Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story (197177 Views)

The University Village - A Story / 11 Common Terms That Used To Be 'bad Grammar' / "I Bad"-a Short Story By Louie3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bloody
chistar01:
Coincidentally, this last chapter is the 666 post of this thread... Hehehe grin

My type tho, hoping to see more of this. Am getting to love Henry (No Homo).

LoGodwiz, Hi
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
stuff46:
Bloody

My type tho, hoping to see more of this. Am getting to love Henry (No Homo).
LoGodwiz, Hi
Boss. I hail o
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2015
-20-

MAXWELL

Women with great boobs always think they can get away with anything as long as they know how to use it to spin men heads but that is not always the case.

Unlike most guys, I am immune to most of all these silly tricks females try on un-expecting guys and can even boast of turning down any girl advances at will... Well, almost any girl.

Mary-Anne was clearly not aware of this as she attempted to use sex to buy her way out of the pending question she knew I was definitely going to ask.

I played along for a while and I admit that I might have gone a little too far as I pulled her top and rendered her half naked but hey! Don't judge me, I got carried away in the act. The softness of Mary-Anne's lips had brought back old memories.

The Mary-Anne I had known a few weeks back used to be very shy. She used to cover her face with her palm anytime I complimented her and teased her about her pointed nose. We had to date for about two weeks before I finally got to taste the forbidden fruit and to be frank with you, I literally had to manipulate her into doing it with me. But fast forward to just few weeks later and she had learnt how to remove belts with unhuman speed and was already attempting to pull of my trouser when I finally snapped back to reality.

"Babe slow down," I had forced myself to say when in reality all I wanted was to slide into her.

She ignored me and pushed even harder so I had to raise my voice at her before she finally understood I was serious.

"Did I do something wrong?" She looked almost sincerely confused but I knew better.

"Yes, you did," I replied, "what's going on between you and Henry?"

She stared blankly at me as if I had just spoken in French and I was about to ask the question again when she finally spoke. "Are you freaking kidding me!?" She spat.

"Do I sound like I am joking here?" I asked totally unfazed by her tone.

"You had to wait till I was naked before you ask me such disgusting question?" She stood up from the bed and grabbed her top, putting it on in one quick movement. She folded sat on the table at the edge of her room.

"The question is pretty straight forward Anne," I said, "the funny thing though is the more you avoid the question, the more you make me think there's something going on that I'm not aware of."

"What do you think is going on between me and Henry?" She asked, "What can possibly go on between the both of us?"

"If I knew, I wouldn't be asking."

"Maxwell, I don't understand you anymore, if you are tired of me just tell me and stop trying to pick a fight with me!" She fired.

That was a surprising reply. "The only person trying to start a fight here is you!" I thundered, "I only asked a question."

"Which kind of dirty question is that? I know exactly what you are trying to say here and I refuse to play this game with you!" She returned.

At this point I had gotten all the answer I needed because I'm good at studying people. I put them in different situations and study how they react so when I need to get information from them, I know exactly how to get it and Mary-Anne had just given a lot more info than she had intended. I was devastated at this discovery but I refused to believe, I just had to confirm.

"Anne, I don't want to argue with you over this matter," I said. I decided to try another approach.

"Then don't!" Her pitch was still on the higher side.

"Do you still love me?"

She was quiet for a bit, "yes, Maxwell, I still love you and I used to know you felt the same way back then but your attitude this evening has made me to start doubting that."

"I'm sorry babe if that how I made you really do love you that's why I am acting this way," I said as I walked up to her and knelt on one knee before her. "Please, don't make me look very foolish, tell me what's going on here." I looked up at her face from down below where I knelt as I said those words.

She unfolded her hands and pulled me up with them, she looked at me straight in the eyeballs in totally silence and after what felt like ages she finally bulged.

"Do you really what to know?" She asked.

"Yes baby, I do. I promise I won't get mad at you, I just don't like the fact that I look so foolish," I urged her.

"You promise you would not get mad at me or even Henry?" She asked.

"You have my word."

"Okay then, we need to sit for this," she replied as she pulled me to the bed as we sat side by side.

"So baby, what is going on here?" I asked as I noticed she was losing her nerves.

