a drivers licence.
The lasdri card is designed for category of people that takes driving as a source of livelihood,eg company driver's,commercial driver's,truck driver's, private driver's (if you drive a boss and earn your income as a driver) etc.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by akanniade10(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2016
ibro2much:
Lets talk a little about the LASDRI(lagos state drivers recertification institute) card,its uses,and category of people that needs it.

The LASDRI card is bourne out of the need to recertify drivers in the state to be abreast of all driving requirements.
In getting lasdri card,at the lasdri center,the applicant is expected to have obtained a valid drivers license,before applying for the lasdri card,as the card does not represent a drivers licence.
The lasdri card is designed for category of people that takes driving as a source of livelihood,eg company driver's,commercial driver's,truck driver's, private driver's (if you drive a boss and earn your income as a driver) etc.

Well done, Do vio arrests cars that don't have this luminous redlight/sticker at the rear bumper. It's my private car
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by pattybf(f): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
ibro2much:

Sir vio, if you don't mind me answering this question, your reason for getting a change of ownership is because you want to change the documents to your name and if that be the case, you also have to do a replacement of no plate in the case of old no plate or re-registration of already registered vehicle in the case of New no plate. So it will cost you roughly that much.

All you need is locate any motor vehicle administration agency (MVAA ) station around you . Hope this helps.

alright, that reply is ON-POINT.

I want to believe this was an oversight! u can't just walk into any MVAA office for a change of ownership, it has to be done at d very station where d vehicle was first registered. this is why u cannot do a change of ownership in Lagos for a vehicle registered outside lagos!
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Emekasmart(m): 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
pattybf:

I want to believe this was an oversight! u can't just walk into any MVAA office for a change of ownership, it has to be done at d very station where d vehicle was first registered. this is why u cannot do a change of ownership in Lagos for a vehicle registered outside lagos!
So u mean if i live in lekki and buy a used car which was registered in ikorodu,i have to go to ikorodu to re-register it for my personal use?
That's not a gud news to hear.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
Emekasmart:

So u mean if i live in lekki and buy a used car which was registered in ikorodu,i have to go to ikorodu to re-register it for my personal use?

Yes. If you buy a Nigerian used vehicle, you must visit the original station of registration to effect the change of ownership and then do a re-registration of already registered vehicle at same station in the case of new no plate. But in the case of old no plate, after having gone to the original station of registration for change of ownership, can do a replacement at any other mvaa station. Without this process duly followed, you can only get fake documents.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by akanniade10(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
akanniade10:

Well done, Do vio arrests cars that don't have this luminous redlight/sticker at the rear bumper. It's my private car
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by pattybf(f): 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
Emekasmart:

good or bad news, that's d process!

anything other than that, is oluwole and will definitely bounce back some day!
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=akanniade10 post=46570226][/quote]

Yes,you should always have a reflective tape at the back of your cars.
Its the law
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
pattybf:

good or bad news, that's d process!

anything other than that, is oluwole and will definitely bounce back some day!

Thats the process,u have to go through it.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vali1000: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
After purchase of a car, how much will it cost for all documentation you'v mentiooned above or does it varry with models?

If i bought a car nd dnt hv enough money for the documentation,, cant the agreement gotten from the buyer serve me for say three months to hustle for documentation fees? tnx for your time ur doing a good sesitisation job ur ofice shld be made aware for APPER sake.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by megatran(m): 5:36am On Jun 17, 2016
hey ibru. thanks for making this thread. i would like to know the current cost of renewing the vehicle license of a saloon car. i went to the office at Delta state and i was told its #2,150 per year and since the car was registered last at 2010 i need to mutiply that amount six times for the 6yrs. i was told by my mechanic that i could nnegotiate an extension of the normal 1yr expiry date after paying the 12,750. i wanna know if the charges given were in line with the norm. I should also point out that the lady at the licensing office gave me a tempoary note that should be used for driving for a month until i can pay the #12,500 vehicle license fee.

i will also like to know the papers the police do request for when you are flagged down at a checkpoint. Thanks
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2016
megatran:
hey ibru. thanks for making this thread. i would like to know the current cost of renewing the vehicle license of a saloon car. i went to the office at Delta state and i was told its #2,150 per year and since the car was registered last at 2010 i need to mutiply that amount six times for the 6yrs. i was told by my mechanic that i could nnegotiate an extension of the normal 1yr expiry date after paying the 12,750. i wanna know if the charges given were in line with the norm. I should also point out that the lady at the licensing office gave me a tempoary note that should be used for driving for a month until i can pay the #12,500 vehicle license fee.

i will also like to know the papers the police do request for when you are flagged down at a checkpoint. Thanks

Unlike before, vehicle license renewal has been automated in most states so therefore you will have to pay all the money owed, to this current time.

Also,papers that are usually demanded by police includes vehicle licence,roadworthiness certificate,insurance,d/licence,sometimes the P.O.C,ALLOCATION PAPER,C.M.R &TINTED PERMIT (if its tinted)
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 12:44am On Jun 21, 2016
vali1000:
After purchase of a car, how much will it cost for all documentation you'v mentiooned above or does it varry with models?

If i bought a car nd dnt hv enough money for the documentation,, cant the agreement gotten from the buyer serve me for say three months to hustle for documentation fees? tnx for your time ur doing a good sesitisation job ur ofice shld be made aware for APPER sake.

It varies with model with a difference of like 1k.

The agreement can not serve you at all,when considering buying a car always have a plan for the documentation.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by owenaze: 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello @ibro2much.

Please how do I get driving record/experience letter from FRSC?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Chelseafan1: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
ibro2much:

Unlike before, vehicle license renewal has been automated in most states so therefore you will have to pay all the money owed, to this current time.

Also,papers that are usually demanded by police includes vehicle licence,roadworthiness certificate,insurance,d/licence,sometimes the P.O.C,ALLOCATION PAPER,C.M.R &TINTED PERMIT (if its tinted)

Hi bro, good job here, pls, I do a lot of traveling with my car and I get flagged down by the police on many occasions , I last renewed the car papers in 2013....how much is the Vehicle license now, road worthiness certificate and insurance....
What are the amount to pay for each too.
Can i skip insurance too?
I stay in ife, Osun state.
Tnx.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by omobobami: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
dear vio; i want to use my car with new private number plate for commercial what step can i take or document to optain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pre-order anything from Korean and now United States only( Michigan) / »»» Reg 2012 KIA Soul @ N1.650M Negotiable ««« / ****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy*****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.