You know how we at times ask questions we already know the answer to but out of disbelieve we still go ahead and ask? When the answer finally comes, it’s still hurts as much as you are only just finding out.

"I and Henry had sex once." She said plainly, "I swear it was not intentional, and there's nothing else going on between us!" She added, this time with a little more emotion.

A thousand thoughts ran through my mind on hearing this. I stared blankly at Mary-Anne, I was not quite sure of how I was supposed to react to such news, if I should be angry or sad. If Henry had screwed Amaka, my other girlfriend, that might have been more acceptable but I did not expect him to even come close to Mary-Anne, I did not expect Mary-Anne to let him touch her. I did not expect any of all this!

"Max, I'm sorry! I swear it would never happen again," she promised.

"How did it happen? When did it happen?" I asked the questions simultaneously.

"Does that really matter right now?" She asked.

"Woman! Would you answer my f.ucking question?" I yelled, I was sure the neighbours mush have heard me.

She shrieked, "You promised you won't get mad," she reminded me, looking rather scared.

"Tell me how it happened," I toned down my tune.

She was a bit reluctant but then went on to tell me the story of how a friend of her had died and Henry had come to her place to comfort her. Basically you know how they say a shoulder to cry on can easily become a d.ick to ride on? That's exactly what happened.

That left one more question unanswered. "When did all this happen?" I was a bit calm now and not exactly mad at Mary-Anne anymore as I understood she used to be kind of naïve, but Henry and I were going to have a deep conversation.

"Few days before you and I first did it?" She replied and this totally changed my mood.

"You screwed Henry before we even got to do it?" I asked, I could not believe my ears.

"It's not like I planned it or something," she said, her eyes were starting to glitter as tears were formed.

"You made me think you were an innocent girl whereas you were a LovePeddler all along?" I asked, pulling my palm away from hers and standing up.

"I'm not a LovePeddler!" She yelled, "It was a mistake, I swear," the first drop of tear flowed freely down her cheek and I watched as it dropped on the floor and splashed into several tiny molecules.

"How do you explain your act then? You slept with my roommate who does not even give a flying f.uck about you and then you tell me you are not a LovePeddler?" I rose my hand and waved it at her, "I can't do this anymore! The mere sight of you disgusts me!"

I walked out of her room and slammed the door right behind me. I could hear her wail grow louder as I climbed down the staircase but I did not care anymore.

As far as I knew, that was the last time I was going to ever see her.

FUNMI

I was just about having breakfast when my phone started ringing. Ayo was nice enough to help pass the phone to me so I did not need to leave my appetising breakfast of toast bread and tea to go pick up phone from the wall socket where it was charging.

It had been a while anyone had called me on phone so I was a glad and a bit anxious to see who it was but a glance at the screen and the glad part was out of the picture, it was dad. I took a deep breath before I picked up the call.

“Good morning dad,” I flatly said.

“Morning Funmi, how are you?” he asked.

“Daddy I am fine.”

“How is school, I heard that some people are rioting in your school. I hope you are not among them oh?” I could spot the Yoruba accent western education had tried to almost wipe off from his tone.

I was a bit surprised about this, I had not heard about any riot since but then again that was probably because I had not been going to school much recently.

“No dad, I am not among,” I replied even though I was very sure he knew riot was not my kind of thing.

“I heard it’s over the sudden increment of your school fees, hope it would not affect us that have paid the former price earlier?” Dad was well to do so I knew that the school fees was not going to be a problem and so he was just calling to check on his me, his little princess, but just had to act like he had other things in mind. I decided to just engage him.

“I don’t think so. Besides the riot might just yield the requested results and the school fees be reduced back to normal,” I replied.

“Okay oh, if you say so. Keep me posted on the matter.”

“No problem dad.”

“You remember our agreement where you are supposed to come home every weekend, right?”

“Yes dad, I’ll come tomorrow,” I replied. It was Friday and frankly I had totally forgotten about the plan but I had been in school for just one week as so much drama had went down, I needed a break that I could get only by going home.

“Okay na, call me if you need anything,” he replied and hung up.

This call made me think a bit about my stay at school so far. I am probably the most unserious student in my department. I just gained admission and only just resumed but could count the amount of lectures I had attended on one hand. It is not like I always missed classes intentionally but well, let’s just say life has been happening

I knew if I did not go to school I would not have the basic knowledge required to pass my examinations so with that mind set I started preparing for school immediately I was done with the breakfast.

By exactly 9am, I was at school, just in time for the ECO 102 lecture and guess what? Ayo had decided staying at home all alone was going to be boring for her so she tagged along. We sat somewhere in the middle of the class as I hated sitting at the front and I knew the people at the back would not let me concentrate.

“Who can define Elasticity of Demand?” the lecturer had asked. We had done Demand and Supply in secondary school so I was a bit surprised to meet the topic here in the higher institution but that did not stop me from raising my hands to answer the question.

Among the four of us who raised our hands, the lecturer, a female in her early forties, who also happened to be the dean picked me to answer the question. I said a quiet toast to small victories in my heart as I stood up to answer the question.

“Elasticity of demand can be defined as…” I went on to give her the typical text book definition and sat down after she gave me three free marks with instructions on how to redeem it.

By the time I sat down, I looked at Ayo and noticed she already engaged in a small exchange of words with a random girl who sat beside her.
Apparently, the girl had been copying notes and crowded the table with her notes so Ayo thought this was wrong but instead of asking nicely for the books to be removed she closed the book forcefully and pushed away from her front.

“What was that for?” the girl asked calmly.

“Which kain stupid question is that?” Ayo fired.

The girl looked at Ayo intensely for a few seconds and then quietly brought out her phone from her hand bag and dialled a number.

“Skinny T, how far,” I heard her say.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by kayemdy: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
Skinny T again..,...

Let's see how things unfold
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
ah started reading ur story dx evening nd I totally loved it.....kudos to u bro
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by marvwhite: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2015
the way i day see am so,e be like say you want make person fight you forst before you continue.ab?..... Well,am up for thhe task## i remember that time when i beat floyd mayweather to coma..you better continues the story or meet his fate
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2015
Was down with fever guys. Thought it had gone yesterday but it came back. I've figured the pattern, it comes only at night, so don't worry much, I'll drop a new post today unfailing.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Doughyeenbae(f): 11:12am On Nov 29, 2015
chistar01:
Was down with fever guys. Thought it had gone yesterday but it came back. I've figured the pattern, it comes only at night, so don't worry much, I'll drop a new post today unfailing.
Sorry..take care of your self.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Emperortj93(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
You need to apeace the gods cus this ur fever don dey become everyday thing stuff
sorry ndo
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
-21-

HENRY

See no see, tell no tell for the eyes that see today may not see tomorrow.

Amaka stared blankly into space as her hands vibrated uncontrollably. I understood what was going on with her so I was not really worried about that, I figured she would get over it in a few days or weeks top.

I had walked out of the room after I handed the machete to the executioner and went to the car to wait for my boys to finish what I had started. They were fully aware of what they had to do so I was not really bothered.

They had made sure Amaka left the scene with them and passed the emergency exit at the back of the hotel to avoid being seen by anyone at the front.

There was a pair of new clothes for everyone at the car, including Amaka, because blood is something that splashes easily from the body, especially when a cutlass is used.

"Don't worry Amaka, I'm sure Agbaya won't be a problem anymore to anyone again," I finally said to Amaka, I had been very quiet lately. She looked at me to indicate she heard me but then turned her face back to the window, looking outside as we drove. She had been in that position for over ten minutes and I was starting to get worried. I felt the need to explain to her.

"Agbaya deserved what he got," I started to say, "he has been on our radar for quite some time and we had warned him but the bastard could not just leave his dick in his pants."

My explanation was welcomed with total silence.

"If it's the police you are worried of, don't worry, we cleared all our tracks. Naija police is not yet technologically advanced to check for finger prints and we convinced the receptionist and the security guards into believing Agbaya went to the room all alone," I explained further. Again, I got silence in response.

At this point I decided to stop talking.

We got to her place few minutes later and dropped her off then we drove to a bar. After what just went down, we all needed a drink, or a couple of drinks.

The bar was a rather famous bar around Yaba-Tech, Cortiz bar was what it was called. People often joked that the name Cortiz was only chosen because it sounded like 'cultist' and this was because cultists were known to spend hours at the bar daily, drinking, gyrating and basically doing 'other' stuffs.

As I walked into the bar, everyone became quiet as it was expected that when someone of my calibre entered such settings everyone was to acknowledge my presence. The foot soldiers who were known to gather at the bar were the first to approach me.

"Aro Boogie Smallz! Rugged you!" One of them 'capped' out loud as he came over to anchor me. Anchor is just what we call our coded mode of hand shake.

Few of the others came over and basically repeated what the first one had done, anchoring me.

I approached a table and the former occupants immediately stood up and cleared it as I, Skinny T and the other two guys took our seat round the table.

"Madam Rose!" I yelled out loud for the owner of the bar. I used to be a regular at her bar some years back but stopped as things changed. So that explains why I knew her name.

"Boogie, how far na? You just forget us like that," she said smiling as she came over to my table.

"Madam Rose, you wan start this evening. I no get your power abeg," I replied.

"Na your way na," she replied still smiling.

"Madam, I wan drink major today oh."

"That one no be problem na, wetin you wan drink?" She asked, rather excitedly.

"The usual na. You get pepper soup shey?"

"E get the time wey you don find pepper soup come here wey I no get?" She teased.

"Things fit don change na," I replied, "bring two bottles of star and one plate of pepper soup for me then give my boys dem anything wey dem want!" I declared. The boys went haywire with their praises as soon as they heard this.

"Rugged you!" Skinny T said as he anchored me. He sat closest to me.

Skinny T was a dark guy of around twenty-three years of age. He had spent a few years in prison but came eventually out, SARS things. He usually wore one of those armless top designed to promote an event or something of such nature with boot cut jeans to match. His black Ray Ban shades was always there to cover his eyes... The glasses were original though. He was known for ‘obtaining’ wristwatches. His only flaw. But apart from all these, he was brutal.

My bottles of star and the pepper soup came shortly afterwards before every other table in the bar got filled up too. At a point I started to think if I had made a wrong decision because the bill was not looking pocket friendly but the voice of Skinny T cut my thoughts short.

"Wida your control na?" He asked.

"Which control?" I asked in response, not quite sure what he was talking about.

"That fat barney na, Favour, abi wetin be that her name sef?" He asked.

I thought about this for a while, thinking of which Favour I knew that was fat and then it hit me... "Oh! You mean Faith?" I asked as I laughed.

"Enhen, na Faith be her name. You don knack am shey?"

"No o, no be my type," I replied.

Faith had been one fat chick we both went to visit some weeks back. She was a Veron Queen. Veron Queen is what we call our female counterparts. The only time I had 'knacked' her was during her initiation and that was customary so I figured that did not count.

"Your own better o, you dey select womanliness. Me, I never even seen woman pant not to talk of Bleep for like one week now, my body dey do me like say my sperm go soon freeze," he said and I bursted out loud into a laughter frenzy. That was the sickest thing I had heard all day.

"T, na you dey jonze na," I replied when I had collected myself, "if you really wan mess, you go mess." I was sure he understood what exactly I was talking about.

Anyway, we drank deep into the night until I decided it was time for me to go home.

I left the boys at the bar after I settled the bill which was surprisingly not even up to ten thousand naira and boarded a cab straight home.

Today had been quiet eventful and I would have loved to stay with my 'people' to gist and laugh over it but I needed to sleep.

MAXWELL

I got home from Mary-Anne's place all pissed. Actually, I was not even pissed, but disappointed. Disappointed about a lot of things.

Firstly, disappointed in Mary-Anne for opening her legs so easily. I am not totally against her screwing other guys, without me knowing or giving a Bleep of course, but she just had to screw the one person I actually gave a Bleep about.

Secondly, I was disappointed in myself for not figuring it out sooner. I mean, the signs were all there! She did not call me as often as she used to. Henry taking her accident matter so personal as far as going ahead to pay the bills was also a sign. I had dated quite a significant amount of girls and Henry had never even offered any of my girls the least water but suddenly he was settling the hospital bill that was clearly over ten thousand naira.

Most importantly, I was disappointed at Henry. When you live with someone for so long, you expect certain things from them and don't expect certain things. You develop a certain shelter of trust in which you both stay in. We did not exactly have a conversation where we talked about not fucking one another's girl except where authorized, but I did not think I needed to state the rule out loud. Henry had broken this rule, he had broken the trust and thus disregarded our code, the sacred bro's code.

I had zeroed Mary-Anne out of my mind, she was literally dead to me and although I wished it was that easy to do the same to Henry, I was not. I needed to hear his part of the story.

I had gotten home around 10pm and decided to stay awake, waiting for Henry to come home, but after one hour of waiting and not seeing him, I decided to just go to be. I had a 7am lecture that I could not afford to miss... Hec! I am the course rep of my department! I can't afford to miss any lecture.

The sweet aroma of cannabis, however, woke me up later on in the night. A look at the digital wall clock told me I had slept for four hours and with that I knew Henry was back. He had his own keys to the house so I was not bothered about how he had gotten in.

I felt the need to just close my eyes and go back to bed, leaving the matter that I could not get out of my head for some other time since I really needed the sleep but like I said, I could not get the matter out of my head.

I stood up from the bed grumbling to myself as I walked straight to the balcony. My boxer shorts, the only piece of clothing on my body, hung loosely round my waist.

Just as I had expected, Henry was at the balcony. His Beats headset was tightly fitted on his ears so he did not hear when I walked into the balcony and sat on one of the two empty seats.

"Nigga, how far," I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Hey! My Max! E don tay wey I see you last o," he replied as he disconnected his headset from the phone. Pepenazi's song, Illegal, was playing. It was one of my favourite songs at the moment.

"We no see this morning?" I asked as I clearly recalled we had both been at Funmi's room earlier this morning, all scared over the police arresting us.

"Oh! That's true. It sure doesn't feel that way though."

"I been see Tonia for school today oh," I lied in an attempt to change the topic to one I could work with. I needed to find a way to bring up the matter that had been on my mind for a while.

He tapped his head as he seemed to have just remembered something, "I been suppose call the girl o, bit I forget," he said. "She been look hot shey?" He asked grinning mischievously.

"Sure thing na," I replied. "Err... Henry, I wan make we talk about something o," I said as I noticed I had set the right mood.

"Wetin be that my man?" He asked as he took a rather long drag from his joint.

"What's up between you and Mary-Anne!" I asked straight up. I figured we were both guys and there's was really no need to beat around the bush due to our straight forward nature.

He took another drag before he replied me, "as in how?" His face showed no emotions, it had always been impossible to read Henry.

"Okay, make I rephrase. Is there anything going on between you and Mary-Anne that you think I should know?"

As I asked, I hoped he would not lie or further delay the question. At least that way, maybe I might be able to still trust him.

He was quiet for a long while. He seemed more interested in his joint than in the conversation I was trying to have with him as he took over ten drags before he finally asked, "You really wan know?"

"Tell me," I replied.

"Alright then," he said and took one long drag. "I bleeped your bitch and I know how this sounds but it wasn't exactly intentional. No vex." He was so calm as he said this.

Normally one would expect I got really angry and engage him in a fight due to how he had opened up but that is not me. I had known Henry for years. I knew everything there was to know about him and obviously we had had lots of fights in the past but this was not just enough reason to pick a fight.

There was no way I was going to stoop so low as to fight any guy over a girl. Fact!

The fact that I could not fight and chose not to argue or get pissed out loud does not necessarily mean I was happy with all this and the thought of running his head over with a tractor did not cross my mind.

I decided it was best to just let it all go since it was all history and Henry had been truthful to me.

For the first time I took note of my environment. I was around 2am in the morning. The moon was nowhere to be found but the stars were doing a good job with lightening up the earth. The breeze flow was so soothing and everywhere seemed so peaceful. Only one thing seemed to be amiss.

I dragged the tray of weed, picked up the rizla and swiftly tapped a joint. I was surprised at how beautiful the joint looked as it had been a while I rolled.

I lit it up and leaned my back on the seat.

"So did you tits mess her?" I asked.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Babham(m): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
ftc....sha
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:10am On Nov 30, 2015
My kind of guys!
These hoes ain't loyal!
Bros over hoes!

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Hdanny(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Bro u are killin me here...........more update abeg
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
Cool
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Awesome55(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
Babham, ao va. Bros i dey enjoy ur story o
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Babham(m): 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Awesome55:
Babham, ao va. Bros i dey enjoy ur story o
u don come here....finally..my guy
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2015
nice story... u've got a new follower
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2015
This is d only reason i visit nairaland. Welcome back sire... and please comman update na.
its good to have you back kiss
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Uncleluke1(m): 12:14am On Dec 02, 2015
Aluta!! ur head dey der.. C as i bin serious dey wait for update lyk those banni's wey dey read for first clas for ofrima
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 5:08am On Dec 02, 2015
Uncleluke1:
Aluta!! ur head dey der.. C as i bin serious dey wait for update lyk those banni's wey dey read for first clas for ofrima
victoria ascerta! Lol! So glad you can relate.

Dropping a new update today.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Awesome55(m): 10:22am On Dec 02, 2015
chistar01:
we dey expect bro bt make am plenty o
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Zeedarh(f): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Thanks Christar, For coming back.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Uncleluke1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
chistar01:

Best news of the day bro.. Na ur update dey kip boiz busy durin dis holidy
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Uncleluke1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
chistar01:

yes o.. U knw say na ur updates boiz dey use kip demselves busy for dis holiday
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
-22-

FUNMI

The girl who had called Skinny T for Ayo had made her phone call before she quietly packed her books and neatly arranged them in her bag. She then ended up paying total attention to the lecturer for the rest of the lecture period. A quick glance at one of her books and I saw the name Happiness written on it, I figured that was her name.

Having heard what she had said on phone, Ayo had made so nasty remarks to the girl, probably trying to get her to engage in physical combat but the Happiness had ignored Ayo and with that I knew this whole event would not end well for Ayo. I tried to caution her but my warnings fell on deaf ears as Ayo was in the zone so I zipped my mouth and waited for things to play out.

Immediately the lecture ended, Happiness spoke her first eleven words in a while, “If dem born you well, no run commot. Just wait small.” She challenged Ayo.

Ayo stood up in anger, “Me? Run from you?” she asked, tapping her chest continuously as she spoke.

“Good, then wait small.” Happiness replied, laughing.

I do not know what was wrong with Ayo that made her not to see the danger that was coming. I pleaded and urged her to leave now that she had the chance but she bluntly refused. She was bent on seeing what Happiness had in stock for her.

“If you like call police, I no dey go anywhere,” Ayo said as she went on grab the other girls shirt in an attempt to pull her up. I just could not understand how someone can be so troublesome even when there was absolutely no need to be.

Happiness could not take it anymore as Ayo handled her so roughly. She dropped raised her hands and dropped it on Ayo’s chick, letting out a thunderous sound and thus attracting more people to the former four man audience who were watching alongside me initially.

“Wetin dey happen here?” I overheard one of my course mate ask another.

“Guy I no know oh, I just dey wait make dia two start to naked themselves,” the other replied excitedly as he cheered Ayo who had just returned the slap.

In an attempt to stop things from elevating pass the level it was, I walked closer to Ayo and tried to beg her to let it all go but she was more interested in holding tight to the Happiness shirt as she tried to break free from Ayo’s grip. I shifted back from the two of them before the involved me and joined the crowd that had surrounded them at this point. I folded my hands as I watched in disgust. I made a mental note not to ever let her come to school with me again.

Things were starting to get interesting for the guys as Ayo had succeeded in removing one of Happiness button when I noticed someone made way through the crowd, walked up to the back of Ayo and slapped her. She immediately loosed her grip on Happiness.

In my life time as a Yoruba girl, I have seen so many people get slapped and received quite a few myself. I have seen people name different types on slaps based on the pressure applied and where it hits. Igbati, for example would make you correct your wrongs, Ifoti would make you confess your sins, Abara, which is usually administered on the back would literally make you pee in your panties and the list of different slaps goes on but the one Ayo received is one I have never seen before. It seemed a lot like Igbaju Oloyi as she showed the necessary effects from receiving that type of slap; losing balance and searching for where the slap came from but in addition to this she lost her ability to speak… and this was highly unusual as Ayo always had something to say.

If you be king for your area, leave am like that, you get mouth for your area, leave am like that, because if you no send me, I no go send you. That song by Suspect was the song that came to mind as I watched Ayo fall to the ground due to the stunning effect of Skinny T back hand slap.

“Why you dey embarrass yourself like this?” I heard the guy who I now believed to be Skinny T said to Happiness as he took her under his arm and walked away.

I waited patiently for Skinny T to go far beyond sight before I stared at Ayo as she was on the ground and busted out in laughter, not caring that she was still on the floor in pain. She had her hand on her ears like she was picking a phone call.

“Shebi I warned you?” I asked rhetorically as I helped her up. The crowd had reluctantly dispersed at this point as they saw the drama had ended.

“Who slapped me?” she asked. Her eyes were blinking continuously like an epileptic.

I could not hold back the laughter as I went into another laughing frenzy.

“Let’s go home jhur,” I said as I dragged her out of the classroom. She kept on asking me who slapped her and promised to come back for Happiness the next day. After receiving such slap, I knew deep within me that she would not, just trying to cover up for her wounded ego.

MARY-ANNE

I have never really had much friends and I know exactly why; I do not know how to socialise. Going out to places where you meet fun people and starting all these petty talks that sometimes leads to great friendships is something I find very difficult to engage in. It is not like I am a loner or have not tried but it is not just my thing.

It is for this reason I have no single friend in my entire compound which houses over thirty-five people, well, except Amaka and we are not exactly close friends, except for the fact that I know she is friends with my boyfriend, or is it ex-boyfriend now?

Since he left my house with such a temper, I have been trying Maxwell’s phone number and he has been ignoring my calls as expected. I do not know what is wrong with me, it seems like I always find a way to chase the guys I really care about out of my house. First it was Henry when I told him I was pregnant and now Maxwell.

After trying Maxwell’s phone number all night, I woke up the next morning with one single goal; a promise not to call him again. I figured he needed a little space to think about what he really wanted and my incessant calling was clearly not helping matters but to do this I needed to get my mind off him.

I tried watching television but after staring blankly at the screen for twenty minutes, I figured I needed to do something different. After deep thoughts I decided to go to over to Amaka’s room…. Something I have never done before. We are just the ‘please give me Maggi and Pepper’ kind of neighbour.

I had no idea what we were going to talk about or what we were going do but I left for her room cladded in a black bump short and black top to match.

Her room was on the first floor so I had to make use of the staircase to climb down. I got to her room door and knocked lightly. I got no response then I knocked a second time, a little harder this time. Still no response so I went on to knock five more times before I decided to give up.

She is not home, I thought as I headed back to my room with the sole plan to go and try calling Maxwell once again. Who was I deceiving? I needed to hear from him, the silence was killing me, but just as I got to the stair way I heard someone struggle to open his door and then, “Maryanne!” followed shortly. Amaka had opened her door and called out my name.

Saved by the bell, I sighed as I walked back towards Amaka who had only half her body out of the door. She had only a wrapper tied loosely round her waist as if she had tied it in a rush.

“What’s up?” she asked me as I got back to her frontage.

“Nothing really, Sorry to bother you,” I replied. She did not look so good. Her mascara had washed down her face and dried on her cheeks which if it is anything to go by, she had been crying. I reasoned she might need to be alone so I decided to give her space.

“No… no. You are not bothering me,” she forced her lips to curve into a smile. “I could actually use some company if you don’t mind?”

Great! Just exactly what I need, I thought. “Well, if you insist.”

She used her hand to signal that I entered the room, I walked and a stood still, watching her bolt her door tightly.

Her room was a total mess. The T.V was on but the volume was totally reduced. The bed was filled with clothes, dirty and clean ones, pieces of damp tissue papers was littered all over, and the floor was so sandy I felt I had just walked into a beach. There was a blanket spread out on the floor and a pillow at one edge, looked like that was where she was lying before I knocked. She confirmed my deduction as she sat on the blanket and placed the pillow at her back, to ease the supposed discomfort leaning directly on the wall might have caused.

“I know the room is a mess, I haven’t had the room time,” she said as she noticed my eyes wander all over the room.

“Looks like the Second World War happened here,” I said, my weak excuse of a joke.
“Yea, I know. It’s not usually like this but I haven’t really been feeling too well,” she replied in regret, “speaking of health, I didn’t know you’ve been discharged from the hospital. I would have dropped by to check on you.” She maintained the regret tone.

“It’s no biggie, I was only discharged yesterday,” I replied.

“You are lucky oh. When I saw that car run into you I thought you would die immediately,” she said.

“It’s God’s grace,” I said with a smile.

A short silence followed and I got to observe the room once again. The clothes, I understood, the sand, I understood, but the damp tissue papers baffled me.

“Why is tissue paper littered all over your room,” I broke the short silence.

She looked at me, then turned her attention to the pieces that was littered all over the floor. “Well if you much know, I cried a little too much last night but please don’t ask me why.”

“You know that’s impossible na,” I stood up and walked over to join her on the blanket. “Someone as pretty as you shouldn’t be crying.” I said meaning every single word. I had found Amaka to be the perfect girl. Perfect ass, perfect boobs, pretty face, jovial character, easy to talk to and basically everything any guy would want from a girl.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s not something I want to talk about,” she replied. “What I want to talk about is why Maxwell, your boyfriend, is not home with you?” she stressed on ‘your boyfriend’.

Perfect! Just exactly who I needed to be reminded of.

“We are having a small fight,” I said handling my phone.

Do not call him… do not call him… do not call him, I repeated under my breath trying my humanly possible best to give him his space.

“Really? What happened na?” she asked looking like a curious puppy.

I was not quite sure if I should go on and tell her how I had slept with Henry and Maxwell found out so I decided to play her card, “It’s not something I want to talk about.”

She laughed, “Well played.”

I joined her in laughter but was cut short when certain images on the television screen caught my attention.

First I saw my school, Yaba-Tech, badge pop up on the screen and then the pictures of the senate building was showed. Then a picture of Professor Iyagba was shown.

“Turn up the volume,” I said and she picked up the remote and pressed a button. The audio came alive. The voice was that of a female.

…following the brutal murder of one of its lecturer, in person of Mr Elijah Iyagba, the students and staffs of Yaba College of Technology are being advised to be cautious while participating in regular school activities. Although the case is still under investigation, it’s believed he was murdered by cultist. The I.G of Lagos Police has vowed to bring whoever was responsible to book and also stated that some people with valuable information had already stepped forward.

“Oh my God!” I exclaimed as a blurred picture of his headless body flashed very briefly on the screen after a warning.

Amaka stood up and went to her bathroom immediately. I could sense something was amiss.

TO BE CONTINUED

www.sochistar.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
men u are the best o. Keep it up following u like mad
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Skimpledawg(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
My kind of guys!

These hoes ain't loyal!

Bros over hoes!
Ai swear down....

Oga Chistar01, u just blew ma brains wt dt scene btw Henry and Max.... Thumbs up mahn... U so tyt

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ai swear down....

Oga Chistar01, u just blew ma brains wt dt scene btw Henry and Max.... Thumbs up mahn... U so tyt

Na so bro!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by marvwhite: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
damm !!.. You`re killing me with this sh*t.... Ride on
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 6:26am On Dec 04, 2015
The traffic on this thread is so poor n it deserve far more. Where is lalasticlala n seun?front page please.

Like this if you agree

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by marvwhite: 6:54am On Dec 04, 2015
MzChistar:
The traffic on this thread is so poor n it deserve far more. Where is lalasticlala n seun?front page please.

Like this if you agree
criticism is allowed though i agree with you,but this dude ain`t a robot and besides,he doesn`t get paid....good comments may motivate him,i wonder what criticism would do

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by kayspark27(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
hmm,gettin tougher chistar abeg no deh delay naw

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (36) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Accidental Victim / Oga Landlord 21+

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.